Maggie's TTC Journal :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Magz's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm gonna keep this short (HAHA), I have a tendency to ramble & it gets ugly. *ahem*

Maggie, 21, married June 2008, CNA, student, DH is a truck driver, parents have been married 38 years, three younger siblings (one in college, the other two in highschool), not on the best of terms (my father & I are exactly alike, lots of head-butting has gone on) most of the time, but I still love them and vice versa! I enjoy old books, old movies and old music.

I stopped getting the Depo shot in December of last year ('09). I was super duper excited, last time I had quit Depo, my period came back right away. I assumed that by April or May, at the latest, my cycles would be regular again (30 days apart, 5 days long). Nope. AF didn't make an appearance till this fall. There were a couple irregular, very light periods, then a good solid (emphasis on "solid" - I was in bed the whole weekend) one in the middle of November.

With DH being gone sporadically, it's hard to schedule optimal times for BDing.. which is kind of a bummer.. but we're working on it.

CD 2 right now.

I'm bipolar, which I guess is a mildly interesting fact about me. I see my psychiatrist once every two or three months, working on finding another therapist (my old one got a job with some school district..). I'm pretty sure things will get a little hairy for awhile if/when I do get my eggo preggo, going off meds, decreasing them, monitoring moods, etc.

One more thing before I head off for bed, this is a little weird to most people, but I'd like to get it out in the open. DH is 12.5 years older than me, & has two daughters with his ex-wife (the first was born when they were in highschool). One is in highschool, the other in middle school. They're closer in age to me than I am to him. It's made for some interesting counseling sessions..

SOOOO... I'm sure I'll update this in a month.. or two... something... I have more fun stalking everyone else's journals... 'night!!!!!
December 15th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey welcome to journaling. I hope your stay is short n sweet. I hope you get your bfp this cycle. I am Nayomi by the way.
December 18th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Entry #2 - CD 6

So it looks like DH is going to be gone during the middle of my cycle. Sometimes I don't like his job very much!

When we got hitched in June 2008, we were kinda stupid and did the whole NTNP for 6 months (nothing happened).. while we were stable in most areas (a perk of marrying someone older than myself!), in the end, I definitely decided wasn't emotionally ready to have a child.

December '08 is when I started getting the Depo Provera shot - AF stopped right away, didn't have a period till I skipped one shot and did the patch for a month. Didn't like it, so I went back to the shot (uggggh).

In December '09 I'd been in counseling, he'd been in counseling, we were ready, so I didn't go in in March to get the shot. I figured AF would arrive within a few weeks. Nope. Late fall...

November I had a good solid period (5 days of pure agony ... went through a ton load of pads and tampons), so I expected this month to be the same. As you can see from my chart, it most certainly was not. Light, medium, light, spotting. That is NOT normal for me. Kinda bummed. & my chart looks weird. How long does it take to "recover" from Depo Provera? I'm usually pretty upbeat and relaxed about this whole deal, but now I'm starting to worry.. I know you guys have been trying much longer than I have, so I need to take a chill pill & shut up.

My biological mother conceived me the first time she had sex (at age 15). I don't know if that's a good sign or not?

However, I know how rough it was for my adoptive (oops, said biological) mom. She wanted soooo badly to be pregnant and have a baby - 16 years was rough on her. She was basically devastated when she had her hysterectomy (cervical cancer)... seeing her go through that concerns me quite a bit.

Done with ranting. Hope everyone is doing well! I've spent several hours reading through everyone's journals.. not quite caught up yet. You guys are rockstars!

Last edited by Magz; December 19th, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
December 18th, 2010, 07:39 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hi Maggie, welcome to journals! I'm Christy , I just turned 28 last week & DH and I are on our 4th cycle TTC. I'm sorry your body's taking awhile to regulate after the shot. I hope you're "normal" again soon. I look forward to reading your journal & I hope you're on your way to grads soon!
December 21st, 2010, 12:12 AM
Entry #3 - CD 9
I'm not sure how reasonable this is going to sound, since I'm writing this just before I go to bed..

Tonight I had a chat with an older lady friend about the issues I've had after Depo, my weird cycles the last couple months, the heavy (normal) period I had in November, & the VERY light period last week. I barely needed a pad. Even the lighter periods I had earlier this fall weren't THAT light. A year later, Depo is probably still messing with my body - but she strongly encouraged me to test, just in case. If I keep waiting to O, & it doesn't happen b/c I am pregnant.. I'll probably attribute it to my cycles still not being "normal" & keep waiting indefinitely. I've been lowering the dosage of my meds with the guidance of my psychiatrist and doctor, but they still want me to let them know right away if/when I get a BFP.

