Dawn's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Use your first one, and use an adjuster

Honestly, I don't know how you are making yourself take the actual oil. I love fish, and I can't imagine doing that!

Happy Weekend!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 16th, 2012, 06:46 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Use your first one, and use an adjuster

Honestly, I don't know how you are making yourself take the actual oil. I love fish, and I can't imagine doing that!

Happy Weekend!
I did use an adjuster but it's not showing up as an adjusted temp

Lol...I didn't think I could do it again but I did it. I mixed it with juice, plugged my nose, and chased it with a little bit of soda! No fishy burps but I'm not sure if I can continue doing this

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
CD24 9DPO

Warning major vent session right now….

Saturday afternoon I get a text from my sister; “are you doing anything for St. Patty’s Day?” My thought is she is looking for a babysitter. It turns out I was right; so I proceed to respond, “yes we are going to a friend’s for a fire and a couple drinks.” Her, “Ok, this sucks, I can’t find a babysitter. I can’t do anything anymore!) That irritates me for more than one reason. One because if I had a baby, I wouldn’t care out going out on St. Patty’s Day; I would much rather family festivals. Two my 23 year old sister has a son and never wanted kids and now has a son with her boyfriend. Three, she is too busy putting herself first and pushes her son off on my parents to babysit every chance she gets! I do love my nephew and would love every opportunity to babysit; I just don’t think it’s right to choose drinking over being with her son. Don’t get me wrong, I think she is a great mom but she’s a young mom…kwim???

Today I went to a baby shower; we all know baby showers just remind us of the one thing we don’t have that we want so of course that was hard. I am super happy for the girl who is having a baby but of course she got pregnant on her first try……. What made the shower so hard is that I sat a table of girls from work how all recently had babies and one is pregnant. Most of the conversation revolved around their baby’s…ugh! The girl who is pregnant must be either freaking out or not very interested in having a baby. She kept making comments like (there was a baby there crying) and she says, “great, that is what I have to look forward too” and she just doesn’t get very excited. I remember a while back when girls at working were talking about their baby’s she commented she’s glad she only has a dog (of course this was before she was pregnant). Granted none these ladies knows I’m trying but still!!!! Then everyone always feels the need to complain about their kids and what I mean about complain is the cost, time, no sleep blah blah blah. I’m sure every parent has the right to complain but really??? They just don’t appreciate what they have.

Not to mention…there was like 4 other pregnant women at this shower!

So that was my vent for this weekend. I was looking ahead at my calendar; this cycle is 2 years since we started ttc and the next cycle is the cycle I got pregnant (2 yrs ago). The only reason I am mentioning this is because if AF shows this cycle my next cycle AF is expected to arrive two days before my birthday and that was the same scenario as the cycle I got pregnant giving me a due date of Christmas therefore if I were to get pregnant my next cycle I would have a due date of Christmas again…(knock on wood). I am not getting my hopes up by any means, I just think it’s kind of ironic how my cycle is falling especially since my cycle isn’t the same every month (it’s not every 28 days; etc). A year ago we were on a 3 month break from ttc because of me switching jobs so I wasn’t tracking….

As for me current cycle not much going on; I had an increase in temp but it was really warm in my house. I know when the weather changes my temp don’t generally change but I do think my temp was because I was under the covers in my really warm house  because my temps never get that high. The only symptoms I have are my really sore bbs. Oh and it’s CD 24 and no spotting; last month I started spotting on CD 24.

If you read this entire post, thanks for listening!

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!

March 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM
CD 25 10DPO

I don't have much of an update today. My temp dropped and I started spotting.... that says it's all!

March 19th, 2012, 07:55 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 20th, 2012, 12:27 PM
The officially made her arrival

Oh well....onto another cycle. This morning I told DH that if I do not get my BFP by the time I have to run my half marathon in May he will be going in for an SA; He doesn't have a choice . Like I have said he just thinks it will happen again since it happened once and that there is nothing wrong with us that is why he's not being so cooperative when it comes to getting doctors involved.

I'm just getting tired of trying and getting nowhere; I don't know how you all do it?!?!?

Anyways, I'm just not in the best of moods right now but I am excited for tonight because I am taking a cake decorating class with a friend!!!

Have a good day everyone!

March 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Stupid witch

I would love to be able to decorate cakes - have fun!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
March 21st, 2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks Jenny! I had a lot of fun, I can't wait for the next class! The classes are Tuesday night until 8 so I may not make the Tuesday night chats for a while or be late..

