Junie's Journal - TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2011, 07:55 AM
meggie2685

Last edited by meggie2685; October 6th, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
October 6th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Cycle #4, CD 3

I've decided to start a journal because I think getting my feelings out in writing is a positive way to alleviate the stress associated with trying to conceive. I'm Adrienne (32), and DH is William (31). (Junie is my dad's nickname for me, as June is my middle name.) We've been married for almost 5 1/2 years, and we've been together for more than 12. I've wanted to start a family for a couple of years now, but DH wasn't quite there yet.

Our TTC summary:

May 4, 2011 – On our five-year anniversary, DH told me that he was 100% onboard and that we should start trying as soon as I gave the green light.

May 26, 2011 – NTNP cycle, leading to a BFN. I started prenatal vitamins in preparation for when we started TTC.

June 25, 2011 – Cycle #1 of actively TTC, leading to a BFN. We were quite casual this cycle, not using OPKs or charting or anything other than BD.

July 25, 2011 – Cycle #2 of actively TTC, leading to a BFN. I started charting this cycle and using OPKs. I gave up on the cycle and figured it was anovulatory when I was still getting negative OPKs on CD 22. After that point, we did not time our BD very well, and it turned out that I ovulated on CD 25 of a 30-day cycle.

August 24, 2011 – Cycle #3 of actively TTC, leading to a BFP. I started taking 100mg of B6 to naturally lengthen my luteal phase. I ovulated a day earlier, on CD 24, and I got my first very faint BFP on the evening of 11 DPO. I was pregnant for 4 weeks and 4 days, when I had a miscarriage.

October 4, 2011 – Cycle #4 of actively TTC. I go in for an ultrasound and second beta draw this afternoon, to confirm that the miscarriage is progressing as it should and hopefully determine that everything else looks good. I'll be meeting with my doctor again next week to make sure that I can move forward with trying again this cycle.

I'm still quite sad, but I'm feeling better. It was an absolutely blissful week, knowing I was pregnant. I had doubted it was even a possibility with my short LP, so it was a pretty miraculous step in my TTC journey. And I now know that it's possible for me to conceive and that my husband's little swimmers are in tip-top shape. I'll be moving on to Cycle #4 with a lot of hope and a little trepidation. If this had to happen, I'm thankful it did at 4 weeks and 4 days, instead of much further along.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 6th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I went in for my ultrasound at 2:50pm. After talking to the rad tech about my situation, she not only did an abdominal ultrasound but also a transvaginal ultrasound. I don't think that was on the doctor's order. But when I told her that this was miscarriage-related, I think she took it upon herself to do one. I'm glad she did because I don't think a regular ultrasound would have provided any answers. She was incredibly kind about the whole thing and told me that they would have the results over to my doctor before the end of the day. She advised me to call the doctor's office before they close.

I called at 4:40 (they close at 5), and I asked the receptionist if I could leave a message for my doctor. She put me on hold, and she never returned. When I finally hung up and called back, no one answered. I'm seriously so pi$$ed right now. I honestly don't mind waiting until tomorrow to talk to my doctor about the results, but it's just the way the receptionist treated me.

So I don't really have a report yet, but I'm sure I will tomorrow. I'm most anxious to know how this will impact my cycle. I don't think my hCG progressed as quickly as it should have, so I have a feeling it will leave my system faster than a typical pregnancy as well. The bleeding with this miscarriage only lasted two days. I barely had even spotting today. I imagine the doctor will want me to wait a full cycle to start trying again. We might just go into NTNP mode this cycle and see where it takes us.

October 6th, 2011, 02:39 PM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm really glad you are writing. I can stalk you now in one centralized place hahaha. I hope everything goes well with your appointment this evening.
October 6th, 2011, 06:43 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Hey there, Adrienne! As I posted in your other thread, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Glad to see you are starting a journal though!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
October 6th, 2011, 06:48 PM
dri2011's Avatar Tired of Practicing
Hey Junie/Adrienne....tee hee hee we have the same name 'cept mine is with a's instead of e's. Once again I am sorry for your loss but look forward to following your story. I would do a journal of my own but not sure if people would think I'm crazy or not...lol. Good luck on cycle #4!

*Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!*

October 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMommyWannabe View Post
Hey there, Adrienne! As I posted in your other thread, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Glad to see you are starting a journal though!
Thanks, Keri-Ann. I wish JM would get it together, though. My thread is all out-of-whack!

I'm feeling better little by little. It was such a relief to have my ultrasound done today. A little bit of closure, I guess. Now I guess it will be a follow-up appointment with my doctor, and we'll see where we go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dri2011 View Post
Hey Junie/Adrienne....tee hee hee we have the same name 'cept mine is with a's instead of e's. Once again I am sorry for your loss but look forward to following your story. I would do a journal of my own but not sure if people would think I'm crazy or not...lol. Good luck on cycle #4!
Thanks so much, Adrianna. And I think if you feel like starting a journal, you should. I don't think anyone would think you were crazy... well any more than we all are after TTC for a while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search