Megann's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Veteran
Hi everyone,
I am new on this site but I have been using JM as a resource for TTC for a while now. I have just been feeling like I need some support in this area lately and thought that starting a journal would help me feel less alone and isolated in this process. My name is Megann (27) and my DH is Greg (26) we got married in July of 2009 and I wanted a baby soon after. My DH was scared but he was ok with me stopping BCP and just NTNP for a while. My doctor said I should stop BCP for 6 months before TTC anyway so I was ok with that. By January of last year I was really wanting to be pregnant and talked to DH about it a lot. Some months he was ok with it and we would try and some he freaked out and we wouldn't. . .it was so hard on me emotionally! During this time I was also trying to figure out what my body was doing since I had been on BCP for so long. I was having monthly periods but they were a little irregular so I was never sure what day I ovulated. In June we bought our first house and then my DH got a little more comfortable with really TTC so I got a little more excited but I was also kinda wondering why it hadn't "just happened" yet since it had been six months of mostly NTNP. I realized that even though I was having monthly periods they were super short and very light and I was concened that maybe my hormones were off or something. I went to my doctor and she said that maybe it was ok or maybe it signaled a problem but they don't do anything for people our age until we had been trying for a year. I did ask her if she thought acupuncture would help because I had been doing some research about it and she said I should definately try it and then come back in January if I was not pregnant yet. So in July I started acupuncture and it was amazing! I loved it so much and after a few months I noticed that my periods were more normal looking (heavier with no more brown blood) and my cycles completely regulated to 28 days. I was amazed. I started using opks and paying attention to my CM and taking my temp and everything looked really normal. My DH and I timed sex perfectly every month since then and nothing yet. I am SOOO ready for a baby, I have watched all my good friends get pregnant and give birth at least once and it seems that everyone at work is pregnant too. On top of that I am an nurse in a NICU so I am surrounded by newborns everyday at work. It is getting so hard. . . The most recent problem that has come up is that I felt a soft lump in DH's scrotum sorry. After some internet research I thought it was a varicocele cause it was on his left side. I made him go to the doctor and she thought it was a hernia! We both thought no way, cause he had one before and that is not what it had felt like. So he went to a surgeon and he said it was definately a varicocele and DH just had an ultrasound a few days ago and we are waiting for someone to call us with the results so that we can move forward. I have read a lot about varicoceles and they can definately cause male infertlity especially if they are big. So I don't know, I guess maybe that was our problem all along. We have not had DH do a SA, our insurance does not cover any kind of service that has anything to do with infertility so we are hoping that they cover this surgery and then we can just keep trying in the meantime and after the surgery and hope for the best. Sorry this is so long I just wanted to let you guys know my story and hopefully I will have good news in the next few months.
January 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar praying 4 just 1 more
Hello Megann I am Nayomi. I read all that you wrote. There is a sight that a lot of girls use called fertilityfriend.com and its up to you...there is temping,opk all that. No matter what I hope you get your bfp really really soon. Nice to meet you.
January 9th, 2011, 06:08 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hi Megann, welcome to journaling! I'm Christy (28) and DH (also 28) and I are on our 5th cycle ttc. I enjoyed reading your story but I am sorry you're going through all of this. I think you'll find this site, especially ttc#1, very supportive and encouraging. The girls here are awesome! I also work in a NICU (although I am a resp therapist) so I'm surrounded by babies all the time too! I hope your DH's SA and u/s come back normal and your stay here is short and sweet!
January 9th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Megann, sounds like you've been through a lot already, with my DH we did the on again/off again NTNP/TTC for a few months (basically from May 2009 to August 2009) so I know how tough that is to have him keep changing his mind.

I hope that he can be operated and that it will help fix the problem, how much would an SA cost anyway? Honestly it might be worth getting it just to know what's going on.

