Jens TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree223Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 01:08 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm so so so excited for you, Jen!!!
May 19th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD26 / 12DPO

I've been very good this cycle and haven't poas yet. I think pms is kicking in though as ive been super hungry and bloated today and the biggest clue is that I got mad and cried to df earlier about socks...yep socks

Even though it will be sad if we don't get a bfp this cycle, our last natural cycle for a while. At least I know next cycle will be something different and a big step towards us becoming a mum and dad

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

May 19th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Nerd
Jen, I freak out about socks, too. Without pms. feel better soon. Your next cycle is really going to rock

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 19th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I've been super hungry today, too! I don't like super hungry days.
May 20th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
You know, those symptoms are pregnancy symptoms too. F/X'd that you get your BFP, but if you don't, you are moving in the right direction and will get your BFP in no time with MA! XOXO

And thank you for hosting solo last week while I recovered from surgery.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 20th, 2013, 07:34 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am amazed you havent tested yet I would be going nuts Ditto Nicholle - Fx for the BFP and if not you have a great plan for moving forward!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

May 20th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Ducking in with some fx'd for you Stalkin for an update
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
May 21st, 2013, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for stopping by ladies. AF ended up showing. These days, its about what I expect and that makes it much easier not testing.

CD1, Cycle #24 IUI cycle #1

AF finally showed her face this afternoon and being MIA last night & this morning. I think she just like to keep me guessing after these 20+ cycles! The witch! I'm currently having some horrible cramps but I had some yummy jam roly poly for tea which has helped

I am so excited to be finally starting our first IUI cycle. I start 50mg of clomid tomorrow. I called the fertility clinic today to let them know I was CD1. Hopefully they will call me back tomorrow with the details for when / where i'll have my first vaginal u/s scan on CD10. I've had one before when I was admitted to hospital with that intense abdo pain so I'm not worried about it.

We decided that we would tell our line managers at work about us starting MA this cycle. With all the appointments we'll be having, the majority of which will be at fairly short notice, we agreed it made sense that they knew and hoped they would bemore supportive. i spoke with my manager on thursday last week, she was so great about it all. She was genuinely excited for us and said I could take any time I needed, just to let her know whenever I could. She even asked about how I was feeling emotionally and whether I would be affected by any medicines or hormones I'd need to take. I explained about Clomid and the mood swings. I said i promised to do my best not to take them out on collagues or any of the annoying service providers we deal with. DF spoke with his manager yesterday, I so wish i'd been a fly on the wall during that conversation. In short, his manager is happy for him to take the time off which is the main thing. From what DF said though, it sounded like it was a really awkward man conversation :gigle: DF doesnt enjoy talking ttc at the best of times, never mind with his male boss!

I've been doing well with keeping busy this week, I've decided to redecorate our second bedroom. Which will eventually be the babies room. Until now its been a light green colour, as there is a dark green carpet in the room which was there when we moved in. I picked a more neutral colour, I cant think what its called right now but its a soft yellow pinky cream colour. Really pretty. And will go well with any other colours, such as pink or blue lol. I have one coat done on the entire room already so will hopefully have the painting done by the end of the week.

Wedding wise I've had a message to say the invites have been shipped with UPS. when I last checked on sunday they were in a depot in Chicago. I'm guessing they'll be at least another week or so before they arrive. I cant wait, I just hope they're good. I'm really nervous about it! Nothing much else going on, I'm still trying to find someone that will come and do my make up for my wedding day and also pick a hairdresser. I have found some styles I like which I have pinned on pinterest so now its just finding a hairdresse that will travel to the venue and dont cost a fortune!
SmilingSam likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
I'm so that IUI cycle is finally here!!!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

May 21st, 2013, 08:03 PM
Nerd
May is turning out to be such a good month for our board. yay for IUI! And how awesome is it that your boss is being so supportive? An angel in plain clothes.
momology likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 22nd, 2013, 07:04 AM
So excited for your IUI cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is great that you got the bosses on board too

I hope the wedding invitations are everything you hope for and you find the perfect hair and makeup person. I feel like stuff like that starts to fall in place as the big day gets closer.
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 08:40 AM
Super Mommy
I know I am new and all, but I am really excited about this cycle for you!!! I sympathize with your DF, those types of conversations are just awful when speaking with a man! lol. KUP!!!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
I'm really excited for your IUI, Jen! Fingers and toes crossed that it leads to a BFP!!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies

CD3 IUI cycle #1

I took my first Clomid pill last night, and woke up with a nasty migraine this morning. I'm hoping its nothing but a coincidence, I am / was tired and we did have a late bedtime. I am feeling a bit better now, thanks to paracetamol and more sleep. I called in sick for work though.

I have spoken with the fertility clinic this morning and have my CD10 scan booked for next thursday, the 30th, at 9.15am. I go to the scan department first, for a vaginal ultrasound, and then pop round to the fertility clinic to talk over the results and plan of action. DF says he wants to come with me, he says he wants to come to all the firsts even if he's not needed

I checked the tracking for the wedding invites this morning, they've made in from chicago to Ireland. Fingers crossed they'll be here soon!

May 23rd, 2013, 06:25 AM
Hopefully the migraine was just a fluke and I hope it goes away fast!

Invitations are on their way!!!!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:38 AM
so sweet DF wants to be there! Sending so much baby dust your way!!!!

May 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
Super Mommy
That is so sweet that DH wants to come with you to everything! What a good hubby! Hope you continue to feel better and have some fun since you already took off work.

May 24th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD4 IUI Cycle #1

No migraine this morning I'm feeling pretty good too, i'm guessing the Clomid nastiness just hasnt quite kicked in yet! FXd itll not get too bad!

May 24th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Fingers crossed that the migraine is the only symptom you'll get!
May 26th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD6, IUI Cycle #1

I'm still feeling pretty good. Other than maybe having a bit of a hot flush this morning, i'm not experiencing any symptoms from the Clomid yet. I take the last pill tonight. Part of me hopes to get some s/e cos at least I will know its working...stupid right...yeah I know

I'm so anxious for thursday, I just want it to get here already and get the IUI done. This waiting to O malarky when I have something exciting coming up seems to be taking forever!

On a non ttc note ...and a personal one...a very close friend of mine is having major surgery on tuesday. She's not really sick or anything, its a long and very personal story for her. We had a good chat thursday evening and she's doing ok in general but is very anxious and apprehensive. Im planning on goign to visit her next weekend. Hopefully she's only have to stay in hospital 1 or 2 days and will then go home with regular visits from district nurses. Anyway, the reason for me mentioning it is that anyone who comes across this, any positive thoughts / prayers would be more than appreciated on tuesday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search