Megan & Andrew's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2011, 12:25 PM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
I thought I would keep my TTC Journal over here as well!

November 1, 2010- My name is Megan, I am 28 years old and my DH and I have been TTC since our Wedding Night on November 28, 2008. We originally went with the motto of "whatever happens, happens" but after about 5 months of BFN we went into charting my BBT. My charts never showed an ovulation so I decided to purchase ovulation test strips and still no sign of ovulation. I went to my gyno about 7 months into TTC and she said to come back after a year of trying with no luck. I read up on the effects of red raspberry leave capsules and decided "why not!", I also tried Pre-Seed lubrication, and Fertil-Aid Capsules all with no luck! I was afraid to go back to my gyno after the year of BFN, I think because I was afraid of what I would find out. I was also going thru a lot with my father being terminally ill and passing away just 4 days after my 1st wedding anniversary. It was just bad timing. After much encouragement from my DH I went to see my gyno late August of this year. She immediatley set up blood tests for my FSH, LH, and Progesterone levels. After my LH and Progesterone bloodwork I had a vaginal sonogram to make sure there was nothing going on. I met with my doctor who told me that my uterus is tilted but there is no concern, I have a small cyst on my left ovary yet again no concern, my FSH was in normal range no concern of early menopause, but my LH and Progesterone were practically non-existent. She actually had me do these tests over again just to make sure she was getting the correct results and she was. I met with her last week and as of right now she is looking into clomid treatments and a Hysterosalpingogram, while my DH is having his sperm analyzed. Depending on my DH results we might have to go with the IUI. She gave me progesterone pills to start my period since my period has never been regular from the beginning. So now it is pretty much a waiting game to start the period and see if there are any issues concering my fallopian tubes before

November 2, 2010- Today my DH Andrew is going to have his sperm analyzed! How Romantic! I never in my wildest dreams ever thought we would have to go thru all of this, it seems so surreal! I know we are only in the beginning stages of TTC with assistance, but this is way farther than I think most people would want to be. Sometimes when I watch "Teen Moms" or "16 and Pregnant", I get upset to think that these teenagers had no problem "accidentally" concieving their beautiful children, while there are people out there who waited until they were ready to have children and now can't on their own! It gets to DH and I from time to time. I guess thats just life, and we have to just roll with it. Easier said than done! Keeping my fingers crossed that DH's sperm is "normal"!

November 5, 2010- We heard back from the nurse yesterday that DH's sperm is "perfectly normal"! DH was elated, I am sure in his mind it shows his "masculinity" is intact! LOL! Glad to hear that we have something going right for ourselves. I am sooo happy that we don't have to go straight into and IUI and can TTC on our own with Clomid! Looking forward to some Clomid BDing

November 10, 2010- I am still waiting for my period to start! I feel soooo anxious I just want to get this show on the road! The worst part is I don't feel like she is even coming, I have had no signs that AF is going to rear her ugly head! Ofcourse, when you want her to come she doesn't! It has been 6 days since I took my last progesterone pill, I was under the assumption that the pills were suppose to help with the onset of AF but I guess not with my case. Also, these pills have caused myself to break out in pimples horrendously! I feel like I am 17 again! I have pimples all over my face and even a few on my neck! What the Heck!!!! I think I would atleast be excited it there was a possibility of pregnancy but the gyno told me there was no ovulation with this cycle so that is a definate no! I feel like all I ever do is wait! I am sooo impatient it is not even funny, maybe in the long run this is helping! I hope I am right

November 11, 2010- Today my DH and I attended his grandmother's funeral. It was a very emotional day, for the both of us. I didn't know his grandmother very well, but I cried like a baby! This was the first funeral I attended since my father passed away. I think I cried more at this funeral than I did at my own fathers. I was so numb at my dad's, it took til the day after his service for everything to set in, and I think the reality of my father's death didn't fully sink in until recently. We are coming up on his 1st anniversary in Heaven and I am sooo emotional. Seeing all of DH's family and their children also got to me today, all of his siblings have children, he is they only one that doesn't. What if I can't provide my husband with a beautiful child? Why does it have to be sooo hard? Are we not suppose to have kids, is it not in our cards? As I am sure most of you know, infertility is like a rollercoaster, the beginning of the cycle you are on a "high" with hopes of this being the month! By the end of your cycle, you have blown your diet on icecream, chocolate, and tears with the BFN! Somedays you just feel like this is never gonna happen, today is one of those days!

