SadieB's TTC our first baby journal!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Hi all! I'm Sadie (Sarah in real life, I just like the nickname Sadie and always use it on msg boards but it never stuck in real life lol!), and my husband and I are trying for our first baby! I'm 33 as of Jan 2012, and my husband is 34. We have been married 7.5 years and in the past year or so realized we are really really ready for a baby finally! I think we always wanted kids but just didn't feel ready, and wanted to focus on other things in the past. Now is the time and I'm glad we waited!

We just started actively TTC in mid February this year. I haven't been on birth control for over a year and seem to have pretty regular cycles.....so I thought I would get pregnant right away! I always joked that I'm probably a "fertile Myrtle", will be sooo easy. I mean, my mom got pregnant with BOTH my sister and then later me, when she was on the pill and just accidentally missed a pill! My sister got pregnant first try too, and even though she unfortunately had a miscarriage at 13 wks, she got pregnant again with her now 2yr old right away after that. So it sounded pretty easy.

I guess I can't really say yet that it's not very easy....I've only been trying ONE cycle! Like a lot of women I'm finding out it takes a little bit more trying that that sometimes, and I'm just hopeful I won't have too difficult of a journey but I'm not going to let anything stop me.

A little more about me, I work at home starting about 6 months ago as an artist selling items on Etsy, and trying to make a real go of that, and my husband works at home too so we are really lucky with that (although that may change soon unfortunately!). We have had a bit of a rocky relationship at time, been together over 10 years and best friends for 11 yrs, so our solid friendship always keeps us together and I have to say we are now more in love than ever, and I love that TTC is bringing us even closer. I have had a lot of problems in the past with depression and anxiety, and I'm sure that is part of why I waited so long to have children. I've been depression free for about three years now....anxiety is better but that will always be a part of me! I do have worries about being more likely to experience post partum depression, but I'll deal with that when/if it comes. I stopped taking anti depressents about 6 months ago and doing really great, as I didn't want to be on any meds while TTC or pregnant, and hopefully it can stay that way. I also gained about 60 lbs over the course of a few years due to the depression when it was really bad, and it just kind of stayed there for several years as I wasn't really trying to do anything about it...but I recently lost about 30 lbs with the help of Weight Watchers!!! I would ideally like to lose the other 30 before TTC but we just didn't want to wait any longer, and I'm not morbidly obese or anything and my dr. said just keep doing what I'm doing! I eat a normal amount of calories (like 1400 - 1500) and don't deprive myself of calories, we eat a lot of whole foods fruits and veg, and walk a lot so I think I can continue with that when pregnant (although I won't be trying to still lose, just maintain til after the baby is born).

I also have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis a few years ago, which means eventually I will need to take synthetic thyroid hormone....but only borderline hypothyroid. My doctor only tested because I was borderline and I wanted to know more what was going on. I'm RIGHT at the line for normal thyroid levels, and I don't have any symptoms so we have decided not to treat yet. However, once I am pregnant, my doctor is going to send me to an endocronologist just to make sure there are no deeper issues but she didn't see it as a big concern right now...I know thyroid can cause problems with TTC so I hope she's right! I'm not too worried about it yet.

So....TODAY I'm really feeling excited! After the heartbreak of AF coming yesterday on our first TTC cycle, I ordered OPK test strips, HPT test strips (spent way way way too much the first time around with drugstore brands and learned my lesson!) AND I got a BBT thermometer yesterday! I wanted the one with the back light but DH convinced me to just get the one since we were already at Walmart, and it measures to 100th degree which I don't think I need, but so far it does seem to be consistent and accurate and that's all I care about. I was excited to take and chart my first temp today! It helps me feel like I'm a little in control at least of what I can do to help us TTC (last month I only charted CM and it was pretty confusing) so I'm trying to learn all I can. I can't wait to see that temp shift and know I actually ovulated! I'm also so excited to look at the calendar and see that we can try again soon, and then soon after that I'll be in that TWW again! I think it will still make me a little crazy but I learned a lot this first time around and will be more realistic this time. My motto was test early and often last month, will not be doing that this time!!!

Looking forward to my journey this month and beyond! Hoping for a BFP in a few weeks!
March 17th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Well AF is done now (wow only three days long last two months!! Hope that's not a bad thing) so it's a lot easier to move on now and focus on this month. I definitely have a feeling my ovulation date was off from what I had assumed, hope we can figure it out this time. I've got my testing strips ready and keeping my temps charted. I splurged on some diet cokes this week and been eating a little bad, but starting tomorrow cutting all that back out in preparation and for the long haul really.

I've been obsessing a little less now that I'm out of that first TWW period, and that's good since DH is a little worried I will get too obsessed - I made a joke when I was scanning for something to watch on TV that I could watch this program called "Baby Focus"...just kidding...haha....he said "hon, that's BAY FOCUS". Wow. I guess something is wrong with me lol!!!

Did I mention we are trying to move in the middle of all this? Yah, probably not the best timing but this train has already left the station so we'll just have to see what happens and try to stay calm. I was definitely way too stressed but things that happened right after we TTC'd last month - it was one of the worst weeks in my life, but things are looking up and I can handle the challenge of moving across country, I've done it before, and I actually like taking on these kinds of big projects as it gives me something to focus on. I work at home for myself, so I can take it easy with work while we're getting ready for the move, so not really too bad.

So now the only question in my mind is....just how early in my cycle am I going to ovulate?? I just have this feeling it's earlier than I thought rather than later (or maybe that's just wishful thinking so it will get here sooner) but if that was the case, wouldn't I have a cycle shorter than 29 days?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search