TTC My First Baby Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2011, 06:32 PM
meggie2685
I know its crazy right? Cause when I had that dream and Rafael had his dream then I thought, surely that means we will get pregnant this month, because why else would we have it when we did. So I just think it'd be crazy if we did get pregnant this month!!

Junie, I've been meaning to ask you how long you were TTC before you got pregnant. This has become a Journal/personal conversation for us, so I thought I'd just ask you here! lol
October 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
May 2011 - We decided to start trying. I had wanted to for quite a while, but DH was getting used to the notion. Our anniversary was on 5/4, and he told me he was ready. We had a big month ahead of us, so I told him we should wait to start trying officially until June.

June 2011 - We were NTNP because we had a lot of stuff going on and just didn't want to stress about it.

July 2011 - Cycle #1 - We started officially TTC, but I didn't use OPKs or anything. I just kind of guessed when I was ovulating and we tried to BD pretty regularly. It was a BFN cycle.

August 2011 - Cycle #2 - I decided to use OPKs and start charting my BBT, CM, etc. I have a 30-day cycle (seriously, like clockwork), so I became incredibly discouraged at CD 22 that I was still not ovulating. I ran out of OPKs, and I just kind of assumed that maybe I was anovulatory. I was so disheartened. On CD 26, though, I had a huge BBT spike that was sustained. This was incredibly discouraging because that meant my LP was just five days long. It was a BFN cycle.

September 2011 - Cycle #3 - I kept charting, using OPKs, etc. And I decided to start taking B6 to lengthen my LP. I ovulated one day earlier, CD 24, which made me happy. I thought it was going to take several months of trying to lengthen my LP before I could even possibly conceive and stick a pregnancy.

Lo and behold, though, the third time was the charm, and I'm now 17 DPO and it seems this pregnancy is sticking for now. I still have some worries, but my short LP didn't seem to be problematic in conceiving. I have my first doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I'm going to have my first beta draw. Hopefully everything will look good. I've been taking HPTs every morning, and they are getting darker, which has definitely put my mind at ease each day.

Conception is always a miracle, but I just feel so truly blessed. I never could have imagined that I would be able to successfully conceive with a 6-day luteal phase. I'm still just amazed and so very thankful.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
meggie2685
Ah, your story gave me so much hope. I don't know if you are a spiritual person, but I believe in God and believe so much that when the time is right, it happens. No matter when you ovulate, how long your LP is, it will all work out. When my mom was younger she always wanted a large family, like 6 kids. After her and my dad got married he (though he had agreed to 6 when they were dating) informed my mom he wasn't sure he wanted kids at all. After 3 years they agreed to try for 1. I came along like 10 months later (my mom didn't take very long to conceive me) 4 years later another child came along (same thing this time, once my dad agreed to try for one more they got pregnant in like a month or two). Two years later my parents had pretty much a non existent marriage. Somehow on the one night they did BD they got pregnant even though my mom says still to this day that there shouldn't have been any way she got pregnant. It was really close to either CD1 either way, back or forward. So, you never know. When its right, it'll happen. Thats what I keep telling myself!
October 3rd, 2011, 07:59 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggie2685 View Post
So, you never know. When its right, it'll happen. Thats what I keep telling myself!
absolutely! just wanted to come back and see how you are doin'!

hopefully this is your cycle!

Not really a lot to say tonight, just comin' here to give you some !

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
October 3rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
meggie2685
Ah, thank you so much! I always love some baby dust!! Fingers crossed. Good luck to you! Maybe we can all 3 be in the June DDC!!
October 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
meggie2685
So, yesterday I got another positive on my OPK (i only had one left and it felt like I was leaving something unfinished, so I had to use it!) It too was positive. Someone said you ovulate 24-36 hours after your first positive, so I'm hoping I ovulated yesterday. DH and I didn't BD yesterday. DH works evenings and doesn't get home till quarter to midnight and I am awake at six am. I've been trying to stay awake, and we had BD every day before the positive for about a week, so hopefully the fact that we didn't last night won't make a difference. If its supposed to happen, it'll happen.
October 6th, 2011, 05:39 PM
meggie2685
So my husband is from brazil and speaks portuguese. When I give him the card when I announce we are pregnant I decided to write something in Portuguese (with the help of google translate!)
Here it is (so that I can copy and paste and have it saved in here for when that day finally comes!)
Estou tão animado para ser mãe e para você ser um pai. Eu te amo tanto e eu não posso esperar para olhar para os olhos do nosso bebê. Obrigado por estar sempre lá para mim e por ser tão favorável. Nosso bebê é muita sorte de ter você por um pai. Eu vou te amar sempre e para sempre ....

