Elle's TTC Journal.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM
elle8's Avatar Super Mommy
So I thought today would be a good day to finally start my journal. I am excited to be taking this journey with so many wonderful women here! Here is a little background info.

I am Elle, age 35, wife to DH Patrick, age 38. We met on Feb 12 2008 and he proposed in June of 2009. We were traveling in Europe and I pretty much knew he was going to pop the question but I wasn't sure where. He decided to do it in a garden in Tivoli just outside of Rome. It was a beautiful day and he was so sweet about it. He is pretty shy so it was a lot for him to do it in public like that. We were married 4 months later on Oct 18th here in Dallas in an outdoor wedding. Oct in Dallas is sketchy weather wise. It rained for 2 solid weeks before the wedding and I just knew it was going to rain on us. But nope! Our wedding day arrived and it was sunny! No rain at all. Since then we have both taken some time off from work to do some traveling together before we start a family. It has been great and we have both really enjoyed the time we have been able to spend together this last year but now its time to get back to work!! So here we are!

Our first month TTC was Aug of 2010. For the previous few months before that we were NTNP. In June of 2010 I started using OPK's and then in Nov of 2010 I started charting. Somewhere in between all that I also started using a CBEFM. It seems to work pretty well but is not always on the same page as my OPK's.

We both feel a little rushed to get pregnant and get this ball rolling since I am 35 and DH is 38. I mean at this point he is going to be almost 60 when our kids are graduating high school!!! Talk about older parents! lol

We have interviewed 3 different OBGYN's and I feel that we finally found our match today. I have a few issues that we will need to work though while I am pregnant so it is important that we find the right fit and we also need someone that has infertility experience. The reason I am worried about fertility issues is due to the fact that I have not been on any type of birth control for the last 3 years and even though we were really weren't "trying" I never got pregnant, plus my age. My issues that we are concerned about have to do with my migraines. I have really bad ones and I take a daily preventive and without it I would have 6 debilitating migraines a month. We are worried that my migraines my increase during pregnancy and I will need to be monitored closely If I decide to stay on the medication during pregnancy.

I think that pretty much sums us up!

On to my DR appt today. I know they say 6 months of TTC if over the age of 35 as the standard before they will start any fertility testing or treatment but I really want to get things started. I absolutely loved my DR today! I told him we were concerned and he went right into a game plan. He would like me to have my progesterone levels checked on day 7 of my next cycle. Since in the past I have ovulated on day 20 -22 of a 30 -35 day cycle he thinks that my levels are low and that it wasn't a good egg. After we do that he wants to start me on 2.5 mg of Letrozole. (SP) on days 3 - 7 of my cycle. I think this is Femara? He seems to think we will have success with this but who really knows since we have not had any tests done yet.

Here is a little history on my cycles. I have always been very regular with about 30 day cycles until this summer when they were 25, 30, or 35 days. Things seem to be back on track now. Even when I ovulate late I have a long LP of around 15 days or so I am seeing. My periods are pretty heavy with bad cramping the first day or two. I have had my hormone levels checked in the past and they were good but this was 5 years ago.

Hopefully I can keep to plan and update here regularly! We shall see!

Thanks ~Nicole~ for my perfect siggy!
November 29th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Elle!! I am so happy you started a journal! I think you are going to love it here!

Letrozole is Femara and I think its great that you have such a proactive Dr. My progesterone was always low but was told it was fine-- I know its not. I had to get a second opinion basically diagnosing myself and asking for Femara.

I think you have a fantastic plan in place and I just know you will have your BFP in no time!
November 29th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Elle - yay for starting a journal

I think it's wonderful the way DH proposed.

It's great you have a good proactive doctor. I hope you get your BFP in no time.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

November 29th, 2010, 09:37 PM
missa3428's Avatar TTC#1 I want 2 b a MOMMY
Hello, Elle! YAY for starting a Journal. I am happy to hear that you found a good proactive doctor. Those can be hard to find! I hope that your plan is what will get you your BFP!
November 29th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Elle, I am Nayomi. Welcome to J.M. journaling. I hope you get your real soon.
November 30th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome girls! Everyone here has been so warm and welcoming. I am so excited to have found you all!

