Elle's TTC Journal.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2010, 10:05 AM
elle8's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't updated in days but I just didn't think I had much to say and I am frantically trying to finish everything up for Christmas.

CD 20 - 8 DPO

So I made an adjustment on FF so now it shows I am 8 DPO vs 7 which I feel is more accurate based off of EWCM, O pains and my temp. I didn't use an OPK test on CD 11 just my monitor which sucks. I think the OPK would of been + as well because I always have 2 days of + OPK's.

I think my temps are looking pretty good. Today my dog woke me up 2 hrs earlier than normal so I had to take my temp early and it was really low. Not sure if that was the reason why but I have looked back on days when I temped earlier than normal and there was never this much of a variation.

As far as symptoms go, I haven't had much of anything going on. I had some cramps a couple days ago that felt like AF cramps but I am usually a little crampy in my ovaries after I O. This was actually more like AF though.

I should get my progesterone levels back today or tomorrow for sure. DH was supposes to have is SA today but we rescheduled until Jan 4th. I don't know what we were thinking doing it this week! He has to drive to down town for it and that is about 2 hrs round trip so we postponed with all the Christmas craziness.

Thanks ~Nicole~ for my perfect siggy!
December 22nd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Any word on what your progesterone level was ???? Anxious to hear I dont blame you for waiting till after the holiday "madness" to go have DH get his SA done. That date shouldnt really be around your "O" time when you'll want to BD I dont think, will it? My DH had to abstain for at least 48hrs prior to collection. It took us a month or two to get his done just b/c whenever he couldve gone it wasnt jiving with my cycle....but anyways, hope all is good with ya today Im slow and just recently noticed your cute little pup in your siggy, too cute!!!

December 22nd, 2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks for that info Jennifer. I had no idea he would have to abstain for a few days before hand. They didn't tell him anything about that. It wont matter because that should just be a few days into my cycle, so no problem there.

I did hear back and my progesterone level is 10. Dr. says he wants it at least 15 so I start Femara next month. I am a little surprised that it is low since my LP is long and my temps are decent during that time. I don't really know how low that is, I just know he wants it higher. I will be doing tons of research tonight!

DH husband and I laugh about our fur baby in my sig. He looks so funny! We love him so much!

On another note, we saw True Grit today. It was soooo good! I love Jeff Bridges. The theater was packed though!

December 22nd, 2010, 11:47 PM
Magz's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww, I didn't notice the puppy either till now.. Brittany spaniel?
December 28th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you & your DH had a nice Xmas !!! How's your 2ww going ?? I'm on my way out to make a visit to see the witch here soon ~ hope you get your BFP this cycle, still looking good

December 30th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Hey Jennifer! We had a great Christmas! It was very busy but we really enjoyed seeing all our family. Tomorrow we are hanging out with some friends and having a nice dinner so we are looking forward to that as well. As far as the 2ww I am out this month. My temp really dropped today so AF is on her way today. Oh well, on to my first Femara cycle! I am excited to see how it goes!

CD 28 - 15 DPO

So like I said my temp really dropped and I am spotting today so I know AF will be here by the end of the day today. I start my first Femara cycle in a couple days so hopefully that will go well. I am a little confused though because my Dr. said we would start with 2.5 once a day but my script calls for 2.5 twice a day. I left a message with the nurse yesterday but I have yet to hear back from her.

My Dad got me Chalean Extreme for Christmas and I started it on Tuesday. I love it! I was so sore yesterday and I cant wait to do it again today! I can tell it is really going to be good for me. I need to take some before pictures because I am curious to see what I look like after the 90 days of the program. Before Christmas I was 1 lb away from my goal weight and I didn't put any weight on through the holidays so I feel really good with my workout/eating plan right now. I think I made it through the holidays!!!!

December 30th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about this month not working out we can enjoy the nasty witch together! You have a nice long LP which is awesome, hopefully the femara just gives a stronger egg and that's all you need! As far as how your doc wrote the script, maybe thats just in case he increases to 5mg once a day. I've never heard of it twice a day but that makes sense to start you at lowest dose first. Are you going for a 7 dpo progesterone again after being on it? Your DH is going for his SA soon too, right? Hoping next cycle is it for us

December 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Yes, I will have another 7 DPO progesterone check. I am wondering though, should they be checking my follicles as well? I did talk to the nurse and she said that once the Dr. saw my levels he decided to start me at 5.0 vs the 2.5 so I will take 2 together at the same time. Is he being too aggressive? I guess that is a good thing right? DH has is SA on Mon, Jan 3rd so we should hear back about that sometime next week. With my Femara and your IUI hopefully we will both get our BFP's next month!

