Sapph's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know I'll tell you all about it after I get back from it
WTTC #2
April 19th, 2012, 08:36 AM
~ CD 65 of Cycle 9

Went to my appointment last night at the fertility clinic and we could talk about what is probably going to be the course of treatment, but of course, we have to wait for DH's analysis and he ordered some more bloodwork and an HSG for me.

Sucky thing... This cycle is annovulatory..which means I have NO idea when AF would start. AND I have a trip planned. What this means for the HSG to happen is... I need AF to start TODAY or TOMORROW before 3pm.. and hope they have room in 2 days to get it done..OR not have AF until May 3rd at the earliest because I won't be home until the 9th.

If it starts anywhere between that... then I have to wait another cycle.

Followup appointment was booked for May 29th.

It was funny, I was looking up the reviews of the different drs at the program, and I got one of the 2 with the best ratings..and he specifically mentioned when I made my next appointment to make it for him..so while I was expecting to just see "any one of them" like they say on their site..looks like that may not be the case if you're not an IVF patient.

DH is being totally cute and was talking all night about making babies and singing songs about it that he was making it up on the spot and even this morning he woke up talking about it.. LOL.. I think he's MORE than ready now, unlike a year ago when he was ready to start trying, but not TOTALLY on board.

NonTTC stuff...
I finished my part of my performance reviews and MAN, i hate those things. We were supposed to have the whole thing done by the end of the month, but my boss is going away next week on a training course, so looks like I won't get mine done until I'm back from my holidays mid-May. Yay

I'm also taking a break for the next couple weeks on my dog training stuff. I was going to take next week off for sure, but I decided I just have too much going on and I'm seriously burning out right now..so I need a "me night" tonight rather than observing 3 more hours of dog classes.

So .. looking forward to a relaxing night tonight..catch upon some House, Glee, and if there's time.. American Idol .. yes, I'm weird that way.
WTTC #2
April 19th, 2012, 08:41 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Sounds like you had a great appointment...that's how my first one was...no real plan until all the testing was done (SA/HSG). But I'm glad you got a "good" doctor, and at least you have a direction! Here's hoping that AF arrives when you need her to!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 19th, 2012, 08:51 AM
It was definitely a good one. He was surprised that I knew so much..but in the day of the internet, he shouldn't be THAT surprised..but then, most of my knowledge comes from everyone here

So now it's more of the waiting game, but at least now it's not a painful one!!
WTTC #2
April 19th, 2012, 04:15 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I hope AF shows for you soon, so you can get onto the next cycle. Either way, it's great you found a good doctor and you know are able to begin with testing. I hope you find some answers so you can proceed down the route you need to go. Continue to KUP.

It's nice to have 'me' time, we all need it from time to time.

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Glad you got somewhat of a plan. I hope AF cooperates for you!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
April 19th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did they talk about giving you something to start AF if she doesn't show? Which doctor did you end up seeing? I can honestly say I loved all the docs I met!
April 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM
I have Dr O'Keane.. and he doesn't want to start AF artificially since we're just doing all the testing stuff. If DH's SA would have been done prior, he probably would have.

With the followup appt being in 6 weeks, she WILL show up at some point..just a matter of whether the timing will work or not (like if she shows next week..cuz then I'll be in California for CD 6-10 instead of getting in for the HSG..LOL). Of course, my only other concern is the last time I had a cycle like this, I had a 2 week period..so we'll see where we're at. If it hasn't worked out for some reason by the next appt, I'll be asking about it

~CD 66 of Cycle #9
TTCwise, not much to report.. still no AF, so at this point I'm hoping she stays away until May 3rd. Not an unrealistic expectation since my annovulatory cycles tend to be around 80 days-ish..but the whole spotting for over a week thing is getting old.

Finally gave in and told my parents about everything...my mom was upset I hadn't told her we were trying, but I told her I didn't want there to be pressure and I was hoping for the surprise announcement. I always forget her side of things..yeah, she's hounding me..and she knows about the PCOS and fertility issues I'd have... but on the other side, my brother and I are adopted because they had unexplained infertility. So I have a feeling instead of bugging me daily for any news, she may actually be more supportive than I originally gave her credit for. Kinda feel guilty about that now.

Ended up having a crazy night last night instead of a relaxing one..had to do some running around for our upcoming trip, and then my dad realized he was missing the registration for the car DH and I are supposed to be driving home from Cali..and may need that to get across the border.. so I had to rummage through all his files to find it... but I found it, so now we know we can get home
WTTC #2
April 20th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you have a plan and a good doctor. I hope AF holds off until May 3rd!
April 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

As much as I don't wish IF on anyone, I think it may be a blessing that your mother has walked in those shoes.

