Megann's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I hope that everything goes well and you can get back to DTD soon!!! I really hope that you can get to see those 2 pretty pink lines sooner than later!!

January 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Veteran
Thanks for the info Elle, I have been thinking about ordering a bbt online but the thermometer I have seemed to be working but maybe I will look into it again. I can't wait until Friday for DH's appointment, I hate feeling like I am always waiting. I posted on the main board about my obsessive POAS, even though it makes no sense I took one today which of course was bfn. I will wait a few days to test again, I only have 2 more tests and I don't want to be tempted to go buy more tests. My DH and I came up with an "official" plan for TTC for this next year. After he gets the surgery we will wait at least 3 months and have a SA done. Then we will try naturally for 1 year from his surgery date. This will hopefully give his swimmers some time to improve on their own and it will give us some time to save money for treatments if we need them. If we are still not pregnant at the year mark we are going to start treatmets with a RE. I will go to someone recommended by a friend at work. I really hope it doesn't get to that point but it feels better to plan something rather than just wait around feeling hopeless. I will be 29 at that point, I really want a baby before I am 30 . . .
Megann & Greg married 7/18/09, expecting baby #1 April 14th, 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 17th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Veteran
DH and I watched the pixar movie UP last night. I highly recommend it and I don't want to ruin it for anyone but I just had to share this. The beginning of the movie shows the life of this guy and girl who have loved each other since they were kids, it shows them getting married, then thinking about having kids and decorating a nursery. Then it flashes to them sitting in a doctors' office and her crying, being told that they can't have children. It then shows them growing old together without children but loving each other so much. It was SO touching and emotional. I cried so hard and DH even had tears in his eyes, over a pixar movie. DH asked me "do you think that we could ever be that happy if we really couldn't have kids because I want you to know that I will always be that happy just being with you." I said yes and thought it was very sweet but I also said that I would seriously always feel a void and I NEED to have children in my life, and I beleive that someday we will become parents.

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 19th, 2011, 08:50 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hi Megann, that was a beautiful temp jump you had this morning! Maybe this will be your month!

My DH and I went to see Up when it was at the movies & we loved it, too. It was a cute movie. That was so sweet of your DH to say that to you. He sounds like a great guy!! Your plan for TTC sounds like an excellent plan.
January 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Up was an awesome movie!!!! Love your temps. hope you get a nice
bfp.
January 20th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a little emotional watching that movie too ...... it really hits home for many of us struggling. Your plan of TTC that you talked about sounds really reasonable & good !!! You never know, you may get a little surprise before all of that which would be fabulous

January 22nd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Veteran
I think that this cycle will be over soon. I have been feeling crampy the past few days and my temp went down this morning. DH has his surgery scheduled for the end of March. I would be excited but the doctor he went to said that she was going to do the more invasive sirgery rather than the embolization which is a quick and easy recovery compared to the surgery and from everything I have been reading seems to be the treatment of choice nowadays. Plus, this lady is pretty young, she's is her 30's and I don't know how much experience she has. DH never asks any questions when he goes to the doctor. We had talked about it all before the app. and he always just says well, they know what they are doing. Ahhhh! It's so frustrating! I would never just let someone operate on me without asking some important questions. I don't know if we should get another opinion or what. I really weant what is best for DH and if he can have the minimally invasive procedure instead and lessen the risk of complications I would really prefer that ya know?

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
So sorry you feel like your out!!! I know that you aren't out untill the ugly witch shows her ugly face and I really hope that doesn't happen!!!! I agree I would be asking a ton of questions for a surgery. I would do whatever I needed to, to feel like it was the best thing for DH and you!!! If you don't feel comfortable then get a 2nd opinion....can it really hurt??? I hope that whatever you decide with DH that you both can feel comfortable with it!!!

January 24th, 2011, 07:45 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Ugh Megann, I'm sorry the showed. She is sooo not welcome but never gets the hint!

Can you go with your DH next time he goes to the dr? I would want my questions answered, too! Once the dr hears your concerns and what you want - maybe the less invasive option will be best. Either way, I hope everything goes well!

Good luck this cycle - are you doing anything differently?
January 25th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry the witch showed Megan.
Men are funny when it comes to doctors.. they don't like going and they don't get very involved with their own healthcare, at least from what I have seen. And about your doctor.. well yes older ones tend to have more experience but younger ones might be more up to date on the latest research and protocol so it cuts both ways. If you want to, go ahead and get a second opinion, after all it's a pretty important thing you're dealing with here. Good luck!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Veteran
I got DH to email his urologist to ask her about the emolization procedure and she got back to him saying the the radiologist that does them has not been impressed with the results, I guess the reccurence rate is higher than it is for the surgery. So I guess we are still on for the end of March. I am SO hoping that by summer we are pregnant. I made a phone consultation appointment with a fertility clinic. I don't want to go until probably next spring but I just wanted to ask them some questions and see where they would want us to start.

