Dawn's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2012, 06:39 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
July 8th, 2012, 08:07 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Hope things are getting settled with your MIL. Sorry about the frustrating news
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 11th, 2012, 07:26 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I just wanted to post a quick update....first, I apologize as I feel I am not being a good host right now. There has been so much going on and I have been just a little stressed out lately. I am almost feeling like I need a little break from ttc, JM, everything but I'm hoping my trip to Vegas will help although a Vegas vacation isn't really relaxing.

I did however buy another bottle of FertileCM on amazon but the weird part was it was sold directly from amazon this time but I got it in the mail with a little bag of baby dust I thought that was cute. I did have more CM this cycle, I expected for a higher temp jump this morning but since there wasn't I'm hoping to see it tomorrow. My OPK looked pos too but it was one of those that it looked so close that it could have been read any way.

Other than that not much going on, on the ttc front! I hope everyone had a great day.

Forever missing my angel 2010

July 12th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Awww, sorry things are a little rough right now. I know that "I need a break" feeling. I have had (and taken) several of them throughout the years. Just know that if you need to step away for a bit, I've got things here...

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
July 15th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Ditto to Karin. If you need to take a break, take a break. Sometimes it really is necessary to maintain sanity. I hope things improve for you soon.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks ladies and thanks again Karin for having my back.

Things are finally starting to settle down. I have no cake orders for this week and my SIL, her bf, and son have left for the Dells and then will be heading up to Door County for the remainder of there trip.

Friday, we went out for dinner after they got into town and then stopped by a friend's because it was one of our friend's bday and wanted to just hang out for a bit. Saturday we went to a local amusement park called Bay Beach... we had a lot of fun, even though it was hot. This park is small compared to most, we got our first rollar coaster last year called the Zippin Pippin. It was Elivs' favorite roller coaster ride and I guess the city felt it would be a great attraction and it turned out they are right and it has brought in a ton of money. One thing I learned is I can't handle those spinny rides as well as I use too. I felt like I was still spinning yet the next day .

Sunday was a take it easy and relax day, it was nice. It was again really hot so we just hung out in the air conditioning.

Now that my MIL is here, she is staying in the basement which is where all my workout equipment is so I have been having to workout in evening so that has really been messing up with my rountine and I just don't feel like I been having the time to get on as much as I used too...

Cycle wise really nothing different or new. I was kind of shocked to see I am 6DPO O this morning. I haven't really been charting since after I O'ed and will not be charting the remainder of this cycle and my next cycle "Las Vegas" cycle. I just decided not to stress out about it while and before Vegas. It does work out to be in Vegas during my fertile time and I am hoping to get lots of Bding in while on vacation... no excuses not to, right!

Well, I am headed off to get ready for bed! I hope everyone had a wonderful Tuesday!

July 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear you're not getting your workout time in like you used to. It's always an adjustment when you've got a house guest... trying to work around them to stick to your normal routines, figure out the way they like things, etc... I hope you'll be able to get a schedule that works for everyone.

WOOT WOOT for another JM'er takin' a trip to Vegas!! I hope you and DH have a blast and get a ton of Nooky Time! I'm sure it'll be nice to have a hotel room to yourselves, especially now that you've got your MIL staying with you.

I've always got my crossables crossed for you!!
blueeyes25s likes this.

July 18th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks Nikki!

We are finally getting a routine down. My MIL has been very helpful around the house such as cooking dinner, cleaning, and doing the grocery shopping so know complaints there .

Well... I don't have much of an update today; just feeling tired and getting ready to go workout!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

July 18th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'm glad MIL is being helpful!
July 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
Las Vegas Cycle CD2.

This cycle the BBT and OPK's are being put away! I am a little disappointed because when the the trip was planned it would have been in Vegas during most of my fertile time and when I O, now it looks like I could potentially O at the very beginning or even before but I guess at least I won't be there during AF. I still plan to try a lot during our vacation... you just never know

This past weekend ended up being busy again but fun busy. On Saturday we went floating down the river; it was about a 5 hour tubing trip. It's such a relaxing thing to do, or is supposed to but one of the couples ended up fighting most of the trip. Then on Sunday we went up to my friend's parent's cottage with a couple other friends and when swimming, jet skiing, tubing again! One of my favorite things to do is hang out in the water and do water sports I also have a nice tan going from the weekend!

This weekend coming up we have nothing going on and it's staying that way! We have 2 weeks until vegas so I just want to hang low until then. We don't have much planned while in Vegas; we are for sure renting a car for 2 days to go to the Grand Canyon and then to CA to the beach! I can't wait for that! We also were planning on going to see the show O but it turns out that do not have any playings for the week while we were there but then we also so tickets are around $170 a person so we are looking into a other shows. One being Le Reve which is supposed to be similar to O. It looks like it would be a good show but not may not decide if we are going to go until we are there. We don't like to have planned and play it by ear sort of thing. One thing the other couple (well the guy friend) wants to do it hit up strip clubs. DH and I have been to Vegas many times and never went to one and not really sure how I feel about them in Vegas... Have any of you or your S/O been to them??? DH said he doesn't need to go and the other couple can go and we do something else, which I would be ok with.

