Jens TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree223Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
Super Mommy
I'm happy it went so well for you!! Lots of baby dust to you! And about the birthday, I think I would wait if I could but it would be hard.

July 8th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Nerd
July 8th, 2013, 11:28 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Just catching up on everyone, that is so, so exciting!!! I can't wait til you start testing!!!
July 10th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hey Jen, how are you doing, feeling? When are you testing? I hope that you get your birthday wish!
remisue16 likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Nerd
July 10th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD23 / 8DPIUI

(i've been lazy and copied this from a fb message - sorry)
I'm doing ok really busy at work. yep 8DPIUI, I'm really itching to test but as I didnt test out my trigger this time i'm guna have to wait a while longer. Symptoms...I actually had a lot less than last time from the trigger which was nice, ive felt good since before the weekend. I've had some nasty cramping after DTDing this past few days and some yucky nausea when I woke up this morning. trying not to get too excited.

Its 9pm here and I started feeling nauseous again late this afternoon, feels like the only thing which makes it go away is eating. Which is a PITA. I could just be overly tired though, I havent had a good nights sleep in days because its been hot here - at 11pm last night it was still 24degrees, which for us is hot! Its been cooler today so hopefully i'll get a good nights sleep.

About the testing...me and DF weere just talking this over. We cant decide. I think saturday is too early and may still get a false negative at 11DPIUI, Sunday is 12DPIUI so better that way but its my birthday and the last day in edinburgh so I wouldnt wana be sad about a BFN. Monday is 13DPIUI but I'm out doing a really important inspection at work all day, so again being sad and teary wont be good (or very professional). By tuesday - AF may have arrived already. So when to test...dunno. We talked about me saving my FMU from Sunday in a bottle so I can test that evening when we get home - bit extreme though??

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 10th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm I would save my fmu on Sunday and test when you want to with it. I'm keeping everything crossed for you! And I hope you have a great birthday!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
July 10th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Wonder who that fb message was to....

You are in a tough spot. I'm not a tester, so I probably wouldn't test until Tuesday. Would you be able to hold out on Sunday? (meaning, if you collected fmu, could you wait to test that evening, would the anxiety effect you and your birthday plans?)

You know I'm so hoping you get your birthday wish!!!

Praying for your BFP....
AshleyO likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

July 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ahhh so hard - I like to pretend like I wouldn't test until Tuesday under those circumstances but it seems I have no self control recently. . . I feel like keeping the FMU from Sunday would make me antsy to test all day but I say go with whatever makes you happiest. Its your bday you can do what you want to

I hope you have a wonderful wonderful birthday!!!!!!!!! Keeping everything crossed for you!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 11th, 2013, 10:17 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Wow that's a tough decision. Can you wait it out? Would that be okay for you emotionally?

No good advice, but thinking of you.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

July 11th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Jen this is so exciting!! I don't think I could *not* test on my birthday. I don't think saving FMU is extreme, btw.

Really hoping your nausea is a good sign!!
July 13th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Nerd
And happy birthday
July 15th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

July 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Nerd
Nicholle!

Jen@FirsAve likes this.
July 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM

so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Hope your inspection goes well today!!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

July 15th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD28 / 13DPIUI - IUI#2

So we went to Edinburgh this weekend as planned, overall we had a good time - althougb we had some blips along the way! DF had booked us a guest house to stay at friday and saturday night, I didnt see it before he booked as it was a surprise. Anyway we turned up on friday (after a 5hr+ drive) - the room is tiny, on the ground floor and right next to the kitchen. We're too tired to do anything about it and we were told the rest of the place was full so we couldnt swap rooms. Anyway I ended up having the worlds worst nights sleep friday night cos the mattress was so hard and then I finally got to sleep and was rudely awoken at 6.30am by the staff making so much noise in the kitchen - banging / shouting / talking really loudly. I got up, dressed and went to ask them to keep the noise down. They'd propped the door open cos it was warm which made the noise travel even more. Anyway I went back to bed, slept for about half hour and then they woke me up AGAIN. So I went back and asked to speak with the owner/ manager. the staff were SO rude and basically ignored me. Anyway to cut an even longer story short DF spoke with the manager and we cancelled our booking for saturday night and found another hotel to stay in which was really nice. grrr so annoying and it meant we didnt have as much time as we wouldve otherwise to explore edinburgh on saturday. we still ended up having a nice time though.

Anway...on to the exciting part... (BFP mentioned - just a warning for anyone having a difficult day)

We got home at around 8pm last night (after another long drive home in the hot hot weather). I thought hmmm...cant hurt to POAS since I havent peed in around 2 hours. I thought well, if it negative there's still a chance with FMU in the morning so it wouldnt upset me too much. So I POAS- an IC - and a second line appears, pretty quickly too! I freaked out a bit and pulled out a FRER from the cabinet - making a huge mess in the process- dipped that too. A second line appeared almost immediately and it just got darker!

I rushed downstairs to show DF and he was on the phone with his friend talking about the stag do. So i waited for him to finish, made him sit down on the sofa, close his eyes and hold out his hand. I gave him the FRER. I told him to open his eyes but could barely speak I was in tears - all I could say was 'two lines'. I think DF was in shock as he didnt say much apart from giving me a hug and a kiss as I cried lol.

