Jens TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree223Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2012, 04:19 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Good luck!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 5th, 2012, 08:33 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Catch that eggie!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, i think i am getting close to O already...OPK was definately negative yesterday but there was a line and today I have watery almost EWCM-like CM so maybe tomorrow or thursday. Im hoping for a couple more days grace as im going to london again for work tomorrow so wont be able to get BDing in PLUS i need to get my repeat progesterone bloodwork done 6DPO and that could potentially clash with me trip to newcastle for work next week

I do wonder if I should speak to my GP about how much difference having the bloodtest done a day late or early would make??? I really dont want to have to wait until next cycle

Ah well I shall wait and see how i get on the next couple of days, I will be taking my BBT and OPKs to london with me!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 6th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Certainly doesn't hurt to ask?

June 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really feel like O is imminent (today/tomorrow) so iv put a call into the GPs office, I have arranged for another docor (mine isn't available) to call me on friday so I can ask about the timing of the bloodtest then!

June 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Honestly, you can't be 100% sure of when you O anyway, so a day shouldn't matter. I was told to err on the longer side - like, if I was supposed to get my draw on a Sunday, when the lab is closed, it's better to go on Monday than Saturday.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
June 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
Honestly, you can't be 100% sure of when you O anyway, so a day shouldn't matter. I was told to err on the longer side - like, if I was supposed to get my draw on a Sunday, when the lab is closed, it's better to go on Monday than Saturday.
Thanks for this Jenny, its really helpful information. The doctor im due to speak with tomorrow isnt my normal one so if i dont get any joy then I may just go with this and get it done later. not sure if I O'd yet anyway so it may not be late anyway if i get it done thursday next week

June 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD18 - 3DPO

So the doctor i spoke with on friday was a bit 'blah' and not very friendly. he basically said if the blood test should be done on a specific day then it HAS to be done then. He suggested i register as a temporary patient at a gp practice in newcastle and do it that way, when i explained i would be working he didnt seem to care!

After discussions with Rob and you ladies on the main board i think im going to get my bloodwork done thursday, it will be 7DPO and either 5 or 6 days prior to AF being due depending on my LP (last month was 12 days when usually has been 13). Hopefully that should be good timing to get an accurate measure of my progesterone to see whats going on!

I am feeling better about Rob's Sa results now iv had a couple of days to accept that they have come back as 'normal'. We will get some more detail on what is 'normal' when we go back and see the doctor after my bloodwork comes back but for now 'normal' seems pretty good!

me and rob have been chatting this weekend and wev got a fairly big month coming up in july, its my birthday on the 14th and our year anniversary of being in our house on the 15th. What makes me sad is that also means it will have been a year of TTC since i came of my BCP when we moved here . I never thought it would take this long to get pg. i just keep trying to tell myself its happened this way for a reason, i mean i wouldnt have taken my new job if i had gotten pregnant straight away and i do love my new job plus the maternity leave is better for when we'll need it. i think were going to do something that weekend to celebrate, depending on the weather we might have some friends round for drinks and a bbq or dinner.

im off to newcastle tomorrow for work and back wednesday night...i cant wait..

June 12th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I don't think I chimed in on the SA results...but if they tell YOU normal, that's good. When DH had his done, they couldn't tell me anything at all, even that. Even when he talked to them, they told him they wouldn't discuss anything over the phone, and he had to come in. Course, things were fine, but that was their policy.

June 15th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
CD23 / 8DPO

This 2ww is looking pretty sucky so far, my temps havent been great - i did get a rise to confirm O but it wasnt massive and my temps fell back below the coverline yesterday and barely rose above it this morning. im not sure what going on there ..blurgh

I went and got my bloodwork done yesterday morning (7DPO) and I have today made an appt with my doctor for the 29th June so that me and Rob can go discuss our results (my bloodwork and his SA) and see what the next steps are. Im thinking he may refer us to the fertility clinic but im not sure, theres not a whole ton of information about on the net as to the protocols for getting from primary care to secondary care. I will have to wait and see.

I have have some nasty cramps on my right lower abdomen this month, i noticed it just before I O'd and thought thats what it was, as i do sometimes have cramps around O, but they seem to have continued on and off since then. its reallly low down, just above my pubic bone. not sure what it is but its not nice and if it carries on ill probably mention it to the dr at the appointment.

What is great is that wev already got the 29th off work as were going to a friends wedding. its going to be a pretty fancy affair as the brides parents are pretty well off and what i would class as 'posh' . i got this dress the other weekend when we went shopping to wear at the wedding:

Buy Cream/Mink Pleat Dress from the Next UK online shop

im thinking that because its a church wedding im going to need a shawl/bolero or something to cover my shoulders/chest. im fairly large chested and always have been so im conscious that the dress may not be appropriate for church. Plus it may be a cold day so having something else to cover up might keep me a little warmer. I also need some new shoes, i have just ordered some nude peeptoe heels this evening though offline which looked nice and were pretty affordable so hopefully theyll be ok.

we're not upto much this evening, rob got home from work late and decided he wanted chinese for tea - no arguments from me cos its yummy - and now hes watching the football (england vs sweden in the Euros) whilst im on JM.

