Jens TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree223Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'm glad that you are feeling better and that the medication is helping! It looks like you had a busy and productive weekend.

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I have the same issue, I always bloat right before AF arrives! But still a 1 lb weight loss, that is awesome!

Whitley Hall Hotel looks gorgeous!!!! I'm glad that it's afordable as it looks expensive! So for you!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

October 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
That venue looks amazing! I really hope you get it all sorted out this weekend...that would be fabulous!

I'm so glad you are feeling better and that the new meds are helping. That will be a big relief to have that all healed up for sure.

My fingers are crossed for your weight loss! You have been doing so great! x
October 17th, 2012, 07:52 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Yeah. That venue looks awesome! Looks like a great spot to get married, glad it's afforable as well.

Great job on the weight loss by the way. You've done an awesome job!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 17th, 2012, 10:16 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Congrats on the weight loss! You are doing amazing!!! I hope you get to your goal soon!!!

I love the venue! Beautiful....it looks like you would be able to get some amazing pictures too!
October 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
So excited for you for the wedding, Jen. That venue is wonderful and beautiful! I love the double staircase, and as I had a Christmas-themed wedding, I would have LOVED to have it there with the Christmas trees and snow.

Keep up the good work on your weight loss, too. I know you can reach your goal to do IUI!

Me: 40, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (8 months ago - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

TTC for roughly 2 years now with no hint of success thus far.

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids and endometriosis evidence present
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014
CD 3 - 7: Clomid
CD 14: Post-Coital test (cervical cells look great, no sperm present)
CD 16: Ovulation
CD 21: Progesterone @ 12.0
CD 28: Ultrasound to check for...? Not sure at this point.

October 20th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies... you guys are so amazing best cheer leaders EVER!!!

CD7

I finished my antibiotics on thursday and i'm pretty much all better! my site in my belly button is still healing but thats pretty normal for 3 wks post op so im really happy, gotta love my GPs for sorting me out so quickly!

I'm so excited for this cycle, CD7 and i just wana O already, I plan on trying for Bding every day from CD10 until ff confirms O but we'll see how DFs work schedule fits with that. either way im throwing everything at our BFP this month!

Im also really looking forward to our appt with the doc on the 6th november, FXd ill have lost the weight by then and my BMI will be where it needs to be so we can talk about moving onto IUI. I will probably be early on in the 2ww by the time of our appt so i cant see why we cant plan for IUI the following (if i dont get a BFP this cycle that is ). me and DF have spoken about it and if the doc isnt keen on moving forward and wants us to try abit longer then we're going to ask about private IUI, i've done a bit of research and it should be affordable and at this point, its worth it!

Wedding-wise, we're off back to Whitly Hall tomorrow and im looking forward to it, were going for lunch and my mum and sister are joining us. fingerscrossed it all goes smoothly and the food is yummy!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 22nd, 2012, 05:42 AM
How was your visit to Whitly Hall this weekend? Did your mum and sister like it as much as you did?

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 22nd, 2012, 07:13 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Hope it all went well and that the food was delish!

I don't know anything about private IUI (I don't think we have that here). What does that entail? Hopefully neither of us need IUI, but if we have to, it looks like there is a chance we're doing it right around the same time!

October 22nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD9

Nicholle our trip to Whitley Hall went well, apart from the fact that the wedding person we were meant to be seeing to ask a few more questions rang in sick! this meant we spoke with the duty manager who wasnt able to answer our questions so we have to wait for a wedding person to get back to us...However the food was amazing, I had turkey and DF had pork, both were lovely, so yummy. my mum and sister both loved the venue too... My mum was a bit of a PITA but nothing usual there so me and my sister coped lol!

Katie I call it private IUI as our healthcare here is generally on the NHS i.e. free. Where i live you can get 5 cycles of IUI and 1 cycle of IVF on the NHS but you have to meet certain criteria (BMI, age etc) to qualify. plus the treatments are very much led by the doctor. However you can pay to have treatment outside of the NHS, i.e. privately. this would be completely out of pocket for us and not alot of people have this sort of care in the UK but it does exist, plus this way the treatment would very much be led by us as we would be paying. I hope this makes sense??

I'm pretty annoyed this evening, I just went to my WW meeting and I didnt loose any weight this last week this really isnt what i need with my appt with the consultant coming up on the 6th November, i really need to get my BMI down to 30 to stand a chance of him agreeing to do an IUI before christmas. I can only think that i wasnt as good with my portion control last week, i did plenty of exercise and i dont think i ate too bad, mustve been the portions...grrr...MUST DO BETTER THIS WEEK! its the first week since ive been on WW that ive not lost any weight and am pretty upset about it, i have a lot of pressure on myself right now to get down to BMI30 and seem to have done well up to this point but i cant let myself down now after all my hard work, plus i dont want to let rob down either. anyway enough of that as im getting upset.

nothing much to report cycle wise, boring CD9, still hoping to do the every other day BDing from CD10 but shall see how it pans out with DF's work schedule

overall..feeling grumpy and annoyed at myself...crappy monday

October 22nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Sorry Jen about the lack of weight loss. Just remember that occasionally our bodies take time to show our work, meaning that you might have to wait until next week to see your weight loss. This has happened to me multiple times on WW. As a matter of fact, if I have a rough week I still typically show a loss or maintain and it's not until the following week do I see the maintain or the gain!

