Jessica's TTC #1 Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree92Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
I hope we get answers soon too!

I think he's nervous about the sperm sample in that it's a weird thing to do (the process) and then he's worried that it's him, etc.

Anyway, I called the HSG place today, which was apparently good because they want to do the test TOMORROW! I guess they want it at a specific part of my cycle and I'm right there...so...yeah. At 8:30 AM like, 45 minutes from my apartment. Did I mention I have class until 8:30pm? Oh tomorrow, you are going to be AWESOME.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

February 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'm glad that overall the appointment went well! Sorry that you have such an early HSG time and a late class time! That will make for a long day.

Yep, my RE had me schedule mine between day 6-12. I think I went on day 8? My HSG went well. I had some spotting and cramping (not worse than AF cramps) that lasted for almost a day. I would bring a pantyliner or pad with you (if they haven't recommended that yet). You should know tomorrow if your tubes are blocked or if you have an obstruction in your uterus, so at least you won't have to wait.

If your DH's SA is a little subfertile, they will prescribe vitamins for him. It really helped my DH's SA (at least the second SA, not the third. ).

Thanks for keeping us posted! GL tomorrow and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

February 4th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just posted on the main board about dealing with the HSG tomorrow but I just wanted to share about my DFs SA, he was pretty nervous too intiialy, about the actual 'doing' rather than anything else, we don't have the facilities here to do the sample at home and drop it off, it has to be done in the fertility clinic at the hospital. But afterwards he was like 'meh' no biggie :-) I'm sure you're DH will be fine

I hope your HSG goes well, like nicholle said, you shud get an outcme tomorroow, when I had mine they told me there and then my tube was blocked and they let me look at the picture on the u/s screen!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 4th, 2013, 06:27 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Good luck tomorrow!
February 5th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Well, it was incredibly uncomfortable at the time (mostly the speculum), but I am doing well now. They gave me a huge pad to catch the drippy-ness, but otherwise, I'm good.

The upshot: definitely have one blocked tube. One looked beautiful, the other stopped at the edge of the uterus also, some kind of tilt to the uterus as well. I'm trying to find a picture that looks like it, but haven't succeeded yet. Depending on what exactly it is, it could be totally not important, but...yeah.

So, according to my tech, either my doctor will be okay with it being closed (which I'm not thrilled with) or that we will work on opening it. Having talked to DH, he feels a little better in one way - it means we've really been trying only half the time, but the other is that we are playing even more roulette in terms of whether it'll actually work each month. So...yeah.

All in all, better than it could have been, but at least we have something going on - feels like the test was justified.

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

February 5th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I already posted on the main board, but just wanted to say again, feel free to PM me if you want to talk to someone who's been there

February 5th, 2013, 12:39 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Doh! Stupid blocked tube. I hope it's something they can fix!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
February 6th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Let us know if the doctor recommends surgery. F/X'd that one tube does the trick!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

February 6th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
I already posted on the main board, but just wanted to say again, feel free to PM me if you want to talk to someone who's been there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
Doh! Stupid blocked tube. I hope it's something they can fix!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholle ttc View Post
Let us know if the doctor recommends surgery. F/X'd that one tube does the trick!
Thanks ladies! I am not sure when I'll hear from my OB, since we haven't had the SA yet. I am thinking I will call to make sure they got the results and everything in a day or two and see what they say. Ugh. Onward, I guess

I really appreciate all the support!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Argh! Just missed a call from the OB, and the nurse that has my case went off shift already. Whatever, I have to call tomorrow morning. She said it wasn't urgent (it's just results and hopefully next steps) but I would've liked to have known today. Oh well.

On the flip side, I'm glad they called me so soon!

February 7th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Ugh, that stinks! Hopefully you'll be able to touch base tomorrow morning. F/X'd for good news and positive next steps!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

February 7th, 2013, 03:02 PM
And DH, being awesome, called and scheduled his SA for the 17th

So that's something!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

February 8th, 2013, 08:13 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww missing the call is awful!!!!! But it does seem good that they are getting back to you so quickly!!!

yayy for DH setting up the SA!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I'm so glad he did it!

Anyway, called them this morning.

They are basically not doing anything until they have the HSG, the SA and my charts, which I can send them anytime. I guess I will send them the charts whenever they want, but the SA results probably won't be for another two weeks.

She did tell me that it was the left tube that was open and the right tube that was blocked, so that's good to know. She also said that they didn't find anything else that would effect fertility, so that's good too. I'm am hoping that once we have the full picture we will go ahead and open that tube, but we'll see, I guess!

Also, we are in the path of this storm, so hopefully we will be okay this weekend. We have all the supplies we need, and the power lines are buried, so that's good. It's going to be wet, heavy snow since it's hovering around freezing. I'm glad we don't have to shovel!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekends!

February 8th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Also, someone on twitter is talking about blizzard babies I will take one please!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

February 8th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats great that DH was able to schedule his SA so soon, I hope it doesnt take too long for the results to get back. the hospital worked in a similar way with us, they wanted all the info together for a full picture before talking next steps

I hope the storm isnt too bad, stay safe!

February 15th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Well, the blizzard turned out to be a blip, which was nice. Unfortunately, I've had a nasty cold this week, so that's been super lame. I'm sort of getting over it, but still super tired after doing basically nothing. Lame.

But, it looks like I O'd. It's an unusual pattern for me, which means either FF will change the date OR it's messed up because I was sick. I didn't have a fever which helps, but still.

February 17th, 2013, 08:38 PM
We'll see what happens, but DH had his SA today. He said it was pretty awkward, but he was glad to have it done now. We should have results on Thursday or Friday, so that's good. He's worried that it'll turn out to be another problem, but who knows.

My plan right now is to test on Friday, but I can expect AF as early as Tuesday, given my 10-day luteal phase last month. So we'll see how this goes!

February 18th, 2013, 04:04 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I have been sick/getting over being sick for 2 weeks, so I feel your pain there! Glad you got that SA over with. I got pregnant the cycle we did our first SA - got the results at the same time as my first beta...
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
February 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I am so nervous with this cycle that I will have a 10 day LP again - but we will find out tomorrow I guess.

The good thing is that my temperature went up again today, so that makes me happy. We'll see. I'm tired but that's from being sick (I'm still having issues sleeping, although temping seems to be okay) but I was super nauseated this morning. So we'll see.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search