June 15th, 2012, 12:58 PM
That is a super pretty dress! I think your shoes that you ordered will look great (much better than the ones that the girl on the website is wearing). I had a similar situation this past weekend with my niece's baptism. It was in a big fancy cathedral, and I had a sleeveless dress. I have a beige scarf (no clue where I got it), and it's pretty neutral, so I often bring it along wherever I go, because it not only serves as a cover up for those "churchy" events, but it keeps me warm(er) in a pinch.

Not quite sure what's up with your temps?
x

June 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Karin!

i hope the shoes go with the dress, i wont know until the get here though as i never really trust colours on websites! the website said theyd be here by tuesday though so at least i wont have to wait long AND if they dont match ill still have plenty of time so find some others

i know..stupid temps eh??!!

June 19th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD27 / ??12DPO

Well FF took my crosshairs away yesterday morning after i inputted my temp - the thief! - so im not sure whether i am 12DPO or not at the moment. usually i have cramps around now until AF arrives but nadda as of right now...

I did a HPT and OPK last night because...well i wanted to . both were glaringly negative/blank. hmm.

So if i did O when i originally thought AF should arrive tonight/tomorrow. If the witch doesnt show it might be that i didnt O then. but if that isnt the case im thinking maybe i had an annovulatory cycle. HOWEVER the handy thing is that i had my progesterone bloodwork done this cycle so that should be able to tell me more. i am off to the docs next friday (29th) so hopefully find out then.

I have felt these last couple of cycles that things seem to be getting wonkier the long we've been trying. initially after coming of BCP my cycles regulated pretty quickly so i was lucky in that respect i guess. but now they seem to be getting worse and worse. meh i dunno

My new shoes came today and i picked them up from the collection point this afternoon, they are lovely and go really well with my dress for the wedding and are pretty comfy too which is great because is gonna be a looooong day! i did order a cardigan/bolero type thing too which fits ok but the colour is a bit lighter than i hoped, closer to white than cream/nude so that may have to go back. also i have found one of my bras which i can wear with the dress so i just need to buy some clear straps to wear with it. i am soo happy i dont have to buy a new bra 1. because i need a larger size theyre a nightmare to find that fit right and 2. they are not cheap!

June 19th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I said this in another thread, but I'm so glad you love your shoes!

Sorry about your crazy cycle

June 19th, 2012, 04:12 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Yeah, your temps are pretty unclear, but the progesterone should tell you if you O'd. Hooray for new shoes!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
June 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD28 ??13DPO

i love the shoes, i have taken a photo to share with you but ant get my photobucket app thingy to work on my phone at the mo to upload it!

i took my poor bunny rabbit to the vets yesterday, hes had a weepy eye for a couple of days and i was a bit worried, turns out he has conjuncivitis the poor thing! cos hes sooo hairy all the hair around his face is getting matted from the tears/weepyness so i have some drops to give him three times a day for a week...easier said than done! i hope it fixes it soon, i dont like it when my furbabies are poorly!

no sign of AF yet today, no cramps, no nadda. still got creamy CM, its fairly runny and less sticky that it normally would be before AF shows but who knows at this point! its funny that i thought if af was late itd be because i was pg, not because of a wonky cycle! typical eh!?!

June 20th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Ya, I don't know what to tell ya on that! Here's hoping that AF shows up sooner rather than later so you don't have to hang around in this limbo!

Hope your bunny is feeling better before long. I've had to dose my fair share of optic meds for my dogs over the years (try doing to a dog after eye surgery = no fun). But either way I'm glad it's nothing serious, and should clear up quickly!
x

June 20th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's actually looking better this evening already than he was yesterday! Seems to be accepting me putting the drops in too, yesterday and this morning he squirmed like mad when I did the drops, this evening he was much happier.

Wev been quite lucky (touching wood) with our furbabies health-wise, megs only problem was that she had a nasty allergic reacction with a rash after a walk ine day, the vet gave some antiinflammatories and antihistamines and she was ok but it was pretty scary at the time. We think there must have been something dodgy in the field wed been to as its never happened since.

I'm a little sad if I'm honest about my cycle, justt can't shake the feelIng that we've been at this almost 12 months (on 15th july) and this was our last cycle to get pg before the year mark and its been so crappy. I just feel that's just how our TTC journey has been so far. I know it can take normal healthy couples upto a year to conceieve but it still sucks. I m just feelin a little down about it this evening I think.

Last edited by Jen@FirsAve; June 20th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
June 20th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I've been in your shoes. I remember hitting the one year mark. It sucked, to be quite honest. But then we looked back, and excluded several of those cycles b/c I had just come off BCP, then another 2 or so because DH had traveled and our timing, while not impossible, wasn't great. So we ended up figuring out that in our first calendar year of TTC, we really only had a shot about 6 of those cycles. Either way, it didn't make things any easier, and I won't sit here and lie to you to make you feel better. It just stinks! But know that even if it takes time, some higher power has a plan for you and you will get your baby. Count on it.

x

June 21st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD1
Well AF showed overnight, both a good and bad thing this time around. Good thing because at least I wasn't left in limbo but bad because I'm still not pg (altho I wasnt holind much hope for this cycle) and I have nasty AF cramps. Stupid witch. Grump.

Thanks for that Karin, I'm sure you're right and one day, hopefully not in the too distant future we'll get our baby. In the mean time and especially for this moment I feel sad and AF doesn't help cheer me up. So I'm going have a little pity party for myself today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search