Dawn's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2012, 07:53 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Thanks ladies. I will take pics and post them. I have to make more practice ones this weekend and then I will take some pics.

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 12th, 2012, 10:29 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Looking forward to your cake pics!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 13th, 2012, 09:10 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Just checking in to say hi Dawn. Sorry about AF....but it's crazy how reassuring it is to have a somewhat normal warning signs, like you said, you kind of knew this month was a little screwy. Here is to the month of June!

Also would love to see pics of things that I could never do I'm jealous/impressed!

June 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Sorry...I have had such a busy week, I hope to get pics up soon and update my journal as well as catch up on everyone else's journal. I may have a busy weekend ahead; all depends if we do anything Saturday or not... I will be back later for a better update!

June 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Ok...where to start.

June 9th was our 5 year wedding anniversary. I really wanted to spend it on vacation but DH could not get off around that time for more than the Friday before so we both took that Friday off. We were planning on going to DeYoung Family Zoo pending weather; rain was in the forecast. Well, Thursday night my MIL called to tell us she was just let go from her job. She recently interviewed with another place and told her they get back to her Friday; the day after she was let go. My MIL has been wanting to move back to WI and when was always the question. She said if she lost her job or would find a new one in WI would be when she would move back so at this point her decision is based on if she were to get a job offer from this other place. Meanwhile, the plan was when my MIL was going to come back that DH and one of his friend’s would fly out to Vegas and drive her car back. So DH needed to have a plan in action if my MIL was moving back. After figuring how long it would take to drive from Vegas to GB he was thinking it would be better to fly out on a Thursday and he was able to find cheaper prices so Friday morning he had to contact his supervisor to see if he could get off. He spent most of the morning trying to switch schedules with someone and it took over a couple hours to hear back from his boss so eventually he was able to get work figured out. Friday night my MIL called and said she never moved back so that’s that….she is moving back. I have mix feelings about this because she will be staying with us and does not have a job and is worried it’s going to be a stay of longer than a couple months on the other hand, I am very happy she is coming back. It will be nice for DH to have is mom back home and it will be nice once we have a baby for our baby to be able to see his or her grandma but on the other hand finding time to DTD while she is here….

Anyways….on our anniversary we went with a couple friend’s to my friend’s parents’ cottage and went swimming, jet skiing, and boating. It was so much fun and both DH and I had a great time spending our anniversary with some of our longest known friend’s. Afterwards we went to dinner and a few drinks then called it a night.

Last Friday we made it up to DeYoung Family Zoo….such an AMAZING experience. It isn’t what I expected; very rustic, in the middle of the woods, and outhouses for bathrooms but I am ok with all that, as I am a very outdoorsy kind of girl. The owners are amazing people for everything that they do for these animals plus they have a no kill animal shelter. The zoo is ran on donations so I will definitely keep them on my donation list. It was awesome to see the interaction between the animals and the trainers…it just confirms how well the animals are treated! The zoo is very interactive. We walked around with the owners as they fed the bears, wolves, the big cats, and the hyena’s. They would talk a little bit about the animals and their stories…so neat. They also allow for interaction with some of the animals… I got to hold a baby monkey (very tiny one), a baby wolf, and a baby fox. I got to pet a 3 year old monkey that was very smart monkey. We got to pet a dingo and a skunk…DH and I have always wanted a pet skunk lol. They apparently make really great pets. So if anyone is in the area… it’s in Michigan just outside WI I would recommend the visit!

That Saturday; DH and I went with some friend’s tubing down a river because the forecast said 90 with a chance of rain and ended up being more like 75 and cloudy and got stuck in a couple rain showers which sucked lol. When you are floating on a tube down the river you are in the woods and nothing but woods around you so there is nowhere to go! We ended up swimming through the last portion to get to out of there because we were cold. It is fun but not when it’s cold and rainy.

Work is getting busier but that’ s a good thing…but one of my cousins mentioned that she got a promotion at work and her old position along with a couple other positions are open and suggested I apply; it would be more in my field. I am at a point where I really don’t want to switch jobs but at the same time I am not happy in my current position so I decided to apply; you never know, right?

I have been busy during the week after work… it’s been no stop going and tonight was the first night I haven’t had anything to do yay!

Last night was my last cake class for a while. The last cake class is in August on Friday’s which is not going to work… Friday’s are just too hard to commit 4 weeks to plus one of the Friday’s I will be in Vegas so I will take the next course the offer which I believe is in September. It will kind of suck waiting that long but at the same time, it will be a nice break. It is a financial and time commitment so not having that commitment right now is nice. Summers are always so busy to begin with so one less thing on my plate the better. My SIL’s baby shower is July 7th and I am making her cake and a friend’s son’s birthday party is also July 7th and would like a cake lol.

