Jenny's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree109Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 05:52 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad the dance recital went good! I struggle with my nephew's car seat too, I struggle with getting it out of the car though! We got to see Alan Jackson at a local music festival...Country USA. We use to go every year but haven't gone in the last couple years. Sorry about the spotting...IB???

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 14th, 2012, 06:12 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Oh lame. Sorry about the spotting. That's what happened to us...seemingly everything was on target, but nothing was happening. 'Course later we found out that not only was I old by age, but my eggs were old too. I'm guessing that you don't have an issue with that. Infertility is one thing, but unexplained infertility is a completely different story. So lame. Sorry, hun.

xx

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
June 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Well, I've known she was on her way for a few days, and AF officially made her unwelcome appearance this morning. Bad cramps this morning while at DH's parents' for Father's Day breakfast. Awesome.

Other than the stupid witch, we had a pretty productive weekend. We will be camping next weekend, and then we start a week long trip the next weekend, so I really wanted to get a lot done at home. I did a ton of picking up, dusting, vaccuuming, and laundry; as well as preparing dinner for my dad and siblings last night. DH got the bathrooms cleaned, got my oil changed, got both vehicles washed, mowed, and made great progress on the pit that is our garage. Overall, I'm pleased with what we got done.

My dad just got back from fishing on Lake Michigan with his very hardcore fisherman brother, so he brought some very fresh salmon over to grill. I don't like a lot of fish, but the super fresh grilled salmon was very good! I marinated some chicken thighs to grill, and made a bacon ranch potato salad and some baked beans. Everyone seemed to enjoy everything

Today we had the breakfast with DH's family, then we cleaned all day. I made burgers with a seasoned cream cheese topping (yum) to have with the leftover sides from last night. I did not sleep well last night (had some family issues on my mind), so I am just about ready for bed. Hope everyone had a good weekend!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
June 18th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Boo for AF. At least it wasn't a surprise. Not that it makes it any easier, but still.

Glad you had a great weekend and for growing your own food (ref: FB picture/caption). I loved that!

June 19th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Rabbits have gotten under our garden fence We lost some lettuce and carrots. DH shored it up yesterday, hopefully that works.

DH is out with his business partner testing the boat. They replaced the alternator after he couldn't get it started and had to be towed in a couple weeks ago (glad we weren't there). It's a very old boat, and they're constantly working on it. They always swear they have it fixed, but then something else goes wrong. Luckily, we paid very little for it.

I'm thinking we might just get a pizza tonight, since I have no idea when he'll get home. Hopefully I can make chat after!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
June 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I love animals and all, y'all know that, and even when I saw the itty bitty baby bunnies in my yard, I felt ok about it, because "heck they need to eat too". And then we came back from vacation (4 days), and all of my brand new soybeans, all of the rest of my buttercrunch lettuce, were gone. Super annoying. Bunny fence going back up this weekend.

June 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Headed to the state park for camping. Indy race tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
June 22nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Have fun this weekend! x

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
June 24th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Sorry about the bunnies getting into your garden . We have lots of bunnies in our yard but so far they haven't been able to make there way into our garden. They, however were in my flower bed but it didn't look like they were eatting any plants. I will be watching them.

I hope you have a great weekend camping and sorry about the

June 28th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I know I haven't updated or even been on much in awhile. It has been a rough week. My dad filed for divorce, and I have 4 siblings and my mom to support, while trying to deal with it myself. I am also preparing for vacation starting tomorrow, which is a whole other headache, as it was supposed to be with the family. I don't know when I'll be on again, so I thought I'd make a quick post while on break at work.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
June 28th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Oh Jenny. I'm so sorry to read this news this morning. This must be a really rough time for you and your family. Take the time you need, family always comes first, and if you need us, we're here. PM anytime, and take care of yourself, too.

Big hugs.
xx

June 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Oh my goodness! Take care of yourself and your family.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

July 8th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I haven't had a chance to properly update my journal, but I at least want to get the TTC stuff in here. I took this cycle off from temping, both because I was sick of it, and because we were going to be camping during my predicted fertile time and I wouldn't get accurate temps anyway. I got positive opks on CDs 13 and 14, as well as EWCM and O pains indicating O on or around CD 15. We quit BDing, assuming I had O'd. Yesterday, I woke up with a lot of EWCM, prompting me to take an opk that came up positive! I had another barely positive this morning, but negative tonight. No more EWCM. Temped this morning and got a post-O temp, but it was pre-O once I adjusted for the time. We are BDing again, but I can't decide if I should go for my progesterone draw tomorrow or not This has never happened to me before, so [I]of course[I] it happens the one cycle I don't temp
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
July 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM

Take HPT?

July 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I did take one on Saturday. BFN, obviously. I was under a lot of stress with my family right before I thought I O'd - maybe that delayed it? I went ahead and got my blood drawn today as if I had O'd CD 15. They should let me know those results this week, and if they show I didn't O, I can go back next week.

Vacation was great! We camped at a nearby lake for 6 days. We planned to go down last Friday, but a big storm came through that afternoon and tore up our yard pretty good - the shed was very close to being destroyed - so we took that evening to clean it up. It was HOT all week, really really hot. We were either in the camper with a/c or on the boat until it cooled a bit at night. It was awesome boating weather, and we had a lot of fun on the water. My parents, siblings, and baby nephew were all there for at least part of the time. I had a chance to have some good talks with family members and now feel much better about the stuff that's going on. It will still be difficult for awhile, but for now, I feel better than I did. We came home on Friday and spent the weekend catching up around the house and recuperating. I really didn't want to go back to work today, but I probably shouldn't whine too much, as we're leaving again on Thursday!

