Jessica's TTC #1 Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree92Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 07:12 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Well, AF showed today. With a lovely bout of cramps or, really, backache. Heat and yoga helped, so I'm doing better.

New plan is to try again not this cycle but the one after. We'll see how it goes. I'm hopeful, and actually really glad for this experience, as much as I would rather be pregnant. I'm thinking of little things - I'll be able to celebrate my birthday (in about a month) with alcohol, and go on vacation with my parents in December. It's not the same, but it's nice to have things as consolation, you know?

Thanks for listening, everyone.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

April 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm sorry about the but it's great you are looking at the positive side of things.

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Another nice thing about not being pregnant? I can do finals with as much caffeine as I want!!

It's been quiet in here, both because I'm in the middle of finals but also because it's CD5 on a cycle that we're not trying. So we'll see. But I have been thinking a little about all of this, and it's still exciting.

I stayed up one night a few days ago, just thinking about what it would be like to give birth during the semester. I was nervous about it, but I just kept thinking about - trying to adjust my schedule and my husband's, and figuring out who I know that does or could do a couple hours of childcare if I needed it. I think I can do it, and that's what I needed to know. So, I'm happy to be heading into our next TTC cycle in a few weeks.

I'm also curious what my body does this cycle. I'm hopeful for a nice strong O, since that will give me faith that last cycle wasn't a fluke. I think I'm going to believe that every month is a fluke until it actually happens. Just the usual nerves. I'm still temping and charting, and hopeful we'll learn more about my body!

Best to everyone and I'm trying to stay caught up. Come mid-May I'll have lots more time to play and think about all of this!

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

April 30th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Good luck with finals!

I can't wait to follow your next ttc cycle. This past one was pretty exciting!

April 30th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you've got a great mindset.

I think continuing to chart through a cycle where you're NOT trying is a really good idea. It allows you to see what your body is doing even when you know there is NO chance of being pg that month.

Best of Luck on your finals!

April 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ugh finals! I'll be there in about 5 weeks. Best of luck!!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree that it is a great idea to continue to chart through a non-TTC cycle. Good luck with your finals!
April 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Sounds like you've got a great mindset.

I think continuing to chart through a cycle where you're NOT trying is a really good idea. It allows you to see what your body is doing even when you know there is NO chance of being pg that month.

Best of Luck on your finals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Ugh finals! I'll be there in about 5 weeks. Best of luck!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I agree that it is a great idea to continue to chart through a non-TTC cycle. Good luck with your finals!
Thanks ladies - I'm really interested to see what happens. Especially because finals are known to throw off my ovulation - if it was day 18 this time, I'm curious if it'll be later/earlier/whatever. We'll see!

Finals will be better than last semester, but still really busy - I have one presentation done, one to go, two papers to go and two exams to go. But, it'll be done soon! I'm taking a class over the summer, but that doesn't start until almost the end of May, so I'm not thinking about that too hard. Just that I keep looking for the book list so I can go buy the books before class starts without having to worry about it.

Otherwise, AF seems to be over, and now onto the "waiting around" phase. Which this cycle is the whole thing Oh well. As much as I hate to "waste" a cycle, this is the right decision and like you ladies said, it'll be interesting to see what happens!

Also, I know I will regret this when it gets really hot pretty soon, but I wish it was warmer in the apartment. I feel like it's just freezing at night and we don't have control over the big heat - just our little space heater that I worship and worry about conking out Oh well - at least the days are pretty!

May 1st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hello!

A break from finals work.

Anyway, good news: I got my summer job! So I have something to do, AND it pays! So that's exciting. I'm glad it worked out. I'll have it through September, although they know I'll have to cut down pretty significantly once school starts. Still! I'm glad

Also, if anyone was looking at my chart yesterday, you'll notice I changed the temps. When I took it this morning, I noticed when it showed me the last temp that I had gotten it wrong! So, yes, different.

This week is one more presentation, but then I have a take home final on Sunday, a paper & an exam next Wednesday, and then another paper due on the Monday following that. So things are busy!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

May 1st, 2012, 01:24 PM
Beth2008's Avatar mommy in the making
Congrats on your new job! Good luck on your final, I always hated taking those things in school..

Thank you *Kiliki* for amazing siggy!

May 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM
That's great that you got your summer job? If you care to share/don't mind sharing, what will you be doing?

Hang in there...i know the awesomeness of finals...almost there!

May 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
That's great that you got your summer job? If you care to share/don't mind sharing, what will you be doing?

Hang in there...i know the awesomeness of finals...almost there!
Sure! I'll be working at a big synagogue for the summer, helping out when one of their staff is away on maternity leave! I'm hoping that'll be good mojo for me It looks like it'll be about 30hrs a week, so enough to keep me busy but not drive me crazy! I'm also doing a class over the summer (which'll be almost halfway done by the time I start the job anyway) so between that I should be busy!!

May 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Congrats on the job, and good luck on finals!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
May 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Congrats on the summer job! Good luck on your finals!

May 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Sounds great! Maybe something is, ahem, in the water? Maybe if you take over the spot for maternity lady, something will "rub off" on you!

I noticed this but I don't think I said anything...love love the new siggy!

May 6th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Just checking in on you and your finals. I know you're busy these days, but wanted to send you some finals (???) Whatever, I didn't see a Good Luck smilie

Hope you're hangin' in there!
xx

May 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Sounds great! Maybe something is, ahem, in the water? Maybe if you take over the spot for maternity lady, something will "rub off" on you!

I noticed this but I don't think I said anything...love love the new siggy!
I hope so! I know her coworker was on maternity leave last year - so here's hoping!! I'll be there through two cycles of trying so... And thank you on the siggy love - she did such a good job, with the little details - skyline in the background and the birdie on the letter! Love it!

Quote:
Just checking in on you and your finals. I know you're busy these days, but wanted to send you some finals (???) Whatever, I didn't see a Good Luck smilie

Hope you're hangin' in there!
xx
Thanks for the finals dust! I really, really appreciate it!

I'm actually taking a take-home final today, which is lame. It's two long essay questions, so I have big outlines for them and just need to write them. Luckily, this is the first time the entire year that my schedule and DHs school schedule has actually matched (being a seminary, they have their own schedule that only vaguely resembles a normal academic calendar) - he has a take-home exam this weekend as well! The last time he had one, it was the weekend my friend was visiting from Chicago - which was great since i had something to do, but he barely got to spend any time with her, which was hard on him.

The next couple of days are really crunch time - after today, I have a big exam and a big paper both on Wednesday, so that's rough. And then a paper due next Monday, but that's almost done. So, very close to summer!

May 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hang in there! I can honestly say I feel your pain! But summer is right around the corner!!!

May 6th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
on the job and good luck on the finals!
May 10th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Finals are almost over! Just a couple more things!!

And FF gave me dotted crosshairs today. I think it's wrong, but that's just me...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search