My parents TTC for 5 years before they finally got pg with me, and it has been so wonderful to know that, while I've had to explain the various fertility treatments we've gone through, I've never had to explain the emotional impact of it all. They know.

I see the sympathetic hurt in their eyes every month that I go through this, but it's never from pity or disappointment. It's because each time, they're reminded of their own unsuccessful months... hoping for the best, always bracing for the worst.

It's truly been a blessing, for me, to have that commonality with my parents. To share something so intimate, to still be able to curl up in my mother's lap to cry as that vulnerable little girl and not have to explain why.

Geesh! Didn't mean to "sap" all over your journal there!!
kbpeanut likes this.

April 20th, 2012, 05:12 PM

My brother and I are also both adopted...my parents "way back then" tried for many years before they discovered she has a double uterus. I only recently learned that she had 9 miscarriages before they even found out. My mom and I are close in some ways, but it wasn't until recently that I told my folks we were going the MA route. She had been pressuring for years, and I was over it. After my brother and SIL did IVF, I knew she'd understand, which of course she does, and it's so much better knowing that she is no stranger to the hurt of it all.
Coley likes this.

April 21st, 2012, 05:50 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I agree with Nikki... in a way it's nice that you have parents that can understand and can be supportive. Most people in my family do not understand what we are going through which makes it hard to not have that support.

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 21st, 2012, 07:54 AM
Dawn!! We'll fill in all the support we can!
blueeyes25s likes this.

April 21st, 2012, 04:34 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's great you told your mom! At least now she won't be pushing for children, she'll be more understanding My mom wasn't so understanding of why we'd want to spend the $ on a baby because she's never had a desire for anything that she couldn't just get.

Praying your body cooperates with your holidays!
April 23rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
Still no AF and the spotting stopped yesterday... so hopefully things will be in the clear for a while longer...LOL.

DH's SA is wednesday and he keeps talking about it..so i finally asked him why he was so fixated and he said he was nervous... not about the results though.. just about having to go in and get it done... poor guy.
WTTC #2
April 23rd, 2012, 03:16 PM
That's totally understandable. My DH has been more than I could've ever hoped for with all that we've gone through, always being 110% willing to subject himself to whatever might work... but even he was a bit nervous about providing his first... sample.

Once he got the first one under his belt, it was a piece of cake from there.

I hope you guys get great results back!!

April 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM
CD 1.... Cycle 10.

Yep, AF decided not to cooperate and came "early"... so from CD 6-10, instead of waiting for my HSG, I'll be in Palm Springs ... And while I'm sure I could somehow get one there, I just am nto willing to pay that kind of money.. LOL. On the other hand, now I won't have to deal with AF on my trip (YAY).

The worst part is.. I don't normally ovulate until CD 21..which would be the 15th..which would give me LOTS of time to get it done..but probably not a good idea. It also means that CD1 of my next cycle would be the day of my followup appointment..so that means we have to wait yet another cycle to do anything.

Sad

My hubby had his SA this morning...he was glad to get it over with and thought the experience was weird... LOL. Poor guy.

On other notes... I went on a major shopping spree last night to get some new clothes for my trip.. my days are going insanely slow because I'm looking forward to it so much.

Meeting with someone tonight who is hopefully going to be able to board my dog for the trip, so crossing my fingers that that meeting goes well. Since Appa has issues, not many places will take him, and of the places that will, most use methods I don't agree with for discipline. So it's always fun.

That's about it.
WTTC #2

Last edited by Sapphera; April 25th, 2012 at 09:42 AM.
April 25th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Boo for the timing, but I'm glad AF finally showed...just one step closer! I hope your dog boarder works out. I know how that is...while my dogs are fine in their old age, they were quite rambunctious as "kids"...and with 3 of them, I had very few options for boarding them. Good luck!

April 25th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like your getting really excited for your trip, yay for not having to deal with AF whilst your away, it'll be a nice break for you both!

I hope your meeting went well too, we're really lucky that my sister will have Meg when we go away on holiday!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

April 25th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I'm super hoping the meeting goes well.

And..turns out it may not be AF after all??? This next bit is way TMI.

I was put on antibiotics for my hand and knew that one of the side effects was thrush, but I was only on the antibiotics for a week, though the Dr put me on one of the strongest dosages..i was spotting for the last week and a bit, and it stopped, but still was feeling a little..uncomfortable...found out..yes, i have trush.. yay.

So last night I went and got some canasten to deal with it and started treatment, then today..bam..bleeding. After doing some research...even though it's not a listed side effect of canesten, MANY ladies have had this happen after using this particular brand. yay.

So..it may just be part of the treatment, and not AF after all. Only time will tell.
WTTC #2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search