Also, you may be at the point where you need to switch up your foods--meal size, number of meals, different foods--or your exercise. For months I was able to easily lose weight doing the same things or only implementing some slight modifications. Well in March of this year, I plateaued. To continue losing weight I need to stop eating prepared meals and work out at least 6 days a week, for at least 40 minutes each day. It stinks, but the smaller you get, the more you have to do to lose weight.

Keep working it and switch things up if you can. Next week, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised and relieved!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 22nd, 2012, 07:16 PM
mrsEuphoria1's Avatar Veteran
Had a lot to catch up on But grats on wedding plans! I love the hall! Before we got married a trick I did to lose some of the weight was I bought smaller plates...I always feel guilty about not cleaning them so it helped with portion sizes! Crossing my fingers you get your bfp this month though and that you the df find lots of time!
October 23rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
You've been doing so well, I'm sure you just hit a bit of a plateau and you'll be over it in no time!

That's nice that there's at least the option of doing your own thing, even if you have to pay for it. And you'd still have your 5 'free' chances too if you needed them later.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
October 24th, 2012, 01:46 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad you really liked the venue and the food!!!!

I'm sorry about you not losing any weight this week. It isn't uncommon to have a week with no loss after doing so well. Like Jenny said maybe you hit a little plateau or maybe just an off week. I'm not sure what you do for your workouts and diet but a little advice is change up your workouts if you haven't or try to do your works out for 5 mins longer than you have been that should help.

Good luck this next week! You can do it!
October 24th, 2012, 06:14 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
CD9 Katie I call it private IUI as our healthcare here is generally on the NHS i.e. free. Where i live you can get 5 cycles of IUI and 1 cycle of IVF on the NHS but you have to meet certain criteria (BMI, age etc) to qualify. plus the treatments are very much led by the doctor. However you can pay to have treatment outside of the NHS, i.e. privately. this would be completely out of pocket for us and not alot of people have this sort of care in the UK but it does exist, plus this way the treatment would very much be led by us as we would be paying. I hope this makes sense??
Yup, that makes sense! I hope the private isn't too expensive. Or even better, I hope you can convince your doctor to move forward with IUI though and not have to pay anything! That would be sweet if you could take advance of the benefits of the NHS.

October 25th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the support about my diet ladies...i kind of never expected a plateau but it really does make sense. This week i've been really strict with portion sizes and tracking points, thinking about it i had got a bit lazy with tracking points these last couple of weeks so maybe that explains it!

Katie - yep it would be good to have the 5 IUI's left to use even if we do go private

CD12

Short update today, i think i'm gearing up to O - yep CD12, very early for me. I'm had some watery / almost EWCM today which made me I took an OPK and there was a line there, albeit not positive but still...BDing again tonight yep yep!

Me and Rob had a talk tonight and I'm going to make a call to the private fertility place next week to get some more info about going that route for IUI, so that at least by my appt on the 6th, we'll be as informed as we can be about the procedural / process side of things and costs. i'm quite excited to do this and really want to try get in at least 1 IUI in before christmas

October 29th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Can't wait to read your weekend update! I loved wedding planning and particularly, shopping for my wedding dress! I hope you had a lovely weekend!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD16 ?1DPO

I've got loads to update on as i've had a busy few days so i thought id split it into ttc and non ttc news

TTC
I think im about 1DPO right now, i *think* I Od late saturday night or maybe sunday morning, just waiting for FF to confirm. its early for me but im pleased as it gets my 2ww under way! The other thing thats different is the lack of cramping this month when i O'd, up until before my surgery i had really nasty cramps on my right side about when i was ready to O, clearly this was the adhesions pulling when my ovary swelled but since these were freed during my surgery it seems to have fixed them!

In my previous post i mentioned about contacting the local private fertiluty clinic about IUI, well i actually got chance to do that friday. Low down is - its much more than we expected, probably about 1k+ per cycle ALSO they cant fit me in for an appointment until the middle of november, by which time i'll be in my next cycle and then would have to wait till my december cycle to start AND then because theyre closed christmas day and boxing day and i might be Oing around then, theyd want me to wait until my january cycle so yey...even paying out of pocket i wouldnt get to do any IUI until the new year ...which sucks...

i'm hoping that by my appt on the 6th nov, ill have lost the weight, or enough, for my doc to agree to do IUI next cycle I did loose 3lbs this week so only 3.5lbs left now

will come back to non-ttc news asap, need food!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

October 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm back - tea was yummy!

