TTC My First Baby Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
That is amazing! Thanks for sharing their story. Oh my, I don't know what I'd do with triplets!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 10th, 2011, 04:28 PM
meggie2685
I know! I've always wanted to have twins, but not triplets. I don't like odd numbers! So I would not want triplets. I work with kids and I feel confident I could handle twins, but no way with triplets! That would be crazy!!
October 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
meggie2685
So, tonight i've been researching and researching (which is sometimes a bad idea, sometimes a good idea) People who felt AF was coming and then ended up getting a BFP because so far, I feel exactly the same as I usually do before AF comes. Maybe my breasts got sore a little earlier than normal, but who knows what that means. I have been cramping since Saturday. Which was only like 4 dpo most likely (Not 100% sure when I ovulated) Which according to most things I read you don't start feeling things that early.
My DH sent the sweetest text today though. I text him and said I felt the same as I do when AF is coming around and he said "Lets still hope till we can't hope anymore for this month" Which may not sound like the sweetest thing, but usually I get the standard "it'll happen when its meant to" "Don't worry babe, there's always next month" So, for him to basically say, lets just keep hope alive till something proves us wrong, was perfect and exactly what I needed to hear. I started out this cycle so positive, but when the dreaded day of AF approaches, it gets harder and harder to keep feeling positive, especially when things are feeling so much like they normally do before AF comes. But I am just gonna tell myself, if we are meant to have a baby in June, we will be pregnant. If not, then there is always next month, as much as it sucks to get AF when I so desperately want to be pregnant. But I read someones blog the other day and they posted about wanting to enjoy the journey of TTC. So I am trying to think of it like that. A journey. It's not only about the destination, but also about the journey. The chance to become more in tune with my body. A time to grow closer to my DH. A time to prepare as much as I can, emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially, for a baby to come in to our lives. And that is what I will be thinking about as I continue on this journey of motherhood.
And here are a couple of quotes that I enjoy:

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.

Work like you don’t need the money, Love like you’ve never been hurt, Dance like nobody’s watching.
(I took competitive dance for 10 years, so I've always loved this quote!)

It’s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
October 11th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggie2685 View Post
But I read someones blog the other day and they posted about wanting to enjoy the journey of TTC. So I am trying to think of it like that. A journey. It's not only about the destination, but also about the journey. The chance to become more in tune with my body. A time to grow closer to my DH. A time to prepare as much as I can, emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially, for a baby to come in to our lives. And that is what I will be thinking about as I continue on this journey of motherhood.
I couldn't agree more. Thinking of TTC as a journey is such a healthy approach. I sometimes just wish that I would have gotten pregnant without trying. It would have been a lot easier than having to deal with BBT, CM, OPKs, etc. But then I think about how meaningful it will be when I finally have a sticky bean growing inside me. To be able to look back at all the craziness of TTC will no doubt make me appreciate even more the miracle of conception, pregnancy, and ultimately birth.

When I told my dad that I was pregnant (which I now kind of wish I hadn't... but maybe I'll delay a little more next time), he told me: "Enjoy every second. Not every minute or hour or day. Every second." Yes, my dad is a wise man.

October 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM
meggie2685
Your dad sounds like a very wise man. I plan on taking his advice. So many women complain their way through their pregnancy, but since it hasn't happened for me right off that bat especially makes me feel I should enjoy it all. Even the negative. Thats my goal, to not complain about anything and just be thankful every second that I have life growing inside of me. That is an incredible experience and i hope its one I'll be able to have.
Today I came home from work and crashed. Our house was cold, cause our weather here can't decide what it wants to do and so I laid down for a second under blankets and next thing I know I was waking up two hours later. I also have felt super nauseous this afternoon, had random cramps (slightly different than AF cramps) felt extremely tired (like I had thirty extra pounds attached to every limb) and had these random feelings in my lower stomach, like the feeling you get when you've worked out your stomach and your muscles are kind of sore, but i haven't been doing any stomach exercises lately. Also, felt really......shaky earlier. Like I get when I haven't ate for a couple hours, but I had just barely ate when the feelings started. I don't know if I am coming down with something (hopefully not since my mom gets here tomorrow) or if it could be signs. I'm only 7DPO i believe, so that may be too early to be having signs.....who knows!
October 11th, 2011, 07:06 PM
On 7 DPO when I was pregnant, I thought that I was coming down with the flu. I was hot and just kind of achy and so tired.

I hope these are all very good signs for you.