Yesterday, Scott smoked some baby back ribs and sweet corn. Turned out fantastic! He really loves his smoker He just got home and we're chilling watching the Home Run Derby (go Beltran)! I'll have to heat up some leftovers here soon - we have a bunch and only 3 nights this week to eat them. I'll leave my garden news (some good, some bad) for another entry - this one is already pretty long!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
July 9th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
..this one is already pretty long!
Um, have you ever read one of my journal posts? I think yours qualifies as minuscule to my horrid ramblings.

Glad you had fun! We are just now starting to get a hint of our normal summer heat (i.e. what you guys have been having). It's not bad yet, only mid 90's, but I have a feeling it will get worse. When we go camping in South Dakota each August, we are in the middle of a hay field in a tent. It seems like it's always 100+ degrees, and we always have to wear jeans and such because we're on motorcycles! It's great fun, but man, the older I get, the more and more I'm wishing I had a camper with a/c!

Looking forward to hearing the good garden news. I know the bad is probably about your Japanese Beetles. I have had quite a few midwestern friends post on FB about very similar problems. One of them got a trap, and it's working wonders! But others have said you aren't supposed to use traps, because it just attracts even more!

I need to get a picture of my huge green pepper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Um, have you ever read one of my journal posts? I think yours qualifies as minuscule to my horrid ramblings.
Case in point, I think my response to your entry might actually almost be longer than your entry you complained about being too long.

I need to shut my yap

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
July 11th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I've decided I feel more like I'm late TWW than early (with cramps and twinges and such), so I'm gonna go with O on CD 15 for now. I'll test tomorrow morning, since we're leaving town tomorrow afternoon.

Yesterday was DH's birthday. He loves Butterfingers, so I made him these Butterfinger Blondies I found on Pinterest. They turned out pretty good, and weren't even difficult! I got him few little gifts, nothing big. He's considering the extra night we're spending in KC with his family (at the pricey hotel they picked) as his gift.

Our peppers and tomatoes are doing awesome! We haven't really done a dang thing to them, but they are really taking off. There are at least 20 peppers on our 4 plants right now. We also have a ton (way too much) of parsley and cilantro. The basil is probably a goner The flipping Japanese Beetles are just impossible. Spraying every other day keeps them at bay a little bit, but the basil is likely too damaged to recover. I'm basically just leaving it in there now so they'll stay on that. Oh, they have also attacked our crabapple tree, but it should be fine. I have heard the traps are a very bad idea, as they attract a ton of them. Yeah, you'll see lots of dead beetles, but they never would have even been there without the trap.

We're headed to Kansas City for Scott's family reunion tomorrow. Friday night, we'll be going to the Royals game - he has a wealthy uncle that rents out a suite for us. I tell ya, that is the way to watch a baseball game! I believe there's a couple other fun things planned too. I am in charge of getting us packed and ready to go, so I'd better go get on that. Not sure how much I'll be on for a few days. I'll try to at least check in!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
July 11th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Jenny, I am so sorry about your family situation. Take all the time you need, things will get easier.

Sounds like you had a great camping trip!

July 12th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Hmmm, your cycle is funky. But, this happens! Have a great weekend!

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 12th, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
July 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Back from second vacation in 2 weeks. Had a great time in Kansas City. We only see many of these people every other year at this reunion, so it was nice to see them. We got there Thursday evening and just hung out at the hotel bar catching up.

Friday, DH and I had big plans to go to Oklahoma Joe's. It's consistently rated as some of the best bbq in the country - you may have seen it on shows like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and we have wanted to go for years. We went to the original location, which is in a gas station - it definitely doesn't look like much. It opens at 11, we got there at 10:30 and were 2nd in line. By 11:02, the line was out the door. We were not disappointed. Delicious brisket, ribs, turkey, fries and onion rings. I highly recommend it!

After lunch, we did some shopping in the Plaza. I went to town in Sur La Table - we splurged on some expensive (but gorgeous) salt and pepper mills. Also got some things at a gourmet food store and some fancy chocolates to thank my mom for watching Max. Then, back to the hotel bar until it was time to head to the Royals game. Baseball games from the All-Star Suites are freakin awesome, and it is so great of DH's aunt and uncle to pay for that. The game went 14 innings, but nobody actually stayed until the end, as it was getting too late (and alcohol sales stop after the 7th!). We left after the 11th, and, back to the hotel bar!

DH went golfing on Saturday, while I went to breakfast and then the pool with my MIL, SIL, and her kids. That night we all got together at one of DH's cousin's house. They have a washers tournament that Scott won at the last two reunions. There's a trophy and everything. He wanted the three-peat, but went down in the semis

This morning was just breakfast and head home. Max seems much tireder than us. I don't think he sleeps well in his crate, since he's used to sleeping with us. I am not looking forward to a full week of work this week - it's my only one this month

I got bfns all weekend (kept testing because I was going to be drinking), and I spotted pretty good after DTD last night. I'm surprised I haven't fully started AF yet, but it's just a matter of time. Oh yeah, I did get Monday's progesterone results back, and they showed that I did ovulate around CD 15, as I originally thought. No idea what was up with the random EWCM and positive opks.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!