Jens TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree223Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

December 10th, 2012, 05:29 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Are you doing acupuncture all through your cycle, or just before O? I'm curious if other people are doing it the whole month, or just before O like me.

Starting the Clomid tomorrow?? Hope this is it for you

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

December 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies

Katie - i'm doing acupuncture the whole cycle, next apppointment is on the 12th dec, i dont have them too regularly at the moment, but that was becuase the lady's diary was busy rather than anything else. My first appt though was during the 2ww and she said she placed a needle to help with implantation?!

Yep starting the Clomid tomorrow - CD2! nervous but excited too

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

December 10th, 2012, 10:54 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
I'm doing it my whole cycle - that's partially because I'm doing it for general wellness/migraines, but I inform them of where I am in my cycle each time.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

December 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD3 - first Clomid cycle 50mg

I took my first clomid pill last night at 10pm, and luckily I slept fine! I was worried as id heard they can cause insomnia and i dont sleep particularly well anyway. Hopefully itll stay that way!

I went for my second acupuncture session this morning which I loved, as soon as i said i was starting clomid this cycle, she was like ill definately be able to help with side effects! yay! So i had a couple of differetn and extra needles this morning. It was so relaxing, i could have had a nap afterwards!

Even though im only CD3 today, AF seems to have left the builing and im only spotting, I vaguely recall seeing something on the TTCMA board about clomid affecting AF so i may pop back over there to look it up. otherwise, i will ask at our appointment at the fertility clinic this friday (was booked prior to me getting the ok to start clomid) but not really worried

nothing much else to report, manic work week this week as i'm on leave next week, i feel like i have loooooaddds to fit in, bit like superwoman lol!

December 16th, 2012, 05:48 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Yay for taking clomid and sleeping fine . Hopefully that continues!! this is your lucky cycle!!!
December 17th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cycle #18 - CD8 x-posted

As most of you know, DF and I had our first proper appointment at the fertility clinic last week. Although I did clomid this cycle, it was arranged over the phone whilst I was waiting for the appointment. After talking with the nurse at the appointment we have made a big decision about our next steps for TTC. We decided that after this current cycle, we are going to have a ttc break until next july/august when we will go straight in to start our IUI.

Again, as most of you know, we're getting married in November next year, getting married is important to us and we wanted to know that I'd be able to enjoy the wedding, not have to cancel the wedding or it not go right because i was 8/9mos pg. I had a full hip replacement at 21 and we have little idea of how my hip will do during pregnancy. also, you never know how its gonna go. As we're at the stage now of having MA we thought it would be easier and better for us to delay it for a few months before moving forward.

Its been a really difficult decision for us to make, as unless this cycle works, it probably means I wont be a mum and we wont be a family in 2013. Another whole year. However, as much as its a hard decision, we think its the right one for us right now.

We never EVER thought it would take this long to start our family (as i'm sure lots of people here will understand), and now the timeline is out. I'm a big planner and this will hopefully make it easier for us in the long run.

I just wanted to share where we are, as i'm likely to be more anxious/crazy this cycle as it has a lot of importance for us. If you read all of this and followed....thank you

December 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
HI hon...I already responded in your post on the main board, but I respect the difficulty of your decision, but I know that it was the right one for you. I have always been a fateist at heart, and everything will work out the way it was intended.

xx
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 06:33 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
That must have been a hard decision to make, but sounds like the right one for you guys. Sometimes it's hard - but things will work out right in the end. I like to tell myselt that my struggle means the reward will be even sweeter in the end - and I think that's the same for you!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Karin and Katie. In the back of my mind I'm wondering if something or somebody somewhere wants us to be married and a 'proper' family before becoming a mummy and daddy. I always said I wanted to be married before being a mum - maybe thats where fate is stepping in!

December 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I would not disagree at all. (Not about the being married thing, specifically, but that it's probably fates way of stepping in!)