I am not sure how great google translate is, but I'm sure its good enough that DH will get the drift of what I'm trying to say!
October 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
So what is that phrase in English?

October 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM
meggie2685
Well, now I can't remember exactly! Should have wrote it in english too. It basically says:
I'm so excited to be a mom and for you to be a dad. I love you so much and I can't wait to look in to the eyes of our baby! Thank you for being so supportive and always being there for me. I love you always and forever.

Cheesy, but hey, thats what I'm made of. Lol
October 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Very sweet, and such a nice sentiment to write it in Portuguese.

October 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM
meggie2685
Yeah, I am excited. Starting to doubt I'll get a BFP this cycle though, as so far things feel much like before AF gets here. my chest is super sore. I'm trying to remember if it usually starts this far before AF is due (AF is due October 16) but it seems early for it to be related to pregnancy.....
October 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM
You're way too early to be counting yourself out already!

As for the sore BBs, I never paid much attention until I started charting, but I usually get really sore BBs right after ovulation, so it could just be residual from that. The increase in progesterone just after ovulation can really mess with your body and emotions. Also, if that little egg was fertilized, you might be producing even more progesterone than usual.

October 7th, 2011, 03:42 PM
meggie2685
Thanks! I am trying to remain positive, but only time will tell. My mom leaves Monday so I am gonna test Sunday. Bought a little onesie that says I love daddy on it. Its just white with little green dinosaurs on it, so I figure it's gender neutral enough that I would put a girl in it as well as a boy. And it was on clearance so I only spent 3.50! So thats good. Thats how I have bought anything baby related, on clearance or at garage sales. Got a list of songs, now I just need to put them on a cd, and buy a card. I am trying to be prepared, cause if I take the test on Sunday, I am gonna want to tell him on Sunday and we don't go to stores or anything on Sunday, so I just decided I will be prepared and whenever it happens, I will be ready!!
October 8th, 2011, 10:46 PM
meggie2685
I decided tonight I would talk about some things that I believe are going to be important when I have a baby. These are just my opinions and feelings based on working with children professionally for the last 7 years and babysitting my entire youth! I don't judge people for doing things differently than me. Parents need to do things in a way that works for them, and just as all parents are unique, all children are and I doubt I will raise all my children the exact same way. I've learned that at work, some kids just don't respond well to certain circumstances. For instance, one child may hate to be hugged when they are upset, they may just need their space and another child may need to be hugged and reassured when they are upset in order for them to feel better.
I want to be a hands on mom. I want my baby to sleep in the same room as me, I want to breastfeed. I want to be a stay at home mom and be able to experience all my childs "firsts" that I possibly can. I want my husband to be very involved. I want him to love our child as much as I do and to want to spend time with him/her. My father wasn't around a lot when I was a kid, and though we have a close relationship now, it took us 25 years to get to the point we are at now.
I want to take my kid to the park, I want to cherish every stage and not think "Oh I can't wait till so and so outgrows this stage" They are little for such a short time and I just want to enjoy it (the good and the bad!) At work I work with 2 and 3 year olds and they are amazing. They say the cutest things and have such a great imagination. Again, all are unique, but every child has something to give. And I want to remember that in the midst of "the terrible twos" with my child. I want to get down on their level and see the world as they do. They see amazing things all over the place. I want to talk with my child and help them to grow and be the best they can be. We have a child at work who is barely 2 1/2 and he can already recognize half the letters of the alphabet, knows his shapes, knows his numbers, knows his colors. His parents are very hands on and it shows in how he acts, things he knows and how he behaves.
I hope that I can be the mom that I want to be and that I'll be able to always provide a loving, nurturing home where my children can thrive and be the best that they can be.

