Dawn's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats great that you got DH's SA scheduled

Agree with Jenny - crappy month for us TTC#1 ers - boo!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 17th, 2012, 03:52 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I hope you all don't mind but I would like to post pregnancy updates for a little while before moving to the 'other side', it just really hasn't sunken in, and now I kind of wished I would have kept a journal for this past cycle but oh well...no biggie.

Friday August 17th! I wake up just before 5am after sleeping like crap the night before. I woke up way to early but whatever. I had to pee horribly bad so I had to get the cat off of me... I go to the bathroom to see no AF, no spotting (I put a panty liner on just in case) but nothing. I'm just thinking... it's coming it's CD27, I must have O'd a little later this cycle because that does happen from time to time. Anyways, I laid back in bed and of course wide awake because all I can think about is I want to test but I know that's no no should wait until Saturday. Then the idea of using an OPK came to mind (I really didn't know what to expect) so a little while later I managed to pee again and used an opk (I have been peeing a bit more this week). It came back back positive....I was in shock but thinking whatever it's an opk, maybe i have cyst or something??? Then Crystal so kindly urged me to test so I said, I am going... so I left quickly to wal-mart (about 5 min from my house) came back, showered, got ready for work and then I started feeling the urge to pee so I tested. Within seconds there was a positive... that fast! I am pleased with how dark the line is but have NO idea when I O'd.

This morning left a message for the nurse, she finally called me back around 3 this afternoon...(i was getting irritated) waiting but left work at 3:30 headed to the clinic for b/w and said they would rush it but got a call just after 5 saying the results are not back yet and I will have them Monday Morning. They did an hcg test and a progesterone test and will want to do another progesterone test on Tuesday.. then we will go from there. The clinic stays my EDD is April 29th. My birthday is April 18th so I'm very excited about that. After my b/w I ran to wal-mart again to pick up digi's took it when I get home and it says PREGNANT!!!

I don't really feel pregnant and I am still spotting on and off but very lightly, basically when wipe. The nurse said to just drink lots of fluids, take it easy, and call if anything changes or heavy cramping. I don't really have any symptoms yet that I picked up on.. that worries me a bit to but I am going to try my hardest not to worry! I did notice an increase in CM last week but kind of thought maybe it was from taking the FertileCM and I have been breaking out like crazy!

We are off for dinner but will update a bit more later...

Happy friday!

Forever missing my angel 2010

Last edited by blueeyes25s; August 17th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
August 17th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Ok..back from dinner...

I am so beyond excited right now and will definitely be praying for all you girls to be getting your BFPs very soon! I do wonder how out of the blue, it just happened this month? What changed from a year ago? Why did it have to take so long? Either way, it's just weird. The only thing I did was stop running completely; I haven't ran in like 3 weeks, continue taking my vit 6 & 12, an started using FertileCM... This past cycle I knew we were going to be in Vegas and I was planning on scheduling the SA so I was at a point where i didn't think it was every going to happen for us therefore I said I am not going to chart or use opk's and just relax, enjoy our vacation and that is EXACTLY what I did. Many people keep saying it's the luck of the hosts but honestly maybe a little bit but I think I that's the case otherwise it would have happened much sooner. Either way, I'm going to enjoy this and not think about what or why. Just knowing what helped would be helpful in the future when we decide to have more children.

Anyway's it's Friday, time to relax and hang with dh.

Sorry about all the pregnancy talk, etc. I promise to keep it to a minimum in my ttc#1 because I do understand how you all feel. I just want to wait to see how the next couple weeks pan out.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

August 17th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Woooooohooooo. Ok i'm pretty sure I didn't ask kindly. I think there was some demanding
August 18th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
Woooooohooooo. Ok i'm pretty sure I didn't ask kindly. I think there was some demanding
Lol! Yea a little demanding but I needed that.

August 19th, 2012, 05:17 PM
This weekend was pretty much just hanging around the house but ending up babysitting last minute for my friend on Saturday for a couple hours and then on Sunday I watched my nephew for a couple hours while my sister cut and colored my MIL's hair but I am pretty worn out after watching my nephew.

I have decided that after tomorrow's b/w results come back, if all goes good I will start a journal in the grads section. I am not really ready but I don't want to keep updating my journal here with so many people ttc. So next is just some updates so don't read if you don't want too..

Today I am 4 weeks!!!! I am still on but still really nervous. I do feel different than last time.

