Ashley's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree75Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Nerd
Are you still on your thyroid meds? Are they helping with the weight loss? Go girl! You're doing awesome on your weight!
August 16th, 2013, 12:18 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
lol yes, I will be on them for life. They are helping that's for sure. I just started the higher dose this week, so I should see another 5-10lbs gone from that level boost... but soon I'm going to actually have to work to see it go

Good news. I've finally dug us out of the financial crisis the move put us in!!! yay!! Dh told me that he wants to go to Canada next summer. But to do it, we need 30 grand in the bank. If he can keep working the hours that he is (or more) that would mean 33 more "open" paychecks (meaning no bills to come out of them) before July. If his hours don't change, that would be an approximate 49,500 in the bank by then! (keep in mind, dh earns wages, and then he earns a tax free daily amount for living expenses which pays for the rent and bills). I figure it'd be less, about 45k once you factor in Christmas and the random bills that pop up (like car insurance lol). But still. WOW!

I also realized after paying the 5th balance payment on our credit card since we got it that I've managed to keep us from paying interest

So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself today.
ImALittleTeaPot likes this.
TTC #1 together since December 2011
BFP 11/27!!!!! 8-11 dpo (funky chart) edd August 7th 2017
May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1d

Me: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motility Vitamins started August 2nd.

August 16th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Nerd
$30,000 in the bank to visit Canada? Why?

And YIPEEE for making those payments and getting on track with bills. Very few feelings compare to being debt free or working your way there.
August 17th, 2013, 02:28 PM
A trip to canada can cost between 3000 and 5000. He wanted 25k put away by July 1st, so to go to Canada, there has to be another 5k there.

We will never be debt free. His first marriage left him with SO much debt it's not funny. Most of it he didn't even know he had (ie he assumed it was paid, but it was not). I want to start chipping away at the bills from my kidney stone this fall. They're sitting on my Canadian Credit (since I didn't have a US social) and I want to get that cleared out before I take Citizenship in 2016 (I forget the exact reason why, but the Immigration lawyer suggested it). One company wanted to settle but DH wouldn't let me. I was kinda annoyed it was an 800 bill and they were willing to settle for $350. Sometimes my issues with "his money, my money" cause problems. He doesn't view it that way, but I do since I don't work.

I'd also like to have that out of the way if we need an RE. I'll settle and take the credit hit, I don't care.. but I just want the debt GONE.

August 19th, 2013, 06:53 PM
dont have much to add. i'm sore and tired today..

I had a little breakdown after taking my morning meds. I shouldn't have to take so many dang pills.. but I do.. and I feel like I should be taking more in hopes something will work and get us pregnant. But really... all I'm likely doing is making expensive pee.

*sigh*

August 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM
starting a new supplement this week.

DIM which flushes excess estrogen out of your body, opens up the tsh receptors that estrogen blocks, which benefits the thyroid and often lowers the need for medication.

Side effects include weight loss, hormone balancing and successful pregnancy

seriously at this point.. what can it hurt? The only side effects I'm worried about are headache and dizziness.. and that's only for the first week or two.

August 20th, 2013, 04:54 PM
butterfly721's Avatar Mommy-to-be to a baby boy
I hope that the new supplement is helpful! I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't have the headache or the dizziness, but I will also keep my fingers crossed that you DO have the side effect of a successful pregnancy! *HUGS*

August 20th, 2013, 10:52 PM
My SIL's is being induced... I think I'm going to need a drink.... or ten....

August 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
I'm sorry.

August 22nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
I managed alright last night. Didn't even have a glass of wine

My new supplements came today, and someone gave me a list of ones to research and check out. Anything is worth a try right now.

I have changed to a bio-identical CoQ10 and added DIM (Diinodolylmethane). DIM is the good parts of cruciferous veggies like broccoli and cabbage. In fact to get the daily dose of DIM you'd have to eat 2lbs of veggies !!!!!! It helps with estrogen balancing and tsh receptors. So that works out well for me.

I'll be adding a few more over the next few weeks as well... not 100% on which ones just yet.

We will likely not ttc at all in October as I could be home with my family the week of Ovulation. I'm oddly ok with that... I think it's only because I haven't been home in a year.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I have reached 212 lbs. 20.4lbs lost This is a HUGE accomplishment for me... I've had no luck in losing weight since I moved to the US and it's starting to feel like I just might one day get back to my old self size wise!!! If I keep up the weight loss I will reach what will likely be as low as I will get the 1st week in April. that's 80lbs in a year.. not too shabby if I can keep it up!

