Jessica's TTC #1 Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree92Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2013, 08:57 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
It would be awesome if your acupuncture would be covered by insurance. So many things aren't covered by insurance, and I'm always baffled by it. My fingers are crossed that you get your BFP soon!
March 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Thanks ladies.

I am a little disappointed by the lack of plan, but I am kind of okay with being handed off at this point. I've heard stories of women having to fight to be given a referral to an RE, so I'm glad that that's not going to happen. Hopefully it won't happen, obviously, but we'll see what's going on by then.

And we'll see how this acupuncture thing goes. I'm hopeful, for sure!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 12th, 2013, 10:15 PM
No go on the acupuncturist, at least for now. DH and I are keeping it as an option, but I decided to go back to the regular clinic in the meantime. The extra cost is just too much for us right now. Sigh. We did decide to have me start looking for jobs now, to see if there's something I could get in the meantime.

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 13th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Sorry about the accupuncture. I really wanted to do it prior to IVF, but due to cost of accupuncture and IVF, it was a no go. GL with the job search! As always, everything is crossed for you!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 13th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I'm really sorry about the acupuncture. What kind of job are you looking for? I hope that you are able to find one soon!!
March 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry to hear about the acupuncturist. Good luck with the job search!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear about the lack of a clear plan from your Doctor but like you said, at least he's willing to give you a referral to an RE. I do hope you dont need either though!

It sucks that your insurance wont cover acupuncture, I too have to pay out of pocket as it is seen as an alternative treatment here so isnt covered by the NHS. Are you looking for work which has benefits which would cover more fertility care?

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

March 13th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks ladies!

I am getting a dual degree in non-profit management & Jewish studies, so I am looking for jobs at Jewish non-profits in New York. I'm being pretty selective, so we'll see what happens, but there's at least one that I am super qualified for.

Otherwise, I might have ovulated yesterday or it might happen today. My CM was good, which is nice. But I have a sore throat which is lame. SO MUCH SCHOOL to do and I just feel tired. Ugh. Nursing a lot of decaf tea.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

March 13th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Jen, you posted while I was posting.

My insurance through school is actually very good, aside from not paying for acupuncture. The rules in NY state mean that certain benefits have to be covered, so that helps too. Everything up until IVF will have some kind of coverage, which is amazing. Aside from earning more money in general, and to pay for the acupuncture, I might have lower insurance premiums with a job - I don't pay a lot, but it's not free, either. Also, it would be great if we could get my husband on my insurance. We pay out of pocket for his and it's really lame. NYU's insurance is not good for dependents that aren't children, and then his school doesn't offer insurance for students (although he does get a grant to help, which is better than nothing).

I hope we don't have to go to the RE either - ugh. But I guess we'll see! I'm feeling hopeful for this cycle, but it's hard to know, obviously!

March 15th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Well, ugh.

No ovulation yet. Really? I've been gearing up all week!! And this morning I woke up and my sniffles from yesterday have been transformed into a full blown congested and sore coughing MESS.

March 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Colds are the worst! I'm sorry. I am just getting over one and it sucks. I just want to go away already.
March 18th, 2013, 07:20 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are sick - such a pain! Looks like maybe you Od on Friday??

Fx for you!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Possible. I'm not breathing well, so I can't temp well

March 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Feel better soon! Colds are no fun!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

March 23rd, 2013, 11:06 PM
Based on my temps (still not clear if it's right because I'm still congested) I don't think I O'd yet. I think it might be happening soon, so we have been BDing this weekend. Either that, or we're just enjoying ourselves before AF comes. Because I'm sure not having any symptoms

We are visiting my parents, and let them know that we are TTCing and that we are probably going to get into TTC-MA soon. For those of you keeping track, my parents had trouble conceiving me, so it was funny - my dad's reaction was that just thinking about it brought back all the stress they went through conceiving me. It was a really nice conversation though, and I'm glad we did it. We are going to DH's parents tomorrow, and we will spend a few days with them, and likely let them know as well while we are there. We thought about doing it all together, but given that we wanted them to be able to respond and ask questions etc., it seemed better to give them space to do it without the other in-laws there. They like each other and are friends, but sometimes more people just means less space to respond.

I feel like it's a new era for our trying though - and I hope it brings good karma. It was really hard to tell them, and I'm glad we did it. So yeah. Oh boy!

March 24th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Waiting is incredibly frustrating. I think we can all relate to that.
March 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I'm glad that telling your parents went well. They sound very supportive.

I hope that your luck is going to change really soon! F/X'd for this next cycle!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

March 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Nerd
I'm glad that you have a good relationship with your parents. Hopefully they will be an awesome support for you all through this time. And I'm sure the extra prayers they provide won't hurt.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
March 28th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Telling both sides really went well, and we both feel like it is a load off. True to form, my mom asked if she could discuss it with me (which I said yes) when she wants, and then my MIL said that they won't ask unless we bring it up. But I appreciate both responses, and know that it is their different ways of showing they care.

As for my cycle - my congestion is only finally starting to go away now, so I have no idea what's happened with my cycle. I thought I O'd, but I have no idea, and if I did, I should be starting my period any minute, so we'll see. The problem is that despite my congestion being much better during the day, it's still not good during the night. So that leaves me not knowing. We'll see, I guess.

We are home now, and trying to get back into the swing of things. So much work to catch up on!

March 28th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Also, if I ovulated at CD 19, then I should get AF tomorrow. My acne (FML) says yes. Otherwise, we'll see.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search