JoLina's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2011, 04:21 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Hello ladies! Well I decided to start a journal! I figured this would be a great way for me to keep everyone updated and to just vent about TTC and life itself.

OK so I will start with me! My name is JoLina and I am 23. I will be 24 december 29th! My DH is Jason and he is 32. We have been together for about 3 and a half years and we have been married for a little over a year now, We got married August 28, 2010. DH and I have no children yet so were TTC our first!

Since we have been together, DH and I have wanted childern. I was on BCP's for 4 or 5 years. We were not using any other BC method so we were NTNP basicly. I came off of BCP's in Febuary 2011 and we had decided to NTNP. That lasted about 2 months because I was about to graduate college to become a veterinary technician and I didnt want to have to take a year off then go back and finish school so we used another form of BC.

Once I graduated college in June 2011, we talked about when to start TTC. We didnt decide on anything yet so we were offically NTNP.

Then in September 2011 we decided to offically start TTC!

Cycle 1: CD 1 was august 27
our first cycle of TTC was crazy! We didn't know anything really about TTC so that first cycle was pretty much trying to learn the ropes. That is when I joined JM! Well needless to say that cycle was unsuccessfull and I was defentaly upset about that and so was DH but we decided to keep our heads up and keep trying! We had been told by a lot of people that it can take awhile when you first start TTC expecially learning your cycle.

Cycle 2: CD 1 was sept 22
Well now at this point I had gathered up quite a bit of information about TTC. I have been charting my cycle (mainly AF days) for like 6 years or so, so chating the rest of my cycle wasent to hard to catch onto lol. I also started using OPK's this cycle. I used the OPK for 3 days untill we got a pos back. My first pos OPK was on october 3. so got our BDing on and well needless to say that was unsuccessful as well.

Cycle 3: CD 1 was oct 17
I was really suprized when AF came because she was 3 days eairly! That quickly turned to anger. So now I am on CD 11 and waiting to O. That should be within the next2-3 days I'm guessing based off of my O last cycle. We have had a lot of stuff going on so I have been trying to decide if I want to keep using my OPK's and TTC or if I wanna just take a little break. So as of right now I decided to keep TTC but just go natural with it and not use my OPK's this month....... I'm not sure how long that is going to last lol

Well that is the main stuff on my TTC #1 journey so far!

October 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
So glad you started a journal, JoLina. It's such a great way to document your journey and, as you said, just vent when you need to. I look forward to reading your updates, though I hope it's a short-lived journal.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 27th, 2011, 04:59 PM
HA HA thanks Adrienne! I just read yours as well and hopefully both of our journals dont last to long!

October 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM
CD 11

Well I have been thinking about it and I changed my mind....... That lasted real long lol. But I decided to keep using my opk's starting tonight! I had a feeling that wasen't going to last very long. But like I have been told by a few girls already, once I do get pregnant I still have 9 months to get things together!

So now Rant time! I'm just so excited and I can't wait to be a mom! I have wanted childern since I was in high school... I know great timing huh lol. But I have been thinking about kids and babys and all the joys and duties involved. I have been designing the nursery and picking out names and breastfeeding and dr. visits and all that stuff. So ya I just want to be a mom and I can't wait.

Well thats enough for now and I will let you know the results of my first OPK for this cycle!

October 28th, 2011, 03:32 PM
CD 12

Well last night I ended up having a lot going so I didn't get the chance to use an OPK. I will be that that here in just a bit! I woke up today not feeling to good so I went back to bed for a few hours and I'm feeling a lot better now. Just had some snuffles, sneezing and some aches and pains. Other than that hopefully today will end a good day!

October 28th, 2011, 03:50 PM
You got a siggy! Yay!

October 28th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I know!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!

October 29th, 2011, 01:44 PM
CD 13

So I finally used an OPK last night and it was Negative. So I am testing again tonight. I couldn't sleep last night to save my life either! I have no idea why but hopefully tonight I will sleep well! DH and my daddy are working on my car, it's my thermostate or something there thinking so thats a joy! Well thats about it for now!

October 30th, 2011, 06:08 PM
CD 14

I took another OPK yesterday and it was negative again. I'm stsrting wonder if maybe I have already O'd or if its just running a little late this cycle. I sure hope I didn't miss it! If so that would not be very fun and I will be quite mad at myself! I haven't had any other symptoms yet or signs of O yet. Well I guess I just gotta sit back and see what happens!

