IndyMommyWannabe / Keri-Ann's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2011, 06:03 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
and i'm done with the first coat in the kitchen!!!
whew am i freakin' TIRED! hopefully we can do both the second coat in the basement and in the kitchen!

Can't tell a HUGE difference, since we painted the wall grey...but here's the before/after...

And - just because my baby girl is so darn cute!... Here's my baby girl cuddlin' with me while i'm on JM!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
September 17th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Cute kitty!

September 19th, 2011, 09:33 PM
ugh. so i ate absolute CRAP today! seriously i feel like $#!+

so here's the deal. a few years ago, I went low-carb. I LOVED low-carb and truly 100% believe it is absolutely the healthiest way to eat. So why have I not been eating low-carb lately? well, ASIDES from my kitchen being ripped apart...ok, so I really haven't eaten low-carb in MONTHS...it's hard. it is so freakin' hard I can't even begin to tell you how hard it is to maintin the low-carb lifestyle.

I really do love low-carb and absolutely - again, KNOW how healthy it truly is. BUT. I work your basic monday-friday desk/computer job 8:30 - 5 with about a half hour to an hour (average 45 minutes) commute there and back every day (depending on traffic).

Also, the one thing I do not like about low-carb is that it's NOT "convenient"...meaning that in order to really do low-carb (at least the way I do it), you REALLY have to plan out your meals and PREPARE PREPARE PREPARE.

Plus - for lunch, for example, I really need "convenience" "grab and go" stuff like lean cuisines...which of course, carb-wise are AWFUL - since 90% of them are made with pasta of some sort...which is actually no big deal of me staying away from the ones with pasta as - when it comes to the three biggin's Potatoes, Bread, Pasta - I honestly couldn't care less about pasta. My problem is Bread and Potatoes. Bread is one huge thing for me - because I like sandwiches. Now, when I was truly low-carb I also made my own bread with ingredients like almond and coconut flour - and I LIKED those - but, again, it's not convenient because I'd have to plan ahead to make those to make sure I had them on hand.

I WAS down to my all-time low of 160 (I'm 5'7 and a half) and now I'm back up to 195 UGH!

So - the question you may be asking is - WHY am I posting about this in my TTC journal?...well I also blame TTC on why I've quit eating healthily. When we first started truly TTC, right after our wedding last year, I kept thinking (yes, I know this is bad) - but I kept thinking "well, I'll be pregnant soon, so it won't matter!" which, yes, I know is BULL$#!+ lol.

I also had a problem, when I was REALLY into low-carb was also being SO hung-up on organic meats - not eating any type of meats that had nitrates/nitrites, bha, etc...which, no you really shouldn't eat...BUT - in order to really eat THAT organic, it IS expensive and, again, the prep work it takes...and honestly - I HATE COOKING! (which is funny because I'm also a Pampered Chef Consultant! lol)

So - I think - starting tomorrow morning, I'm going to stop eating bread (this'll be hard) and potatoes again. At least start there.

Plus - maybe this'll help the TTC move along too!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
September 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
So it's CD19 and NO symptoms what.so.ever.

Although in OTHER news (sorta...) I was talking to DH last night about him being on the clomid and he said he thinks it IS helping...especially during the BD...he says he's really noticed a difference (TMI?) so I'm hoping that's a good thing.

I keep pushing him to get another SA done, though, and he knows he needs to...he just doesn't want to have to do it at the doc's office - so I'm going to convince him to ask them if he can do one at home.

Other than that, it's SSDD here...although REALLY good news is that we FINALLY have our kitchen back! Honestly, while eating out is nice...it gets SO old! And I really do not "like" cooking...but I have missed it! haha.

IVF=ONLY option

September 23rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
ok, so i just SERIOUSLY need to vent tonight...totally off topic of TTC...