January 9th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Veteran
Thanks for the welcome guys! Nayomi, thanks for the info, I have heard about fertility friend, I will check it out soon. Christy, that is crazy that you work in a NICU too! I love being around babies all the time but it makes me long for one even more ya know? Lex, I am sooo glad that I feel like I can finally talk to DH about anything now without feeling like I am going to scare him About the SA, I have been thinking about it a lot, if it's worth doing now or if we should wait until after surgery. I think we will see how soon they can schedule the surgery and if it's soon we will just wait but if it will be a few months from now I think we will do it.
So 2 cycles ago I was REALLY having a hard time because it seemed like every day I was hearing about someone I knew getting pregnant. An aquaintance from high school got pregnant with twins after just a couple months of trying after BC. I kinda freaked out and got really depressed and felt like I had to do something. I had been reading about taking soy and thought that even though I ovulated really regularly on my own it might up our chances somehow. So the first month I took 80mg CD 3-7 and didn't see any difference, then last month I took 120mg CD 3-7 and ovulated on CD 13. My cycle ended up being only 27 days last month. This cycle I didn't take it and now I am on CD 18 and have not had a temp shift yet! I had 3 opks and took them CD 13-15 and they were negative and I haven't gotten anymore. I should go get one today because the last few days I have been having EWCM and DH and I have BD every other day. I keep waiting for a temp shift. I am kinda bummed cause I feel like I messed with my hormones, before the soy my cycles were SO predictable. Has this happened to any of you guys? I will check out FF soon.
January 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd stop the soy next cycle then. I've heard of taking it but it doesn't work for everyone. I'd keep doing what you were doing before, it sounds like the acupuncture and everything else you were doing were working fine and you had pretty normal cycles. Honestly my guess is that IF there is a problem (and it's not just taking awhile because it does that sometimes for no real reason) it's more likely with your DH and not with you.
I hope it goes well for him, that must be really scary!

January 10th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Megann! I'm Jen & I can also understand what's it's like to have a DH that doesn't always seem as in tune to the whole TTC process! I've been off the pill since may 08 & have used fertility friend to help understand my cycles which has been great (except even on paper when things look great, it's still gotton me nowhere). I hope you get the scan results back on your dh & can figure a gameplan from there.its good you've had it checked out, hopefully that's all you need before moving on to getting your bfp! Have you had any preliminary tests done? After a year, my ob doc did check a few, and that's when I found my progesterone was low. It may not be a bad idea just to have that done. Oh...my insurance (even though I also work @ the hospital) doesn't cover a thing either. My dh's SA was $100. Hope you have a good day !!
January 10th, 2011, 09:49 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Megann! Thank you for sharing your story with us, and I look forward to following your journey. I have my fingers crossed that you get good news from this last appointment with your DH. I've also heard that this has been associated with male infertility, and often times the surgery can help! Your doctor, as part of this process, will probably end up doing an s/a before the surgery and then one a few months after to compare, honestly. At least that is what I recall happening with other ladies on JM.

Keep us posted, and feel free to also jump into posts on the main board! We're glad to have you!

Thank you Mrs.Black2006 for this cute siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

January 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hi megann!!! so glad to see youve started a journal the ladies here are all so wonderfull and will listen to every frustration, answer every question, and cheer you on through everything
i can't imagine how hard it must be not knowing whats going on with DH's situation....hopefully you get some good news back soon!!!
January 10th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Megann and welcome.
Thanks for dropping by my journal and saying hi

I'm sorry you've been through so much. I hope DH's surgery works and that his SA comes back great.
If your cycles are regular and you ovulate regularly I wouldn't be messing with soy. They do a number on your hormones, and if the problem isn't on your end they can do more harm than good.
I hope you get your BFP and won't be here much longer!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 10th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Hi Megann-- congrats on starting a journal! You will love it here-- even thought I sincerely hope your stay is short and sweet. I would have lost my mind without JM and the friendships I have made with the wonderful ladies on here mean the world to me. In fact-- I keep a journal even though I am on a TTC break.

I did acupuncture for a year and it really is amazing how it can regulate the menstral flow. I will be interviewing new ones soon-- I am currently on my 3rd