I ended up having a really good nights sleep last night, slept straight through from about 11pm till 4.30am - great for me. then I snoozed until 6.45am when my alarm went off. I POAS again this morning (FRER) but noticed my pee was alot less concentrated than last night (I hydrated lots before bed so I wouldnt have a headache today). I still had a lovely second line but quite a bit lighter than last nights. I didnt worry tho as I knew it was down to the pee

I have POAS - both IC and FRER since I've been home this evenning, pee more concentrated and the lines look great. See the pics below

I'm so very happy and shocked and terrified and about a million different emotions. For me I think I need to pass a couple more hurdles before completely having confidence - that will be:
- AF not showing tomorrow
- tests getting darker
- confirmation that its not ectopic. This is down to the fact that my damaged tube puts me at an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy. Altho I am worried, i'm less so because the mature follies I had when I triggered were on the side of my good tube. I still need the reassurance tho I think.

Plan is...AF doesnt show tomorrow. I'll call the fertility clinic wednesday and let them know. I dont think its routine here to do blood work but I may have an early scan given the ectopic risk. I dunno though. I guess I'll have to inform my GP next and then book an appointment with the midwife. I dont think we do routine scans over here till around the end of the first trimester but we'll see. I may know a fair bit about TTC but actually very little about the management of pregnancy in the UK!

For those of you who stuck this out...pics for your viewing pleasure

Oh and I love you all so much for your well wishes and positive thoughts. I'll stick around for a while yet as long as your happy for me to stay. Please nobody hesitate to let me know if its time for me to move on, I completely understand how hard it can be to see another persons BFP so I promise not to take any offence at all. I would love to have you all join me very very soon!
AshleyO and Boolajoojoo like this.

July 15th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Sorry about the hotel stay in Edinburgh. But yay about the BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost started to cry reading your story, but I'm at work, so I kept it together. I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!! Seriously, I was sending T&Ps and positive vibes to you all last week throughout the weekend!!!! Maybe my second IUI will do the trick for me too! XOXO
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

July 15th, 2013, 01:30 PM
YESSSSS - I have been dying for an update from you all day!!!!!!!

That is all so so so so so very exciting what an amazing birthday weekend

I would love love love for you to stay. I am very thrilled to follow your journey so I hope you stay as long as you like (although I plan to follow you no matter where you are posting - hmm I sound like a stalker) But I am so very happy for you and your BFP has brought me nothing but joy! I even told DH last night and he was happy for you too!!

Sending sooo much sticky bean dust your way!!! Congratulations again Jen!!!! So happy for you!

July 15th, 2013, 02:23 PM
That is the most beautiful post!!!! I am so thrilled for you. I just had a gut feeling about this one for you (funny how that happens with people you don't know IRL )

Praying that your mind is at ease soon, but I truly don't think you have anything to worry about. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!
July 15th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholle ttc View Post
Sorry about the hotel stay in Edinburgh. But yay about the BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost started to cry reading your story, but I'm at work, so I kept it together. I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!! Seriously, I was sending T&Ps and positive vibes to you all last week throughout the weekend!!!! Maybe my second IUI will do the trick for me too! XOXO
Aww hun I'm glad you didnt cry at work on my behalf. I hope so much that the IUI#2 works for you aswell. I'm sending lots of positive vibes right back at ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momology View Post
YESSSSS - I have been dying for an update from you all day!!!!!!!

That is all so so so so so very exciting what an amazing birthday weekend

I would love love love for you to stay. I am very thrilled to follow your journey so I hope you stay as long as you like (although I plan to follow you no matter where you are posting - hmm I sound like a stalker) But I am so very happy for you and your BFP has brought me nothing but joy! I even told DH last night and he was happy for you too!!

Sending sooo much sticky bean dust your way!!! Congratulations again Jen!!!! So happy for you!

Thanks Elle, I'll stay as long as I'm wanted here, its my home! I cant imagine not being here every day with all you lovely ladies. Stalkers or not lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
That is the most beautiful post!!!! I am so thrilled for you. I just had a gut feeling about this one for you (funny how that happens with people you don't know IRL )

Praying that your mind is at ease soon, but I truly don't think you have anything to worry about. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Thank you, I've just got all these thoughts it my head I needed to get them all out somewhere!

CD28 / 13DPUI - Post #2

Oh I forgot before, symptoms wise I just wanted to get it down. I'm feeling pretty normal lol, I always figured that when I got pg I would feel 'different' somehow. I know its still early but yeah, feeling pretty normal.
- little yucky feeling on sunday but fine today, apetite normal
- no more tired than normal
- my CP is pretty high and my cervix feels really hard (felt harder and higher yesterday than today tho, hmmm, hope this means nothign scary). Usually at this point its softening up a bit again
- a smidge of cramping this afternoon / evening, nothing crazy - it could be bowel related

The only thing I have noticed is BLOAT - it started saturday. I just put it down to eating too much yummy foods over the weekend - which still could be the case I guess
AshleyO likes this.

Last edited by Jen@FirsAve; July 15th, 2013 at 02:48 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search