So DH worked until like 8 p.m. today, k? Well, the other day I had decided to take today off so I could work on cleaning up the basement (which seriously looked like a tornado had hit it...) So from the time I got up and started moving - like 9:30 this morning - until the time I left to meet him for dinner at 7:30 - I was seriously CLEANING THE HE!! out of the house! I can not even begin to describe what I had to do to the basement and how A-MAZING it looks now...(it's not finished, but we have a futon frame - we need a new futon mattress - and a 50 inch tv and entertainment area and my exercise equipment, and a pool table...you get the idea)...AND I scrubbed the kitchen - spotless - AND on top of all of that, I got the laundry done INCLUDING the bed linens. Like seriously my body hurts SO FREAKIN' MUCH right now for all the work today...

So we get home from dinner and I'm SO excited to show him and all I get is a "looks good, thumbs up" sorta like I feel as if he just sort of "eh, whatever"...AFTER he of course (which he's notorious for doing) goes and looks with a freakin' fine tooth comb at things, seriously, sometimes I believe HE'S the one with the OCD, not me!)...

ugh!!!!

thing is - HE'S the freakin' clean-freak in the house that (and this has been really the ONLY thing we've EVER fought about) - he expects things to be spic and span ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME. which - don't get me wrong, i'm not a slob by any means, but I am a clutterer - which he's also NOT...so I've had to learn to deal and change some of the things I do (such as I am NOT one to put my dish in the dishwasher the second I'm done with it. he is. always has been. sorry, but that's what the sink is for! haha). But I do try to keep the house clean...

course i've gotten into arguments with him before because - in the past - I've felt like he wants to be married to June Cleaver - which I am not in ANY WAY shape or form! I work 40+ hours at a very high-stress job. Sorry I can't have dinner ready and the house spotless for you every night when YOU get home before I do!

Now, things have gotten better, as again - this is the only thing we've ever fought about in the past...but ****it - i was freakin' PROUD of this house today and all I get is a "yeah it looks good".

REALLY? is it too much to ask for "wow, you've REALLY outdone yourself, the house looks AMAZING!" that's ALL I wanted!

AND - earlier when I told him "so your cousin posted on fb they are having a boy" his answer was "eh. whatever".

gee thanks mister "i have no idea what the word sympathy means".

ugh. sorry. just a little p###y tonight.

IVF=ONLY option

September 23rd, 2011, 08:27 PM

Sorry it was a stinker of a day, sweetie.

Glad you were able to vent, and I hope your DH comes around tomorrow.

September 23rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post

Sorry it was a stinker of a day, sweetie.

Glad you were able to vent, and I hope your DH comes around tomorrow.
thanks.

he said he was sorry - but it's just so annoying sometimes! like seriously, the basement was SO bad you could barely walk around down there (and it's where our laundry is too)...and now? it's literally a brand new space compared to what it was before...

i do love him to death - and most of the time he is great! but ****it he can be such an @ss sometimes!

IVF=ONLY option

September 23rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
I think all men have that streak. They're so used to being taken care of that they take it for granted. I'm sure he was happy with all the work you did, but was just clueless in showing his appreciation.

If the roles are reversed, though, you can bet they want to get accolades from us. They really are simple creatures, and we are the superior sex.

September 24th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
I think all men have that streak. They're so used to being taken care of that they take it for granted. I'm sure he was happy with all the work you did, but was just clueless in showing his appreciation.

If the roles are reversed, though, you can bet they want to get accolades from us. They really are simple creatures, and we are the superior sex.
oh believe me, I KNOW this couldn't BE more true!!! haha. ONe thing I've always known is how much stronger women truly are. but men are just absolute @#$@#!$#@! some times! haha.

I constantly joke around with my mom and my girlfriends that - "I believe I missed that day in school when..." 1."We were taught that it was OK for him to be mad at you but YOU are NOT allowed to be mad at him! and 2."It's ok for him to act like a 5 year old child and throw a tantrum, but when you do it, YOU are the one acting like a child and how DARE you!

Yeah...I totally skipped those days in school when they pulled you aside and let you know...