December 30th, 2010, 01:56 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope Femara does the trick for you!! I would love to be celebrating your BFP this time next month!!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 30th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HI Elle - I hope the Femara is all you need! It's up to the doc really whether they want to check follies or not. I don't think it's necessary but it would give extra information on how your follies respond to the meds. My RE is doing it, I guess just to get an idea of how things go in there (and I'm not on any meds and won't be since I haven't had a problem getting pregnant - just staying that way)

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 2nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
CD 4 of cycle # 6

So today is my second day of Femara. Yesterday I took my first pill after lunch and then my last pill after dinner. I asked and they said I could take them anytime through out the day as long as I took two. So far the SE aren't too bad. I have had some hot flashes which is strange for me because I am usually very cold normally. Right after I take it I tend to get light headed, dizzy and disoriented for about an hour but then that goes away and I am fine. I think I will switch to just taking both pills at night right before I go to bed. Oh I also kept feeling off and on like I was trying to get a headache but it never really developed. I get horrible migraines so this was nothing compared to those and I never even needed to take anything for it. So far overall I would say my body seems to be reacting pretty well to it. Hopefully it continues!!!!!

January 4th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy New Year !!
Im trying to get caught up in journal-land here !!! How did your DH do with his SA yesterday? Any idea when you'll get those results ?? That's great you are on the 5mg of Femara. I never had any monitoring done at all while on the 2.5mg except for one 7DPO progesterone check just to make sure I was O'ing. Hope you are not even noticing any side effects by taking them before bed

January 4th, 2011, 04:15 PM
CD-6

Ugh! I have had headaches the last couple days and they suck! I cant tell if they are from the Femara or not though since I do get them anyway but I haven't had one a long time so I am thinking it is likely. Only 2 more days and then I am done this cycle! Other then that it hasn't been bad. No more dizzy, light headed stuff going on since I started taking it at night.

DH had his SA done yesterday. I forgot to ask when we would get the results back so if we haven't heard anything back by tomorrow I will call and see what I can find out. Hopefully it is all good news!

Jennifer, I was wondering where you had been! I know the last week was crazy with the holidays and everything. I am excited to see how this month goes for you. Hopefully it ends in a big fat

January 6th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How's it going ?? Did your headaches seem to go away now that you are done with taking the Femara for this cycle ?? I hope you dont ever need that ever again & we both land our BFP's this cycle Any results on the SA yet ?? Hope you have a great day!

January 6th, 2011, 02:22 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
I'm sorry about the headaches I hope they stop once you're done with the Femara. Hopefully you'll end up with your BFP at the end of this cycle so you'll be done with it! I hope your DH's SA results came back just fine!!!
January 6th, 2011, 02:55 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry about the headache side effects, Elle. Clomid did that to me so badly that I can totally understand! Hopefully they will start to go away as you're done with the pills. Keeping my fingers crossed that this first time is the last time you'll need Femara!!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

January 6th, 2011, 10:48 PM
CD - 8

Do you girls find that you lose track during your cycles? At first I was so excited and I knew exactly where I was in my cycle etc, but now I have to check my ticker to see what day I am on!!!

The last 2 days on Femara the headaches were much better. I was taking it at night so I really think that helped. I guess we will see next month, if there is a next month! Hopefully not. I am still waiting to hear back about DH's SA. I called yesterday and today and nothing. So I will be calling again tomorrow. The nurse at the clinic we went to said she was backed up but would call my OBGYN today but my nurse hadn't heard from her so we will be checking again tomorrow.

On the workout front things have been going pretty well. I am really liking Chalean Extreme. It is tough though! I was so sore all last week and now this week I am just a little sore. I am all ready starting to see some nice definition in my abs and I just feel tighter all over. My diet has kind of sucked lately though. I have to kick my sugar habit again. I was doing good before Christmas but with all the sweets it was so hard and once I start it is hard to stop.

January 7th, 2011, 07:56 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
I'm glad your headaches seem to be better. And I know what you mean about losing track - at first, I knew exactly where i was with my cycles & now I lose track, too. I almost missed my + OPK this month, too. I didn't realize I was on CD11 and although I normally don't O until CD14 I did an OPK and it was positive! I O'd earlier than usual this month. So I need to get better about keeping track again

I hope you get his results soon. I hate that dr's offices seem to take their sweet time about things like that. They must know that you're waiting & waiting for results. Hopefully you'll get them soon though!
January 7th, 2011, 02:10 PM
CD - 9

So I finally got the results back! They said everything was normal and I asked for numbers and this is what they gave me.

Density is 218

Motility - 70%

Straight - 63%

Total count 100. This was a little confusing to me. It didn't coincide with my research.

No white blood cells detected.

Are there any numbers we are missing? She kept saying "The test came back normal" and I kept having to ask for all the numbers. I asked them to send us the results so we can look them over. I have heard of tests coming back normal but some numbers actually being low so I would like to actually see it with my own eyes to make sure.

Christy, the same thing happened to me last month. I O'd early and I wasn't ready at all. The first day I took my OPK it was positive on CD 12!! I am trying to be better prepared this month! I need a BD plan. I think the last few months we have been lacking in that area so we are going to ramp it up!

January 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
I agree-- be careful about O'ing early with the Femara. With the exception of my last Femara cycle-- I was O'ing on CD 12. My obgyn recommended BD on odd days starting at CD 9 and then every day once you get a + OPK. I never listened but it probably works.

I think the only thing you may be missing is morphology for the SA but if they said normal then I am sure its all good. Whoo hoo-- that must be such a relief to you and dh.

I think I am going to do another round of slim in 6 and then start Chalean Extreme. What kind of weights are you using. I want to buy one of those all in one sets.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search