Beth's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Beth2008's Avatar mommy in the making
So I guess I'm going to jump aboard the journal train and start mine up.

To start things off I'm Beth (27) and my DH is Aaron (29..almost 30). We have been together since I was 17 years old, I met him through a friend and we just hit it off, August will make 10 amazing but hard at times years we have been together. Married for four years next month.

I work full time at a Veterans Home and he works in law enforcement. We had talked about ttc from the time we were married but wanted to wait til our finances got straight a little bit.

So here we are, we started in August officially with a visit to an ob where I was diagnosed with pcos, and hypo thyroid. They started me on birth control because apparently this ob thinks that is the solution to help my period get straight, big FAIL. They were regular as long as I took the bcp but not after I stopped.

Not long after I stopped the bcp, my Grandmother became sick, her kidney's were failing and they said it was cancer. She had Alzheimer's already but with the kidney failure that just made her confusion worse. She was fine at times and at other times she would think I was her sister. I took a break from ttc to help take care of her, because we made a promise that we wouldn't put her in a nursing home, she didn't want that. I spent many restless nights sitting up with her and her be scared to death not knowing where she was in her own home. December 11th came around and that was the worse day of my life, my Grandmother passed away. It was also my other Grandmothers birthday in heaven. So that's not a very good day for my parents.

I just recently changed doctors and found one who seems to know what he is dealing with. He started me on provera and that got my period going, and metformin, and clomid. I am currently on CD 7 and on my third pill of the clomid. Waiting for the big "O" to happen ))

So there is basically my story of ttc, it's been a rough road so far and I pray that we all get our BFP's very soon! If you made it to the end sorry it was so long!

Thank you *Kiliki* for amazing siggy!

April 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
HI Beth!
So glad you've started a journal! I started mine a year into my TTC journey, and though not sure why I waited, I am SO glad I started mine, even if it was late. It's been such a great outlet for me, even if nobody else reads it (if you ever stop by my journal, especially of late, you'll note that my posts are excruciatingly long!)

Anyhow, I am sorry about your Grandmother, I know that's rough. I was exceptionally close to one of my grandfathers, and when he passed, it was a really, really bad time for me.

I am glad you have found a doctor that you like, and that is taking charge! Here's hoping you will O very soon!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
April 30th, 2012, 06:10 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Hi Beth! I'm glad you started a journal. I think it really helps with the stress of ttc.

I am sorry to hear about all the hard times you have been through and losing your grandma. I understand how hard it is, as in the last year I lost 2 people and a pet

Sounds like you are on the right track to get your body doing what it needs to do to get your BFP. I hope you get your's soon!

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 30th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks girls, it's been a tough year. Hoping that this year is full of positives. I am very happy with my me doctor, so hopefully we will get our bfp soon.

April 30th, 2012, 08:05 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Hi Beth! Sounds like you guys have had some rough patches, but now it's time for the positives! I'm glad that you like your doctor and I hope he'll be able to get your BFP for you soon!!

Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

May 1st, 2012, 06:56 AM
CD8

I'm getting pretty excited and nervous, hoping this will be our chance to finally get our bfp. I bought some more opk's and also some pre-seed yesterday at cvs. This will be our first try with the pre-seed so hoping that it might help a little bit.

Also I managed to swing by the baby isle at Wal-mart yesterday, just to look. I can't help myself, I go to the baby isle in every store I go in anymore. Makes me a little excited for when we finally do get our bfp. Not alot going on today, I got some hot flashes last night and I'm guessing that is from the clomid. Luckily I haven't had any of the horrible side effects from it that most people get, I'm moody, but that's about it.

May 1st, 2012, 09:23 AM
That's great that you got your OPKs and preseed. We did like it, so hopefully you will as well. I can't say much about the hot flashes and if they might be related to clomid, as I've not been on clomid before, but I'm hoping that these and the moodiness are the "worst" of your side effects. GL!

May 1st, 2012, 01:17 PM
So far so good, the metformin made me a little sick to my stomach but nothing to bad. And I'm excited to try the preseed, I read tons of reviews on it and it had mostly positive...

May 2nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Good luck this cycle! Whenever you feel icky; remind yourself of why your are doing this
Beth2008 likes this.

May 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Sounds like your new doctor has you on the right path. I would have told the other one to buzz off, too. Your method of getting me pregnant is putting me on birth control? No thanks! As you found, bc just masks your symptoms, it doesn't actually fix anything. Not that I'm anti-bc, it's just not gonna help you get pregnant!
Beth2008 likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
May 2nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
I am telling myself everyday that I feel bad that I will have a sweet baby to make it all worth it

And Jenny I agree, as soon as I came off of it, I ovulated one time and that was that. I was really upset at him, but that's ok I found a great dr to help!

CD 9

Took my last CLOMID pill of the this cycle WAAHOOO!!! Now the testing begins and the waiting game. I feel really confident, I just hope I ovulate. I keep telling my DH we can BD here very soon. I am going to listen to my doctor, and bd every other day beginning Saturday, but as well as testing with my opk's. Getting very nervous and hoping this is it for us..

May 2nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Ya, I know my RE sometimes, in specific cases, will use BC prior to starting a monitored cycle...but that's so they can regain complete control of you

May 2nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
I never thought about that Karin!

Is tomorrow to soon to start testing if I just finished my clomid today? I am thinking about starting tomorrow just to see what I get..

May 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
CD 10

Still taking the metformin daily, and weighed myself today and since the 13th of April I have lost about 8 pounds since starting this medicine. Needless to say I'm really happy with the outcome, and I'm so glad that they started me on the metformin, I think it is going to help. I also can't wait until Saturday so I can start testing for ovulation .

On another note my anniversary is coming up on the 24th and I have no CLUE what to get my DH, he's the type of man that if you ask him he will tell you he don't need anything or want anything that he is happy. But I KNOW him better than that, I just can't get him to tell me a thing.

May 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Make him a "coupon" book - like for little fun things - maybe a coupon where you do one of his "chores", a back massage...whatever things that would be little treats! Cheap, fun, and so so thoughtful!
Beth2008 likes this.

May 4th, 2012, 06:47 PM
That's a really good idea, I may have to do that. We plan on spending the day going out on our atv in the mountains. Hopefully it doesn't rain!

May 4th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Yay on losing 8lbs... that's awesome. I like Karin's idea of the coupon book too. Those are always fun. I tried that one time and DH kept saying he was allowed to keep the massage coupon and reuse it anytime he wanted

Good luck this cycle

May 9th, 2012, 07:02 PM
CD 16

Two days in a row I had a positive ovulation test, YAY!!! We took care of business tonight though, due to work this is the only time we done the baby dance .

I am praying for a bfp out of this, I know the chances aren't as high because we only got to this one night but I sure hope it happens. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying daily. Sorry for the TMI.

It's also hard to find time with our furbaby running around, he stays at our bedroom door when we lock him out LOL..

May 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
All it's supposed to take is that 1 time, right?!?! Good luck

May 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Hey Beth - just checking in on you! Hope that "one time" was "your time"!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search