The Journey to #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
That's really sad, about the 17-year-old.

I hope you have a good time in Vegas!
June 4th, 2012, 06:12 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Have a wonderful time! Did you decide on bringing your opks?

That is sad about the 17 year; I have a cousin who had her 2nd baby at 18.. she now has 4 and is 25 . Us as family try to be there for her kids when we can since it's not a great situation.

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 4th, 2012, 07:10 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I know it's a business trip, but try to find some time for fun in Vegas!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
June 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Josie-

First, I am so glad you started a journal... I am overjoyed to stalk you on this journey! Second, CONGRATS on the house- I know you guys had put a couple offers in at different times... I am so glad this one is going through! What a great new beginning for you and DH! As for being a brat about your current townhouse being small and working from home- I am right there with you (I think this is one of those situations we talked about being the same person lol). My current home has 2 usable bedrooms and the 3rd bedroom of the floorplan is currently my office which has a wide doorway into the living room (no door). I really hope our house sells soon so I don't have to worry about having an infant here and no silence for work as well.

Lastly, I hope your business trip wasn't too bad and hope you made it back home in time to bd for the big O this month!

Will be checking in soon....
June 11th, 2012, 09:26 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Well, I'm offically home from Vegas and of course forgot to bring my OPK's.... ugh I even had them on the counter ready to pack and then forgot. I had a great time there and seriously got NO sleep. Sometimes I think its a little bit nuts how hard business people party! I slept all day on friday because I was only on like 6 hours sleep in 4 days time or something insane.

Saturday we had a bridal shower for my cousin who I love to death, but she lives in Dallas. It was great to see her and her fiance. Sunday we started packing because we move next week. When I mean move, I mean move the majority of stuff into a POD - that will be dropped off at our new house in July. Then move (temporarily!) with my parents. I didn't realize how much moving sucked. We went through like 3 newspapers packing all the glass/dishware.

Nothing new to report on TTC. I should be ovluating any day now, but no sign of a positive OPK since I returned home on Friday. I'm crossing my fingers I didn't ovulate on the trip but I guess I won't know. This morning I thought my OPK looked slightly darker but my urine was super concentrated so it's probably just that. I was too tired to get any on friday, and tried to get some on sat. but my husband was too drunk to finish. Finally got some on sunday! Hope it's enough.

We also booked a camping/boating trip for June 30th with DH's non pregnant couples who are planning to get smashed and party it up. I figure if AF comes at least I'll have that too look foward to!

June 11th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I hope you get a positive opk so you know you didn't miss it! We also have a big camping/boating trip booked starting that day, and I will also be doing plenty of drinking if no bfp this cycle. I'd rather have the bfp though, of course.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
June 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Glad you had fun on your trip...even if sleep wasn't at a premium. Never is in Vegas, no matter why you are there!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 13th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I'm on CD 18 and I'm finally getting what looks like a positive OPK....I'm SOOOOO excted! I've also BD'd the last 3 days so at least I know my timing was PERFECT! I hope DH is good to go for a few more days of babymakin!

I've never seen a truly positive OPK before, but I haven't used them THAT many times. I heard that on the wondofo's you're supposed to see the first line darker than the control. Right now both are the same color....but all I know is yesterday AM there was NOTHING, an obvious negative. So I'm getting somewhere! I'll test again in a few hours to see if the surge gets darker.

Today is the best day!!!!!!!!!
Belita likes this.

June 13th, 2012, 07:27 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY!! Congrats, sounds like you are in line to O soon and you have great timing too! My fx'd for you!
June 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM
YAY for OPK+ !! I never used OPKs a lot either, but when I did, there was always a pretty clear +...it was like the test line had half the same color as the control, and half that was much darker!

GL!

June 14th, 2012, 06:28 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Looks like you got your positive OPK today . You should be Oing soon!

Glad you had a good time in Vegas even with the lack of sleep. A boating and camping trip sounds like so much fun!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM
SO....I've had an awesome day today. I'm on CD 20 and I think I'm either 1 or 2 DPO. I got a flaming positive on wednesday so I'm just praying this is it! We've DTD the past 5 days so I know we have timed it right! Now the waiting begins, and I swear that is the hardest part. This weekend is our big move and next weekend is Jason's birthday, so a lot to keep me preoccupied.

Fingers Crossed!
Belita likes this.

June 15th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you caught that eggie! Have fun this weekend!
June 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Super awesome!!! There is nothing better than a TWW where you are busy with things to occupy your time!

x

June 18th, 2012, 06:43 AM
CD 23
I'm 3 or 4 DPO I believe. Not feeling too hot today. I got up at 5 am and swam laps for an hour, man is that hard! My stomach has been hurting a little too and I didn't get much sleep. I am having such a hard time shutting my mind off at night. I am trying not to get too excited or married to the idea of a March baby, but who am I kidding? My day at work is pretty slow too which doesnt help things because I am constantly thinking, hoping, wishing that this month is it! Last night I realized how petrified I am to actually be pregnant again. But my 2nd thought was not to be negative and to make sure, from the begining that this baby knows I am sending positive vibes. I definitely don't want to be thinking the worst, because that is not good for anyone!

I am pretty exhausted from moving all weekend and still have so much left to do. DH's birthday is sunday and I haven't gotten him anything and everything I want to buy (new grill) we have no where to store since we're living at my parents.

That's all I have for now, I wish I could test!!!!

June 18th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
for you, Josie. I hope you'll be able to find some more things to keep your mind off things. I know it's the most difficult when you try to relax and go to sleep at night. Not much longer until you'll be testing though.
June 18th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I hear you about the fear and trying to stay positive. It's hard but it really is best if you can do that.

Since it won't be too long until you move into your new house how about you just put a picture of the grill you want to get him in the card and then you can actually pick it up when you're in your own house?
June 18th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Since it won't be too long until you move into your new house how about you just put a picture of the grill you want to get him in the card and then you can actually pick it up when you're in your own house?
Agreed. I think this is a great idea. Maybe if you want to wrap something, you could get a small grill accessory (like a light, or grill brush or something), and wrap that?

I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!
x
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

June 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Ooh those are cute ideas ladies Thank you! I love you girls!

June 19th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I have wrapped pictures of gifts before, when they didn't arrive in time. That's what I'd do!
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!