Junie's Journal - TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM
dri2011's Avatar Tired of Practicing
Ok so I'm gonna say now that I love you.....lol. You were one of the first to welcome me and you always have something encouraging to say. You are a wonderful person!! I'm sorry about your m/c but am very happy that you started a journal. I will be stalking if thats ok with you. Hopefully this will be a short-lived TTC journal.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!*

October 10th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Thanks, Dri! Stalk away!

I just think you've gotta give love to get love, in every aspect of life. So thanks for the love... and right back at you!

October 10th, 2011, 07:15 PM
meggie2685
Quote:
Originally Posted by dri2011 View Post
you always have something encouraging to say. You are a wonderful person!!
October 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your doctor appt goes well!

Oct '11 June '12
October 10th, 2011, 07:33 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
I just read that you are a runner. Can I just say how jealous I am?! lol.

I hate running - BUT I wish I was a runner. I've tried it before...and I LOVE running on the treadmill - but when it comes to being outside and pounding the pavement, I just can't do it! haha.

you're right though (from you posting in my journal) about how therapeutic exercise is.

I hope you do find your calm soon...I know I may not fully "get" what you're going through right now...but after 19 months of trying - with all the difficulties we go through month after month - I do understand the longing of wanting that family that just seems so close yet so far away.

Anyways - just wanted to say how great it is to know you on these boards - you are always so kind with your replies.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
October 10th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Keri-Ann, runners are gluttons for punishment, and I think you're halfway there. After all, you are a Cubs fan!

Let me give you a little inspiration if you think you can't be an outdoor runner. Last year, about this time, one of my colleagues sent me a text message that she had just jogged 3 miles, the most she'd ever done before. She was 51, about 30 pounds overweight, and had a bum knee. She decided enough was enough and started walking, then walking/jogging, then she finally reached that milestone where she had jogged a full 3 miles without having to stop or walk. I sent her a text message back that she'd be running a half-marathon before she knew it.

That little remark got her thinking, and then she mentioned it to me in person. She set her sights on the possibility of competing in a half-marathon in May. I told her I'd run it with her if she wanted to give it a shot. She started training right away. Over the course of her training, she lost 30 pounds and got into the best shape of her life. She ended up putting a few thousand people to shame, running her first half-marathon in 1:58! She found out afterward that her 28-year-old niece who runs at least a couple marathons a year had never finished a half in under 2 hours!

As cheesy as it sounds, it really does start with just one step.

October 11th, 2011, 05:47 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
My doctor is going to learn that she's not dealing with an aloof patient. I'm a Type A personality armed with lots of information who desperately wants a baby! So she better not mess with me!

I hope today goes well and you feel even better after it. You have such a great attitude - it's lovely to read Hope you get the green light to go-ahead and you get that sticky BFP you deserve ASAP

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 11th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Hey Junie!!!

Just stopping by to see how your appointment went today. I hope all is well....

October 11th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dri2011 View Post
Hey Junie!!!

Just stopping by to see how your appointment went today. I hope all is well....
Ugh! Still waiting for it! It's at 2:50 this afternoon, and I'm on the West Coast. So I won't be updating until I get home this evening. Sorry for the cliffhanger.

October 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
post soon! hope it went well!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
October 11th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Cycle #4, CD 8

First off, thanks so much, ladies, for being so supportive and stalking my journal. You are the best!

My appointment went really well. When the doctor walked in the room, she gave me a big hug. I was not expecting that, but it was very nice. Some people might not find that very professional, but it made me feel like a person, not just a patient. She did a full speculum exam, which is never fun. She said I still have just a little bit of bleeding mixed with my discharge, which I hadn't actually noticed for the past few days. She said my cervix is almost entirely closed, which it should be after a period, so that's good too.

Unfortunately, for the past two days I have felt like I was getting a yeast infection. She said that was probably from the hormone fluctuations, and she prescribed Diflucan. Yay for no yucky creams! They drew blood and said they should have the results back from the lab tomorrow. If my hCG is zero, I should be good to try again this cycle.

I then pulled out my fertility charts, and we talked about the possible reasons for the miscarriage. She still really believes that it was most likely just a chromosomal abnormality, but she said it very well could be my short LP and inadequate progesterone. Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing until the next time I get pregnant. She said that the problem with testing progesterone levels with a short LP is that the levels might be fine at 5 DPO but start decreasing several DPO later.