November 17, 2010- CD 30 still no sign of AF! The only thing I have going on is tender breasts but that has been for a week now. I never thought I would want AF to rear her ugly head this bad! LOL! How ironic! So I will continue waiting and hoping that she comes soon!

November 23, 2010- Finally! AF is in town as of yesterday! I woke up yesterday and I just knew she was coming, I felt horrible with cramps and a headache! I called my doctor and spoke with her nurse who scheduled me for the HSG on December 1st at 11am. I have to be there by 10:30 for paperwork and then I will be on my merry little way! DH is taking the day off and he will be with me! I am not gonna lie, I am a little nervous about the procedure. I just hope everything is fine and I can start the Clomid with the next cycle. No BDing until the procedure is done! Poor Andrew will just have to wait! Soooo happy that we have this scheduled and AF actually came! Yay for Mother Nature! LOL!

December 6, 2010- It's been a while since I've updated with the Holiday Madness, my HSG, and my dad's 1st anniversary in heaven, I've been pretty busy! December 1st was the HSG procedure and everything went well. I took an Aleve an hour before the procedure, which I couldn't imagine going thru without it! Kinda felt like someone was sewing something into my uterus, literally! The doctor said that my cervix and uterus were "healthy and beautiful" LOL! The dye started to immediately come out of my left fallopian tube, it took awhile before it came out of the right one, which made the doctor believe there might have been a blockage, but not anymore! She also told me that a lot of time women are most fertile for the next 2 cycles after an HSG, it sorta "cleans" things out. I don't know if it'll work for me considering that my hormone levels are irregular but you never know! I feel better knowing that everything down there is ok, I have an appt. with my doctor on December 13th to discuss the Clomid! Can hardly wait!

December 12, 2010- Tomorrow I go to my gyno to discuss my HSG and starting clomid. I am getting excited but nervous at the same time. I have been trying to have a baby for over 2 yrs now and now I feel like what if it actually happens! Sounds crazy I know, but am I in the best shape to carry a baby right now? I am thinking about talking to my doctor about waiting till February or March to start the clomid, I feel like I want to lose some more weight. Medifast during the holiday season has been pretty much non-existant. I am ready to start full swing again after the new year. You cannot be pregnant and be on Medifast. I can lose between 30-40 pds between January and February on this diet I think I might just wait till my February cycle to start it's really only 2 cycles were talking, what are 2 more cycles after the past 25! I really don't want to have a baby in the warmer months, I hear the last months are miserable and in the heat it's even worse, I am hoping for a November/December baby! (In all honesty I will be blessed to have a baby grace me with their presence at any time but if I could do some planning I might as well try!) We will see what my doctor says, I know that the odds of it working on the first try are not the best but you never know!

December 13, 2010- I saw the doctor today and we discussed the clomid. For right now we are going to try to get pregnant the natural way with the assistance of clomid instead of going right into an IUI. She said if the cycles are not successful than they will up the dosages, and if we are still not successful after 3-4 cycles we will try to conceive with the help of an IUI. Once AF starts I can start the clomid between days 3-5, once I start clomid I have to call my doctor and set up an appt. for a sonogram to make sure my ovaries aren't hyperstimulated on day 11, than on day 15 I go for bloodwork to test my LH! I am thinking about holding off and waiting until my February cycle to start the clomid. It just gives me more time to lose weight just in case it happens right away! I am really getting excited but nervous at the same time! It completely baffles me how I am feeling about all of this! <SIGH> In the end, whatevers meant to be will happen!

December 28, 2010- I am on CD 37 right now, I never know when I "O" I took an OPK on Christmas Eve that looked darker than normal but not quite "O" standard. I actually had EWCM around this time and ovary pains that continued the whole weekend. Right now I am waiting for the witch to rear her ugly head. I took a HPT yesterday and ofcourse it was BFN! If she doesn't come by the 1st week in January I will test again! Keeping my fingers crossed and I am not losing hope! You never know!

