Dawn's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2012, 01:09 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I need to learn what the heck convection baking is all about! We have two ovens, both are "convection-ready", but I don't know what the heck it means!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 26th, 2012, 03:08 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
My oven has convection, too. I don't bake a lot, but I've used it for roasting and such - it's faster and you can get things crisper. Sorry your fridge broke, but at least you got a sweet new stove!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
April 26th, 2012, 08:10 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Convection is GREAT for baking. There is a fan in the oven making the heat distributed evenly throughout the oven thus giving you more even baking plus bakes faster! It supposedly helps bake meats better by giving it that nice golden brown on the outside and nice and juicy on the inside. It is going to be a little trial and error in the beginning but I can't wait!

Today was another busy day, that is why I haven't been on here much. Tonight I went to dinner some of the girls I use to work with. We try to get together at least once a month or every other month.

This morning I saw tons of EWCM after my run and again a little later in the day but I don't see anymore. I think running does help me find it... I read that the best time to check is after working out. I am hoping one of my remedies is helping because I don't normally see that much even after running! We it's after 10 and I'm tired so I am goig to go to bed.

Have a great night everyone!

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 29th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Just catching up, Dawn. Your stove sounds awesome... even if it was really the fridge you needed. It's amazing how cheaply appliances are made these days. We moved into our brand new house just over three years ago. We've already had to replace a $250 part on our refrigerator, and we've had to replace a much cheaper part on our water heater. Fortunately, the water heater was still under warranty at the time, but the repairman said that it's a part that goes out constantly and we can expect it to happen again several times in the water heater's lifetime. We were not so lucky with the refrigerator.

Would love to see pics of all your cake decorating creations!
Thankfully you had the warrenty but it still sucks!

I will post some pictures

April 29th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks Katie for the birthday wishes.

What a weekend! Friday we got our new applicances and them! I made a turkey breast dinner tonight and it turned out perfect. So far I am ok with the side by side fridge/freezer. My freezer is much more organized with the separate shelves and the fridge is working out fine. I am glad we went with a bigger fridge because if we went with a smaller size I'm thinking I wouldn't be happy with it.

Friday night, went to our friend's house for a cookout and look up Las Vegas flights and were talking about what we may want to do. One thing that came up was going to San Diego... I would love to spend a couple days there but I'm not sure if it will be realistic; we will see.

Saturday, I joined in the March of Dimes Walk. One of my cousins had her baby 16 weeks early about a year ago so we all join in for support. It was a lot fun. After the walk they had tons of free food and pretty much a social event.

Sunday... I ran 11 MILES! I did it in just under 2 hours (i'm not a fast runner) but I'm happy with that. My ankle is hurting again now... I was ok for most of the run until the last mile, that was a struggle but I did it! Now my legs are tired and don't want to move much LOL.

It's CD15 and I'm wondering if I'm going to be Oing in the next day or two because i have gotten 2 positive OPKs and today a neg one but I didn't test until later in the day so I just never know if that is accurate or not. Either way, we took care of business and are all set and will continue to bd until hopefully CD20. Other than that not to much to report. I did see little bit of EWCM here and there not a lot though. One of my remedies must be helping it, but I'm not sure which one. Oh well... I'll get taking all of them!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I plan on catching up on the journals tomorrow. I am tired and just want to lay with DH the rest of the evening.

April 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Congrats on such a great long run!
April 30th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Thanks Adrienne! My legs are hurting today lol!

April 30th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! for running 11 miles! That's amazing!!

YAY for new appliances too! I know that may sound dorky... but I love being in the kitchen, so new kitchen stuff always makes me

Chart is lookin' good with your temps on a steady incline!
this is your month!!

April 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I love getting new applicances and stuff for the kitchen too but not when forced lol.

Thanks Nikki. I don't think my chart has ever had that steady of a climb before.

