Junie's Journal - TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 05:20 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Adrienne - hope it went well yesterday - looking forward to the update! I'm still sending lots of sticky thoughts your way

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

December 9th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Cycle #5 - BFP at CD 32, 9 DPO

I'm going to stick with this journal for a little while longer, until I move over to the grads section. I kind of don't know where to start with this entry.

So... how did I feel when I saw that BFP? Honestly, I wasn't surprised. I didn't temp or symptom-obsess during my 2WW, but I pretty much knew I was pregnant at 6 DPO. I just felt different. We were in Maui and DH asked me if I thought I might be pregnant, and I said I was 80% sure. So I was going to hold out from testing until today at 12 DPO. I just had a feeling that implantation occurred at 6 DPO, so I tested at 9 DPO. Intuition is a weird thing.

I was able to see my doctor right away, so here's a summary of my confirming appointment: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...pointment.html (My Confirming Appointment).

I'll call later this afternoon to get the results of the beta and progesterone levels. And then move forward from there with another beta draw sometime next week. I took another test this morning, and the line is definitely darker than yesterday's test. So I'm feeling really good, though definitely tentative. I figure I can either worry myself sick or enjoy every single second of this pregnancy. So I'm going with the latter. I hope I have a happy and healthy 9 months. If I don't, though, there's no sense in not embracing the pregnancy now and relishing the fact that I am PREGNANT!

So I posted this pic on the main board, but I wanted to post it here too. I took this pic before the "pregnant" went away on the digi. Knock on wood... I'll be 6 weeks pregnant on Christmas Day. At first I thought I would wait to tell my sisters and parents until 12 weeks along, but I don't want to wait that long. They were so supportive the last time, so I just can't imagine not telling them and confiding in my sisters about morning sickness and weird pregnancy symptoms. I also won't see them this Christmas, so I figured I would text them all this pic on Christmas Day and then wait for the excited phone calls back.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; December 9th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
December 9th, 2011, 04:51 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
wooooooohooooooooo! Oh adrienne, I am SO BEYOND happy for you!!!!!!!! praying for a very healthy and happy 9 months for you!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
December 9th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMommyWannabe View Post
wooooooohooooooooo! Oh adrienne, I am SO BEYOND happy for you!!!!!!!! praying for a very healthy and happy 9 months for you!
Keri-Ann, I want you to have your BFP so very badly! I so hope that your DH's next SA comes back looking good for IUI. You deserve to be the mommy you "wannabe."

December 10th, 2011, 08:57 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
You deserve to be the mommy you "wannabe."

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 10th, 2011, 11:04 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Hope all is going well for you! Can't wait to hear about the labs.

December 10th, 2011, 11:10 AM
So my doc called yesterday evening. My beta hCG was 27, which I know sounds low at first sight. But I was only 11 DPO when it was drawn, so I actually feel okay with that number. She was certainly okay with it.

(On a side note... I Wondfos! They must have picked up my hCG at less than 20 on 9 DPO... can't say the same for FRER).

My progesterone was 17.2, which is perfectly normal for pregnancy. So I'm feeling really good about that too. I was only 3 weeks, 4 days when it was drawn, and it should continue to climb over the coming weeks. So I think that's a great level for this stage.

My doctor wants to wait a week to do the next beta because she thinks it will tell us more... paint a bigger picture. Actually, she doesn't think I need it at all and completely thinks this pregnancy will be wonderful. However, she knows it will ease my mind, so we're doing it. I'll either go in for the beta on Wednesday or Thursday.

What makes me super happy right now, though, is the difference on my FRER from 11 DPO at 8pm to 12 DPO at 6am. The lines are definitely getting darker pretty quickly, so I think this will provide me with the reassurance I need until my next beta.

December 10th, 2011, 05:29 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Keri-Ann, I want you to have your BFP so very badly! I so hope that your DH's next SA comes back looking good for IUI. You deserve to be the mommy you "wannabe."
aw shucks...

thanks. i can't tell you guys what this board means to me...since I can't really talk about this with anyone else...irl.

i mean it though - for you - I am absolutely beyond thrilled. you will make a WONDERFUL mommy!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
December 11th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats on the great blood draw levels!!! I know this is a sticky bean for sure I love the Christmas ornament! That's super sweet! Can't wait to follow you on your pregnancy journey!

December 11th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the picture of the test idea! I'm also so happy for you that your levels are looking good and your lines are becoming darker!

December 11th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I am so glad your blood draw went so well. Every bit of sticky dust in the world to you

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
December 12th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Well, I started my pregnancy journal. I'm still hoping this bean sticks around for the long haul. So far everything is looking better than the last time (knock on wood). Keeping this journal helped me so much on this fairly short TTC journey. I'm so grateful to have found JM and all of the wonderful ladies here because I'm certain I would still be trying and so much less informed about all the things I could do to increase my chances. I also would have lacked amazing support, which really helped me keep my sanity through the emotional casserole that is TTC.

For those who read this journal regularly (and don't yet have your BFPs), I hope you all get pregnant very quickly. You are amazing women, and you deserve to be the amazing mothers you long to be. I'll keep you in my T&Ps and continue to stalk you throughout your journeys.

Baby to all!

Last edited by Mom2JDub; December 15th, 2011 at 05:53 AM.
December 12th, 2011, 06:31 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Congrats Adrienne! Good luck on your journey through pregnancy and motherhood. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

December 12th, 2011, 09:06 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I'm still rather behind, and just started catching up on journals - I totally missed that you got a BFP! Congratulations, and sorry I didn't see it sooner. Glad to hear you're feeling good about your bean staying stuck!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
December 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
OMG I'm sooooo happy for your adrienne! That is great news the tests have come back with good news! I wish you a very happy and very healthy 9 months to comes and I will be stalking your journal durning your pregnancy! and before I forget.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 13th, 2011, 05:08 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
So happy for you!!!

December 13th, 2011, 06:39 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Sticky dust

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
January 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
pjsgirl's Avatar Regular
Hi lady!

CONGRATS!!! I know I am probably soooo behind, but i've barely been on the site, been sleeping for the last 3 months pretty much...lol. Seriously- no motivation to do anything.

Anyway! I am elated to see that you got a BFP...... I have to troll around and find out how far along you are, etc..... I am completely out of the loop.... i read a little and see you really enjoyed Maui (how could u not? im still having separation anxiety!).

My birthday was the day after Christmas and that marked the end of my 1st Trimester. Today is Day One of Week 14. Crazy! NT scan was on 12/27 and that went well as per the ultrasound tech...and we see the Dr again on 1/18. That's the low-down on me.... I am so happy for you and DH! I gotta find out more info like due date etc... gonna try and look now. XOXOXO

January 3rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
So glad your pregnancy is going well! I'm sure you're looking for it now, but I started a pregnancy journal - http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ics-1-1-a.html.

I'm 7+ weeks and loving it. I'm exhausted, too... probably my biggest symptom. I'll be having my first u/s next week, and I'm really excited to finally see my little bean... who should have some more distinct features by then than just a little bean!

Maui was wonderful! I was in my 2WW while there... so no obsessing. But I just knew I was pregnant while we were there, so I tested at 9 DPO just a couple of days after we got back. And BFP! I had a couple of betas in the first week to make sure everything was progressing... at it was! So things are looking really good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search