Ashley's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree75Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 06:31 PM
butterfly721's Avatar Mommy-to-be to a baby boy
Happy Easter, Ashley.
March 31st, 2013, 09:20 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSam View Post
Ashley, you're definitely facing a lot right now! I'm glad your husband is home, even if it is a brief trip. I must have missed a post about the PID. Does that go away? Can it come back?

Happy Easter!
There's no way to know at this point if I had PID with out them finding damage... but the likely hood of not having it, is very low. They told me .5-1% chance. But at least one tube is open, and that's what matters. But abx helps resolve the symptoms... I still have some. So we'll see what the OB says. If I remember tomorrow i"ll email the finance girl for the office to find out what a PAP would cost, and if it's too much I'll call Planned Parent hood and get one done there and have the results sent to their office. PP will run the STD test... I will flip my head if it's not gone.. since all my symptoms went away after treatment (Woody was treated too, but had no symptoms)... and that treatment was so hard on me. I was sick. I had constant headaches, and then I lost my baby at the end of it.

Just a little over a week.. and I should have some answers... I hope. Or at least have the bloodwork processing for my thyroid. Hopefully things will go quickly from there.

And ty girls for the Happy Easters. I hope you all had good holidays too!!

April 2nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
DH and I are both working extra hours this week. If my boss keeps giving me the extra shift, and Dh keeps getting the extra shift... that's an extra $330 a week for us!!!!!! Less rest for DH, but more money for us!!!!

I'm not the only one who needs to see a doctor, even if it add more to our debt, we need to get him looked at, see if we can get him better too. My house was spotless when he was gone, and he was back for like 30 hours.. and it's been wrecked from his skin. I know it's not his fault.. but it really depressed me.

April 2nd, 2013, 05:36 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Woo hoo! More money, especially when it's used for medical purposes, is always a good thing!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 2nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah he wants to buy a house, which I understand because it would be good for us. But we don't have 20 grand (land + mobile home... we would build later), and if we can't get credit cards, we sure as hell aren't getting a mortgage! And I'd rather us not be sick and miserable while we work towards this house. I'm hoping if my thyroid treatment eases up the pain in my feet, I can take on more hours, and might look at working somewhere that pays a little better.

I really don't want to work full time, even though it would be awesome for us. Because the minute I take on a 40hr a week job, I don't ever get to see my husband... and I'm just not ok with that. So I've been holding off, waiting to see where his next job is going to be. If he gets one of the long jobs (one is 1 year, one is 2-3 years) I'll start looking for full time jobs where ever he is, and then I won't have to worry about not seeing him, just worry about our hours not lining up and seeing him daily (cept watching him sleep... which creeps him out so I do it a lot. LOL).

Part of me keeps thinking, so many people in my position would love to not have to work, and then go and earn an extra 20k in a year. For some, that's a cycle of IVF with out dipping into savings or budgeting. For other's, it's 20grand off their mortgage. But for me, it's just not worth not seeing my husband for a year (or only seeing him a day or two here or there for a year). It's not the life I wanted, and a house doesn't mean that much to me... an apartment with a washer and dryer would keep me nice and freaking happy!

DH mentioned last night, he still thinks we should wait until Next year to consider any medical treatment for reproductivity. August 2013 was our original ttc date, he seems to think that it means a year from then. What he doesn't seem to understand is it could still take another year, or even two from THEN to get pregnant. ugh.. stupid man. It's not like I had any intention on moving forward with anything this year. We just can't afford it. My thyroid treatment is going to cost us enough as it is... but it has to be done... the possible outcome of the continued high numbers should be enough to scare him to death... and then me finding out that the numbers required for ttc for thyroid is under 2... and at last check mine was 27.27.... that's scary!!!