CD 28 - 13 DPO

I decided not to test today. I can totally feel AF coming and I think she will be here by Friday for sure. My temp also dropped a bit today and I would bet it drops more tomorrow. I am not upset about it. I know a lot of you have been trying for so long and this is just a few months in for us so I would much rather see some of you girls get your BFP before me.

Yesterday before we went to the DR appt. DH said he had a dream that we were in the process of IVF. That is an odd dream for him to have but maybe that is where we will end up. Luckily he is really open to whatever it takes for us to get pregnant. I think he may want a baby more than me!! He is so understanding and just such a wonderful man, I feel blessed everyday to have found him.

I am thinking about going to Hobby Lobby later and looking around for some more Christmas Decorations. I put up everything on Sunday but I want a few more little things here and there. The temp really dropped here today and I am really starting to get into the spirit. I looooove Christmas!

November 30th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I hope you don't have to get to the point of IVF because that is where I am at and it has been torture getting here. That's great that your dh is so open to it, mine isn't

You have a really nice long lp this cycle so maybe your progesterone is not so bad. My lp was 10 days sometimes 11 before medication. You are testing that this next cycle ( if you have one) right?

I hope your wrong about af and that temp shoots up tomorrow. Your chart looked kinda triphasic for a while there.

Hope you found some nice decorations if you went. I am buying a little something everywhere I go. Mostly nice smelly things-- my house smalls like x-mas-- YUM!!
December 1st, 2010, 12:21 PM
I didn't find anything at Hobby Lobby! Such a bummer. I do have all my plug ins from Bath and Body out though and the house smells like a Nutmeg Christmas Tree! I love the way it smells. I think this weekend I am going to go to the TJ Maxx home goods store and see what they have. They always have the best holiday stuff if it isn't picked over yet. My Mom and I are having our annual shopping trip on Sat so it will be a pretty full day but so much fun!

CD 29 - 14 DPO

Well my temp did jump back up a little, to 98.10 today but I tested again and BFN. You are right Sam, if I would of had a high temp yesterday my chart would of been triphasic. I played around with the temp to see and that's what it said. My doc wants me to have the progesterone test on 7 DPO on the next cycle so not much longer and I will have some sort of answer. I thought that if my temps were high and my LP was long then I didn't really have to worry about my progesterone levels?

I'm sorry Sam about DH not being so open to IVF. Is it the cost or just the thought of it? We have had 2 very close friends that have gone through it and I think that may be one reason he is more open to it. Both were successful with twins!

December 1st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HI Elle !
Nice to see a new face around here Although I'm happy lots of the girls now have made it over to grads too. Hopefully we will be one of the grads too sometime soon! My DH & I are both "older" being 34. I sometimes feel like if I ever become a mom, people will think I'm really the grandma walking the kid to school !! Anyways, it sounds like you have everything really planned out well & I hope you get some answers so you will be on your way soon to that BFP ! Wanted to let you know I took Femara (Letrozole) for 6months, although it helped me O, I didnt end up with a BFP. I had no side effects & it was a very easy med for me to tolerate! Hope its the lucky ticket for you!! Nice to see you here ..
PS: My DH & I just went to Dallas for the 1st time last w/e & we loved it, saw a Stars game Sat night & Cowboys game Sun. Sooooo fun !!

December 1st, 2010, 12:46 PM
Hi Jennifer! I was wondering if there were any other girls my age around here. I have been reading your journal a bit and I saw that you have been trying for a while but I didn't see if you had PCOS or another issue. I am just so afraid that our problem will be unexplained infertility. I would much rather have a diagnosis of some sort then no answer at all. Thanks for the info about Femara! How did you initially find out you were not O'ing?

