Belita's Journal - TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree35Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cycle #1 - CD5
I hope I get a BFP soon, but thought I'd start a journal anyways.

I'm elated that we're TTC this cycle, but I'm also nervous. I'm afraid that it'll be difficult to get pregnant, I'm afraid I'll miscarry, and I'm afraid we'll be infertile.

I think I've been doing too much reading. I've read about how to increase your chances of getting pregnant, but along with that comes things that can hinder your chances of getting pregnant. DH loves his alcohol, caffeine, and (much to my dismay) pot. He's cutting way back on the alcohol and quitting the weed, but is keeping his caffeine habit. I'm worried about his swimmers. I'm also afraid of having difficulty coming off the pill. Looking back, I've noticed signs of fertility when I've been late taking pills, and my cycles have been regular (even though I think longer than the average 28 days), but I'm worried about a short LP, not ovulating, etc...

I'm trying so hard not to worry and just focus on being happy and excited. I'm more happy and excited than anything, but these thought sneak into my mind from time to time. I know about the power of positive thinking and I'm trying really hard to think positively.

Most of all, I'm thinking little thoughts like "I hope we get pregnant in time to tell families at Christmas," "Maybe this time next year we'll have a little baby to celebrate Christmas with," and "Holy cow is allergy season going to stink this year!"

I think I need to take a break from reading books and articles about conceiving for a bit.

November 27th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Yay... another journal to stalk!

I'm glad you started one, Belita, but I also hope it's short-lived and you'll get your BFP soon.

As for worrying, well I know it's easier said than done, but worrying and stressing are surefire ways of decreasing your conception chances. So try to keep the negative thoughts at bay and push those positive thoughts forward. You most likely have nothing to worry about... but there's definitely no sense in worrying until there's something concrete.

I think laying off all the reading will be a great thing. It sounds like you've prepared a lot, and you and DH are doing a lot to increase your chances. So try to have fun. It really is such an exciting thing, and you have no reason to believe that it won't happen quickly for you.

Best of luck, and I look forward to following your journey.

November 27th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks! This seems like a very positive board so far so I'm hoping that helps keep me positive!

November 27th, 2011, 08:23 PM
This is an amazingly positive board! It's smaller than some of the other boards and a really tight-knit community. I'll be chart stalking you.

November 28th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Cycle #1 - CD6

My BBT was MUCH lower this morning than yesterday morning, almost a full F and I only temped 25 minutes earlier today than yesterday. I actually temped twice this morning, once at 6am and got 97.3F an again at 6:35am and got 97.5F. I think my temp yesterday was so much higher because I had to get up to use the bathroom at 3:30am and set my alarm to temp for 7am.

I'm not really sure when to start OPKing. I'm trying three different charting sites, TCIYF, FF, and Pink Pad (PP) to see which I like best and PP says it expects my fertile days to be 12/2-12/8. This is my first month charting, so I know that's just a very rough guess, but I think I might start start testing with the OPK on the 2nd since I don't know how my body does the fertile period and I want to have as much information as possible.

I'm trying to enjoy my last few days of pre-TTC freedom!

November 28th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I think that's a good idea to start using OPKs on the 2nd. Since you don't know what to expect yet, the earlier the better the first cycle. And FYI, my temps are often higher during AF and then drop right after, so that's probably partially what's going on with you. Enjoy your last few days of non-TTC.

November 28th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Good to know!

November 29th, 2011, 07:27 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Yay another journal to stalk
When we started TTC I put a lot of pressure on the first month and like you I did a ton of reading/researching and was already overthinking it. It's easier said than done, but try and relax a bit and enjoy this exciting time and all the fun that comes with TTC Hope your BFP comes nice and quickly!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

November 29th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks, Katie!

November 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Cycle #1 - CD 7

My tickers are so weird. They are saying I'm on CD6 and been married 4 weeks 1 day, but it's been 4 weeks 2 days and I'm on CD7.

Anyways, my temp spiked back up today. I often run a low-grade fever so I'm wondering if that's what it is. I started noticing sticky CM today so decided to start taking the OPKs today so I can start learning more about my cycle and also get used to them. I took two today to make sure I did it right. They both came back negative, but I was expecting that. They both had the control line, so that's good!