Only a week now... I really hope he's going to help me, at least regulate my thyroid, see if it helps bring my lining down to manageable levels so I can come off the baby aspirin which is really really helping, I might be able to actually use a tampon now... I haven't been able to in years with out crippling pain. I don't know why it worries me, it makes me feel so much better, and I'm not experiencing any random bruising.. but when your father dies from a cancer that made his blood so thin it would run like water for hours just from shaving.... aspirin is a scary thing.

April 2nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That would be so hard not to see your husband for long periods of time so I can see why taking a 40 hour a week job would be so hard!! I hope he is able to get one of the long jobs so you guys can work something out and I really hope you can get your thyroid treated ASAP!!!

Cautiously expecting Seamonkey #2 Due Oct 4th

Missing our angels:
Molar pregnancy loss (12 weeks) - 1/2013
Missed Miscarriage (10 weeks) - 6/2013
Early Miscarriage (5 weeks) - 12/2016

April 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
I completely understand not wanting to work full time if it means you never get to see your DH. Spending time together is very important.
April 2nd, 2013, 10:32 PM
Tonight at work was hard. When I got there, both the baby boy and baby girl sections had been trashed by customers. I really do not get why you have to hold up 4 sizes that aren't the one you want.. and then just toss them back on the table that was neatly stacked before you got there.

Well... folding teeny tiny baby clothes was torture. Beyond torture really... each piece was a silent reminder that I'm not having a baby this year. That my womb is empty, and they are dead. I have a knack for upselling in the baby sections.. so that's where I get stuck. I'm already a bit enough pain in their rear with my foot as it is, so I don't want to tell them that I can no longer work in 1/2 the store.

A year from now I better be folding tiny freshly washed clothes... and no folding them at a children's clothing store with an empty uterus!

April 3rd, 2013, 05:27 AM
So sorry Ashley! I hope you find a better job soon. I believe that a year from now you will be folding baby clothes, either because you just had a baby or you will be washing them for the arrival of your baby!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

April 3rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
That is really tough I also believe next year you will be folding clothes for your own little one

Missing our angels:

April 3rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
I really hope that your Club Uterus will be filled with at least one customer soon. You would be an excellent mom. I know it must be really hard to work in the baby section when you want a baby of your own so badly. *hugs*
April 3rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly721 View Post
I really hope that your Club Uterus will be filled with at least one customer soon. You would be an excellent mom. I know it must be really hard to work in the baby section when you want a baby of your own so badly. *hugs*
My husband says to be quiet about "at least one" LOL. Everyone keeps telling him since I'm getting older we're going to end up with twins.. he turns white as a sheet.

I'm not opposed to twins. I do think our chance of formula would go up with two though.... which makes me want to cry. My natural boob shape is known for low production (or none at all).... I'm just hoping genetics plays a role.. since my mom and aunt were both pretty much milk cows (my mom donated thousands of oz of frozen milk after my brother weaned, she pumped for a year for a woman).

April 3rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Nerd
Ashley, you are so strong! I hope regulating your thyroid will work wonders for your body.

Some days I wish I didn't go to school or work that much. But I'm more of a workaholic than not. Poor husband gets a backseat to work, school, or cycling most of the time.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
April 3rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Fair enough - I hope that your Club Uterus gets only one customer at a time.
April 3rd, 2013, 08:43 PM
I am totally not a work a holic. I hate working, with a passion. Maybe it's because I've never had a job I've liked.

I'm starting to fear that going to the Ob on Tuesday is going to be a waste of money. Deep down I know that the doc is in a good position to take advantage of me financial wise. Each appointment is $223. I'm expecting to need two quite close together... which is understandable. There will be the initial, hopefully bloodwork and then a follow up with an RX.

But then there will be follow up bloodwork required. If he makes me go into the office to even write the req... and then wants me back again to go over the results and write a new rx.... I'm screwed. I've had to have bloodwork done as frequently as every 4 weeks in the past, or as far apart as 12 weeks (or a year when they finally leveled me off).... we cannot afford $446 every month, or 6 weeks, or heck even 12. We could do $223 every 12 weeks... probably could even swing it every 45 days if my boss keeps giving me good hours. I will have to ask when I go in... I guess if it comes down to it I just go along with it for how ever long he writes an rx for.. and then we'll re-evaluate what we can afford.

