Sapph's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sapph's Journey through Clomid

WHeee. This is my side effects update. I didn't read much on the side effects because I didn't want to imagine them.. though both the RE and the pharmacy warned about hot flashes..so that one I knew about.

I took it at 9am.

By 11am, I felt stoned out of my tree. Kind of like what I feel like when taking cold medication. I found myself staring at the walls, the computer, my coworker... crazy. That feeling wore off by about 3pm. WHich is good because I had to drive at 4:30

Between 3 and 4:30..it was restless energy..but I'm pretty much tied to my desk at work..but yeah, I was getting pretty antsy.

At supper I just got insanely hot. Lasted about 10 minutes until I basically went down to the basement, stripped down a little bit and laid on the nice cold leather couch.. LOL. We spent the night down there watching tv, which I was glad about.

I did get some major tunnel vision down there and crazy amounts of concentration - but that is probably not related to the clomid

Then it came time for bed. I was EXHAUSTED, couldn't keep my eyes open. Should have had a wonderful night of sleep. Instead, I went to bed at 9:30, closed my eyes... doop de doo.. waiting to fall asleep..whee...lalalala...waiting...around midnight Appa wanted to go out and lay on the deck, so I put him out since I wasn't asleep yet (though tired)..and laid on the couch for an hour until he wanted to come in..crawled back into bed.. I looked at the clock around 2:45..then I found myself waking up at 5.. So yep, 3 hours of sleep.

I do feel rested because I spent all that time laying with my eyes closed, just resting. I hate to say it..but I felt VERY much like how I did when taking some illegal substances in my wild and crazy days...but without the high. LOL. Between the "out of body experience", the insane concentration, the inability to sleep though tired...pretty similar.

After googling, I found out that insomnia is one of the less common side effects .. lovely.

So .. next cycle.. I'm going to try taking it at night!
WTTC #2

Last edited by Sapphera; June 29th, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
June 29th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Oh, I should also say.. after dinner DH asked if I wanted him to go to DQ and get us blizzards since I was so hot and we had no ice cream at home... I was fighting back tears when I told him not to go. Not sure if I was wanting to cry because he was sweet or if it was because I told him "no" when I really did want one.... (we're trying to keep eating healthy) ...

I was fairly close to tears a few times and had to suck them back..lol.

Just took today's pill...let the fun begin!!
WTTC #2
June 29th, 2012, 03:37 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Oh boy! Fun fun!

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 13th, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
July 13th, 2012, 07:22 AM
I know I haven't posted much, but today I am just feeling so so so low about everything.

Cycle wise.. it's CD 18 and still no O. So it's pretty clear that the clomid didn't do anything this round. And to top it off, I most likely won't get the chance to take the blood test in time to get the dosage bumped up next cycle. There was a fire Wednesday in Shaw's telecomm building (they're our big internet provider) and they apparently housed all of Alberta Health Services records. So while they're expecting the system to be restored by tomorrow (by flying all the backup tapes to Ontario and setting everything up from there) .. they're basically cancelling elective surgeries, etc.. and Calgary Lab Services (that handles blood tests) are cancelling all non-essential tests. So my CD 21 test is most likely NOT going to happen on Monday

And to top it off..DH and I are in the middle of a huge fight and we are no longer on speaking terms (over something really dumb, but I'm being stubborn and think that DH needs to grow up and I'm not giving on this one) and I'm not sure where I'm staying tonight. I'm thinking I might take the dog to the lake for the weekend instead of enjoying a weekend here and going to the Stampede.

So.. I don't know what's going to happen to anything right now. I'm just so upset and I'm just ready to quit everything right now.
WTTC #2
July 13th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Awwww, honey, hang in there. All things happen for a reason...including all of this. I went through a rough patch with DH a few months ago, also over something dumb. It finally worked itself out (and I didn't give in either). A nice weekend at the lake might be just what you need....

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 13th, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
July 13th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks Karin. I'm still pretty upset about the whole thing, and just think that it's just so stupid...but.. hopefully it will work out.
WTTC #2
July 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
It will work out. No matter how stooooopid.
July 15th, 2012, 06:56 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I hope things improved for you over the weekend!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 16th, 2012, 09:01 AM
~ CD 21, 3 DPO ~

So, things with DH and I have smoothed over, but only because DH pretends the whole thing never happened.. *rolls eyes*. We'll have a talk later this week though (well, I will be having a talk with him).. so hopefully it'll go well.