January 1, 2011- CD 41, I am beginning to think I am going back to my old cycles that used to last for over 60 days! I really hope this is not the case! I took another HPT today and ofcourse it was a BFN! If I "O" it would have been later in my cycle so I don't think it would be time to test anyway, but I still don't think I am actually pregnant I feel no different what-so-ever! The only thing different is I have been having frequent headaches but I believe it's because of all the sweets I have been eating due to the Holidays! LOL! Just waiting for the witch to rear her ugly head so I can start a new cycle and actually chart this one!

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

January 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so happy that you started a journal over here
its busier over here then on the regular ttc board(4 now)
I hope you get your bfp soon!!!
January 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
The journals are very busy over here, not many on the other board I had mine on! Thanks! I hope we all get a BFP with a sticky bean this year!

January 18th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad that your af finally started. I hope it stays on track for ya
& that you get your soon.
January 22nd, 2011, 09:52 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
so happy that you started a journal.....that way we can follow you and you can put down all your feelings and thoughts!!! Sending you tons of I really hope that you don't go back to your old cycles!!

January 28th, 2011, 09:02 AM
January 28, 2011- Really havenít been paying attention to my TTC Journal lately so I thought I would update. AF decided to rear her ugly head on CD 56 and she stayed around for 7-8 days. DH and I have been taking a TTC mini break before we start the clomid. We are basically NTNP. It has been much needed, I am actually enjoying sex to itís fullest again! I forgot how that felt after 2 years of TTC! It felt like the beginning and I really needed that! I have been putting all of my attention to losing weight! I started Medifast on Jan. 3rd and as of today I have lost 27pds! My first mini goal is to lose 30 pds in a month and I think I am going to make it!!!! Sooo excited and proud of myself! Atleast something is going right! LOL! Thatís pretty much it lately, I am going to start the clomid with my March cycle since I donít think I am going to have a Feb. one, it seems my cycles are going back to what they used to be! Oh well! What can you do right?

Thanks Ladies for the kind words! I really hope this will be the year for us all!

January 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hi Meg, I am sorry I haven't introduced myself yet (we're in the middle of a move). I am Christy (28) and DH and I are on our 6th cycle TTC. I look forward to reading your journal and getting to know you! I hope you get your bfp sooN!!!
February 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks Christy! Looking forward to getting to know you too! I hope we both get a sticky bean this year! Good Luck!

February 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
I started spotting on Saturday which lasted until this afternoon and now the is in full swing! I called my doctors office and they have me scheduled for a sonogram on day 11 March 4th @ 8:30am and bloodwork on day 15 March 8th!!!!! YAY! Even if we don't get pregnant on the first try I will just be happy if they get me to ovulate!!!!!! I start the pills this Saturday! I am beyond excited! I feel like we are just starting TTC!!! Taking our mini TTC break was beyond wonderful! I feel refreshed and ready to take on TTC with medical assistance! It's like we rewound the hands of time and are back to cycle 1!!!!! Lets see how long this lasts! LOL!

March 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM
I am on CD 8 and Day 4 on clomid. I started having slight ovary pain on my left side tonight. Nothing too intense just slightly uncomfortable. This Friday I go for a sonogram on CD 11 and then on CD 15 I go for bloodwork. Hoping all turns out well and they get me to ovulate!!!!

March 10th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I am on CD 17 right now and I have had no clear positive OPK and as of yesterday my OPK's are non-existent. I think this cycle is a bust but I don't want to give up just yet! I went for the CD 11 sonogram and they found a 23mm follicle on my left ovary and a few too small to measure ones on my right ovary. On CD 15 I had BW done and I got the results back from that yesterday. My LH is within normal range, but towards the lower end. I don't know what to think about that, the nurse said that I am still in the follicular stage and should be ovulating soon, my OPK's are saying differently. I am still testing with my OPK's twice a day and will continue to do so until CD 22 just to be sure. I called my doctor's office and asked if my doctor could write a script for CD 21 BW. It would just make me feel better to have it! I hope my gut feeling is wrong and everthing will turn out fine!

March 16th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Sooo I got my results from the progesterone test, and my levels were a 1.6!!! VERY BAD! Just as I thought I did not ovulate! The doctor feels since I am doing so well with my weight loss I should wait another 3 months before I re-start the clomid for a better chance. DH and I talked about it and we are taking her advice. I am going to completely focus on my weightloss and put TTC on the backburner until July!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search