Jens TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree223Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'm so glad that you are home and recovering! I'm glad that the surgery went well! Take all the time that you need to return to the boards. We'll all be thinking of you!!!! XOXO

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

October 5th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD18 - 3 Days post op

I had surgery on Tuesday (2nd October), I was admitted to the ward at 12.30 and was first on the theatre list I answered boring questions from my surgeon, his registrar and the anaesthesiologist. They made me pee in a cup to do a pg test

I was taken upto theatre at about 1.45pm and i remember waking up in recovery at 3.40, I got down to the ward at about 4pm. We were home for 6pm!

Feedback from my surgeon was that he was able to open up my tube and that he had found I had some adhesions on the right side of my pelvis which meant my tube was stuck to the side - hence the blockage. he'd freed up the adhesions and said my tube looked ok so i got to keep it! he said I did have one cyst on my right ovary but it wasnt anything to be concerned about. He also looked over my left side tube/ovary and they looked fine.

I do have an increased risk of an ectopic pregnancy because of the adhesions/surgery and I have been told that as soon as i get a BFP i need to let my GP know so they can arrange an u/s as early as possible (as soon as there is something to see) to check its in the right place.

Next steps are that we can carry on TTC from my next cycle and i've got an appoitnment with my surgeon on the 6th Nov to discuss further. However the reality is we cannot move onto IUI (which is the next logical step) until I loose some more weight and get my BMI down to 30. So thats my plan for the next month or so...I have about 10/11lbs left to loose so I'll try and loose as much as i can before my appt.

I'm now 3 days post op, feeling generally fine although my belly is a little sore. I have 3 port sites - 1 in my belly button, 1 on the left side of my abdomen and 1 down low right where my belly meets the pubic region. I have 2 stitches in them (as far as I can see as I cant see the one in my belly button) and they're dissolvable so should be gone in 10-14 days.

Emotionally, i'm so pleased that I still have 2 tubes and that we dont have to miss another cycle TTC. this is cycle #15 and I still have a chance of being pg by christmas...oh what i would give to be pg by christmas...

So i'm doing ok, a bit sore but nothing paracetamol cant deal with and i just cant wait to get the cycle over and done with. I'm pretty sure I O'd monday/tuesday as my C went from Watery/EWCM to creamy so I think i'm in the 2ww..i cant wait till its over!

Thanks for all the T&P's and well wishes ladies...they mean alot

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 5th, 2012, 08:36 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'm so glad your surgery went well, along with the resulting outcome. Keep up the great work getting your weight where you need it to be...you've been on such a roll, I'm sure you'll keep it going! I'm very pleased that they were able to get you all fixed up in there!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
October 7th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD21 - 5 Days post op

I've been feeling better each day this week and now it doesnt even feel uncomfortable when I cough or laugh or sneeze (this was really painful at times lol). The only thing bothering me now are the stitches themselves and the port site near my bikini line - its in such an akward place and makes wearing underwear a challenge - its been big knickers all the way this week

I'm pleased with how my recovery is going though and will be back at work tomorrow, although I will be taking it easy next week.

I've decided to start taking RRL capsules next cycle - i figure it cant hurt. i'm so hopeful that cycle #16 will be it for us and already getting my hopes up. Its gonna be a tough month to get over if AF shows her ugly head. but currently im feeling positive, first month with two tubes fully functioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I'm so glad your surgery went well, along with the resulting outcome. Keep up the great work getting your weight where you need it to be...you've been on such a roll, I'm sure you'll keep it going! I'm very pleased that they were able to get you all fixed up in there!

Thanks Karin, I've been trying to be good this week with my diet, which was more difficult with rob doing more cooking than he usually would but he's done his best. I sneakily weighed myself this morning and it was looking good but my scales are different to those used at WW so i will know for sure how ive done tomorrow evening. Fx'd!

October 7th, 2012, 06:14 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Glad to hear you've healed quickly! How great that you now have 2 functioning tubes
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
October 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better day by day!
October 9th, 2012, 05:21 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I'm so glad the surgery went well Hoping this is all you need for your BFP and you don't have to worry about next steps!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 9th, 2012, 06:59 AM
I know that you are going to lose that weight Jen!!! I lost over 40 lbs on WW, so I know that you can do it too!!!! I have about 5 lbs or so to go to my first goal weight (in the normal BMI range). What helped me is just focusing on that baby! When I am tired or generally unmotivated I tell myself that without losing weight I won't be able to get pregnant and that motivates me to push myself even more!!!

Also, I have an online membership and go to the meetings, so if you ever need ww recipes (if you don't have online access), let me know! XOXO

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 11th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD25

So i had to go get some antibiotics today, i think one of my port sites is infected :-( so i started them this evening, hopefully thatll be all i need!

