Dawn's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Thanks Jessica!

My weekend consisted mostly of cleaning...blah! Friday night I started by baking my cake...I ended up using Pilsbury super moist chocolate cake.

Saturday DH and I went and got our oil changed, my tires rotated, and cleaned our house top to bottom! We got a room in our basement emptied and cleaned for my MIL. She will be flying in a week from tomorrow and be living with us until she finds a job. Saturday night I frosted and decorated the cake for today. I made a homemade chocolate fudge buttercream which turned out super good! I received tons of complements on the cake on how it looked and how it tasted. I am so glad for that since I really couldn't taste test it.

Today I washes the kitchen floor since I was to tired to by the time I was done decorating the cake. DH helped me with perfecting the helmet because it looked a little off in the beginning. After breakfast, dishes, and the floor was done DH and I washed Jack and Jill since it was on tv and we wanted to see it but it wasn't a movie we didn't want to rent. Then after that I ended up falling alseep and had a pretty vivid dream about Vegas. After I woke up we picked some raspberries from my garden; first raspberries picked for the season, the did some weeding, and then made myself look presentable to go to Olive Garden for dinner with another couple and ended up stopping at a new icecream place on the way home. Needless to say I am so full!

That was my weekend. Thursday I have to take DH and his friend to Milwaukee to the airport to fly to Vegas. Then they leave from Vegas Friday morning just to drive back to GB. I might then stay at my friend's for the weekend in Milwaukee since I'm already driving there and her bday is Saturday! Summerfest (a big music festival) is going on that weekend and we would go see Kelly Clarkson, Kelly Pickler, and Lady Antebellum.

Cyclewise...not much; the usual sore boobs and weird twinges. Haven't been temping, not sure if I will continue to not yet...

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 25th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow that's a busy weekend you've had! The pics of the cakes looked great, I'm totally not knowledgeable about american football but I got the helmet straight away ( I hope you get that's a compliment ). I love the cake with the flowers too, did they take ages to make?

I hope you manage to get to the musci festival this weekend, in the summer here in the uk there are always loads going on and they're jus kicking off this month and I'm so jealou and really want to go but they're really expensive. Hopefully well get to go to one at somepoint this summer!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 25th, 2012, 04:11 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
SUMMERFEST! Man, I miss SF. Have extra fun for me!

Your cakes rock...hands down. Did you end up trying the Pillsbury cake?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Jen...they do take time but not terribly long. The fondant cake, we learned out to make different flowers and the bow each week so for the last class, we just had to have a cake made and then put everything together so it really didn't take long at the end.

Karin, yes I went with Pillsbury I got a ton of complement saying the cake tasted amazing and looked amazing I was so happy to hear that because I couldn't taste the cake myself so I had no idea how it was going to taste especially since I was using a new cake mix and new frosting recipe.

CD 23 - 9DPO

Last night I slept for crap! I wonder if my afternoon nap had something to do with that. Basically it took me forever to fall asleep and then I keept waking up almost every hour! Today, I just had no energy and no motivation to work but of course I had too... I hate days like this.

Tomorrow I have to make cupcakes for someone at work. She is taking the cupcakes to her daughter's party... I forget what it's called but it's like those Lia Sophia, Pampered Chef parties. She said I could make whatever I want so I am going with a spiked Raspberry Lemonade Cupcake with a Raspberry Frosting! Yum!! It only requires 2tbps of liquor so I stopped at one place on my way home and couldn't find a small bottle so tomorrow I am stopping at one more place, if I can find any I will just use milk (the recipe says you can use milk vs liquor if you prefer) so I may end up having to do that but I hope not. This lady only wants 12 cupcakes so the remainder of the cupcakes I plan to bring to Milwaukee with me since it's my friend's bday, I figured it would be a nice treat for her .

