Junie's Journal - TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2011, 03:12 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
So glad you started a journal! I'll be stalking you as well. I am so happy to hear you have such a wonderful Doctor. That makes a world of a difference!
I am confident you will get your bfp soon; many women get it right after a m/c. I'm not a good example of that, but I have heard of several!
s

October 13th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
So glad you started a journal! I'll be stalking you as well.
Thanks, Nina! So glad you're stalking. Wouldn't it be awesome to be in the same DDC?

October 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Cycle #4, CD 10

Not much to report on the TTC front, just that I really wish my temps would drop back down to pre-m/c levels. They are still about a degree higher than they were at this point last cycle. I guess that as long as I see high temps after O, I shouldn't be too concerned. I just wish they were back to normal. The one thing I can say is that they are not erratic, which is definitely a good thing. I also feel really bloated, which doesn't usually happen at this point in my cycle. It's probably random. I figure anything goes this cycle.

Not related to TTC, I got to check out my new work digs today. A couple years ago, they started remodeling my building on campus, so I've been stuck in a portable trailer for 2 years, 2 months, and 1 day (not that I'm counting). We are scheduled to move back into the building on December 1-2, and today I got to go check out the new office. It looks amazing! It's a much bigger space, and the furniture is awesome. Now I really can't wait to move!

And to top it off, the timing is actually really good. DH and I will be in Maui on November 30-December 4. So I won't even have to mess with the move. Now I just have to remember to go to that building when I get back from vacation, instead of the old one.

October 14th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Cycle #4, CD 11

It looks like somewhere around 98 degrees is going to be the new norm for my follicular phase (at least for this cycle). It just really looks like my temps have stabilized and aren't going to drop any more. My doctor still hasn't called back with the results from Tuesday's blood draw. I called yesterday, but she never called back. So I guess I'll call again this afternoon. I suppose that's it for my TTC report today. Well, except that DH and I have a date for morning BD tomorrow, the first time since the m/c... we're both very ready. (I kind of can't believe I just shared that.)

A colleague just started a new job at another college, and he's invited DH and me to dinner at his place tonight. One of our mutual friends is visiting from out of town, so she'll be there, too. I would normally look forward to something like this, but I'm just kind of in a funk today. And DH can't go because he plays in a softball league on Friday nights (and he's the coach), so I'll be flying solo. I'm sure it will be a good time, but I just don't feel that much like socializing today.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; October 15th, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
October 14th, 2011, 11:30 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Thanks, Jenn! I really don't want to miss a beat if I don't have to. I've already started using OPKs because I have been abnormally ... can't think of a better word ... horny! And I've had more CM than I normally would this time in my cycle. It's not fertile CM, but it's different. So I figured I might as well start using OPKs early.

The doctor said that the next couple of cycles could be weird. I'm actually hoping that they're weird in a good way. Like it would be awesome if I ovulated early and had a LP that was somewhere even around ten days!

How are you feeling, mama?
I'm glad things are going good for you. You chart looks great even if you have a higher temp then usual. Hope you got in a run. I'm a runner as well and I miss it. Been injured and not able to run like I use too...then I got PG...so I guess it will be another 9 months before I can get back to it.

I"m good. Other then my tender bbs, night sweats, and constantly running back and forth to the bathroom, I feel pretty normal. No unusual cravings or MS thus far. I'm holding steady on my weight but when I get bloated...boy oh boy am I ever bloated! haha

Going to post new bump pics this evening. You can't tell I'm PG in my clothes but I think you can see a difference in my tummy shots.

October 14th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock126 View Post
Going to post new bump pics this evening. You can't tell I'm PG in my clothes but I think you can see a difference in my tummy shots.
Trust me, I've been stalking the bumps forum on the June DDC, waiting for your update.

Also, I read in the "Exercise" thread on the June DDC about your exercise plans during pregnancy, and I actually posted a response there. It weirded me out how similar we are again, on top of all the other similarities we've discovered. You'll have to check that out.

Glad to hear you're feeling good.. even if peeing a lot and bloated.

October 14th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I just got an email from my best friend from long ago, who really alienated me from her life about a year after we graduated from high school. It broke my heart, because she was the love of my life (platonically speaking). A few months ago, her daughter requested to add me as a friend on Facebook, and I accepted.

