Jens TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree223Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I apply the Preseed before DH even comes to bed. The directions actually say to do so 30 minutes before DTD. So DH might not even need to specifically know about it...
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
February 2nd, 2012, 10:27 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
If it were me, I wouldn't tell him. Then afterward, I'd ask him "how it was". If he has no complaints, then he can't be against it anymore!

February 3rd, 2012, 04:24 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Jenny and Jack!

February 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
sneaky ladies i like it...30 minutes before though.. thats very organised BDing lol! wot do your SO's think about it?

i spoke to my friend last night and shes now bleeding pretty heavily so it sounds like shes had an early loss, so gutted for her and her DBF. she lives a couple of hours away so its crappy that i cant go see her but we had a gud chat which i think maybe helped. i also said that on the plus side it seems like her body is ready for her to be pg again.

I am feeling really positive about getting a BFP this month, ive not even O'd yet so its very early lol. however i think our chances could be great, better timed and more BDing, preseed, EPO and positive thoughts! i cant wait for the end of the month! it looks like ill be Oing right around valentines day too which is fab timing!

OT - i found out i got an interview for a new job today, i applied months ago and its taken ages to get to the face to face interview stage and iv already done an online assessment. i cant wait, the interview is on the 8th march so still a little time away but its a job id love so better get prepping for it. its a 60 minute interview with a 15 minute presentation so hard core and scary but least iv got plenty of notice!

woo hoo for it being friday, its been a looooong week at work. Happy Weekend everyone!!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 3rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I don't actually get it done 30 minutes before. More like 5 or 10 while DH gets ready for bed. He knows about it and doesn't care, but he wouldn't have to know about it.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
February 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my pressed and TCOYF book came on saturday! so excited to use the preseed and i've started on the book already. i've only read a couple of chapters so far but its really interesting. im a big reader anyway but for anyone who's new to TTC id definately recommend it! i got my book second hand from amazon so was pretty affordable too. got loads left to read so hopefully lots more helpful tips. the one thing iv read so far that surprised me is that it recommends you ...TMI...'expelling' your SO's ejaculate a couple of hours after you BD so it doesnt get in the way of CM which will help the spermies next time you BD. its logic is that after that time the spermies will have had enough time to majke their way through the cervix and any left by then arent gonna make it! it recommends using kegel exercises to do the 'expelling' - sounds pretty messy lol but i think ill give it a try! anything to help the spermies get to where they need to be!

on a separate note me and my SO spent the weekend laying a new wood floor in our front room and I LOVE it! its beautiful and i love it so much more because we did it all by ourselves!

hope everyones monday has been good!

February 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I'm glad you're feeling positive! Impressive that you laid the floors! I don't do that sort of thing.

February 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Really sorry to hear about your friend! That's terrible!

On another note, I'm really excited for you! You sound super prepared now with heaps of good information and a positive outlook. I hope this is gonna be your month!

February 9th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not having a great day today, I'm exhausted from a rubbish nights sleep. We were all geared up for BDing last night, preseed covertly used and then we had erm..performance anxiety issues on my SO's part so no BDing last night. I was upset and frustrated but so was my SO, its not something that's ever happened before and I'm worried about it happening again, is it something anyoen else has dealt with? Any advice wud b appreciated x

February 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM
That actually happened to us once this past cycle. It's the only time it's ever been a problem. He did end up finishing in the end, but it was very frustrating for both of us. Just try to make it fun and about his pleasure since he's the one who needs to finish.

February 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
It hasn't happened too frequently, but it has happened. Mostly when we aren't in the mood, but we know we "have" to BD due to timing. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing, perhaps due to the pressure of BDing at the right time!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
February 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks both, knowing its not that rare of an occurance does make me feel a bit better. Unfortunately its not a topic its easy to talk to someone about IRL. Hopefully proceedings will go better tonight!

February 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Just try not to put to much pressure on yourselves. When you know you "need" to BD, try not to mention TTC stuff, just get "into it".

We had this problem a few times when we first started TTC. It is definitely frustrating. I actually wrote in my journal worrying about it as it hurt my feelings a little bit. What I realized was that I needed to relax and keep a lot of the specifics to myself for awhile so DH wasn't feeling too pressured or that the only reason I was DTD was because ovulation was in X days or whatever. We took a little break, I changed my approach a bit, and we have been OK since.

Don't worry too much. When I was upset about the same thing, SO many other ladies said they'd been through it. I guess it's part of the journey?

February 10th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to do a quick update for now as I'm at work but everything went as planned last night (twice. ) and we used preseed so I a happy bunny this morning!
Happy friday everyone!

February 11th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
so far as BD goes were back on track with no further problems so hopefully it was just a freak one-off event. I hope so because it didnt half worry me!

this morning my temp went up but i dont know if that is because i O'd or because im sick..im full of cold and got a really sore throat thanks to my boss at work, shes been all full of germs all week so im in no doubt iv caught it off her. plus the fact that we've had snow all week for the first time all winter doesnt help at all. grrr im very grumpy today i hate being sick. currently im tucked up in bed with my quilt, some hall soothers (throat sweets) and watching rubbish saturday morning tv. i hope i feel better soon as its my little brothers 21st birthday tomorrow so im going home to see him and have dinner with my family.

i hope everyone elses weekend is going better than mine...

on a slightly optimistic / crazy TTC note - iv noticed when reading some other jounrals that ladies got their BFP on cycles when they were sick so this could be a blessing in disguise! a girl can hope eh?

February 11th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Yeah, several women seem to get their BFP while sick. I hope it's the case for you!

February 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah, been hearing that a lot lately! This cycle I actually started getting sick right around ovulation...

February 12th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my temp went up again this morning and with SMU i got a very almost +ve OPK so maybe im Oing earlier this month (CD18 today and last 2 months was CD20) and the temp isnt just high because im ill. i hope this is another good sign, im also having a crazy load of watery / EWCM ...TMI its a mess down there at the moment lol! i think maybe the EPO helped with this. also we've BD'd with preseed three times now - i still havent told my SO but im holding out till after i know iv O'd just incase...

OT - how do you all get the other smilies?? like to TMI one and the Ditto and sticky dust.. i cant figure it out and they would come in handy???

February 12th, 2012, 11:28 AM
You have to click on "more smilies" to get the other ones.

It does sound like you're gearing up for O. I'd test again today if it's almost +!

February 13th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I don't know much about OPKs (since I don't use them), but just from the CM, it sounds like it's gonna happen any time now FX for you
NTNP #2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search