Everything is all set... I am for sure going to Milkwaukee Thursday, we are for sure doing SummerFest, we may take a boat tour of the Miller Brewery which by the way my friend was describing sounds like so much fun, and then we may go to the Milwaukee Zoo! I haven't been there in forever so I'm excited to do that!!! The rest of the time, it will be just a go with the flow type thing!!! I may not be on very much Thurs - Sun since I won't be back home until Sunday sometime.

Karin - I will have tons of fun at SF for ya!

One thing, if for those of you who are not fimilar with Milkwaukee is they are known to be the city of festivals and pretty much have a festival every weekend in the summertime and they tend to be for everytime of celebration. I once went to Germanfest and that was soooo much fun!

Anyways... cyclewise not much new, I feel like I have heightened sense of smell though. Everything is smelling stronger to me for whatever odd reason or maybe it's all in my head lol. Right now I am expecting AF to show Wednesday or Thursday which kind of sucks because my first day or two always sucks and I tend to feel like crap because of my cramps but I plan to load up on midol or something to get me through. Of course I no longer have high expectations of AF not showing, but that still crosses my mind what if she doesn't show. If AF don't show this may make for an interesting weekend because I would somehow have to hide not drinking plus I wouldn't be able to test since I don't have any and don't want to buy any unless AF is late but I would be totally ok with AF not showing. We will cross that road in a few days I guess. I haven't been temping either to give me any clues, I suppose I could just to see where it's at too. I put in to fake temps today just so my stats show up.

I hope everyone had a great Monday!!!

June 26th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Trust me, I know all about that hiding "not drinking" stuff. No fun! But I hope that's the case, for the best possible reason! x

June 26th, 2012, 06:50 PM
CD24 10DPO

Today I made Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes with a raspberry frosting... yum!
Here's a pic..

I made these for someone at work for tomorrow. She only wanted 12 so I get the left overs; I tried one because I had to and the rest I am bringing with me on Thursday . I thought they turned out good and tasted good but they are going to be a love it or hate it kind of cupcake I think. It will just depend on personal taste. One of my bigget things I want to become known for is FRESH ingredents, great quality, and unique flavors so that I what I hope to strive for and of course being good at it . These cupcakes were made from scratch, fresh lemon, squeezed lemon juice, and freshly picked raspberries from my garden TODAY . I can't always promise that hehe. Anyways, what do you all think about me leaving the stem in the raspberry on the cupcake. I think it adds a little something extra but DH is like people don't want to deal with that and I should take it off. I am thnking to run in the morning on my way in to work to look for candy lemons to put next to the cupcakes. I didn't want to put real lemon slices on since not many people probably like eating lemon and I don't know how will it will sit on the cupcake w/o worry about the juice running out onto it.

Not much else to report on today... yeah my life is boring. Work, home, sleep, work, home, sleep...

Cyclewise... nada. Same old same old...bbs are really hurting, feeling really tired but those are normal around the time AF is due which I would normally expect her to be here tomorrow but I looks like my LP is really lengthening. It was up to 11 days and it now seems to be 12 days So if AF isn't here by Friday I would be late but we will see.

Happy Tuesday, it's almost chat time!

June 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM
YUM, those sound deelish! I like that kind of thing though. I think you're right, it will be a love or hate thing. I personally think leaving the stem on is cute! It adds flair, and I like that. People will deal with it. Think about how often you get a sundae with a cherry on top? They usually have the stem on the cherry right? Or, when you get a strawberry on something, they don't usually chop off the green leafy part at the top! I think it's cute.

I agree with leaving off the lemon slices, the juice would mess up the frosting. In the future, there is a way to make your own candied lemon slices (orange, lime, etc), and they are super cute, though I've never done it myself. For tomorrow, if you found some little sugared lemon candy slices (target has them...and I know that because I'm eating them now!).

June 27th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I left the stem on I like it better that way! I will have to check out on how to make candy slices...sounds like fun!

I'm starting to get anxious. I'm 11dpo and know spotting and really no AF symptoms besides being tired. I also put fake temps in my chart just so it stays updated. I may temp for real tomorrow just so I know where my temp is at and to see if I should be expecting AF or not.