IVF=ONLY option

September 24th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! You've gotten a lot done! I've been a bit MIA due to all the packing/sorting/etc. preparing for this move.

I can kinda relate to some of your DH's idiosyncrasies, because I have some of them too. I don't mind so much if he leaves a plate or whatever in the sink, my issue is that he will leave a plate in the sink with a giant smear or puddle of ketchup or mustard or whatever on it. It winds up drying onto the plate like lacquer and it's a ***** to get off. I don't know how many times over the last almost 12 years that I've asked him to take 2 seconds to run hot water on the plate.

Men. Can't live with 'em... can't kill 'em.

September 24th, 2011, 02:33 PM
ain't that the truth! lol.

i dunno - i guess i just wish he was more excited about the basement, like I am. This house is already small enough (we live in a small 860 - 2 bedroom 1 bath home with an 800 square foot basement...

we don't have heat in the basement, so it is freezing down there in the basement...but it's such a beautiful space and needs to be used as part of this house - not just as storage.

course his "baby" is our yard! lol - he's actually out there today spreadin' out the dirt he got (compost and dirt) so he can plant grass seed - just hope that next year we don't have a drought like we did last year and this year!

but sigh...

IVF=ONLY option

September 25th, 2011, 03:01 PM
CD22

SYMPTOMS - none what.so.ever.

ahhhh rainy sunday afternoon...3 days of cleaning! So, like I said in my earlier post, I took friday off so that I could clean the basement and take the rest of the weekend to work on boxing stuff up for the craft fair / yard sale at my mom's church in October...

I've just come to the realization that there is WAY too much "stuff" in this house that isn't used and 9/10ths of the "stuff" is mine.

So LUCKILY my mom's church is doing a craft/vendor fair and yard sale in October...and I'm really going up there more to be part of the vendor fair (I sell pampered chef on the side)...but I feel really good about a lot of the stuff I'm purging from this house.

PLUS - if a miracle ever happens...we do only have 2 bedrooms...so obviously the guest room will need to become a nursery...

I bought a carpet remnant today for the basement - in the area where we have the TV/DVD player/Wii/X-Box 2...now all we need to get is a futon mattress to replace the one our dog destroyed last year (she's gotten much better and I want to believe she won't do it again...)

But anyways...it's been a crappy rainy sunday...but yesterday and today (along with going through and boxing stuff up) - I started watching the first season of True Blood. DH and I LOVE True Blood but only started watching halfway through the second season and haven't missed an episode since!)

so...anyways...it is CD 22 and 10 DPO. and - just like last month and the past 18...absolutely NO symptoms whatsoever. I know I'm not out of the woods yet...but we DID only BD once around my O day (the night I got the positive on the O Day

it just gets so old...like I almost feel like I don't belong here (just because I almost feel like we are "broken" - god I hope my husband never finds out I said that...) - I swear sometimes I just have this deep down feeling like it'll never happen - MALE INFERTILITY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just havin' a crappy day...sorry I don't mean to be a downer...it just gets so freakin' hard.

IVF=ONLY option

Last edited by IndyMommyWannabe; September 25th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.
September 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Sorry you're feeling so down. You ARE meant to be here, though, just as much as anyone else. Wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Just know you can be free to vent anytime.

September 25th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Sorry you're feeling so down. You ARE meant to be here, though, just as much as anyone else. Wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Just know you can be free to vent anytime.
I appreciate that. thanks.

I think - it's just - well I quit charting a few months ago - because I feel there's no point since everything we are going through - well it just seems like it's really going to take a miracle in order for us to get pregnant.

I KNOW my husband wants a baby as much as I do...but I really can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for him, too...

I just do not want to be childless.

Ya know...I have a friend from high school - she has made the choice that she does NOT want children. For many reasons - and I totally and completely respect her for this. She's NOT the motherly type and is doing everything she can to make sure she never becomes pregnant. I absolutely respect that she does NOT want a child because motherhood just isn't for her. But she has talked about how she actually gets annoyed by those around her who make her feel bad about NOT wanting children. I guess people in general just think they know what everyone else wants / needs in life. lol.