I think some higher power, whatever/whoever that maybe, has a very specific plan in store for you!

x
Nicholle ttc and Jen@FirsAve like this.
December 26th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cycle # 18, CD17 / 4DPO - 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg

So 4DPO at only CD17, I O'd maybe 1 or 2 days earlier than usual for me and I suspect that is all down to the Clomid as I cant say its been a particularly relaxing week with all the prep for the holidays and then christmas & boxing day. Side effect wise apart from feeling a little yucky and nauseous whilst taking the pills, I was really really irritable and ready to rip someones head off the two days before I O'd. Since then my mood has been much better. Only IPS so far is REALLY sore nipples, ouchy!

Christmas, in general, went well - we had chance to see both lots of families (DF's and Mine), we went to DF's mums house in the morning, saw his sisters their partners and kids etc and had a small christmas lunch with them. Then in the afternoon we drove 45mins to my auntys house to see my family including sister, brother, mum, auntys uncles cousins and nan. We then had another christmas dinner with them in the evening It was a long day but worth it being able to see everyone. The only person we didnt see was my dad (parents are divorced) and we saw him today (boxing day so we're both still off work) for a couple of hours which was nice.

I only had one really sad about TTC moment christmas day, so sad I almost burst into tears in front of all my relatives. My mum is the only person who knows were TTC and even she doesnt know all the details. For those of you who dont know, I love sewing and enjoy doing projects using my sewing machine. My sister and brother bought me two sewing books for christmas, unfortunately one was sewing projects for babies. Now they said beforehand I shouldnt take it the wrong way and they explained it was because they knew some of my friends were having babies now and thought it would be nice to use to make them things. I get this, I really do and im not being ungrateful but ouch...that hurt. Now i have a book on my shelf with all these wonderful things I can make for babies. but not for me, for other people. Not sure if it will be staying on my shelf but we'll see.

I've spent the last couple of hours tidying up around the house as it looked like a tornado had been through with all our comings and goings the last couple of days. We're both back at work tomorrow so have two days to get through and then itll be the weekend.

I worked out that i'll be around 9DPO new years eve and still not sure whether I will want to test before then or not....but its definately on my mind that this is gonna be our last shot for a while and potentially my last shot at being a mum in 2013. So ye...no pressure

Anyway, gonna go and I need my bed, pooped from doing so much driving yesterday and today. (DF would usually drive but hes mysteriously lost his glasses somewhere in the house and cant drive in the dark without them!)

December 27th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Wow, so sorry about the sewing kit gift. I would be hurt too, even if it was unintentional. My Mom almost made me cry the other day. She said that she received a sweater from one of her friends that says something about being the best grandmother, it had three grandchildren on it. My sister is pregnant with her second and my mother said that hopefully the third one will be mine. I almost started crying then and there. Though, of course, I want this to be true, it's not right now and may not ever be. So, I totally get it. It hurts so much!

I'm glad that the rest of Christmas went pretty well. Sorry that you had to do all the driving. My DH did the majority of the driving this trip! Like you, I just have 2 days to get through this week and 4 days next week. DH doesn't go back to work until the 7th or 8th of January! I'm so jealous!

Hopefully this cycle is it for you! Again, I have everything crossed and hope that clomid does the trick this time!

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

December 29th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD20/ 7DPO Cycle #18 1st on Clomid 50mg

My crankiness has returned and my skin looks terrible.....

December 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Stupid clomid!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 2nd, 2013, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cd 24 / 11DPO

I have lousy temps and I'm pretty sure this cycle is a bust

First on Clomid, probably my last chance to have a baby in 2013 and our last TTC cycle until June. Taking it pretty hard

January 2nd, 2013, 06:18 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
So sorry Jen . I still have my fingers crossed fo ryou though!!

January 2nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
So sorry Jen! PM me if you want to talk!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 3rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
January 3rd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can sympathize with your decision. With my mom's health I wanted to TTC ASAP but we held off until after our wedding. Hopefully the break will result in you getting your BFP this summer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search