Jessica's TTC #1 Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree92Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2012, 07:13 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
It's hard no matter your situation. It took us being married 3 years before I got the ok from DH to start trying so I do understand how you feel.

Forever missing my angel 2010

March 7th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I just got a chance to read through journals and catch up. I would honestly stop bcp's now if you want to start trying this summer. It can take some women a good year to get back to normal after stopping bcp's. I would just do it now, start temping now, get to know your cycle and everything really well before you start.

Last edited by Crystallee; April 14th, 2012 at 04:56 AM.
March 15th, 2012, 10:09 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
I just got a chance to read through journals and catch up. I would honestly stop bcp's now if you want to start trying this summer. It can take some women a good year to get back to normal after stopping bcp's. I would just do it now, start temping now, get to know your cycle and everything really well before you start.
I'm hoping that stopping in May or June will be early enough - it seems a little silly to wait just a few more months, but that's what we've agreed to. I know that it can take a while, but I hope it won't or that 3 months will be enough for my cycles to sort themselves out. We're not going to start trying until August at the earliest because I want to graduate in May before giving birth.

In other news, a friend of mine is unexpectedly pregnant, as is my cousin. Good grief! I'm okay (mostly) with them, but it just seems a little crazy. My friend is married and happy about a baby, but they weren't trying at all, so it's been a huge adjustment for her. My cousin is also married, but her DH is unemployed, so things are a little dicey there...not sure if they were trying or not, but it seems like not, from everyone's reaction.

I had coffee with a friend of mine who gave birth in one of the hospitals I'm considering. She had a negative experience, but I think partially it's because what she set herself up for - she was totally traumatized that she had a c-section, and just can't handle the idea of it again. She also got very little breastfeeding help. I found the NY Department of Health statistics on hospitals, and found that the one that is actually 100% covered on my insurance (the university's hospital) actually has a much higher rate of breastfeeding, and the c-section rate is comparable if you're looking at first-time c-sections, rather than the c-section rate as a whole. The only downside is that it's much more difficult to get to. Still, it's definitely on my list to consider and tour when we get to that stage.

Otherwise, enjoying spring break here. My parents came to visit and we talked a little about grandkids. She's like "I'm ready tomorrow, so whenever you guys want to - go for it, if you get your school done." How's that for a mixed message?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Hello again!

It's been a while, with spring break and then stomach flu! But I'm all better and caught up at school, so we'll see how it goes this week!

On the baby front, DH managed to plow through a good bit of TCOYF, so I'm hoping he does more of that soon. It's hard because we both have school and all of that, and I read a lot faster than him. But! We decided to get a few pregnancy books too, so those will arrive in the next few days too. Yay!

Also, I moved my ticker back two weeks because I'm worried about going into labor before finals are over or missing graduation. As my friend said, I'm planning like I'd get pregnant immediately, and knowing that I probably won't. It'll all depend, of course, on where my cycles are, but that's the plan right now.

We also said I'd stop birth control after April, so since it's a monthly thing it's basically one month left! Crazy! DH is really interested in me starting to temp early so we'll know what's going on with my cycles and everything. Since my mom had so much trouble, we're worried about it in the back of our minds - so to know beforehand what's going on, even before we're trying seems like a good plan.

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 28th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Our pregnancy books arrived!

I bought Before Your Pregnancy and The Pregnancy Book by Penny Simkin (recommended by a friend) I also bought another one but it hasn't arrived yet. Did a quick skim through of Before Your Pregnancy. After Passover (it's in a week, so in about two weeks or so), I'm going to start on the prenatals (i.e. buy them...) and get Raif on a Men's vitamin. We both eat well, but as long as we follow the guidelines they won't hurt us. I already take Vitamin D and B, which were particularly recommended.

I'm doing a couple of other things to prep. First, getting off my allergy pills. This might sound easy, but I have a weird reaction to stopping (I get hives on my hands) which is not unheard of but annoying. My dr is having me dose down, so I started with half a pill yesterday and will be on that for two weeks - the idea is two weeks at each lower dose until I can be off - but if it starts itching again to do a smaller increment. Ugh. I'm only taking the normal dose of Zyrtec, but I got the weird side effect.

Also, I read about migraines, which is depressing. Basically, you can't take anything of the things I normally take. I mean, good to know, but oy. We both get bad migraines and mine have often been hormone related, so....yeah. Otherwise, there's a ton of stuff in there that I'm going to look at more closely, but I think I want to do a survey of the pregnancy book first. I know, I'm weird, but with big books that I don't have a lot of time for, that's the way it goes!

March 28th, 2012, 09:58 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
This is so great that you are doing research and slowly prepping yourself and your body for TTC - especially since there are meds involved. So much easier and healthier for your body than going cold turkey. After you do some more thorough reading of the boos, we'd love to hear your reviews!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
March 28th, 2012, 10:03 AM
*books!

March 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I hope my medicine weaning goes well! It's a little crazy when the hives come - I literally have never gotten them before! So hopefully I will be avoiding that!