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 26th, 2011, 08:31 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really hope that by summer you are pregnant too!! When is your phone consultation scheduled??

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

January 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Veteran
I called a fertility clinic that a friend at work goes to and they said for the initial consult, just to talk to the doctor was going to be around $300!!! Is that the normal cost for an initial consult?? I cannot imagine what a whole fertility workup would be! I will still do the free phone consult with the other place next week. It sucks so bad that my insurance doesn't cover anything related to infertility, we just cannot afford much right now after just buying a house. At least my DH's surgery is covered. I spent a few hours yesterday really doing research on varicocles. I found a lot of success stories after surgery and some really encouraging studies. I am just going to hold onto hope that the surgery will work for us. I am also going to try to stop being SO obsessed with TTC and work on my fitness and health. I have always worked out and eaten ok but I really want my body to be in tip top shape to optimize our chances of success. I need to eat more veggies, that means I need to cook more. That will be my new year's resolution. I still cannot wait until ovulation time! It is my favorite time of my cycle, I love seeing those 2 pink lines on OPKs.

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 8th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Veteran
I had my phone consult today, it went pretty well, the doctor was really nice. She told me that we really need to get a SA done to see if it is DH's problem. I scheduled that for Friday. I am so nervous to find out the results! I am hoping it is better than I am imagining. it is almost O time, my guess is tonight.

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you like the doctor.
I can't really say how much it would cost since where I am it's covered by public health insurance. Good luck for your DH's SA! Mine had one too and I was so worried, but for no reason because it turned out fine. I hope your DH's does too!

If you think you're gonna go, get to BDing!! I see you have a lot of fertile CM right now!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 1st, 2011, 10:09 PM
Veteran
I haven't been on jm for a while. I had to emotionally process a few things that have been going on. First of all, my DH had his SA. His results were: count 26 mil/ml, motility 60%, and morphology 9%. the MA at the RE's office said that the morphology was a little low but the doctor wasn't too worried about it. My DH has surgery in 3 weeks for his varicocele, we are still going through with it because we really have hope that it will improve things even though his SA was better than I thought it would be. I have had him on a ton of supplements for a few months too so hopefully that helps. Now that we have his results though, I can't help but wonder if there isnt something going on with me. The other thing that happened was that I was a day or so late for AF about a week ago. I had been taking tests since about 11 dpo but they were bfn so I stopped on 13dpo. Well, last week on Wednesday I worked and it started snowing and I had to work the next day and since I work 12 hour shifts and live almost an hour away I stayed in a hotel near the hospital. I was at the hotel and just thinking by myself and wondering why I hadn't started my period and I just had to go to walgreens and buy some tests. So I took a test that night and it showed up BFP right away! It was very faint but it was there, I couldn't believe it, this was our 13th month. I kept it it to myself cause I didn't really believe it and took another one the next morning before work. ANOTHER BFP, it showed up right away but still very light. By this point I was definitely late for AF too. I just had a bad feeling about it though, later that day around 4, I started spotting and by 10pm AF was definately there. I knew it was going to come for some reason and I just felt kinda numb. I actually thought that maybe the tests were faulty. TMI but I did pass something weird that night though, I don't know how to describe it but I guess it was like tissue, gross, I know. Then the next night I had like this huge gush of blood with clots and I have never ever ever experienced AF like that. So I came to the conclusion that I had a chemical pregnancy. It's just so weird, I don't know how to feel. I have waited so long for a positive pregnancy test and I wasn't even excited when saw the two lines, it's like I just knew it wasn't going to happen. We are going to try even harder now, I am SO determined to make this happen, I just want a baby so bad. Sorry this is such a sad, long post, I am just feeling so weird lately. I feel like if I told anyone they wouldn't believe me.

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 5th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm really sorry Megann This happens all too often. I know that doesn't make you feel better but know you're not alone. I hope the next one is a sticky one!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Veteran
Wow, I can't believe it, I really can't. I got a BFP yesterday morning and again this morning!! It was obvious this month, not like last month when I thought I got a 2nd line but it was super faint. I wasn't really focusing on TTC this month because we were on vacation for 2 weeks and my DH had his varicocele repair last week. We did try earlier this month based only on my CM, I didn't do any OPKs, my temps did show that I ovulated pretty late though, on like CD 18. Anyway, DH had his surgery on Tues and we were so nervous before, I didn't want him to have to go through that. I took a test that morning but it was BFN. So yesterday when I came home from work I took another test and showed him. He was excited but he is in a lot of pain and was like really? I can't beleive it happened this month. This was just SO unexpected. I am so so grateful though. I probably won't be telling anyone besides my mom and sister for quite a while. Here are my tests!

Make a pregnancy ticker

March 26th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!!!!!!!
March 27th, 2011, 02:07 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Congratulations! I hope the BFP storm keeps up around here!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!