October 11th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, sorry to hear about the possible infection Hopefully it'll clear up quickly for you!
October 11th, 2012, 03:39 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
October 11th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Boo. Sorry to hear about the infected site. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear that up fast!
October 12th, 2012, 05:15 AM
So sorry Jen! I hope the antibiotics clear out the infection fast! Feel better soon!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 12th, 2012, 06:21 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Boo for infection! Here's hoping the antibiotics clear it up super fast!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 12th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD26

My belly button (i think thats the one thats infected) is more sore today so i made an appointment to see the duty GP this afternoon. It has been my first day back inspecting at work today (back at work since monday but doing desk based work) so i dont know if thats why but i dont want to take any chances and end up having to go to a&e over the weekend plus the GP i spoke with yesterday said the antibiotics should make a difference quickly so to ring in today if it was even a little bit worse

Not much planned for this weekend luckily, we have an appt to see another wedding venue tomorrow at 10.30 which is always fun! other than that not much else apart from popping to the jewellery shop where rob got my engagement ring from, it really needs re-sizing at this point with my weight -loss. im just not looking forward to being without it for a few days

October 12th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I hope you feel better soon! I've had chipped diamonds replaced in my eternity wedding band and I felt the same way. I went 6 weeks without my wedding ring. I still had my engagement ring, but my finger felt so naked without the other band! Just think, when you get your ring back, you won't have to worry about it sliding off your finger!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I also had to be without my engagement ring for a few weeks...right before the wedding! I hated it! I felt so naked!

Hope the antibiotics start to get to work soon!
October 12th, 2012, 09:39 AM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
I hope the antibiotics work, and that your visit today only reassured you that nothing is wrong.

And congrats on the ring sizing. I had my band and engagement ring fused after the wedding and I HATED being without them for nearly 3 weeks. Hank teased me that I wasn't wearing my ring, so I must not be married.

Me: 40, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (Dec, 2013 - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

TTC for roughly 2 years now with no hint of success.

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids present, endometriosis suspected
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014
CD 3 - 7: Clomid
CD 14: Post-Coital test (cervical cells look great, no sperm present)
CD 16: Ovulation
CD 21: Progesterone @ 12.0
CD 28: Ultrasound to check for evidence of O - present. Also determined fibroids are relatively small. Also the presence of endo is undetermined.

Waiting for AF, or + HPT for Cycle 1!

October 15th, 2012, 12:44 PM
How are you feeling?

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 16th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD3

So i ended up having a really busy weekend, but first my appt on friday. The doc i saw prescribed me some cream to use as well as the antibiotics. i have to apply it twice a day. I have been using it since then and its sooo much better, its not sore and the weeping is loads better so fingers crossed that between the antibiotics and cream itll be all better soon!

My weekend - saturday morning we had our appt at the wedding venue it was so beautiful and welcoming, my favourite favourite place yet! this is their website:
Whitley Hall Hotel, Luxury Hotel near Sheffield

we got a quote whilst we were there and its actually quite affordable Rob loved it too and i *think* this is gonna be THE ONE! we're headed back this coming sunday to ask a few questions we thought of and to have dinner there (need to check out the food!)

After that we went to a couple of tile shops to look for some bathroom tiles, we found a few we liked and ordered some samples so we can take a look at how they look in our bathroom. i got a phonecall yesterday to say theyd come in so we can go pick them up whenever we can get to their shop, which will probably be this weekend.

after such a long day i was tired and my stitches were sore so i stayed in for the evening and veged on the sofa and rob went to his friends house for a few drinks.

Sunday we went to go get my ring re-sized im not going to get it back until at least the 24th Oct so I have such a LOOOOONG time without it! my finger feels naked...

We then decided to go look at new cars i got my current car after an accident in october 2011 and have never quite grown into it so i've been wanting to swap it for a while now. I found a car i loved at the show room - its a renault megane in ruby red! i need to sort a few things out with my car first and try and sell it privately cos we'll likely get more money for it that way than part exchanging it at the store. but for finding a car i like!

Sunday evening we went up to see rob's parents and chatted with them for a few hours.

That was my weekend...pretty busy as weekends go but got loads done so thats the main thing! oh yes and AF made her arrival on sunday - yay for #16!

WW update from yesterday: seen as AF only arrived sunday evening i wasnt expecting the scales to show much improvement as i get really bloated at the start of my cycles. but i lost 1lb! that meant i got to my 10% weightloss from when i started woop woop! really pleased but wish it had been more..hopefully the bloat was hiding more weightloss and itll show next week instead...only a few more weeks till my hospital appt on the 6th nov and i REALLY want to have reached a BMI of 30 by then so we can talk IUI

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search