(SIL preg mentioned):

My sil and brother had there baby on Saturday. They ended up having a boy naming him Oliver. She started contractions early Saturday, Sat evening went to the hospital, she was 7 1/2 cm dilated and 40 min later they had the baby. I got to see him Sun morning to find out there are/were some complications. The doctor is suspecting down syndrome because he has having lack of arm movement and his heart was beating lower than normal. They were monitoring him and his heart beat eventually went up to a normal pace, they also did b/w this morning and tomorrow we will get the results back as to whether or not he was down syndrome. Of course no parent is ever prepared to hear this but they both are now prepared to be the best parent they can be and said he will live his life to the fullest no matter what. They are in such good spirits about it but of course we are all praying everything is ok. One issue with the baby is the umbilical cord was wrapped around the neck and I know sometimes this can cause issues or delayed responses and such so that could be another possibility. There was no talk or mention of this with her pregnancy so it was a shock to all of us. I know the baby was being monitor closely because of the umbilical cord was wrapped around the neck and they were talking about a possible c-section which they didn't have to do.

I just feel bad because I had such a hard time accepting the pregnancy because of how fast it happened and how or more like when they announced it and then this happens so yeah, now I'm a little mad at myself for that.

On that note, someone else at work just announced they are pregnant. I swear it doesn't end. As soon as one person has a baby, the next person is announcing they are pregnant I don't know how much more I can take but at the same token, I haven't cried in a long time over not getting pregnant and when other people are announcing there pregnancies.

If you are wondering; no I haven't gotten the ball rolling on the SA. Things have gotten so crazy around here, I just haven't had the chance and to be honest it kind of got pushed back to the back of my mind until recently. I think Aug 3rd I am going to call my doctor to put in the order just because that is the friday before we leave for Vegas and I took a vacation day that day, it's just easier to call from home then having to try calling from work. This just sucks it has to come down to this but whatever, if this is the cards we were dealt, then we just need to deal with it and move on (that's my motto these days).

Again, I apologize I feel like such a bad host. It just has been hard getting on here as often as I use to anymore. I am trying to keep but after missing a couple days I just get sooo behind.

Sorry this is so long but thanks for reading! I hope everyone had a great Monday and have a wonderful week!

July 23rd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Sounds like you had a super fun weekend! I loved water sports at the lake when I lived in the midwest. So much summer fun! I know what you mean about being busy. I have been as well. We are going on our 10 day camping/road trip the same time your Vegas vaca is (approx), so we are trying to lay low until then...but of course, we have tons going on! This upcoming weekend we have "nothing" but we have to finalize all of our gear and such. Jeepers. Do you know where in CA you are headed?

I saw the pic of Oliver on FB. I hope it turns out to be just a delayed reaction, but if Down's, then I'm glad your SIL and brother are prepared to be the best parents they can be. Life works in funny ways. I'm sure he will be an amazing child, and your SIL/bro will be amazing parents! Congrats Auntie!

And for the record, NO, it NEVER ends

I'll PM you about hosting, but don't you worry about things. The only time things are going to get dicey is when we are BOTH gone on vacation! I'm sure this fine group of competent ladies will do just fine

xx
July 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Actually, I think we decided on Santa Monica, CA. My SIL was telling us about an amazing beach there so as of right now that's the plan, I just hope that the plan sticks because that is the ONE thing I really want to do.

I think everything will be fine around here while we are out

July 23rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
Santa Monica is great!! x
July 23rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
I really wanted to take the boat out this weekend, but we had to get our house and yard in shape for hosting guests

Congrats on the new nephew - he looks perfect to me!

I am almost positive that at least one person in my department has been pregnant at all times for the last 3 years. Several people are on their second since I've been trying

I have not been to a strip club in Vegas. I would go with a group if they wanted to, but DH isn't really into them, so we never have.

I know how you feel about making calls like that at work - I sometimes sit in my car over break to do it. Makes me miss my Mondays off sometimes...
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 23rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks about my nephew. He looks perfect to me too

I'm with you on that too...i know people how have had 2 kids since I have started trying grrr... It is what it is I guess.

DH says he isn't into strip clubs but this guy, that's all he can talk about, it's like seriously??? My MIL was saying that its expenisve for guys to even get in and I know DH wouldn't pay money to get into one. I just never been to one, I guess that's why I am asking.. Just don't know how I feel. I guess if it came down to a groups thing I would go but we will see. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right

July 24th, 2012, 09:30 AM
DH and I aren't big fans, but I would go if it were a group thing. They don't bother me in anyway, but I would rather spend my time and $$$ doing other things. I would rather see a classy topless revue to be honest! Just an idea!
July 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I agree, I would rather spend money on other things. I would rather go see a show like zumanity.

Vegas cycle CD3....AF is really light today, I'm not complaining but it is my like a CD4 flow.

I took a Zumba class tonight... I am really liking Zumba so I plan to take as many Zumba classes before Vegas as I can. I was hoping to lose another 5 lbs before but I don't think thats going to happen.

Well...I really don't have much talk about and the cats want to play .

I hope everyone had a great Tuesday!

July 24th, 2012, 05:38 PM
OMG I suck at Zumba so bad! I made a deal with my friend a couple years ago. I made her come to spin with me, and she said if she did that, I'd have to go to Zumba with her. It was such a joke! Don't get me wrong, the class was amazing, and super, super fun, but I am about the least coordinated person on the planet, and I was laughing so hard because of how poorly I was keeping up!
July 24th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
OMG I suck at Zumba so bad! I made a deal with my friend a couple years ago. I made her come to spin with me, and she said if she did that, I'd have to go to Zumba with her. It was such a joke! Don't get me wrong, the class was amazing, and super, super fun, but I am about the least coordinated person on the planet, and I was laughing so hard because of how poorly I was keeping up!
it is hard at first but so much fun!

I forgot to mention that I was talking to my MIL and I guess she didn't have any problems getting pregnant, she got pregnant her first try with both kids.

There really are know known infertility problems on my side or his but of course there are so many factors so who knows,..

July 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Just a quick update...it turns out my new nephew does have down syndrome. They do not have anymore details than that. Please pray that it isn't to severe.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search