Tomorrow is our one month anniversary so DH and I are going out to dinner! I can't wait to have that time together before going into full baby-making mode.

I'm feeling a lot better now that I've been avoiding reading about conceiving. I was interviewed for a video by Heinemann (a big education publishing company) for a reading intervention program. That made me so nervous, but I think it went well! It was an honor to be asked and it'll be good on my resume!

I'm starting to really get my hopes up about our chances this month. I think we're doing everything we possibly can (within reason) and I'm very hopeful. I'm trying to push the negative thoughts from my mind as soon as they come in because I know the positive thoughts are best for conceiving and the little love bug we are trying to create.

November 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Regular
Hi, new on here today, but I keep thinking the same thing! I hope we can have a special Christmas present for everyone! Then I try and bring myself to reality without being too negative.
November 30th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Glad I"m not alone!

December 1st, 2011, 04:25 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
Glad you're feeling positive and optimistic! I know we're all wishing you the best!

I'm glad a break from research has been helping you. I'm in the exact same boat! I call it The Boat of Beneficial Distraction.

You're doing everything you can, and I really hope it pays off soon!
December 1st, 2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks Hope!

Cycle #1 - CD 9

I had a faint line on my OPK today, but I know that is still considered negative. No fertile CM but my predicted fertile period starts tomorrow so it might come soon. I really have no idea, though since this is my first cycle off the pill! I feel hopeful it'll come soon since I had the faint line. It feels so nice, but weird to be TRYING to get pregnant instead of avoiding it!

Last edited by Belita; December 1st, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
December 4th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Cycle #1 - CD 12

So, I got a positive OPK on Friday. We BD Friday, yesterday and will again today. TCOYF and Pink Pad both say I ovulated (PP says Friday, TCOYF says yesterday) but FF says I haven't yet. 2/3 charts agree I ovulated so go with that? I want to see FF say I ovulated, though. Maybe FF will show O tomorrow since it seems I only get one chart saying O per day?

I know it's way too early for symptoms if I am pregnant, but my boobs are so heavy and tender today. It started last night. It's really weird for that to happen for me at this time of the month. Actually, I can't remember the last time my breasts felt this heavy. I'm trying not to think about it, though, since it is way too early for any of this to be a symptom (I think)

I've never understood how women who just started TTC can get jealous of people who conceive, especially if that other person has been TTC for a while. I understand now. I love this little love bug to be so much already. I'm trying not to get my hopes up since it's just the first month, but it's so hard not to. I was laying in bed this morning with a hand laying over my belly hoping there is a baby starting to grow in there. TTC is such an emotional journey already, I don't know how people who have to try for a while do it.

At least I'm feeling positive about everything and not worrying too much! Big difference from when I first started this journal!

December 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
I feel the same way. I'm "not getting my hopes up" in the sense that I understand realistically it may not happen right away, and that's OK. On the other hand, I really want it to! I find myself just treating my body differently now, and often "willing" it to make a baby...
December 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Glad I'm not the only one!

December 6th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Cycle #1 - CD 14 - 3DPO

I have my FF crosshairs and my egg in a nest on TCOYF for Saturday!!! I'm so excited!

I was talking to my best friend last night about how I've been feeling and it's so weird. My breasts are still sore and when I got home today I all of a sudden felt really dizzy. I've been so worried all this time about our chances of conceiving and all of a sudden this weekend I've stopped worrying about it and have just felt really positive about our chances this month. I usually love to eat chocolate and sweets, but I've been wanting more savory items. I was allowing myself one can of Pepsi at lunch yesterday and I just couldn't bring myself to drink it. I just feel different. I don't know how to explain it, but I just feel like this is our month.

I know it's way too early to be pregnancy symptoms, and I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I just feel so positive about things this month!

December 6th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Yay for crosshairs! I hope this "different" feeling you have ends up being a BFP feeling.

December 7th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Cycle #1 - CD 15 - 4 DPO

I feel like crying. I know it's silly, but I updated my TCOYF chart just now for today's temp and it changed my O date to Sunday, which puts me 3 DPO on their calculations. I'm not quite sure why it changed like that. I know we still have a good chance either way, but we didn't BD on Sunday because we were both so tired and now I am confused. I'm still so positive about our chances this month, but I'm just thrown off from this change. I don't understand why it makes me feel like crying.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search