Jens TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree223Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD15 - IUI day - IUI Cycle #1

Its done! Now just the fun waiting part...

DF went it at 8am this morning to give his sample, so we went for breakfast which is something we never really do and it was yummy. We went back to the clinic for 10am to have the IUI done. The nurses said DF's sample had washed well and we had about 15mil swimmers...they said that they want anything over 5mil so it sounds good but I will do some reading around to double check as DF seems to think they said between 10 - 20mil before...hmmm. either way, we had some good swimmers.

The procedure itself was pretty uncomfortable as my cervix didnt want to co-operate and kept going off centre. The speculum was cold (as usual ) but once she got my cervix into place, i didnt even feel the catheter or the swimmers going in. I've not had any spotting or anything since so thats good.

I stayed in the treatment room laid down for about 20mins after and then we made our way home. I've taken the day off today so i could lay around on the sofa doing nothing to encourage the swimmers. DF has gone back to work but he's promised to pop home for some BDing at around 7pm because he goes to a late meeting on a tuesday night that doesnt finish till around 2am and thats way too late for BDing when we have work tomorrow! So yeah..a quickie is on the cards this evening - whatever gets the job done (arent i right ladies lol) and then we'll BD again tomorrow as per the clinics advice.

They said even though my usual LP is 13 days it might be abit off so we wont know until 14 dpiui. like i'm gonna wait that long to test!

So far i'm having some cramping, but that very well could be from the evil speculum rather than anything exciting. DF had not seen one before and was like did it hurt? errrr..what do you think? lol

Just the waiting now ladies...its gonna be a long 2ww!
AshleyO and Boolajoojoo like this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 4th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Nerd
Jen, I'm so excited for you! I can't send enough dust your way
June 4th, 2013, 06:45 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad it went well!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the next two weeks pass quickly for you!!!!!!!!!! Everything is crossed and I am sending positive vibes and dust your way!!

Enjoy your day off and afternoon BD session

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 4th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Sounds very similar to my IUI! I'm so glad that it went well and that you are home resting and encouraging DH's swimmers! Sending you some additional sticky dust

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 4th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Super Mommy
I am just so, so excited for you!! Can the 14 days be over already?? lol

June 4th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Super Mommy
Sounds like everything went well!

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
June 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
This is one really exciting post!! I don't know how you can stand waiting that long!! I can't and I don't even know you IRL!

I think 15mil sounds like a lot. So adding BD on top of it --- wowsers!
June 4th, 2013, 09:35 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Sounds pretty much just like my IUI...even including the breakfast in between!

I canNOT wait for this 2ww to be over! (Even if I'm not posting, I'll be lurking for SURE!)

xx
AshleyO likes this.
June 5th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I'm aaaaaaaalways lurking My fx'd oh so hard.
June 5th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AAAHHH!!! Your impending 2WW is making me all anxious to see what is going to happen lol! I really hope this is it for you lady! SO glad to hear that all went well with the IUI. I laughed so loud when your DF asked if the catheter hurt hehehehe.

When we had to go into the ER a few months ago due to adominable pain they did a vaginal ultrasound and, DH's face just dropped lmao!!! Men have no idea what we go through for this!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
June 5th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Nerd
June 7th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Did you get some sleep last night?

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

June 7th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD18, 3DPIUI, IUI Cycle #1

I did get some sleep last night, I was in bed for 9pm, slept on and off till 11pm and then slept from midnight till 7.30am. That is good amount of sleep for me. and I'm still exhausted today! TGIF!

I've been doing daily OPKs and HPTs to test out my trigger. Today is the first day the OPK is negative since Monday. My HPT was lighter too but i'm expecting it to fluctuate. I'm consistenly using FMU too so hopefully thatll help them be accurate. I had to explain to DF about testing out the trigger this morning as he saw my collection of tests and knows it way too early to be testing lol! He laughed at me but said it made sense!

I have had such a long and busy week at work, we did an intense 2-day inspection at a hospital this week. I was in a team of 8, it's completely wiped me out!

We have also had an estate agent visit this afternoon to value our house, something to do before deciding if we want to sell and move. We've been umming and ahhing over moving for a while now, We always said this wasnt our forever home and I said that my deadline for moving would be having a child of school age as the schools around here arent great and i'd want my kid to go somewhere better However, we expected to have had a child (or two) by now and obviously that hasnt worked out. Honestly though, we both have itchy feet - we'll have been here 2 years in July and its the longest we've lived in one place, before then we moved every 9-12mos. Maybe we're just itching for a change of scenery - not that we've seen anywhere or anything to move into / buy though lol! Anyway, the visit went ok, the value she said was about what we thought. We'll probably talk it over for a few days / weeks and decide then

Not sure I have much more to add...this 2ww is dragging

June 7th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Sorry about the 2 ww dragging. You are absolutely right, tests fluctuate all the time. The line could be light today and blaringly positive tomorrow. Hopefully it will remain positive for about 9 months or so.