Today, she sent me the following email:

I have been thinking about you a lot lately and thought that I should just email you. I got your email address off of Teaghanís facebook. I donít really know what I want to say but I do know what I want the goal to be. I want to forget that itís been however many years and that itís awkward to just talk to someone after that long. No words can express the regrets that I have of not remaining close to you. Iíve wished so many times that I could take that back. It was never a conscious decision that we no longer speak. It was just that a week grew into a month, month into a year, and so on. I also have many times thought that I surely had done something to hurt you in some way. If I did, I truly apologize from the core of my heart. I donít claim to know everything now but I will claim to know more than I did back then. Some of those lessons were involving people dear to me. The main one being, you. I just wanted to get this off of my chest and clear up the dead air that has been there for way too long. I hope you are happy and are doing well. I miss you.

This has warmed my heart, but I also don't really know what to say. I would love to be her friend again, but so much time has passed (13 years or so). Pretty heavy for a Friday afternoon.

October 14th, 2011, 07:08 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
what a great email!! I have a very similar story!! my best friend from high school and I stopped speaking (way too long of a story, lol)...but after I got married - and we still had a lot of similar friends on FB - so 7 years after we stopped speaking, she emailed me. we've seen each other twice now and spoken a few times on FB. More than anything, it's just nice not to have ill feelings anymore.

good luck!!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
October 14th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMommyWannabe View Post
what a great email!! I have a very similar story!! my best friend from high school and I stopped speaking (way too long of a story, lol)...but after I got married - and we still had a lot of similar friends on FB - so 7 years after we stopped speaking, she emailed me. we've seen each other twice now and spoken a few times on FB. More than anything, it's just nice not to have ill feelings anymore.

good luck!!
I responded back to her this afternoon. As I started writing her, in a stream of consciousness kind of way, I just couldn't stop. And then I started tearing up while writing. I was thinking of everything I'm going through with TTC and that so few people in my life know that we're even trying. And I thought about all the secrets that she and I shared, things that only the two of us know about each other. And I can't ignore how special the timing was of her getting in touch with me. She was my best friend through all those critical teenage years. I mean, she was really more of a sister than a friend. So I hope my response back to her was the beginning of a new friendship in adulthood. I can't wait to hear back from her.

October 15th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
She was my best friend through all those critical teenage years. I mean, she was really more of a sister than a friend. So I hope my response back to her was the beginning of a new friendship in adulthood. I can't wait to hear back from her.
Oh yeah, I completely 100000% understand!!! This is how my friend and I were, as well. We haven't, unfortunately "kindled" the friendship like I wish it would be (plus she lives 2.5 hours away)...but just the fact (for us) that we are even talking again and we don't 'hate' each other...just makes life easier. course, though, in my situation, we had a LOT of drama...and while I will always love her - she had been, at times, a bit of a 'toxic' friend...(just stupid teenage/high school drama)...we both hurt each other over stupid things but still. ...

anyways good luck and I hope things go well for you and your friend!!!!!!!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility

Last edited by IndyMommyWannabe; October 15th, 2011 at 07:22 AM.
October 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Cycle #4, CD 12

Ugh, I had a temp jump this morning. Just when I thought things were at least stable, they had to go and be wonky. I didn't have a good night of sleep, so I'm hoping that was the problem. I just kept thinking about how frustrated I am that my doctor won't really work with me until I have another m/c. And I couldn't get that thought out of my head all night, so I didn't sleep well and was angry, which I guess could make my temp higher. I think I'll do yoga this evening, and maybe that will chill me out. I know stress isn't good for TTC, but it's hard to avoid sometimes.

To increase my agitation, I was on the road after work last night, and my cell phone rang. I couldn't get to it in time before it went to voicemail. It was my doctor's office calling with my blood results, so I called back right away at the number they left. And it went to the forwarding service! So I have to wait until Monday to get my results. They took the test on Tuesday. That's just unacceptable. I'm sure it's all good news, that my hCG is zero, but it just sucks that they call at 5:15 on Friday, when there's no way for me to reach them.

On a positive (and TMI) note, DH and I DTD like crazy this morning. It was the first time since the m/c, so we were both really ready. It's so nice to be intimate when it's not a BD session. Afterward, we had a really good talk about my situation and my frustration with my doctor. I'm going to do some research on good doctors in my network. And on Monday, I'm going to call my insurance and switch to a different primary care physician.

My insurance changes in January, and I'll be going back to my previous doctor, who is absolutely wonderful. So I originally thought I would just stick it out with this doctor for the remainder of the year. DH talked me into doing something about it now, though. I might not get any different response from a new doctor, but it's at least worth a shot.

Unrelated to TTC, I'm glad I ended up going to my colleague's dinner party last night. It was a good time, and it got my mind off things. And talk about an amazing meal! I also stopped at my favorite bakery on the way to his house and picked up half a dozen of the best brownies on earth. At the end of the evening, he insisted I take the remainder home with me. Twist my arm... so I had a sea salt-caramel brownie for breakfast.