Stampede was a ton ton ton of fun, so glad that I stayed in the city and went. We watched the Superdogs (agility), went on some rides, ate midway food, and had a great time.

The only thing that sucks is as of Saturday the temperatures have come way down (to low 20s), which is normally my ideal range of temps.. but I'm not sure if I'm having issues adjusting or what..but I'm still feeling hot all the time (apparently it was freezing in the house last night and I was still boiling and had the fan on me, etc). I actually got out of bed today, got ready for work and went into the kitchen and had to sit down because i was extremely nauseous from the heat. Weird.

It may have something to do with my internal temps .. which my temps are higher than they've ever been (probably due to the clomid), but this wouldn't really make sense to me.

And yes, I O'd finally. Not sure how I feel about that.. I still O'd later than what is ideal, but only by 4 days... My bloodtest today is ON though I probably won't get the results til the end of the week instead of tomorrow because of the fire in the datacenter last week. I'm assuming the bloodtest today will show the results the same as if it was 7 DPO??

However, sadly my new health care card has not come in the mail yet, so I know they're going to get snippy again at the fact that my name on the health care card and the name on my requisition is different. Ah well.
WTTC #2
July 16th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Hmm, did some reading and that today will definitely be too early for a good progesterone check, but I'm going to do it anyways. Next Monday I have a cd 28 test, so that one will most likely have more accurate numbers since it'll be 10DPO.
WTTC #2
July 16th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Glad you had a fun weekend! I saw on FB that you stayed in town, and I'm glad you had a blast!
July 16th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Whee... blood draw done.
We had issues finding good veins (uhm, mine are really dark..but apparently they weren't good enough with the big ones...so he used a butterfly needle on an itty bitty vein)...and OWWWW. LOL.

I'll remember that guy for next week and hope that I don't have him again... hehehe.
WTTC #2
July 16th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Having been through months of blood draws, and being that I have crappy veins (one is good, but a jumper, and the other arm is non-existent), I can tell you that drinking a boatload of water before my draws REALLY helped. I say that because that's what the ladies who did my draws said! No more pain!
July 16th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I might have to try that... I don't drink water, but I can get sufficient liquids of some sort in me prior to going next time

Good advice
WTTC #2
July 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I don't drink water either, but each time I went to get a blood draw (every other day for 16 days, you do the math), they often time had to try twice, once in each arm. One time, they had to do 3 times. That, plus all the injections I was already doing, made for a not fun time. I decided to suck it up and drink water, and lots of it. But, when I didn't feel like water, I would at least drink juice or seltzer or something. I stopped drinking coffee on those mornings until after my tests, too!

Oh, and if I DIDN'T drink my water, they totally called me out...they always knew! That's how much of a difference it made!
July 16th, 2012, 06:35 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Glad you had a fun weekend, and hope DH 'gets it' when you talk.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM
That's crazy Karin.. I know you went through a TOn of pokies.. (owwies). I'll stock up on some crystal light... LOL!!!

Thanks Jenny
WTTC #2
July 20th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I haven't written much since I haven't had too much to say. Been feeling kind of "meh" and didn't want to whine and carry on..LOL.

I just finally got my results from my CD21 progesterone draw.. it was a 14.1 so they detected the ovulation (duh, I know I did from temping..teehee) and they said not to worry about going in for my CD28 draw.. WOOHOOO!!!!

ANd they're keeping me on the same 50mg dose
WTTC #2
July 20th, 2012, 10:05 AM
That's great you don't have to do another blood draw!
July 23rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Normally I don't post when I'm feeling "meh"..but I'm breaking that rule today.

I'm in the homestretch of the 2WW now, and just feeling "meh". The end of this month will mark the end of the 19th month of TTC (Beginning month 20 in August). And I'm nearing the end of cycle 11.

In some ways, I'm relieved that I have had longer cycles... I've only had to deal with about half the heartbreak of other ladies that have been TTC for 19 months. But on the other hand, I feel robbed of those extra chances. Sure, with the PCOS it probably WOULD have just been more heartbreak, but still.

SO yeah.. feeling a little pensive today about everything. Our timing was so off this cycle it's not funny (one of my marked BDs during the fertile period didn't happen thanks to DH's temper tantrum, but I never removed it).. so, just waiting for the next cycle to start.
WTTC #2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search