Megan's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Introduction:

My name is Megan and I'm 23. Dh is Patrick, 25. I went off BCP's in January even though we thought we were planning on waiting a year or two before TTC. My biological clock starting going off like crazy though and after giving it lots of thought we decided to start trying now. We're on our 2nd cycle. I had my pre-conception exam yesterday and the dr. said everything looked good. I dont get the results of my labs until next Tuesday though...ugh. The Dr. told me not to worry about charting right now and just try to bd every other day.

A little about us:
We moved from California to Kansas in January but we are moving back to Cali in August. Kansas was not the right place for us. We are commited to a life of self-sustainability and natural living. We are teaming up with another family, a couple our age who have a 17 month old, and buying land together. We hope to raise our children in a communal, village atmosphere where they appreciate the beauty of nature and the harmony of family instead of worshipping money and material things.
May 26th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Dr. told me to cut out all alcohol now but I have to admit...I'm finishing off the last of the bloody mary mix tonight!
May 27th, 2012, 07:08 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Welcome to journaling! As for drinking, I say be smart about it. I have been ttc to long to give up drinking completely but I don't typically drink a lot but I'm going to have a drink here and there if I want one.

As for charting, it's up to you but it is strongly encouraged. You will be able to confirm you are Oing and if when you O is consistent every month or if it changes. You will be able to learn different symptoms you have around O time and tract them. You can also get OPKs too confirm O.

If you don't want to start charting now, you absolutely don't have to of course but if you don't conceive within the first couple months I would differently start then.

Good luck!

Forever missing my angel 2010

May 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Welcome to journaling! I think you will be very happy you started a journal, it's gotten me through quite a few years of rough times (and happy times) on my TTC journey. what Dawn said about charting, it's truly a great way to get to know your body. Some ladies go full-force with tracking their signs each month (BBT, OPKs, CP, CM, Ferning, symptoms, etc), and some just do a couple things, like me (BBT and sometimes symptoms). Either way you go, do what's right for you, and you will get a good idea of when you O each month and what your "typical" cycle is like.

Best of luck!

I also live in Cali...where in Cali are you moving?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
May 27th, 2012, 01:03 PM
We are moving to Covelo. We lived there last year and loved it so we're going back for good!

DH and I went on a long bike ride today. It's so ****** hot right now!

CM was pretty creamy yesterday so we did the bd twice. Woke up with terrible heartburn at 5am ( probably the stupid bloody mary's haha) and couldnt go back to sleep for a long time. Kept feeling a twinge in my lower right side.
May 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Just looked through the BFP pics of the lucky ladies in the Feb. ddc. I got so excited just thinking about how happy they must be and hoping that's me soon. We want this baby so bad!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search