April 30th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Cupcakes:

Cake:

Easter Cupcakes:
Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes with a Lemon Buttercream frosting:

Chocolate Cupcakes with a marshmellow cream filling and regular buttercream frosting:

Cake for last class course 1:

This last cake we were required to use certain techinques on the cake and I really had no idea of a design and had lots of left over frosting so I just kind of filled in the top of the cake lol. So, it's not my favorite one but oh well, I got lots of practice in

April 30th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Great pics! I love all your cakes/cupcakes! On the cupcakes, the part with pink (best seen in the first pic, but not the pink roses, the other ones with pink), what is that technique and what tip did you use? It's really cool looking!

GREAT job on your 11-miler! The "long run" before your race is always the hardest - both mentally and physically. I think you're probably smart to get some new shoes...especially since your ankle started acting up again. If I have a say, I would reco getting the same exact shoes, if you can. That will greatly reduce the risk of blistering

I have a feeling your CH are showing up in the mornin!

April 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM
CD16 - I believe it's 1DPO but I forgot to test with an OPK this morning so I didn't confirm it was negative.

I really have no symptoms to report as it is to early of course but this morning I was having achiness in my left side so I hope that's a good sign of Oing. I am kind of amazed at how my temps have been increasing this month. I usually don't have much of a trend, my temps kind of go up and down so I'm excited to see how the rest of my temps go for the rest of the cycle.

Today is my kitty Bella's Birthday! She turns 1. It is crazy how animals grow up so fast.... I wish they can stay small for longer but Bella and Roxy still act like kittens!

Tomorrow, I will be able to stop in, in the morning but I have a meeting/training from 9-3... called crucial conversations...so I won't be around all day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday tomorrow!

April 30th, 2012, 05:42 PM
to Bella!
For the record, my 15 year old, Peanut, (my JM namesake ) STILL acts like a puppy. His favorite thing in the entire world is what we call "Pants time". Whenever either DH or myself put on a pair of pants, or change from like jeans to sweats or something, Peanut jumps and leaps all around and inbetween our pants, and leaps at them all crazy like. We just say "Peanut! Pants-pants!" and he goes nuts. He's such a goober. Hard to believe he's 15!

Tomorrow - I've got your "hosting" back. I should be around most of the day, barring any Molly complications. I've fallen extremely behind on school work, so will probably be home playing catch up tomorrow
blueeyes25s likes this.

April 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Great pics! I love all your cakes/cupcakes! On the cupcakes, the part with pink (best seen in the first pic, but not the pink roses, the other ones with pink), what is that technique and what tip did you use? It's really cool looking!

GREAT job on your 11-miler! The "long run" before your race is always the hardest - both mentally and physically. I think you're probably smart to get some new shoes...especially since your ankle started acting up again. If I have a say, I would reco getting the same exact shoes, if you can. That will greatly reduce the risk of blistering

I have a feeling your CH are showing up in the mornin!
The pink one is called shaggy mum. You use tip 233 and start with a longer layer of them on closer to the outside of the cupcake and then you continue to layer the cupcake with shorter layers and go in closer to the middle until cupcake is covered. It's a lot of fun one to do.

I am currently online looking for those exact shoe, I am hoping to find a pair in town. The ones I have is Under Armour and the closest store is about 45 minutes away. So I intend on having shoes by the end of the week.

April 30th, 2012, 06:01 PM
That's an awesome technique! I think I have that tip, I'll have to dig it out and dust it off and give it a try!

GL finding your shoe!

April 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I can't find my shoes!!!!

April 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Have you tried Amazon? If you have prime, you can get free 2 day shipping??

April 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Yes I tried amazon and I do have prime plus I have a $25 gift card . They have a pair of shoes so similar but I need a cushioned running shoe and I am trying to figure out what type of running shoe it is.

April 30th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Send me the shoe info, I'll see if I can help

April 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Amazon.com: Women's UA Assert Running Shoe Non-Cleated by Under Armour: Shoes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search