I asked her what she would recommend for me the next time I get a +HPT. She said for someone who has suffered 2 to 3 miscarriages, she would prescribe progesterone. So basically, she wouldn't want to go that route with my next pregnancy because this m/c could have just been a fluke. Then I asked her what the negative effects would be of taking extra progesterone if my natural levels were fine. She said that it's controversial. Some doctors don't like the idea, and others think it's fine.

With all of that in mind, the next time I ovulate, I think I'm going to go ahead and use the bio-identical progesterone cream that I bought. I know that other women with short LPs have used it with great results. My doctor said if I do get a +HPT to call right away, and she'll make sure I get in to see her quickly. So I'm feeling really good about everything. I just wish I had more answers, but there's just no way of knowing for sure.

The doctor did tell me that she had another patient with a short LP who had a miscarriage with her first pregnancy. She got pregnant the very next cycle, and the doctor just delivered her healthy baby four months ago. So that was a good note on which to end our appointment.

October 11th, 2011, 06:05 PM
That's awesome Junie!!! I'm glad it went well and the doctor actually decided to listen and answer your questions. I believe you will get a BFP next cycle and it will stick!!! No worries it will all be fine. Until tomorrow hun

October 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
That is a really good way to end the appointment Glad your doctor actually treated you like a person - I think that's really nice. Thanks for keeping all us stalkers updated!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 11th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKat View Post
That is a really good way to end the appointment. Glad your doctor actually treated you like a person - I think that's really nice. Thanks for keeping all us stalkers updated!
Thanks, Katie! If I'm in the clear to TTC this cycle and it ends up being a normal cycle, it looks like we're cycle buddies!

October 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm so glad you doctor had positive news for you.

October 12th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock126 View Post
I'm so glad you doctor had positive news for you.
Thanks, Jenn! I really don't want to miss a beat if I don't have to. I've already started using OPKs because I have been abnormally ... can't think of a better word ... horny! And I've had more CM than I normally would this time in my cycle. It's not fertile CM, but it's different. So I figured I might as well start using OPKs early.

The doctor said that the next couple of cycles could be weird. I'm actually hoping that they're weird in a good way. Like it would be awesome if I ovulated early and had a LP that was somewhere even around ten days!

How are you feeling, mama?

October 12th, 2011, 02:00 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
So glad you had a good appointment! Note on the wonky cycle (i.e. CM, etc), the cycle after my m/c was odd, and the next one too...more CM for sure (and I never get any). Not to say they were bad, just def different than before.

Either way, OPKs are the way to go! I am so bad about using them regularly, i do, then i dont, I do, then i forget. Blah. But if you're having the urge to use them, you should!

Good luck this cycle!
k

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 12th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Note on the wonky cycle (i.e. CM, etc), the cycle after my m/c was odd, and the next one too...more CM for sure (and I never get any). Not to say they were bad, just def different than before.

Either way, OPKs are the way to go! I am so bad about using them regularly, i do, then i dont, I do, then i forget. Blah. But if you're having the urge to use them, you should!
Good to know (about the CM), Karin. I'm beyond happy that everything seems to be getting back to normal. I can handle more CM, especially if it ends up helping me conceive again. The most frustrating thing right now is my temps. The good thing is that they aren't erratic. The annoying part is that they are still about a degree higher than is normal for me at this point in my cycle. Good thing I'm using OPKs because I don't know how much temps will tell me this cycle.

October 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your appt went well and that you were treated as a person and not a statistic. I feel like when people hear about my m/c that they look at me with a great pity. Like, you don't generally know how to show heart felt apology until you go through it. There is no other way to know the pain.
And yes, what a great story your doctor told you! Glad they are working with you on your next pregnancy already

Oct '11 June '12
October 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Cycle #4, CD 9

It was so hot today, and I'm sick of it. It was 100 degrees when I got home at 5:45! I couldn't run outside this evening because it was just too hot. I don't know why I still get surprised every year when it's hot in October. I just want it to cool off already.

I didn't get a call with my blood results, and I got all distracted this afternoon and forgot to call myself. So I suppose I'll call tomorrow. Otherwise, I guess I'm just playing the waiting game. I've gotten really good at that since I started TTC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search