Sometimes I almost wish I could feel like that. Like I could feel "whole" without wanting a child. But I can't because I don't. Because I want my own family. So bad.

I really hate that my journal may sound like i'm Debbie-Downer talking about how bad I want a family...it just seems so far out of reach. And it amuses me how freakin' long I took birth control to try and NOT have a baby only to know now how hard it's going to be...

Course rainy days like this doesn't help either!! haha.

Like I said - just having a crappy day...BUT on the good side, my basement looks A-MAZING!!!!!

IVF=ONLY option

September 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Nice way to end on a positive note! And I hope tomorrow is a better day.

September 26th, 2011, 10:00 AM
New week. New day.

I really want to try and be more positive here in my journal (as no one likes a "Debbie Downer") and want to apologize if my last couple of posts seemed negative to all you wonderful ladies who take the time to stop and read/comment on my journal!

I'm on CD23 - so I'm still not out of the woods, but my stomach has been feeling a little woozy today...however I just get that way sometimes - so I'm not reading into that! haha.

So I have to post about how truly AWESOME our basement is going to be...It's almost there - but not quite...here's a picture of the one corner of our basement - which is our "entertainment area"...now ya'll have to remember, this is an un-finished basement, concrete walls, concrete floor...due to seepage and water issues this basement can never be finished...but I'm doing what I can to make it usable space!

Notice the empty futon frame...one of our dogs...well have you ever seen the movie "Marley and Me"? Yeah - sometimes I feel like we should have renamed her! haha. Our Chloe-girl...she really has gotten so much better, as far as destroying stuff goes - but last year (march maybe?) she DESTROYED the futon mattress we had down there (she was crated, but destroyed, yes DESTROYED two metal crates...) again, she really has calmed down a LOT but the first year and half was rough!

So we need to get a new futon mattress and we also plan on getting another type of seating ('nother futon? couch? not sure yet...) to sort of square off the area...but I got an AWESOME carpet remnant from one of the flooring stores around us - 9'7" x 9'6" for only $50!!!

Oh I am just SO excited as to how this is coming together!!

Plus I have my eliptical down there and I'm buying an old treadmill off a friend for $100! I miss the gym - but do NOT want to pay for one! haha. So I've been slowly trying to make my own personal gym at home...in that basement area, my Wii Fit and weight bench and eliptical are down there...now I just also ahve to find my motivation to use it, too...

Course I blame not excercising on how much of a disaster area the basement's been - but now that it's all cleaned up and organized, I have NO excuses!

IVF=ONLY option

September 26th, 2011, 10:03 AM
OMG, that looks awesome! Congrats on all the hard work!

September 26th, 2011, 10:45 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Looks amazing!! I wish our basement looked like that, but we're renting and the landlord blocked off a LARGE part of it so he could store his crap

September 27th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks guys! I'll keep posting, as we do more down there. I must say, the whole basement "renovation" is exciting me!

So it is CD24 and still no symptoms. is expected to be here by Sunday - the 2nd. I WANT to test - but I know better than to waste one.

oh well.

I do keep thinking, though, that as much as this absolutely SUCKS - maybe it'll be good because, as I've mentioned before (i think...) we ARE trying to pay off debt.

One of the biggest debts I'm paying off is a credit card that was at $12,000 and is now down to $4800!!!
I've been using a credit counselor (a good one that is accreditted by the BBB here in Indy, they helped my parents out of over $100,000 in debt!) and so I pay them $405 / month that will be paid off come March!!

I also have another card (no interest) that is at $500 that will be paid off in February (hopefully sooner). And once the one with the credit counselor is paid off, we can get a home equity line to consolidate our last two cards (which are house-stuff...we did new windows/doors and gutters)...

So I do have to say my goal is to be credit card debt free (technically...not including the Home equity line) next year. and maybe then we can start saving for IVF!

IVF=ONLY option

September 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Congrats on your debt plan! How exciting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search