Non-TTC news (i.e. the fun stuff)

I managed to sell my car last week, a guy came to look at it thursday evening for his daughter and decided to take it , he left me some as a deposit and agreed to come back sunday to pick up and drop off the rest of the cash. I decided i wanted a new car a while ago so pretty much knew what i wanted! I got a 2010 plate Renault Megane, in Ruby Red, its a diesel and i LOVE it! I picked it up this afternoon and without going into the details the &^%$ woman at the car place was REALLY useless so it took AGES but I now have my car!!! its beautiful!

Wedding news!!
My friends came down in staggered groups over friday/saturday and also my sister joined us. We had an appointment in a dress shop at 1.30pm to look at wedding dresses for me and another at 3.30pm to look at bridesmaid dresses. I had a blast! Albeit my ribs and chest were so sore and painful yesterday (and still are a little bit today) from being trussed up and pulled about in corsets lol - my poor boobs! The first shop we went to was so amazing, the shop owner spent the entire 2 hours with us suggesting dressed and tying me in! When we first got there she got a bit of information from me about styles i liked or didnt like and then gave me 5 tags to go put on dresses in the store i wanted to try on! fun fun fun! this was harder than it sounds, but with the help (and pushing) of my 4 bridesmaids I picked 5 dresses! Then I got to try them on, at the begining when i had told the owner what i liked she said she had the perfect dress in mind for me but bet that i wouldnt pick it out myself! she was right! i got to try on the 5 dresses i picked first, one of which i really really liked (no pictures were allowed in the shop sorry so i cant share) and then she got me to try on the one she thought of - which i LOVED - add a long veil and an underskirt/hoop and PERFECT!! I really didnt want to take it off once i had it on i felt so special and couldnt get over how thin the corsets made me look lol! i also looked really tall as the dresses gave me a long silouette (being only 5'5 i loved this)

I did have the money with me to buy a dress if i had wanted to but i decided that i wanted to make sure the wedding was all set first before buying my dress. the owner was fine about this which i really appreciated as i dislike pushy sales people.

Oh and another thing about my perfect dress, i asked the owner lady (quietly, and out of earshot of the bridesmaids) about potential baby bumps throwing a spanner in the works. She said she could order me a dress a size bigger and book me in for a really late fitting if needed, plus she said because of the corset style back of the dress it would be really forgiving and good at hiding a bump if i needed to!

So i've found my dress! i was so surprised, i was feeling really anxious saturday morning cos i was worried i would feel fat and hate them all but apart from the sore boobs i loved it!

Onto our second appointment to look at bridesmaid dresses, the shop owner was really not very helpful or nice so i was pleased i hadnt gone there to look at wedding dresses. I need to mention that all my 4 bridesmaids are very different shapes and sizes so finding one style of dress to suit them all is going to be very interesting! I got everyone (bar my friend M who is currently pg and didnt want to do trying on) to try on MANY MANY different dress styles, so much fun playing dress up and just pointing out which ones i liked (including some not so nice ones for funnies ). We figured out what worked best and not so well so it was a kinda useful exercise but i definately didnt buy anything or see anything that i wanted to buy. Plus the dresses in the shop were really expensive and the prices didnt include any fitting or anything which wouldve been needed. Since then i've been thinking about maybe looking online for dresses as they seem to be cheaper and just sending them back if theyre no good. I've seen a few on ebay and etsy i like and even ordered 1 cheap one off ebay to see what its like - which should hopefully arrive this week.

overall a lovely weekend, plus i got to see my best girl friends. My 3 best friends who are bridesmaids and I all met at university in our first year and have been friends since. We're all very different and live all over the country so dont get to see eachother very often - maybe 2/3 times a year - but we speak on the phone alot and do group messages on facebook. i love spending time with them, i always feel so relaxed and happier for seeing them

Oh i forgot... On sunday Whitley Hall (our venue) had a wedding fayre on so we went for a drive up there to see the wedding co-ordinator and see what suppliers they had. It was well worth the trip! We got our last few questions answered and also found a real possibility for a lady to make our cake, I saw one i really liked and got to taste some samples of her cakes - the fruit cake and lemon cake were my faves! We also saw a string duo (basist and violinist) playing who were amazing so have added them to our 'spare money wishlist' incase we have the funds once all the more important bits have been bought and paid for!

As we've got all our questions answered, rob agreed that we could finally book the wedding so all i have to do first is book the registrar. I was going to do that today but because it took so long picking up my car I didnt get chance, and im busy with work tomorrow and wednesday, so i'll hopefully do it thursday! then we can all get booked! so so so excited I cant explain

October 29th, 2012, 03:13 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Wow, sounds like you had a FUN filled weekend! I'm so pleased you found your dress! I remember that experience, and though I was also really sore, I LOVED the trying on and playing dress up!

So exciting!!!!

(Sorry about the higher than expected IUI cost and poor timing).
October 29th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Sounds like such a great weekend! I'm so happy that you found your perfect dress! And again, Whitly Hall looks amazing! Love, love, love, wedding planning! I hope you continue to enjoy all of your fun plans and eventually we all would love to see pics of the dress! BTW, when is the big day? (Sorry if you posted this and I missed it)

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot