Jenny's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree109Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 09:32 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Jenny. I hope that you get your BFP.
August 22nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Read the whole thing! I'm so glad the appointment went well, it sounds like you've got a good doctor there thats going to work with you! Thats so frustrating about the PCOS, I remember you saying that when it first came up - at least you know now though right?

I'll be here following you through it all!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 22nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Super Mommy
Isn't it funny how we can just have these feelings about things and no matter what the doctor tells us is right, we know better!! Good for you for getting that second opinion! My fingers are crossed for you and I will definitely be reading any further updates.

August 25th, 2013, 09:02 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Well, I've been spotting for a few days, and had some cramps today, so I am fully expecting to be making my cycle start call tomorrow. Still can't really believe this is happening...I'm kinda nervous about taking the BC pills. It's been many, many years since I was on them, and I'm not sure what to expect as far as side effects. But, I will deal with whatever I have to deal with.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
August 26th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so for you, hopefully you'll not have too many adverse effects from the BCP

August 26th, 2013, 04:07 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad your appointment went well! I am so very hopeful for you!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 26th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Today is officially CD 1. Scott and I are both to take our azithromycin today. I think it's for possible ureaplasma infection? And I will take my first BCP before bed. Called the clinic, and we go for u/s and injection teaching on Sept. 11. We are both SUPER nervous about the injections, btw. Scott doesn't think he can do it...

Still working on stupid insurance/pharmacy junk. It is complete and utter crap that they can expect me to order meds with no idea how much they'll cost

We are in the midst of a heatwave here, as well as the tomato harvest, so we had yummy BLTs with fresh garden tomatoes for dinner Just chilling on the couch with the dogs for the rest of the evening. Hopefully I can sleep tonight - Gidget has decided my ear plugs are for eating, and I'm too lazy to run out and get some tonight. I'm gonna have to start putting those out of reach...
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
August 27th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those tomatoes sound de-lish! I hope you managed to get some sleep sans-earplugs

Try not to worry about the injections, although I did way way less than you will be - it was easier than we expected. DF was pretty helpful too which neither of us expected, we thought we would be more sqeamish!

I hope you're able to sort out the insurance / meds stuff soon - what a nightmare!

August 28th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Well, I now know that azithromycin gives me diarrhea. Took it Monday evening and had a pretty unpleasant night/morning. Thankfully, that was just a one time thing. It's only been 2 days, but no noticeable s/e from the BC yet.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
August 29th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Yeah Azithromycin will do that Try eating yogurt every day you take it sometimes that helps. I am glad you aren't having any BCP side effects so far!

August 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
for the big D. Hope you are feeling better today!
August 29th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks ladies. I only had to take the one large dose, and I think I'm over it now.

Called another pharmacy today. They were much more helpful than the first one. We just have to sit down and look at the numbers to decide.

This weekend is our first college football game of the season! We will be camping all weekend, with the game Saturday night. It is going to be HOT. Definitely have to try to keep up with the water along with the adult beverages. This evening, I have to pack the camper. We aren't able to run the A/C when it's parked at our house, so it's about 300 degrees in there. Luckily, I do this often enough that I can get it done pretty quickly.

I probably won't be posting over the weekend. I'll be back on Monday if I don't melt!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
September 3rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Had a fun weekend despite the piss poor performance of my football team

We decided to go with Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions for the IVF meds. They are one of the in-network specialty pharmacies for my insurance company, and were a million times more helpful than the first one I called. I think we're looking at around $700 oop for meds. We are going to hit our oop max regardless, so it doesn't really matter - we're going to be spending $4k, and then paying nothing for health care the rest of the year.

We are getting overrun by tomatoes right now. They are REALLY good tomatoes, so I don't want to waste them, but there are so many of them! I plan on making this Sungold Tomato Preserves | Savvy Eats tomorrow to use up a bunch of the Sungolds. I also need to pickle a bunch of banana peppers. And roast and puree a bunch of poblanos. And freeze a bunch of jalapenos. This time of year keeps me busy!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
September 4th, 2013, 09:22 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Who is your football team? Mine (Pitt) got crushed as well :/ I LOVE fall!! And football of every kind!

And summer tomatoes are these best! THanks for passing along the recipe. My mom's garden is huuuge, although she had a bit of tomato blight this year.
September 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont follow American football but sorry your team had a crappy weekend!

I'm glad you got a pharmacy sorted for your meds and that you dont have to deal with any more hassle!

September 4th, 2013, 11:43 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsofsummer View Post
Who is your football team? Mine (Pitt) got crushed as well :/ I LOVE fall!! And football of every kind!
It's Iowa State

(Sorry to steal your answering thunder, Jenny, but I was here, and saw it needed answering!)

Glad you got your meds figured out. Mine were all OOP, and ended up being around $3700 per cycle. That's awesome that you have some covered, at least.

We are totally being overrun by tomatoes, too. But ours are strange. Our garden went all wonky last summer, and we had too much going on this year to try and fix it. So, we have green onions that have lasted for like 2 years, and have bloomed, but still taste good and are enormous. Our cherry tomato plant died. Our grapevines are growing very strong, but likely won't fruit until next summer at the earliest. Our blackberry plant looks ok, and has had a grand total of 3 berries this year. Our garden is pretty much just all strawberries. Which is good, because we love them, and I can eat a ton of them, so they never go to waste.

But earlier this year, Patrick was outside walking around and he called me out to look at something. All the way across the patio from our garden, in a row of random flowers and bushes that are lining the house, was a huge cherry tomato plant! WTH??? We didn't plant it there, and for some odd reason, the bajillion bunnies that live in our yard haven't found it! It's huge and growing tomatoes like crazy!

Last night I cooked an awesome pasta. Just normal spaghetti cooked/drained. Then sauteed some garlic in olive oil, added in quartered cherry tomatoes, sauteed for a bit longer, added basil, removed from heat. Added the spaghetti in and tossed it. After dishing, I topped it with a little romano cheese and fresh mozzarella and another drizzle of OO. DEELISH. Best part was, I ate the leftovers cold for lunch today. Yum.

Hope you are doing well. xx
September 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM
So glad you found a pharmacy willing to actually help you figure things out

Hope your tomato preserves turn out well they sound pretty delicious!!!

September 8th, 2013, 07:23 PM
The preserves are so good - way better than I expected. I can't wait to try it on a sharp cheddar grilled cheese.

Karin- I am jealous of your strawberries. I don't have room for them I have a couple recipes like your spaghetti pinned, but I don't think Scott would like it. He likes his pasta very 'saucy'. You have volunteer tomatoes! I just learned that term for corn that pops up in the middle of a bean field (since they alternate corn and beans) - 'volunteer corn'. Yes, I live in Iowa

Got an updated, even lower price from the pharmacy. I should get a price breakdown sheet in the mail next week, but I think they're charging just over $2K total, which I think is pretty good.

I've had a bit of very light spotting, which I figure is normal on the pill. U/S and injection teaching is Wednesday morning, so I think we could be starting stims within the next couple weeks!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
September 12th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Appointment yesterday went well. My ovaries looked nice and quiet. However, we decided to push the start of stims back a week, because we have a trip to St. Louis planned (going to 2 Cardinals games) for the weekend of the 27th. We would have had to cancel the trip, as we would be right in the thick of potential daily monitoring. We were prepared to do so in lieu of a significant delay, but just a week seems worth it to go enjoy our trip. So, we will need another u/s (next Thursday), just to make sure my ovaries didn't go crazy and start growing a follicle or something.

We had watched some videos about the meds, and the nurse went over all of it with us. I'm fairly confident that I can handle all the sub-cutaneous shots in my abdomen. Scott is very squeamish about needles, and honestly didn't think he could do it. When we went to practice the intramuscular shot that he will have to give (trigger and progesterone), he was literally about to pass out. He had to sit to do it, and needed a good couple minutes to psych himself up. But he did do it, and it didn't hurt nearly as much as I feared. Thinking about it still freaks him out, but at least we know he can do it!

So, I will be taking my last BCP on the 24th, and starting 150 IU Follistim on the 27th. On the 30th, we go to 75 Follistim and 75 Menopur. October 2nd will be my day 6 u/s, and everything after that will depend on u/s and b/w results.

The meds I will be receiving initially are - Follistim 600 IU cartridge, Follistim 300 IU cartridge, 4 Menour 75IU vials, 2 250mcg syringed of Ganirelix, 2 10ml vials progesterone in oil, 8 Medrol tablets, and 16 Keflex tablets (these last 2 are for after transfer, and I don't really know what they're for yet). $2094 is being billed for all that, of which we pay 20%. I know it's very possible that we will need more. If anyone notices that there's no trigger, it's because we have to see how I respond before choosing a trigger. If I respond well, as expected, we will do a dual Lupron trigger (Lupron and a small dose of HCG), but we will go with the conventional all HCG trigger if not.

We also got a copy of the 'gamete and embryo disposition' paperwork, which basically spells out what we want done with extra eggs/embryos. We haven't really looked at that yet.

This all seems like it's happening so fast all of a sudden. It's crazy!

Appointment yesterday went well. My ovaries looked nice and quiet. However, we decided to push the start of stims back a week, because we have a trip to St. Louis planned (going to 2 Cardinals games) for the weekend of the 27th. We would have had to cancel the trip, as we would be right in the thick of potential daily monitoring. We were prepared to do so in lieu of a significant delay, but just a week seems worth it to go enjoy our trip. So, we will need another u/s (next Thursday), just to make sure my ovaries didn't go crazy and start growing a follicle or something.

We had watched some videos about the meds, and the nurse went over all of it with us. I'm fairly confident that I can handle all the sub-cutaneous shots in my abdomen. Scott is very squeamish about needles, and honestly didn't think he could do it. When we went to practice the intramuscular shot that he will have to give (trigger and progesterone), he was literally about to pass out. He had to sit to do it, and needed a good couple minutes to psych himself up. But he did do it, and it didn't hurt nearly as much as I feared. Thinking about it still freaks him out, but at least we know he can do it!

So, I will be taking my last BCP on the 24th, and starting 150 IU Follistim on the 27th. On the 30th, we go to 75 Follistim and 75 Menopur. October 2nd will be my day 6 u/s, and everything after that will depend on u/s and b/w results.

The meds I will be receiving initially are - Follistim 600 IU cartridge, Follistim 300 IU cartridge, 4 Menour 75IU vials, 2 250mcg syringed of Ganirelix, 2 10ml vials progesterone in oil, 8 Medrol tablets, and 16 Keflex tablets (these last 2 are for after transfer, and I don't really know what they're for yet). $2094 is being billed for all that, of which we pay 20%. I know it's very possible that we will need more. If anyone notices that there's no trigger, it's because we have to see how I respond before choosing a trigger. If I respond well, as expected, we will do a dual Lupron trigger (Lupron and a small dose of HCG), but we will go with the conventional all HCG trigger if not.

We also got a copy of the 'gamete and embryo disposition' paperwork, which basically spells out what we want done with extra eggs/embryos. We haven't really looked at that yet.

This all seems like it's happening so fast all of a sudden. It's crazy!
Boolajoojoo and remisue16 like this.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
September 12th, 2013, 08:46 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Keeping you in my thoughts!! Good luck!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search