The time I m/c I had a ton of symptoms before my missed period. They were extremely tender and heavy boobs, constantly hungry, heightened smell and taste, I would get nauseous, constant acid reflux, and cramping. I didn't have any spotting, I just knew I was before my missed period. I tested and the lines were light so we went and got a digi for confirmation.

As for right now, not really a whole of symptoms yet. My bbs are starting to get heavy and tender, my appetite is pretty much the same, no cramping; I did have a little cramping the first couple days of spotting, then cramping on and off for like the 3rd day of spotting. The spotting has completely stop and I haven't really had any more cramping. I feel twinges here and there and maybe a little cramp here and there but nothing thats constant. I have been feeling really thirsty though; this morning I got up and went grocery shopping brought a bottle of water along, finished that and had to buy another one at the grocery store , which reminds me, my biggest symptom is that I have been peeing a lot. Do you normally pee this much this early? I'm thinking maybe it's the amount of water I have been drinking.

I did another hpt test today... here's the pic

I'm also posting the digi to reference in my journal..

Last edited by blueeyes25s; August 19th, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
August 19th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, Dawn! I don't get over here often enough!!! I hope this is your sticky bean!!! I had spotting with this pregnancy until around 4 weeks, too. I also started the frequent peeing early. I can't remember how early, but it was before 6 weeks. I also got pregnant with this one on a vacation (or actually the day we came back) so there may be something to it!

I think it's a great sign that this pregnancy feels so different. Most women I talk to who have had their rainbows say that their full-term pregnancy felt very different from their miscarriage. I had symptoms up the wazoo with my first, but much fewer this time, or at least it took them longer to show up.

I'm so happy for you!!!
blueeyes25s likes this.
August 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks so much Robyn!!! There must be something about vacations

August 19th, 2012, 06:58 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
It's about the hormone changes at the beginning, so yes, peeing a lot is totally a symptom and you're likely thirsty because blood volume is one of the first things that goes up as well :yes:

Congrats, I'm so happy for you!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

August 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Just got my results back....

hcg is 131
Progesterone is 19.94

She said that was good. I will be going back tonight for a repeat test.
Wizza likes this.

August 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Glad that the numbers looked good!!! Will be awaiting your next batch
blueeyes25s likes this.
NTNP #2
August 20th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks!

I have my u/s scheduled Sept 6th!!! That's the day DH was supposed to have his SA done
Nicholle ttc likes this.

August 20th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a great co-incidence about the date for your u/s, so happy for you!

I might have missed it but how did you tell DH?

August 20th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Oh...I may not have said. I waited until his alarm went off and when it went off and ran in and as he was rubbing his eyes and just getting out of bed I said 'I guess we can cancel your SA appointment' he looks at me like what. I said 'I'm pregnant' bad showed him the test and showed him how dark the line was I comparison to last time.

I sat and thougt about how I wanted to tell, if I wanted to make it special but then as I was thinking about it I knew I wanted to get in with he doctor for b/w that day so I figured I would just tell him right away. He was just as shocked as I was and he's just as nervious as I was. We are both very excited but I don't think it's real yet to him.

It is so hard not tell anyone right now, especially my MIL becuase she is living with us. I actually told him, we can tell her tonight or tomorrow if the b/w is still looking good. It's just hard not telling someone you live why you are constantly going to the bathroom It is also hard not being able to talk about it around her. I really wanted to wait until after our u/s appointment to tell anyone but we will see what DH decides.

August 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bless DH being told whilst he half asleep! I think its understandable that your both still nervous at this stage, I hope those lovely lines getting darker and your numbersare good signs that this will be it for you guys!

It must be difficult not being able to talk about it much at home, i know id be wanting to chat about it all the time lol!

When will you get the second set of b/w results back?

August 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Just catching up, I'm so happy for you!!!!! I know it's early, but I can't wait to stalk your pregnancy journal!!!!
blueeyes25s likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

August 21st, 2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks Nicholle!

Jen...I should be hearing back sometime today. I was hoping to have the results by now!!!!

I did another test today and it is darker

Last edited by blueeyes25s; August 21st, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
August 21st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Ok...my b/w results are in...

Hcg 491
Progesterone 16.65

The doctor said I can go on progesterone if I want but doesn't think it's necessary since my hcg number is reall good. I guess it is common to that the progesterone levels may drop a bit before rising.

August 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
HCG looks to be doubling nicely, and your tests are looking GREAT
blueeyes25s likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!