October 12th, 2011, 05:17 PM
meggie2685
Thanks!! i ended up waking up in the middle of the night throwing up last night. I've felt a bit better today, but still sick. And usually when I get the flu, I just get aches and stuff, I hardly ever throw up! I'm hoping thats all good signs!
October 12th, 2011, 05:53 PM

October 13th, 2011, 07:54 AM
meggie2685
Except then today I woke up and have no signs of an upset stomach. Which makes me think it must have just been a 24 hour flu type thing. But I have no cramps now, and usually in the days leading up to AF i get pretty bad cramps. I'm hoping thats a good sign.
My mom got here last night! Its so good to visit with her. My step dad and DH fixed our water heater thats been out of commission for a few months, so its nice to have hot water from the tap again!!
October 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Just wondering if you tested today! The suspense is killing me.

Hope you've had a great visit with your mom.

October 16th, 2011, 02:22 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
!!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
October 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM
meggie2685
Had an awesome visit with my mom. Way too short though, she got here Wednesday night and had to leave this morning. And I hadn't seen her in two years almost. It was a really good visit. My stepdad helped a ton with stuff on our house that we are trying to fix and my mom and I had lots of good talks.
I did test..............BF.............................. ...........................

NEGATIVE! I was sad. But oh well!!! I still haven't got AF so now I am on CD36 which worries me cause my doctor told me if my cycles were any longer than 35 days it could be a problem. So who knows!
October 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I'll still be hoping for just a delayed BFP. Glad you had an awesome visit with your mom.

October 17th, 2011, 04:07 PM
meggie2685
I am hoping for a delayed BFP too, but I am starting to cramp and also had a tiny bit of spotting this morning, so I think unfortunately I am out this month. I think I need to stop reading in to things, it always ends up biting me in the butt! Lol.
October 20th, 2011, 05:50 PM
meggie2685
So AF started yesterday. Tuesday night I had the worst cramps ever! i thought i was going to die! But luckily I only had them bad that one day and now they are better. I had a 37 day cycle which has me a bit concerned, since my doctor told me anything over 35 days was not good, but I didn't Ovulate until CD23 so a 37 day cycle puts me at a 14 day LP....not sure what to think on that! Any thoughts????
October 20th, 2011, 05:57 PM
meggie2685
Also wondering if Tuesday should be my CD1 or Wednesday. I started bleeding on Tuesday, but lightly and late at night, like around 8 or 9. If CD1 started on Tuesday I had a 36 day cycle and a 13 day LP. Any thoughts?
October 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry AF showed up!

It's great news that you have a 14-day LP, though. It could be that you were just stressed about the whole TTC business this month, and that delayed your ovulation. I know that happens to a lot of girls when they start trying.

As for when you should start CD 1, I would go with Tuesday. Anything more than spotting (even if it is light), I always count at CD 1. But it could really go both ways, especially since it was late in the day. (That wasn't very helpful, huh? )

October 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM
meggie2685
Lol. Any thoughts are always appreciated!! I think I will go with Tuesday too. It was late, but it was definitely more than just spotting. I am going to stop reading in to things I decided. I always get so worked up about things and how there are so many "signs" pointing towards the outcome I want. I am just gonna sit back, do what I need to do and hope. My mom brought me this cute home decor thing that is three squares hanging vertically and the first says Faith, the second says Hope and the third says Love. Those are my new goals. Have Faith good things will happen, Hope for the best, and Love my husband/family/good things in life.
October 31st, 2011, 01:19 PM
meggie2685
So, the last couple days I've been noticing quite a bit of the egg white CM on the TP when I wipe (sorry for TMI!) I am wondering if maybe I ovulate earlier in my cycle than I was thinking before...so maybe my Luteal Phase is a little longer than average. Any ideas on a long Luteal phase? Anyways, if I got pregnant around this time, my baby would be due the end of July (right around our wedding anniversary). I've always wanted a summer baby. I am feeling hopeful, but cautiously hopeful.

My mom is possibly coming back in a couple weeks, and that has me pretty excited! Also, today is Halloween! I work at a preschool so we had a halloween party. I love seeing all the kids dressed up! So cute! My brothers dressed up at pumpkins their first halloweens (well, not first, but their first Halloween where they dressed up) so I plan on having my babies first Halloween costume be a pumpkin also!

Yesterday I started compiling a playlist on youtube of my favorite Christmas songs! I am so excited for Christmas. I am happy because we are in our own house this year, so we are finally getting a real tree. The last 4 years we've just had fake trees, cause we've been in little apartments and stuff, but this year we are going to have a real tree! I am way stoked!

So, I've been a little crampy the last couple days too. Wondering if that has anything to do with ovulating........Fingers crossed!!!
October 31st, 2011, 01:37 PM
It's not unusual to start getting EWCM or watery CM 3-7 days before you actually ovulate. So what you're seeing could just be the build-up. I also usually start to get a little crampy around one of my ovaries 3-7 days before I O as well. Having a long LP would definitely be an okay thing for you.

I love Christmas, too. In fact, I can't wait until Thanksgiving because I always immediately start decorating and sending out Christmas cards that weekend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search