Last edited by meggie2685; October 8th, 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: misspelled words
October 9th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggie2685 View Post
I hope that I can be the mom that I want to be and that I'll be able to always provide a loving, nurturing home where my children can thrive and be the best that they can be.
You will!

October 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM
meggie2685
Ha, thanks!! My mom gets here in two days! I am super excited. I am really hoping I get a BFP to show her in person, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I have six days left till testing......I am not testing till Sunday, because IF it is a BFN it will make me a bit sad, and I want to be nothing but happy for Saturday and our special event. I am a little annoyed at myself for wasting the answer pregnancy test that came in the ovulation tests that I bought, but oh well. I have on answer test left. I will use that on Sunday if AF has not made an appearance. If its BFN then I will wait a couple days for AF to show and if she doesn't, then I will buy a test at Walmart and try again.
So far I don't really have any symptoms. My breasts have been really sore, but that is typical before AF gets here. I had a bit of cramping this weekend, also normal before AF. Thats pretty much it. So, not looking too promising so far. I did feel really nauseous when I woke up from a nap yesterday afternoon, but I'm not sure if that could be classified as a symptom, or if that was just my body rebelling to the nap (I HATE taking naps and only do so when I'm super tired)......
October 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Hmmm.... the being super tired and needing a nap is definitely a symptom of pregnancy. That's the frustrating part about TTC. Pretty much all the early signs of pregnancy are also the early signs of AF! But I'll be hoping you get your BFP on Sunday. I think it's great that you're waiting to test, even though I bet it's hard to do. Hope your visit with your mother is wonderful!

October 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM
meggie2685
Ah, thanks!!! I am excited to see her, its been almost 2 years! I have been keeping odd hours lately, so I am thinking that being tired may be a symptom of that. I guess its hard, cause some people say their symptoms of pregnancy were way different than when they get AF and some say the symptoms were almost exactly the same. When my sister in law was pregnant she said she swore she was about to start AF but then AF didn't come (she wasn't trying to get pregnant, of course!) so she tested when she was like a week late, and lo and behold, BFP. She cried out of being scared, and I almost cried at the unfairness in life! But I didn't!
I am already thinking of my plans of what to try this next cycle if I'm not pregnant this cycle. I am not sure if I want to try to do anything different than last cycle. I've been taking prenatal vitamins, trying to eat healthier, used preseed, and tried to BD every day or every other day at most, from about CD9 to CD25. Any other suggestions???
October 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM
It sounds to me like you have your bases covered. At this point, I can't imagine you should do anything differently. If this isn't your cycle, just remember that even in totally healthy women with totally healthy partners, there's only a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month. It's frustrating, but you can't get discouraged. I think that everything you're doing is increasing your odds a lot. I know you'll get your BFP soon (hopefully this cycle).

As far as the symptoms of pregnancy, some of what I felt was the same as AF symptoms, but there was a definite difference. The being really tired part was a big clue for me, and my breasts were sore (which doesn't happen before AF for me). I also had several nights in a row of vivid dreams, which I don't normally have. And I just felt pregnant. I never understood what women meant by that, but I really do get it now. Then again, I know that a lot of women don't feel any symptoms at all before their BFP.

It's enough to make you .

October 10th, 2011, 03:45 PM
meggie2685
Agreed!!! I read somewhere, don't remember where it was, and the girl said she wishes when women conceived they turned blue for a day, or something physical like that happened, so they could KNOW instead of analyzing everything and getting hopes up only to be let down! I don't know about turning blue, but I would like something to happen!
Whenever I start feeling down, I think of my cousin and his wife. They got pregnant with their first child right away, think honeymoon baby!! And when he was about a year old they started trying to get pregnant again. Well, after a year, they saw a fertility doctor, and they got pregnant after a couple months, only to miscarry at 8 weeks. That was in November I think. In January they found out they were pregnant again, and in March they found out they were having TRIPLETS! Naturally conceived triplets, no IVF, no fertility drugs. All the doctor had done (who they were no longer seeing at this point) was put her on birth control for a couple months to regulate her cycles again and then have her start eating healthy and gave her a couple tips. So, when I start getting depressed I always think about them, and how they went from a miscarriage to triplets in a couple months. And when the triplets were born in August, they were all 5 pounds and up and super healthy, all were home by a week and a half old. It was very exciting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search