We went out lastnight with one of DH coworkers and his wife. It was fun but we went to an area where its pretty much just college students so I felt a little out of place I guess. We ended up leaving at like 11:20pm ish. I feel like the married couple that never goes out now! Well thats about it right now with my crazy life!

October 30th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2bee View Post
CD 14I feel like the married couple that never goes out now! Well thats about it right now with my crazy life!
You're just easing into what life is going to be like once you have a baby.

I'm sure you haven't missed your surge yet. That's the great thing about OPKs and charting. You will figure out the length of you luteal phase, and it will take the guessing out of when to really get your BD schedule right.

October 30th, 2011, 07:32 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
yay new journal!!!

If you've not charted before, it could take a while to understand where you fall with everything (how long your cycle is, when you O, etc...). You can get some cheap OPK's from Amazon for a great price!

anyways - !!!

TTC for too darn long...4 years...Started March 2010
February 2014 - IVF #3 - blighted ovum
Life sucks.

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility

Last edited by IndyMommyWannabe; October 30th, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
October 31st, 2011, 02:22 PM
thanks girls lol and I have been getting my OPK's from wally world (wal-mart). And with the whole being the couple that never goes out, I know it will be different when a baby comes and I would rather stay at home with my baby.

CD- 14

Well I tested with another OPK last night and it was positive! So we have been BDing for the past 2 days so for and were planning on keeping it up for another 2-3 days. Still havent had any symptoms of Oing yet but today I have been a little nauseus. Well thats about it with the TTC part anyways lol and I think were now just about in the dreaded TWW!

October 31st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Congrats on *almost* being in the 2WW. Yay!

October 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
yay for the 2ww!!!

TTC for too darn long...4 years...Started March 2010
February 2014 - IVF #3 - blighted ovum
Life sucks.

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
November 1st, 2011, 04:37 AM
CD- 15

Well I feel stupid now lol I took another OPK last night and it was positive! But I relized that I read the OPK from the other day backwords ha ha! So it was actually negitave! go me and my dumbness lol. Well we have been BDing for the past couple of nights so I guess we will see soon! Thats about it for now!

November 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM
MillerMom2b's Avatar Veteran
Hahah...that sounds like something I would do! To cute!

Thank You Claire1979 for by beautiful Siggy!

November 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM
JoLina, since you've been BD anyway, I guess it really doesn't matter. At least you figured it out, though.

November 2nd, 2011, 05:26 PM
HA HA I know! At least I figured it out tho... mainly for my charts.

CD- 17

So now everybody knows about my little dumb moment lol. I had this like twinge pain thingy on my right lower abdomen..... I'm wondering if it was an ovulation pain! That would be exciting! Other than that things are good and now I'm just waiting!

I was finally able to get my car fixed yesterday too so thats a huge weight off my shoulders! And thankfully it didn't cost too much! I had to get a diagnostic done on it first and that was the most expense part! But oh well I don't care anymore as long as it is fixed and I know DH feels the same!!!!

Also I have some hopeful good news on the job search front! I got a call today from one of the places I applyed to! it's not a vet tech job unfortunatlly but for right now it's a job! I applyed to a few places places for the holiday season since a lot of people are hiring seasonal positions. But anywho I have to call her back tomorrow so wish me luck girls!!!! I sure can use it!

November 2nd, 2011, 05:49 PM
Wishing you lots of luck on the job! (And on catching that eggie.) Keep us posted!

November 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
CD 18

Well I'm guessing I O'ed on the first based from last month and my OPK's. I don't take my BBT so I don't really know exactly when. I'm thinking of getting a BBTT and start temping next month but I know how I am and I would forget and probaly mess it all up! But i'm guessing I'm about 2 DPO and I have about 9-10 ish days untill testing. I'm still trying to decide if I want to test or just wait for AF. I know if its a BFN I will just become very sad and I don't know if I want to tortchure myself like that. If AF is late tho then I will defentaly test!

I have 2 job interviews tomorrow and I made a post about all that confusion on the board. DH has to go play army this weekend and he leaves tomorrow morning and I wont see him untill sunday! I'm not looking foward to that! I also have to go play army this weekend as well so at least I'll be busy as well I guess. I guess thats about it right now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search