The Before Your Pregnancy book looks really good - it seems partially like the information you'd be given at a preconception visit, partially an eating & exercise plan, partially about male fertility - just very thorough. I saw a lot of charts about medications, foods, etc on my overview. And a lot of reference to science - "This study says" and "that study says." So we'll see - I hope it will be useful to us in terms of quick conception, but even just as a resource I see it being invaluable! I'll be sure to post more about it as I get more into it.

April 1st, 2012, 03:08 PM
Oy, well, what a week!

My period was totally crazy - two days of brown spotting, then nothing. Took two PG tests (Friday and this morning) and got really strong BFN, so I just am contributing it to a BC weirdness. My plan is to use my last test on Thursday morning, since Friday with Passover I need to know for sure if I can drink or not (four cups of wine with the seder!). I don't think I am at this point, but whatever.

Because of this though, we've decided to skip the last cycle of BC and just go to temping. I'm frustrated by not knowing what my body is doing, and at least with temping I'll have a better idea. Right now I'm just doing through TCOYF, since unlike FF, it's not interested in you getting pregnant. Since we're starting partway through my cycle, we'll probably use condoms until my period, unless I get a really convincing ovulation spike/CM spike. We'll see.

Emotionally, I'm okay with the BFN - it would be sort of nice to have it just happen and be pregnant already, but at the same time, our timing is because of real issues with when I will be able to take time from school, etc. So I will be okay with it!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends!

April 2nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Did my first temp this morning - 96.9! I always run cold (normal for me is between 97.3 and 97.5), but I was curious since our apartment was hot last night what would happen.

Otherwise, not much going on - just school stuff and Passover stuff. Oh, and the electrician needs to replace our breaker box tomorrow so that'll be fun, I'm sure. We blew a fuse on Friday night, and couldn't make it turn on. Turns out, the box is really old and it was just waiting for something like that to happen, particularly because the bathroom and one of the kitchen outlets are wired on the same line. He made it work for the weekend, and then came today to double check measurements and get permission to replace it with a different box (one with more fuses, I'm assuming). So that'll be fun in the middle of Passover prep. I'm assuming they will have to turn off our power for that too!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

April 2nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
You'll notice that room temperature doesn't do a lot to your temps overall. You would think it would but unless it is SUPER extreme, you don't notice much. Good luck with the electric box! I hate work like that. Makes me antsy.

Last edited by Crystallee; April 14th, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
April 2nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
YAY for temping! I'm so glad you started. It took me a couple cycles to get the hang of it, and as you will find with my charts, after over 3 years of temping, I still haven't "gotten it". I really don't put much effort into temping at the same time every day...that's my problem. I have found that when I do make the effort, my charts look a heck of a lot more normal than when I don't. Either way, that's great that you will be charting...you will learn so much!

April 2nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
You'll notice that room temperature doesn't do a lot to your temps overall. You would think it would but unless it is SUPER extreme, you don't notice much. Good luck with the electric box! I hate work like that. Makes me antsy.
I am glad for that, about the room temperature, because we don't control the heat in our apt, so it was a little worrisome. I trust the guy that the landlord got to come in, so I'm hoping he can do it fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
YAY for temping! I'm so glad you started. It took me a couple cycles to get the hang of it, and as you will find with my charts, after over 3 years of temping, I still haven't "gotten it". I really don't put much effort into temping at the same time every day...that's my problem. I have found that when I do make the effort, my charts look a heck of a lot more normal than when I don't. Either way, that's great that you will be charting...you will learn so much!
I'm committed to waking up at 8am to do it - and then going back to sleep afterward Well, except Wednesday when I get up for early class. So hopefully that'll help the charting. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

April 3rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Ya'll are just going to have to put up with me being all googly eyed over my temps for the next little while. I temped at 96.3 this morning My mouth was open, though, so I added .2 - hopefully that's about right. Still - I'm practically cold blooded

April 3rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Don't worry to much about your low temp.... What kind of BBT are you using? I always used the Walgreens brand and that gave me low temps, but this cycle I am using the CVS BBT and noticed my temps a little higher.

Good luck! If you have any questions just ask!

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 3rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
I'm not really that worried about it - I actually expected it, since my normal daytime temperature is between 97.3 and 97.5. I figured this out when I was a kid playing with the thermometer But I'm still laughing about it. Normal temperatures can range in people between 97 and 99 degrees, so this whole "98.6" thing is not really real. I figure it doesn't matter the brand of the thermometer as long as I am consistent with it - it's about changes in temperature.

Also, I'm not really expecting to ovulate because of just stopping birth control. We'll see!

April 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Well, it looks like I'm ovulating...and looks like we're trying to conceive this round!! We decided that since it looks like I'm going to ovulate (CM!!), we'd try since it would put me due over winter break (towards the beginning) and if I front load my classes for fall semester, it could be pretty good for us. Plus, we know that we want to wait for my school, but we're both ready so it seemed like the time.

So...in that case...chart:

April 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
YAY! That is super exciting! Will be keeping an eye on you!!

April 9th, 2012, 10:24 PM
No O yet, but hopefully soon

April 10th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Just remember, FF typically won't confirm your O date until AFTER you've O'd, so be sure to get your BDing in!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search