It just sucks. At home, it was free. Well.. no, I paid my taxes... but other than that, I only paid for my meds. I could go to the doctor every day and it had no impact on my pocket book. And now my basic health could drive us to eating tacos and ramen for life... it's not fair.

*tmi warning*

It doesn't help that DH seems to be getting worse. He's having bad skin on his.. um.. man parts.. which made sex last cycle almost impossible. We are an every day, every other day kind of people... and we managed it 8x all cycle. It doesn't help that DH was circumcised at birth, with a tight cut. This means there's not a lot of wiggle room if you know what I mean. It's painful for me... and now since his skin is tightening even further... it's actually tearing during the deed!!! It's terrible, and there isn't anything we can really do to help him. He needs to see a doctor, but 1- we can't afford it and 2- we know it will be a waste of money because every doc he's seen other than the natural medicine one, has said that it's psoriasis and he can take horribly toxic meds.. that don't help. It would be so nice to get him better, not just for our sex life, but for every aspect.

*tmi warning over*

I've been working slowly on getting the apartment more situated. Not nearly fast enough for my liking.. but it's gonna get there. I'm going to spend some time this weekend going through our massive pile of papers that I've stashed all over. See if I can whittle it down to something more manageable and then get them put away. Next week, my goal is to get Reme's room cleaned up. It's a disaster in there since DH ripped apart the closet to get something. Plus I've piled it full of dirty laundry that I don't have time/ambition to wash. The door's been shut since I brought Nola home.. and I'd like to be able to open the door during the day. lol. I'm afraid I'll lose her in there right now.

But I can't help but think that If I get the house cleaner, and make it maintainable... then maybe I won't feel as stressed as I do right now. I can keep up with it all with it's just me... but when it's DH and me.. I can't. I need to kick that man in the rear I swear. I figure the stress isn't helping my body want to conceive either.

April 4th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I'm sorry about the skin issues that your DH is having. I had no idea that could happen. I had a bf in college who was a bit flaky down there, but he never seemed to be in any pain. My roommate said it was because he masturbated too much, but I think she was just kidding, right? She was a weird girl, so I tended to just disregard everything she said.

I am a terrible housekeeper, and I know I would feel better if I could just keep my house cleaner and more organized. I always feel better when I really clean and make an effort to keep things neat. And yet...I just can't seem to get motivated to do it. My mom actually offered to help me spring clean. I was mortified. She works full time and managed to clean, and if I don't even work and can't keep my house clean, I feel like there must be something really wrong with me.
April 4th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I am so sorry you are feeling stressed It is so rough when things seem to spiral out of control like that. Health care is so expensive here and it can be really hard to budget for, is the doctor willing to work with you on payments and such? I know some do that when you are having to pay out of pocket. So sorry your DH is in so much pain too - that sounds so miserable. When I finally get my house in order I know it makes me feel better - so hopefully if you can find the time to get it all organized it will help you to de-stress.

Missing our angels:

Last edited by momology; April 4th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
April 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I don't know Elle. I figure they'll talk to me about that stuff on Tuesday when I go in. Cause the scary thing is on top of the office cost, there's still going to be lab costs and prescription costs.

April 4th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Money issues always make everything that we do in life more difficult. I hope that you will get some answers at your OB appt and that it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

So sorry about DH's issues and the physical pain that it causes.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

April 4th, 2013, 12:25 PM
If it starts to cost too much, I'll call my dr in canada, find out what an out of pocket visit would be there. She'd happily write me a years RX. I'm sure the plane ticket, dr visit, rx twice a year is STILL cheaper than down here. (isn't that sad?)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search