I only have 2lbs to reach the initial 10% of my body weight... so that's a really big plus

Though hopefully sometime before then I get and stay knocked up

August 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar a sibling!
I've also been looking into supplements. I'll post in my journal what I'm taking/starting to take and why
Jessica, Raif, Penny and expecting #2!

Two years TTC with #1 followed by a surprise BFP, born Dec. 2014
NTNP for 6 cycles, due Oct. 2016!

August 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the weight loss, Ashley!!! Thats amazing

I lost about 50 lbs which was much needed about 2 years ago but sadly I've put some of it back on. Not all of it , but some. I thought I'd have motivation to lose weight before the wedding but that was a big fail!

I think its a great excuse to GO SHOPPING!!

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

Expecting a Baby BOY early January 2017!
August 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellJoO View Post
Congrats on the weight loss, Ashley!!! Thats amazing

I lost about 50 lbs which was much needed about 2 years ago but sadly I've put some of it back on. Not all of it , but some. I thought I'd have motivation to lose weight before the wedding but that was a big fail!

I think its a great excuse to GO SHOPPING!!
lol I did the shopping 5lbs ago.. and most of those shirts don't fit anymore. LOL.

Even my new jeans may not fit me when I go home. LOL. Thankfully I still have some skinny clothes saved from when I moved down here that might fit

August 23rd, 2013, 05:53 AM
I'll be leaving shortly to go pick up Reme. I've also scheduled my Pap for this morning before I get him. It has been too long since I've had one and I am helluva nervous.

And despite sleeping long and well last night I'm already super tired *sigh* if I didn't have to drive I'd be WIDE awake... blah.

August 23rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
I'm sorry that you are tired. I hope that your drive to get Reme goes well.

August 23rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have a great trip and appointment!

Cautiously expecting Seamonkey #2 Due Oct 4th

Missing our angels:
Molar pregnancy loss (12 weeks) - 1/2013
Missed Miscarriage (10 weeks) - 6/2013
Early Miscarriage (5 weeks) - 12/2016

August 23rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Way to go with the weight loss! Thats a great achievement!!

Hope today all goes smoothly, I think that having a pap (or a smear test here) is like going to the dentist, its fine once you've actually done it and you wonder what you were worried about!

August 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Easiest pap I've ever had... the Nurse Practitioner was fantastic. And she was quite helpful.. and concerned. She's in training to be a midwife but is paying for it by working at Planned Parenthood.

After my PAP was over she said that based on my answers to the form questions, and questions she asked.. and my pelvic exam.. she expects I have PCOS.. as pcos doesn't necessarily mean you don't ovulate. My left ovary is slightly enlarged.. and my right one (the one that hurts) is enlarged and lumpy feeling. To quote her "I've never found ovaries on a big girl this easy.. they're just right there". I explained past ultrasound findings from that ovary and she could not believe no one went any further.. just threw me back on birth control.

She said I fit the description of insulin resistance pretty well and suggested I kick my doctor to the curb and find a new one immediately and get some bloodwork done. She herself is a Medical Assistance mommy having had to do IVF to conceive her child... and usually tries to help the women that come through her office as much as possible. Especially for something like this.. if my A1C is out of whack, it could one day lead to diabetes.. and that's just not something I want to deal with.

My mom had PCOS.. the largest cyst she had removed was 10cm (I think).... so this would not be a gigantic shock to me really.

She also suggested I ask for a round of difuclan (for yeast infections) since I have 5 separate skin yeast infections that aren't healing with otc yeast creams. It was the skin that made her say something about getting tested for PCOS.. because apparently unhealing/recurrent skin infections is a sign of insulin issues (which I hadn't heard before).

So that's my news... isn't much news yet... I'll call and see about getting switched to the OB's/Midwives down here and see if I can get some results for once.

August 26th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Super Mommy
Wow, it sounds like she was really listening and paying attention!! What a helpful visit! So what is next on the list? You gonna try to get in with another doctor about the other conditions?

August 26th, 2013, 11:14 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Ditto! Glad to hear that she was proactive. I'm a fan of straight-to-the-point, let's-get-sh**-done people

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search