Ok… on the ttc front and x-posted.

Nothing really new with ttc; I am disappointed for the fact that we did not bd much this cycle but there was just so much going on and could not get into it. I am to a point where I am beginning to feel numb about pregnancy, babies, etc. A girl in my cake class announced she’s pregnant and my reaction was oh congratulations and really didn’t say more but she continued on about how tired she was and how should they tell their parents, etc and I didn’t say another word about it but didn’t get upset or go home and cry. I can’t believe she is telling people already…she just found out and her u/s isn’t for 8 weeks! She was talking about wanting to start a family and from what it sounded like is that they were going to wait a while so I’m assuming if they were trying it wasn’t long or they weren’t trying to prevent so yeah; ya know! On Sunday, I did see my brother and sil who’s due in August and I’m still not 100% accepting this yet and when they talk about baby I don’t want to hear it but at the same time they have not shared an u/s pic with me or many details so I feel kind of disconnected right now but they feel the need to talk about how there are other pregnant people in their lives.

I did however, really enjoy visiting my nephew and got to hear him say dada for the first time….so cute. I think he knows I am because he was being crabby and my sister said he wants to go by me, I went to pick him up and he put out his arms and then had the biggest smile on his face…awww. Love it!

I have been taking the FertileCM and did get EWCM a couple days Woohoo!!! Very happy about that but other than that no changes; I haven’t been temping because I have been having to jump out of bed before I can temp to run and get my cat before she jumps on our tv! I don’t know how to stop her but it’s on our tall dresser and it’s a flat screen. The thing just shakes when she is on there and for some reason I wake up to the noise of her jumping up. I have to admit; it’s kind of nice to take a break from temping, I feel less stressful and my mind just hasn’t been as focused on my tww. I also think that’s due to the numb feeling. At this point I feel the only way we are going to conceive are through medical intervention and that we are just in a limbo phase. Once DH gets an SA which he finally agreed to do I think I will feel a little better in the meantime I think I will remain in this limbo state of not feeling anything and accepting the fact that we probably are not going to conceive naturally.

I decided to go out on a limb here… and was told how St. Gerard is the patron saint of fertility. I am not super religious but do have my beliefs so I was reading online at saintgerard.com about how a prayer and this medal has been a miracle for many. Now you all can believe what you want and I am not saying that this will make us conceive but I’m to the point where I would like to have everything in my favor and follow along with every myth such I can lol…it can’t hurt, right?? (I think I said that once already ). So ya… that’ s my update. This weekend we will be cleaning our basement and getting it ready for my MIL; we have a nice finished basement and she wants to stay down there, she also had a cat so it would be a good place for her and a her cat stays until all the cats and get better acquainted.

If you managed to read through my entire post, thanks for listening. I need to go spend some time with my kitties now.

I hope everyone had a great Wednesday!

June 20th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Glad you are back! I will write more later, DH is almost home.

I like your St Gerard idea. It's like my fertility bamboo. Whatever it takes...whatever it takes!
x

June 21st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Wow, that was quite an update! I see why you've been so busy lately, lots going on! You already know, so I won't gush too much here, how envious I am that you got to visit the DeYoung Zoo. I have followed them for a while, and their story is just so inspiring. They do, what I wish I could do. I'm so glad you had a great experience visiting them. If I am ever in the area, I will be there in heartbeat.

I know that feeling about being numb. I went through that, right around the 2 year mark. We didn't give up or anything, but I really stopped caring. I got more and more distant with my friends who had kids (and then she got pg again, and was pissed...ya, that was super fun). We "tried" each month, but only because we had to...BD was no longer enjoyable or fun. It was just "because". I hated that time more than anything. I wasn't angry, I just didn't feel. I had stopped charting long before that, and stepped away from JM around that time too.

There is nothing I can say to make you feel better, and I know that. But know that there are many of us who have been there, and what you are feeling is completely normal and, believe me, understood. I am, glad, however, that DH is ready to do SA, and I think once you are at that point, you will start getting answers, and feel more empowered to take whatever next steps are necessary.

Know that we are here...no matter how rough it gets...
x

June 21st, 2012, 12:13 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your husband agreed to get the SA. Sounds like a good first step. You deserve your baby, hun, and I hope that you get some answers.
June 21st, 2012, 07:13 PM
Karin, I totally wish I could do what they do. If I lived there I would definitely volunteer my time. It kind of makes me want to volunteer at our local zoo. I am also envious of you and all the time you get to spend with animals

Thanks Karin and Robyn. I do have to say...I'm not sure if DH is ready for the SA but he finally said he will.