Glad you liked Dallas! I was born and raised here and after living in CO for 4 years I couldn't wait to get home. Are you a big hockey fan? I used to go to all the Stars games! I miss it. We have yet to go to the new stadium to see the Cowboys play yet. I bet you guys had a blast!

December 1st, 2010, 12:57 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Hello Elle! Glad to see you over here in the journals. I have been really lousy at keeping up, but I am trying!

I am from Texas too.. not as cool as Dallas though!

Glad you found a good doctor! I am going back to see mine in a few weeks. My last appointment didn't go as planned, so I am going to try again.

I will be asking about my LP. I think mine may be too short.. this stuff is all so confusing.

Hope you get the answers you need and get that BFP soon!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
December 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello again
I believe my DH & I fall into the "unexplained" category ... After about 2yrs I finally went to the doc & had a 7DPO progesterone level checked & mine was borderline ~ around 6.5 I think. That's when my doc decided to start Clomid. I did that for 6mo and after that failed, then switched me to Femara for another 6mo. (the Femara was SO much easier to tolerate!) With each of the meds, I requested another 7DPO progesterone test to make sure the meds were making me O, which they each did!! Also, I had a sonohysterogram done & they saw a small uterine polyp which he thought was interfering with implantation, so I went thru surgery to have that removed also. Still= nothing !!! My DH has only had 1 SA done, probably a year ago that showed borderline abnormal morph. but again the doc said not enough to impact why things arent working. SO....almost 3yrs later, I still have no clue why our bodies wont just make a baby already !!!!!!!!!!! Im going to try an IUI (with Femara & a trigger shot) in Jan. My DH has only agreed to try IUI x 2, if it fails then we are completely done. I'd be willing to try IVF but dont think I could handle failure of that. DH is completely against trying it. I'm sad & scared thinking about the future.. With our age I feel that's a battle that only will get worse. Anyways, didnt mean to turn this into my personal book ... but I pretty much have been as aggressive as I want to be, esp with age & how much I know DH & I are willing to do. Luckily I have a great RE and he pretty much will do what I request So, has your DH had an SA done ?? I would recommend just having him do that at the same time you also get your b/w done. That way you know you wont be taking Femara if for some reason there is something wrong with DH (hopefully not though !!!!). We put our bodies thru soooooooo much. Seems like the guys have the 'easy' part. Well, enough for now !! Happy Thursday!

December 2nd, 2010, 11:53 AM
CD30 - 15DPO

Well the only good thing I can say about cycle day 30 is that at least I have a long LP. My temp did drop somewhat today so I really know she is coming. FF says tomorrow and I think that is right. I will be glad for her to get her because my jeans are tight and I am so bloated! All though I would rather be overly bloated and be pregnant then fit into my jeans with AF.

OH! My Nurse called today with the results of some of my blood work. My thyroid looks good and they checked my Rubella immunity again, some of you may remember that thread, and I am immune. No need for an MMR shot!

I am so excited! DH got me a smart phone yesterday! Finally! I had an old Blackberry Pearl that was awful! I had so many problems with it. So I got the new Samsung Vibrant. Now I can check in on JM when I am out and about! This thing is so user friendly, I can see I am going to be addicted. And I got a new siggy!! Thanks Nicole! Its my first so I am super excited about that.

Kelli, what part of TX are you from? I have noticed there are a lot of TX girls here on JM. I hope your next DR. visit goes better. Finding the right one is hard and it took us 3 tries.

Jennifer, I love hearing your story! Sometimes it is hard being new and trying to fit together the pieces with everyone and figure out what all they have been through, you just summed it all up for me! I am curious why DH is against IVF. I see a lot of girls have that issue. We aren't anywhere close to that yet but I am wondering if my DH is going to change his mind for some reason. We haven't had DH do a SA yet. I will ask for that next time we are in. I wasn't sure at what point we should do that but what you are saying makes total sense. What is the point of taking Femara if his swimmers aren't even working! lol