October 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Cycle #4, CD 13

I had an awesome night of sleep! I didn't wake up until my alarm sounded at 6am to temp. That's very unusual for me, as I am a light sleeper with a small bladder. After the alarm, I actually went back to sleep for another 1 1/2 hours. That's just not like me at all, so I guess I really needed the sleep. I did do an hour of yoga just a few hours before bed, so maybe that's what did the trick.

I had a major temp drop, which makes me so happy. I think yesterday's temp was an anomaly because I had such a bad night of sleep. I might throw it out later, but I'll keep it for now. Yesterday's OPK was darker than the previous day's, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I have had fluctuations in the past. I just really hope the B6 helps a lot with my LP this cycle.

I went to the bathroom just a few minutes ago, and I had a ton of watery CM. This has never happened this early in my cycle, so I'm not really sure what to think about it. I guess only time will tell (and OPKs and temps).

I have to work most of today, so I can get a proposal wrapped up for submission tomorrow. And I have to do laundry and dishes and squeeze in the Eagles game. That's what I get for having a Saturday filled with fun and relaxation.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; October 16th, 2011 at 10:30 AM.
October 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Good luck with going back to your old doc!!!! I understand the not sleeping thing...I've had insomnia for so long...I'm on trazodone now (which works WONDERS!) but I still have some sleepless nights...

happy you and DH are able to be intimate withOUT thinking of BD...that is one thing I have grown to not like about TTC is how very "scheduled" it can become. lol.

anyyyyyyyy ways. just journal-stalkin' hope you have a good and productive sunday!

IVF=ONLY option

October 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Cycle #4, CD 14

I learned yesterday that my hCG is <1, which means I am in the clear to try again this cycle!

I would normally have about 10 days to go before O, but I have a really good feeling it will happen sooner than that. I had watery CM yesterday morning, which turned into creamy CM as the day progressed. And I had watery CM most of today, though it has also decreased to just creamy CM by this evening. I don't know what to make of that, but I'm hoping it's a good sign that O is coming earlier.

October 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Good luck Adrienne! I will be checking back and chart stalking like a good little...uh...stalker...hahaha.

October 18th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock126 View Post
Good luck Adrienne! I will be checking back and chart stalking like a good little...uh...stalker...hahaha.
Thanks, Jenn. I'm stalking you too... in the bump and u/s area of the June DDC. I saw your newest pic from the weekend. Can't wait until I can actually start seeing a belly on you.

October 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Cycle #4, CD 15

So I had some watery CM for the past two days, turning into creamy CM later in the day. And this morning, I actually had EWCM, which got me really excited, but it also turned into creamy CM as the day progressed. I don't know what my body is doing!

I got another -OPK this evening, but I'm still being hopeful. Last cycle, I had EWCM for two days before I got a +OPK, so I'm still crossing fingers that my body is gearing up to O. And it would be a lot earlier than last cycle. I really want to get my hopes up, but I'm nervous that it's just my body playing tricks on me. Still, I'm very excited at the possibility of ovulating at a reasonable time in my cycle.

October 19th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cycle #4, CD 16

My OPK this morning was a lot darker than last night's, so I hope that O will be here in a day or two.

We BD'd last night, so I won't check my CM until later today, but it really looks like things could actually be lining up. I would be floored if I O'd before CD 20!

Of course, then my mind starts thinking bad thoughts, like, "Well maybe I'll O earlier but my LP will still be really short, and I'll just have a short cycle." I've got to get those thoughts out of my head, though, and just be happy that it looks like my body is being more cooperative.

October 19th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since JM decided to eat your entire journal and force you to post the Reader's Digest version, I got to catch up on the whole thing!

I'm glad that all of your test results are showing that your body is doing exactly what it should and that you didn't have to go in for a D&C or anything. I can't say I blame you for wanting to shop around for a different doctor, even if it's only for a few months. I can't stand a Dr. who thinks their time is more valuable than mine, doesn't call back with info, etc.

All this talk about running makes me feel like running too. I watched a program about a young girl who wanted to lose a bunch of weight and made a goal to run some kind of race. I can't remember the distance, but I do remember feeling inspired by it. Since the new place we're moving to this weekend has a brand new gym, I'm thinking maybe I'll start baby steps on the treadmill.

October 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks for reading, Nikki! And for the positive thoughts.

And I must say that becoming a runner really does start with just one step... literally. The treadmill in your new place might just be the starting point for a newly found hobby and love of running!

Last edited by Mom2JDub; October 19th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search