I do have two cakes lined up already! I love baking and doing this kind of stuff so I'm hoping to start doing this stuff on the side for people .

March 21st, 2012, 08:59 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved taking my cake decorating class! Is it a Wilton class?

Sorry about the fishy burps. I have one that's called Nature's Made or Nature's Miracle or something (it's in a green bottle and I bought it at CVS) and it doesn't give me fishy aftertaste or burps.

That is interesting how your cycles are aligning. I'm glad you're getting your husband in for a SA if you don't have anything happen by May. A lot can change in two years. I think it's worth trying these small steps while you can. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you won't need it, though!
March 21st, 2012, 09:14 PM
Yes, it's a Wilton class. I love it so far! For next week we have to make a cake and a filling. I'm thinking I am going to do a white cake with an orange dream buttercream filling!

Thanks for the suggestion, I will check those out.

Thanks Robyn! I really hope so too... it's just hard not knowing why it isn't happening, know what I mean?

March 25th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I can understand that. It's especially hard when you've had a loss.

I should take a Wilton class again. It's been a few years and I've forgotten a lot. I know I had trouble with the roses because I'm left-handed and the teacher was right-handed!
March 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Here we go again..... CD 6

I have been so busy checking out Nikki's journal, I have forgotten to update my own . It's kind of that time in the cycle where much isn't going on anyways.

I decided to go buy the CVS thermometer just out of curiosity, since so many people seem to like CVS over the Walgreens one. So yesterday morning my CVS temp was 97.08 and Walgreens 96.8 and for today was CVS temp was 97.07 and Walgreens temp was 96.8. I found the difference interesting. So I’m going to use CVS one this month and it will be interesting to see what my temps do. I think they are going to be higher though.

I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday went shopping, picked up some supplies for my cake decorating class and did a little shopping and picked up some stuff for the house. Sunday I got up early and went grocery shopping for the week and as I was pulling in the driveway I see a turkey on the side of our house!!! That was my excitement for the morning. I posted a pic on Facebook. I spent most of the morning baking… I made pancakes for breakfast (it’s been a long time since I had pancakes) and then made my cake, the frosting, and the filling! I made a yellow cake, buttercream frosting, and a dream orange filling. On Tuesday we get to put the filling in, frost it, and go decorate it. I can’t wait.

This afternoon I got to babysit my nephew for a couple hours. He was so good. He is now 6 months and he has gotten so big but still changing and looking like more and more like my sister (his mom) every day!

I am not just hanging out with DH looking at different vacation options and pricing so we will see. Hopefully we will have something booked soon!!!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

March 25th, 2012, 07:30 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
What kind of cake decorating class are you taking? I took a Wilton one at our local Joann's when we were living in Chicago, and it was so much fun! I have made lots of nice cakes for birthdays since then, and I'm hoping to get to take one of the other classes at some point. Enjoy the class (and post pics of your results!)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 25th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I am taking a Wilton class at our local JoAnn's too!!! I will definitely post pics!

March 27th, 2012, 11:08 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just popping by to say hi!! I think that your new thermometer is probably more accurate, so it'll be interesting to see what your chart looks like this month!

And have fun vacation-spot shopping!! Definitely a fun subject to research!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

March 27th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks Jackie! I vacay shopping too!

Yesterday DH put in his request to take off in June and there are no full weeks avaiable . He said there was a Wed - Fri one week. So I'm not sure what we are going to do now. I really wanted to go around our wedding anniversary because this is our 5 year anniversary. I guess we now have to wait until DH can figure out if they will let him have off before we decide on our destination. We are thinking we can do Vegas for a shorter vacay if DH can't get a full week off. So we will see.

I told DH we need to try our hardest this month and start BDing every other day or at least every chance we get This is our last chance for a 2012 baby and could be a Christmas baby! I think my hopes are to high for this cycle even though I haven't O'ed yet. I think bec I am just really hoping this is my cycle.

Nothing much going on; slow at work again today and tonight I will be decorating a cake!!!

Last edited by blueeyes25s; March 27th, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
March 27th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Here's a picture of my cake I decorated tonight!

Don't mind the cake crumbs that landed on my cake from being in the cover and a couple oops on my cake too. Oh well.

March 28th, 2012, 05:54 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Very cute! Well done!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 28th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Thanks!

March 28th, 2012, 09:42 AM
That stinks your husband can't get the time off. I hope you're able to work something out! I hope this is your cycle, too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search