KUP about the move. How exciting! We have built our homes in places where they have good schools. Of course, we did this for children, but also for resale value. Hopefully you find a place that you love and in a good school district for your little ones.

Glad that you got some sleep, hopefully you'll continue to get rest over the weekend.

BTW, I'm guessing you received your invitations, correct? How is wedding planning going? It's not long now!!!!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

June 7th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohhh the invitations...the saga is almost over I think but we still dont have them! We have however received a bill from customs It had never even crossed my mind that we would have to pay VAT on them since they were coming from the US, but turns out we do. 20% VAT! It makes them some very expensive invites - I tell you they better be PERFECT!

So I need to pay the bill and then apparently they'll be delivered the next working day. I get it paid today so hopefully they'll come on monday!

Nothing new to update on the wedding planning front..that reminds me I need to organise DF and his groomsmen for suit fittings...seen as DF hasnt gotten around to it yet! Next job I think will be finding a seamstress to alter the bridesmaid dresses as a couple were too long. I said i'd go shopping with my sister too for an appropriate bra and shoes - she's a tom boy at heart and hates shopping lol! Hopefully my dress will come into the store soon too, even though I've asked for late fittings as i'll be pg by then (positive thinking!)

June 9th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Nerd
Just dropping in to see how you were feeling and how testing out the trigger was going.
June 9th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD20 / 5DPIUI, IUI Cycle #1

Thanks for popping in Sam...I completely forgot about updating re the trigger. Here is my collection of tests thus far...

OPKs are the green ones, HPTs the blue. I have only just starting getting -ve OPKs.

Close up of the HPTs - there was only a very faint line this morning, can just see it in the photo. I think by 7dpiui it'll be gone

How i'm feeling - today has been similar to the last couple of days - i'm exhausted! and really warm/hot. When explaining to DF earlier I explained its a bit like having a nasty hangover. This morning I also felt really nauseous. Urgh. Unfortunately or not I know its far too early for these to be PG symptoms and more than likely I am naturally producing more progesterone this cycle due to the Clomid + trigger and my body just isnt used to it.

I plan on testing each day till AF shows...or at least thats my plan for now. We'll see how the week pans out! (i'd love to join Sam & Jeralynn in the Feb DDC )

In non-ttc news - we visited my bff C today, shes a couple of days short of two weeks post op and is doing great! I was so pleased to see her looking so well. She's staying at her parents for a few weeks whilst recovering, so she's being looked after well. However now shes starting to feel more herself shes getting bored and frustrated, she cant drive atm as she cant wear the seatbelt so her mum is being chauffeur (sp?). A couple more weeks and she'll be back at work, im so so happy its all gone so well!

Wedding news - we actually decided to go and pick up our wedding invites yesterday rather than waiting for them to be delivered. It was about a 40min drive each way but worth it to know they're safe now. I hate to admit it but I felt kind of sad when I opened them, disappointed and I actually sat in the car with DF and cried (stupid hormones!) They are exactly what we ordered but I just didnt feel like they're special enough for our wedding. I'm struggling to explain why and DF has been a bit frustrated with me. I've decided to buy a couple of bits off amazon and add some finishing touches to them and I feel better about that. I just feel so silly, I wonder if perhaps I was just so worked up about them going missing that itd all built up...hmmm..i dunno. We have invites to send out soon though!

Last edited by Jen@FirsAve; June 9th, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
June 9th, 2013, 01:24 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I can relate so much to the disappointment over the wedding invites. There were things about my wedding that I was disappointed about. I just wanted it to be perfect.
June 10th, 2013, 07:42 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohhh testing every day is exciting I am still keeping everything crossed for you!!!

I totally felt the same way about my wedding invites and I didn't even have hormones to blame. I did the same thing, I bought stamps and "embossed" the outside and bought silver ribbon to tie around them. I went a little overboard. . . I am sure they will turn out great!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 10th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Nerd
Jen, I'm sorry to hear that the invites just didn't.. seem perfect. It's hard to take all the joy and excitement and personality that's encompassed in a wedding and put that onto paper. We went with very traditional invites. We chose a heavy ivory paper with a copper embossed script lettering. Something that I didn't realize until I received the paper invites was that the dots around the border weren't a note to the printer, it was some funky design. Like instead of a border, it was an outline made of small circles. Does that make sense? At first I was really disappointed. But I found that everything starts to come together and it will become uniquely yours.

I loved the picture where you were testing out your trigger. Thanks for sharing! I'm keeping a close eye on this journal this week. Will you keep using HPTs after 7dpiui? Or will you hold off at some point?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search