December 2nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought initially that if my DH & I had to go that route & have the IVF talk, that I would be the one more hesitant. I can sit here & think about flushing $10K down the drain & my palms get sweaty......with DH, yes it was a $$ issue but he actually told me that ethically he was against it. I know I've heard other DH's have problems with it too, I wonder if some of it is b/c they dont totally understand what it all entails. For me....its best just to keep a lot of info to myself when it comes to TTC. Even when it comes time to us doing the IUI, I may just sneak off to give myself the trigger shot, he already knows he's on his own for the "swimmer collection" and then we'll go from there. Yes, I def. think having your DH just go ahead & get a baseline SA out of the way, is a great idea before you start popping meds. I was glad I did it that way too !!

December 2nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I am sorry you feel like AF is coming.

And I love your new siggy! The ladies on here do an awesome job. I want to learn how to do it.

I am from Vidor, TX... close to Beaumont. We live in Nederland now though. You know where that is??

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
December 2nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
Wow-- I missed some good conversation over here! I don't even know where to start!

First, Elle-- I love your siggy!!

OK, I'll start with the low progesterone/ lp issue. I have personally found that my lp without meds was short and that did coincide with low 7dpo progesterone draws. When I showed my acupuncturist my charts she didn't like the dips in my temps either in the lp. Says that is also a sign of low progesterone. Since I have been on this board I haven't seen anyone with a gorgeous lp like yours with low progesterone-- so hopefully you don't have to worry about that.

It's crazy but my dh thinks IVF is not ethical either. Well, he thinks its unnatural. He never thought he would have to do this and quite honestly he doesn't want it as bad as me. I can totally see myself sneaking off to give myself shots too.

So we got ourselves a 30+ club going here. It sure does suck when you feel like you are running out of time. I can honestly say if age wasn't a factor-- I would give myself more time to conceive since its only been a few months since my Lap surgery to remove my endo.

Sigh-- hijack over. Sorry about the BFN!
December 3rd, 2010, 02:13 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey stopn by to say i love your siggy!!!
December 3rd, 2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for all the siggy love everyone! Nicole really does an awesome job. Her Christmas ones were really cute but for my first I wanted one I could keep for a while so I opted for something non Christmas.

CD1

Gotta love it! At least I don't feel bloated and yuck anymore but I do feel all crampy so I guess its a trade!

Thanks for that info Sam. I cant believe you are over 30 too! You look so young! I know what you mean about time + age being a factor. DH and I both feel that pressure. I was wondering about exactly what you said. My temps are good during my LP, my LP is long and so I wonder what my progesterone levels will be. I am very curious to get that blood work done and now that CD1 is here I am on my way. I am guessing I will have to have the blood draw on Dec 23rd or 24th. If I come back with good levels I wonder where he will want to go from there?

DH and I were talking last night about JM and I was telling him how awesome all the girls here are. You guys are such a great source of info and I know that whatever I hear from my DR. I can come ask your opinions and you will have some insight for me.

I mentioned in our Get Fit thread that we are having Sushi with friends tonight, well this is one of the couples that did IVF and she is pregnant with twins right now (no sushi for her) so I am excited to pick her brain. She always has a lot of info and is willing to talk about all the gory details. I have heard the ethical issue from a few people when we have mentioned IVF and DH was the same at first when we were very early on in this. Like I said though, 2 of his really close guy friends have gone through it with their wives and I think that changed his mind after talking to them.

December 3rd, 2010, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your thyroid came back normal Sometimes people don't realize how important a normally functioning thyroid is to fertility. I hope your progesterone comes back good!
By the way I'm over 30 as well (31)!

Have fun at your dinner and make sure to get lots of info from your friend!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

December 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:

Thanks for that info Sam. I cant believe you are over 30 too! You look so young!
OMG- love you for that comment!!

Sorry to see this is CD 1 for you. I really hope all your tests give you the all clear. You haven't been trying that long so I hope there are no problems for you and DH. But hey, at least you get the jump on what those problems may be.

Glad you enjoy it on here-- I don't know what I would have done without my girls!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search