I have a cake order for Sunday and a cupcake order for Wednesday...I was honestly a bit surprise but excited and nervious because these are for other people and not just for glass or family Then I have 1 birthday cake in July and my SIL's baby shower. I finally have an idea down for the baby shower.

The cake for Sunday is for DH's uncle's father day party. The choices for themes are farming, gardening, sports, and cards. I came up with a great idea for a football themed cake but thinking because it's baseball theme maybe I should go that way... decisions, decisions but have ideas for either one. I sent a message to DH's cousin to get her final imput. I can't wait to make this!!!!

Other than that... not to much going on today. Just hanging out at home with DH and kitties and looking up cake ideas.

I hope everyone had a great day!

June 21st, 2012, 07:32 PM
That is so great that you are going to get some experience making cakes! I remember back when I was doing more decorating, I volunteered any chance I could to make a cake..I did a couple of friends baby showers (just work ones, not their "real ones", my aunts birthday cake, and an easter cake. Plus, I did a few of my friends' kids first birthday "smash" cakes. That was fun!

You know where I always used to find great cake ideas? (Sounds odd), but Women's Day magazine! I don't know if they are as cake focused as they used to be, but it seemed like they always had a cake on the cover, and it was always super cute! I remember getting a lot of holiday themed cakes from them. Oh ya, I did a super cute memorial day (was supposed to be July 4th, but same colors) cake, and used candy melts for the decorations. Of course you know that Pinterest has loads of ideas!

June 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Google and Pinterest has been my best friend lately! I have a Better Home and Garden magazine too.. it's a a cupcake special .

Making cakes it so much fun. Karin, did you have any cake recipes that you loved using or did you make cake from a box?

For the one on Sunday, they want a double layered chocolate cake with chocolate frosting... yeah lots of chocolate but a little nervous about a homemade cake not turning out.

June 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM
I was a decorator, not a baker! I have a ton of recipes that I tried, but honestly, i always thought the boxed ones tasted better (Pillsbury ONLY). I will see if I can dig out my butter recipe one, that was the best! It's on a stickie somewhere buried in my recipe folder... I will look though! I always had horrid luck with chocolate, fwiw...

June 21st, 2012, 08:17 PM
Ok...I am a GREAT baker when it comes to everything except homeade cakes, I can do cupcakes though. Maybe I will try Pilsbury, I don't like Betty Crocker chocolate cakes. My favorite box cake is Duncan Hines...they make a great yellow cake .

You don't have to dig for a recipe but I want to try a homemade cake at some point again.

June 22nd, 2012, 08:27 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Happy Anniversary!

I know how you feel about being numb - I have so many pregnant friends and it really doesent even phase me anymore either. It just goes in one ear and out the other. Then all of a sudden I'll have one bad day where I'm bitter and annoyed, then nothing again.

June 22nd, 2012, 10:09 AM
I would seriously give Pillsbury a chance...in my opinion, they are far better than DH or BC.

June 22nd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
loads of cakes to practice with Dawn, thats great! i'm a big chocolate cake fan so i think that sounds great. we made a devils chocolate cake with chocolate icing for fathers day tea with Robs family last weekend. it was a cheaters box cake though. I do have a receipe for a lemon curd cake that someone in my old job gave me that im meaning to try..i could send you that over if your interested?

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 22nd, 2012, 02:40 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I am so glad DH has agreed to do the SA. It really is a necessary first step. I cook, not bake, so I can't help you there. That's exciting that you have several cakes to do!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
June 24th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
loads of cakes to practice with Dawn, thats great! i'm a big chocolate cake fan so i think that sounds great. we made a devils chocolate cake with chocolate icing for fathers day tea with Robs family last weekend. it was a cheaters box cake though. I do have a receipe for a lemon curd cake that someone in my old job gave me that im meaning to try..i could send you that over if your interested?
Jen, I do have a lemon curd recipe but if you want to share your's that would be great! I love trying new and different recipes!

June 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM
New pics!

(Double layer chocolate cake with a chocolate fudge butter cream...yum! I made this for DH's uncle. His cousins requested it for today as they had there father's day celebration).

(My first fondant covered cake! I had to make it for class.)

(fondant flowers that I learned)

(Golf cake for my dad for Father's Day)

June 24th, 2012, 02:37 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
those are really cute cakes!!! hope your weekend is going well!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search