Sooo... I'm going to head over to my friend's place on Wednesday night and test (I'm a wimp, but I don't want to be all alone taking the test, whether it be - or + ... DH is headed to NY at the moment).
I'm 99% sure it will be negative, I haven't felt noticeably different the last few days.. hoorah, my first disappointment.

I wish I'd never gone with the Depo shot!

In other news... DH is not going to be home for Christmas. Huge bummer. I'll be with family, but it's not quite the same without him. The day he comes back, the girls will be here. They'll be headed to Chicago for a couple days - I'm not going, I know he enjoys time with them and sometimes they feel awkward around me. They live a state away with their mom, so they don't get to see him as much as they would like. After the holidays though, he's all mine.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm done journal stalking for the night, sending a prayer out for all of you and your various struggles... keep hangin' in there.
December 21st, 2010, 06:42 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to journals!!! I'm just now getting back into them after taking a journal break. Im Stef

Sorry to hear that your DH wont be home for Christmas I'm glad you get to spend time with your family.

Good luck testing tomorrow...that would be a great Christmas surprise!!

January 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM
CD 23 - 8DPO

Definitely a no-go this time around! Last time we BD'd was six days before I (according to my chart) O'd. Bummer.
Saw DH, saw the girls, girls left, DH left, I'm alone in the house again for a few days. I need a cat or something.
Classes start on Monday, back to the same hum-drum routine - looking forward to it though! I have a feeling that Microbiology with Human Diseases by Taxonomy is gonna kick my butt though..
I consider myself relatively intelligent, but I second guessed myself & had to go look up what "taxonomy" meant in the dictionary.. that is NEVER a good sign.
Hope everyone is doing well & recovering from the holidays (praying for those of you who have had a particularly rough year..)!
January 24th, 2011, 03:22 PM
CD 14 - waiting to O, cycle #3ish
Possible ovulation pain the last couple days, today's the first day EVER that I've actually noticed EWCM (I thought AF had arrived early), or what I *think* is EWCM - like I said, it rarely occurs. I'm usually bone dry all the time thanks to a medication I'm on. My temp took a nosedive this morning... ummm... I'm super excited about my body cooperating like this (and me actually noticing.. this could lead to a little neurotic behavior though). Maybe the Depo has worn completely off and I'm all spick 'n span again (minus the lack of a decent period). For heavens sake, it's been over a year.

There's been a hitch in plans though. I wanted to do some BDing last night when I got home, but we had some minor communication glitches in the day, DH had gone to bed early - he got called out to do a short trip. He'll be back Wednesday. WEDNESDAY? That's two freaking days from now. I'll be CD 16 and ovulation will probably be done and over by then.. we BD'd Saturday/Sunday at midnight (I wasn't sure how to put it on the chart), but I'd feel more comfortable if I could spend the next couple days BD'ing.... haha. Unless I'm lucky and it holds off till Wednesday. Is there any way to stop it????? I was too nice and let him go back to sleep..

In other news.. actually, there isn't any other news. I'm off to do some chart stalking!! Au revoir!
February 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM
CD 26 - 10 DPO, cycle #3
I think I'm going to give in to the urge to POAS and head to the dollar store. I'm only 10dpo, buuuuuut, I'm super excited that my temps are still up, unlike last month. & my cycles are 29-30 days, approx... so.. that's only 3 days before AF.. I think... Tomorrow I work a long shift, so I probably won't test again, but definitely on Monday. I'm not expecting anything more than a , so I don't think I'll be too disappointed.

(EDIT: 2 hours later... the Dollar General in our town was completely OUT of two kinds of pregnancy tests. So, I drove to the Dollar Tree in the next town over. They didn't have any either. Drove to yet another. I didn't find any till store #4... 2 hours of searching, and now I'm cramping .. pretty sure AF is on her way figures.)

Last edited by Magz; February 5th, 2011 at 01:56 PM.
February 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
CD 13 - 3 DPO, cycle #4
According to my chart, I'm 3DPO.. however, I feel inclined to disagree, as 10 days seems WAYYY off compared to the last few cycles. I suppose it's possible. I could either be elated - DH and I had a smashing good time two days beforehand, or depressed - I have no idea if I've ovulated or not (stupid FF), and if I haven't, when I will, and if we'll BD at the right time (DH hasn't been feeling well the last couple days, thus no BDing). Time to break out the OPKs!!!!!!
This whole TTC business is a little frustrating, even though we've only been at it for 4 months (well, a year, if you count the period in which AF did not make an appearance after my last Depo shot). This cycle I started a Vitamin B, prenatal vitamins, and baby aspirin regimen.
My doctor's appointment is on Tuesday - I have a lot of questions...
Anywho, I guess that's it for now. DH's ex is being kinda jerky, creating unnecessary drama with DH and the girls (I love those girls, it's not fair to them to see their dad and mom having conflict like this).

Last edited by Magz; February 20th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search