I hope Jackie is right and the Dr does a SA before and after. Hopefully they can fix the problem (if there is one) and you will have your BFP in no time!!
January 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Veteran
I signed up on FF and attached my chart to my profile so hopefully it will work. I am trying to figure out all the technical stuff on this site, it doesn't come easily for me. I was feeling that unmistakable O pain in my left lower abdomen yesterday evening so I went to the dollar store and got some opks and took one and it was positive! I haven't O'd this late in a very long time! You guys are right, I will not be messing with soy anymore. DH and I went to bed really late last night so we didn't DTD but we have been every other day for about a week now and my temp rose a bit this morning so I am thinking I O'd last night. So I guess I am in the TWW now and hopefully we have a chance this month. Around O time I always have so much hope for us and then the TWW is so hard for me and by the end of my cycle I am so sad and discouraged. I need to find a way to keep distracted during the TWW. Jeni- thanks for the info about the SA, one girl I talked to said that they paid like $250 and right now that is a lot for us right after Christmas, we just need to research it more I think. We are still waiting for them to call about the ultrasound results. I hate waiting! On a positive note, we had some friends over for dinner last night and they just got engaged and aren't thinking about kids yet. It is so nice to hang out with people without kids sometimes. I love my good friends from high school so much but it is hard to just hang out with them sometimes cause they all have at least one child and some of them are trying for more. I am the only one that has had any issues getting pregnant and as much as I like talking to them about TTC, their advice to me is usually to relax and it will probably just happen. My DH is in a band and the friend we had over with his fiance was his bandmate. There are 2 other guys that have girlfriends as well and don't have any kids and I think I am going to try to hang out with all of them more.
Megann & Greg married 7/18/09, expecting baby #1 April 14th, 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Not sure if that chart is working-- when I click on it-- it links me to my chart. You can go to tickers and customize your ticker and then it will give you the code. You can go to the top of JM and add the code.

I hope that helps!

for the 2WW

Oh and I totally know what you mean about hanging out with friends that are child free and not TTC!
January 12th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Veteran
So DH finally got the results for the ultrasound and it shows that he has a varicocele like we already knew. His doctor said that urologists deal with those so he is going to call tomorrow morning and make an appointment. I am REALLY hoping that he can get in sooner rather than later. I think I will try to go to the appointment with him and we will ask about a SA then. Maybe we will get lucky before then though, who knows.

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 12th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
your chart seems to be working fine for me now .....and you have such nice steady temps! wow! im not sure if it makes TTC easier or not, but atleast it makes reading your chart nice and simple

and it definately sounds like that would be a wonderfull group of people to surround yorurself with while TTC! i find i get increasingly frustrated with every extra preggo person, or ppl with kids, that i have to be around!

and GL to DH!!! i hope he gets an appointment soon!!!!
January 12th, 2011, 10:46 PM
missa3428's Avatar TTC#1 I want 2 b a MOMMY
Hello Megan, I am Melissa (23) married to Kris (25).

Thank you for stopping by my Journal!

I hope that your dh will get in for surgery sooner then later for you as well!! I am liking your chart! It is very consecutive.

You will the love the ladies here! They are very sweet! I hope you get your soon! Good Luck!
January 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Veteran
Yeah my temps are very stable, which is weird cause I definitely don't take them at the same time every morning. I get up at 5 three days a week when I work and then when I don't work I wake up at 9 or 10 usually. Anyway, my DH has a urology appointment in 1 week!. I thought it would take SO much longer to get an appointment so I am super excited about that. I just hope that surgery can be scheduled soon. I can't wait for the day that I POAS and see two pink lines. I can't even imagine it, but it will be the most exciting day of my life! I really hope that DH's varicocele is our only problem and that it can be fixed. I feel so bad for my DH, he gets so upset sometimes that this is happening and that it is his fault that he can't give me the baby I want so badly. I love him so much and never wanted him to feel this way. I really hope this works

Make a pregnancy ticker

January 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really hope that DH's appt goes well Megann!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

January 15th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is FANTASTIC he was able to get an appt. so soon !! You now are just that much closer to getting to see those 2 lines !!! I completely agree I think the day that I/We see 2 lines will be the best day ever !!!!!!!! Have a great w/e !
January 16th, 2011, 01:19 PM
elle8's Avatar Super Mommy
HI Megann! Welcome to JM! I really hope you like it here. I am pretty new here too. I think I joined in Oct and everyone has been great, especially over here at TTC#1. So full of info!

My temps were really steady at first too and then I bought an actual BBT. Are you just using a regular thermometer? You don't have to get a BBT one but the difference is that a BBT will measure to 1/100th. Well most of them do. Once I got a BBT I felt I got a clearer picture of my actual temps and they started to fluctuate a bit. Not much but instead of being 97.4 for 3 days it would be 97.42, 97.39, and 97.41. Just thought I would mention it!

I also read that you were worried about the high cost of the SA. We just had one done and paid $140. I bet if you call around you may be able to find a place that would do it cheaper?

Good luck with your DH's appointment next week! I hope he gets in soon and you two can get back to DTD soon.

Thanks ~Nicole~ for my perfect siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search