June 27th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your cupcakes sound delicous!

I'm so sorry that you're at this point of blah with your cycles and even expecting AF to show up. It's not fair. I will hope for you that the no spotting is a good sign and you'll have to find a way to hide the no drinking.
June 29th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Just a quick update...AF showed up yesterday. Boo! I got into Milwaukee yesterday and DH and his Friend made it to Vegas fine and are on the road driving home!

Today, once we get motivated may head over to the zoo!

Have a great Friday!

June 29th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Yay for Zoo!!! Boo for AF (but at least you don't have to worry about not drinking this weekend!) Have fun!

June 29th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry about the Stupid cow!!

I think the stem on the raspberry is perfect. It gives someone a little handle to eat or discard the berry with.

I was also going to suggest making candied lemon slices.

Candied Lemon Slices

1 lemon, thinly sliced
2 cups water to blanch lemon slices

1 cup water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

Thinly slice lemon. Blanch in 2 cups boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
In the same saucepan, stir together 1 cup water and 1 1/2 cups sugar; stir to dissolve sugar.
Add blanched lemon slices and heat until the mixture starts to boil slightly.
Reduce to simmer; simmer uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from heat.

Spray a cooling rack with non-stick spray and place individual lemon slices in a single layer to dry for up to 24 hours.

Store in an airtight container separated with wax paper.

You could do half moon slices since they're going on cupcakes... and the lemon infused sugar syrup can be saved for use in other recipes!!

June 29th, 2012, 05:38 PM

July 1st, 2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks Nikki! I am definitely going to try making those, they sound soooo good!

I had such a fun but tiring weekend! Thursday I got into Milkwaukee sometime after 4 and by time I met up with my friend is was about 5! DH and his friend made it to Vegas and back just fine! They were able to drive back in 2 days and were happy to be home. DH said he thought about suprizing me and going to Milkwaukee and showing up where ever we were. He knew we were at Summerfest and could have gotten when we were there but they just wanted to get home which I can understand that.
Thursday we took a boat ride on Lake Michigan; it was very relaxing and a great idea to kick start the weekend! Afterwards we went bar hopping. We ended up at a bar where it was a 1 year anniversary so ladies drink free and the drinks were good drinks not just beer and rail mixers… .pretty cool!

We went to the Milkwakee Zoo; was a lot of fun to see. The highlight of the Zoo was getting to see the hippo; he was out of the water walking around, something you don’t see very often or at least I don’t get to see when I go to zoo’s; usually they hang out in the water.

Thursday and Friday we went to Summerfest. We got to see Kelly Clarkson, Train, Darius Rucker, Thompson Square, Kelly Pickler, and Lady Antebellum. They all put on a good show! Kelly Clarkson was very energetic but ended up falling at the end walking out. She ended up limping off stage and limped getting into her vehicle so I hope she’s ok which I’m sure she is. I do have to say Lady Antebellum was my favorite; they put on an awesome show! I had so much fun; we pretty much sang along to all the songs, danced and jumped around the entire time lol.

We went out again Saturday since it was my friend’s birthday; I was so exhausted but somehow managed to make it through the night which we ended up not getting back home until 5 in the morning!!!! So yeah… I am so tired now. Oh and before Summerfest on Saturday we went on a Miller Brewery Boat tour! So much fun!!!! It went from 1 -5; we went to 3 different breweries. We are given drink tickets for beer and would hangout then catch the boat to get to the next brewery for more beer! We also had an awesome crew of people on our boat. There was a group of older people; like my parents age and older, who were getting rowdy and dancing around and got everyone into dancing around! By the end we got yelled at by the boat driver because we all were getting a little to rowdy for him I guess lol.

Now it’s Sunday, I’m home and tired! I just wanted to get an update out there… my MIL will be here tomorrow.

TTC…nothing to report. AF has been pretty nice to me this cycle. The first day I started having cramps by early afternoon; took some pain meds and was feeling better by the time we left for Milkwaukee and the cramps stayed away the rest of the weekend yay! Tomorrow should be my last day of AF and then onto another cycle. The last 2 cycles have been normal, no odd spotting or anything so those few weird cycles really was because of my running. That is crazy how something so good for you can really mess with your body which totally sucks because I love running. I still do but cut way back. Like, 2 days a week and short distances and then find different cardio activities the other days of the week.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I will be catching up on journals when I can throughout the week. Once you miss one day, then you can get so far behind so it may take a while.

July 2nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Whew, I got tired just READING about your weekend! Looks and sounds like you had a great time (thanks for the zoo pics!!) I am still so envious of SF. Such a good time...I really miss that...and Wisconsin in general for that matter!

July 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you had an awesome weekend Dawn, im so jealous you got to see Train, i'd love to but I never find them playing anywhere near me!

i hope your feeling rested today and got some sleep in!

p.s. ill pop the lemon curd cake recipe in the receipe bit on the main board this evening

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great weekend, minus the That concert sounds amazing!
July 5th, 2012, 08:23 PM
So far...another crazy week! Monday my MIL flew in. Her flight was supposed to be here at 6:20pm. When we left GB; she was flying in, in Appleton about 30 minutes away her flight was on time. Half way there it started storming, pouring, thundering, and lightening. DH said the flight was delayed about 10 minutes so we’re like ok, no big deal. We get to the airport and waited to see her flight now got delayed until 8 pm. We both are like, what??? So DH ran in to see what was going on and it turns out during the storm the airplane was put in a holding pattern and then they realized they needed to get gas so the plane went to Madison to fuel up and then came back and landed. DH and went to get dinner while we waited. The worst part about this is that my MIL had a cat on the flight poor kitty. The vet cat the cat meds to keep her calm but it didn’t last through flight and the kitty was freaking out and started having seizers… I felt so bad but the kitty is doing really good now. So we didn’t get home until late and basically got my MIL and kitty situated, they are staying in our basement (it’s finished). We don’t want to put all our cats together, at least not yet. Her cat has gone through enough already so she needs time to adjust.

Tuesday I went with a friend to see Magic Mike…the guys were definitely very good looking and had some really good dance moves but some of the moves got to be a little over the top and the story line and acting wasn’t that great but it was worth seeing for the guys..hehe.

Wednesday was a stayed at home day. We really didn’t do much. I made a cake for a friend’s son’s bday. I will post pics! I am very proud of this cake.

Thursday…worked and came home and made another cake and the filling but will be putting it together and decorating it tomorrow for my SIL’s baby shower. Not really looking forward to her shower but whatever I have to go.

So my MIL knows DH and I are trying and said just let her know and she will give us some privacy but I feel a little weird about saying ok we need to BD can you leave for while lol. I told DH we can make it exciting and go parking or pretend we are sneaking around with each other and get cheap hotels. We will figure something out. Then I took an OPK this morning and accidently left it on the back of the to toilet and got a text from DH when I got to work “I threw your pee stick away”. Oops

I hope everyone had a great week so far… Saturday I have the baby shower and then a BBQ and fire in the evening and then I have nothing planned until August!!!!! Woohoo!!!! I am tired of being so busy.

July 6th, 2012, 09:37 AM
That is a freakin' fab cake Dawn! You SHOULD be proud, it's so excellent! I want to see pics of SIL cake

Glad everyone is settled, despite all the drama with MIL flight. Hopefully things will fall into a routine quickly.

I love the idea of cheap hotels and "parking".

July 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM
So....one quick update bec I am irritated. So my cousin who has 4 kids, 3 different daddies is now pregnant with the 5th baby...yea 5th baby 4th daddy. Why...she does not deserve 5 kids!!!! I just don't get it!!!! It was hard enough to go to a baby shower but then having to find out that....grrr

Last edited by blueeyes25s; July 8th, 2012 at 07:33 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search