Christi's TTC #1 Adventure

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 09:28 PM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
CD 25, 10 DPO, Cycle #1

Today was actually a pretty productive day. I was working from home, and I always get more done while at home than when I'm actually at work. Funny how that works. It's harder for people to interrupt you if you're 25 miles away, with a phone number they don't know. LOL

DH and I went to the local AFB here to talk to the Tricare folks about me being covered. We waited longer than we actually talked to someone! How many times does THAT happen anywhere else?! Anyway, turns out I'm already signed up for the coverage, and I just need to get new RXs sent in to their mail order pharmacy. Instead of paying $60 for a 90-day supply of testing strips, I'll pay $9 through the military. WOO HOO!!!! Even my insulin will save me money... $40 vs $9 through the military. So on two RXs, I'll save $100 - $18 = $82 savings every 3 months! Great, Great, Great!

Also, I found out they will cover some infertility services, should we need them, but they must be coital-related (in other words, no IUI, no IVF, etc.) Primarily they'll cover hormonal things. I guess that's better than nothing, should we need any of that.

Cycle-wise, still mild cramping, still no other sign of the . I typically retain water like CRAZY and that's not happening. I typically get zit after zit after zit, and though I think I may have one, that's certainly not the several I normally get. Someone mentioned vivid dreams, and I've CERTAINLY had them every night the last 2 or 3 nights. I do typically have dreams, sometimes very strange ones, but not usually for several nights in a row. No other things going on, other than mildly constipated.

I told DH tonight over dinner what my plan is for testing. I think I've decided to wait until Sunday to test, if AF hasn't made her appearance by then. That would be 13 DPO and since I'm not sure how my cycles are going (this is cycle #1 since starting to chart), I'm not sure when I should be "late." Temps are still decent; although, we all know how quickly that can change.

The next few days will be FILLED to the brim with things to do for the trip we're taking to WA on July 11. We're leaving Tucson and driving to Seattle for my 20-year high school reunion, and then going to ID to visit my parents for just over a week. I'm SO THRILLED to be leaving Tucson for 2 weeks in the summer, but I'm also the chair of the reunion committee and we're trying to cajole people into attending to make the reunion worthwhile. Ick. I hate this part of it. But, the reunion should be fun. While we're in the Seattle area, I have an appointment to go see my childhood home (from the inside) with the current owners. My parents sold the house in 2000 and moved to ID, and I'd like to see the inside once more. I'm chalking it up to some sort of closure. It will still be hard to see it, however, as I'm sure it has changed.

Well, speaking of the reunion, I have to do a couple more things related to that before bedtime, so I better get to that.

Thanks for reading!
-Christi

Me: 41 (almost), DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (Dec, 2013 - currently 5 lbs away from goal weight)

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids present, endometriosis suspected
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014 - Unsuccessful

Cycle 2: September, 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

Cycle 3: October, 2014 - Failed IUI

Cycle 4: November, 2014 - IUI (currently in the 2WW)

June 29th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
That's awesome on the savings for all the supplies!!!

With how late is late.. generally after ovulation it's 14 days, but it can give or take a couple. I had one go to 17 days once.. it was an oddball though. But testing at about 13 isn't a bad idea. (I normally test once per cycle even though I always say I won't until I'm late.. LOL).

Sounds like you're going to have a busy time!!!
NTNP #2
June 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Temps are lookin good!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM
CD 26, 11 DPO, Cycle #1

It's Friday! Happy Friday, everyone!

Today was a good day, and it's not even over yet. DH and I met with a perinatologist and I LOVE her already. I really hope I have reason to be one of her patients in the very near future. (For those of you that are unclear, perinatologists are doctors that are specialized in high-risk pregnancies - if I get pregnant, I would be considered high-risk because of my age, my type 1 diabetes, and my history of high blood pressure.) She spent about an hour and 45 minutes with us, telling us about the risks, and answering our questions. It was VERY helpful, and she really put my mind at ease that if problems arose, I would be in good hands (as well as the baby, of course). The next step involves a letter that she will write to my regular OB/GYN talking about the things that we discussed, and some blood work will be done. In addition, I'll have a urine test to determine my kidney function, a thyroid test to determine if there are any problems there, an electrocardiogram to determine the condition of my heart, and a test for toxoplasmosis (since we have two cats). Then, we wait and see what happens. I'm aware that I may never see her again, but I'm at peace with that for now.

One thing she did say that I'm going to ask my OB/GYN about is that she said that the luteal phase is always 14 days. But I don't understand how that can be right. Maybe she meant that the AVERAGE luteal phase is 14 days. That would make more sense, but when I tried to tell her I didn't know when I should be getting my period this cycle because I had never charted it before now, she said it should be 14 days from ovulation. Hmmm... So, I'll be seeing my OB/GYN at some point, and I'll ask her.

Bottom line: even though there are a LOT of scary things that can happen, I'm relieved and settled knowing what I know now. I feel good that we're not going into this blindly, thinking that it will be all goodness and light. She even said something like, "So, diabetes, is that it? I mean, I know that's a lot by itself, but I was expecting something harder to deal with." Made me chuckle, anyway.

So, the plan is still to test on Sunday, provided AF hasn't arrived. I'm still feeling cramps, and they were more significant today, at various times, and only for a few seconds. THAT'S weird for me. My bbs are a little sore, as well, but that's not new or different. The things that are weird are: steady cramps for the last several days (already mentioned), no water retention (this is VERY strange for me), no obsessive hunger, and no acne breakout. I told DH that a symptom of PG could be breasts that feel fuller, and heavier and he said, "How could you tell that? Yours are so small..." Did he REALLY just say that?! He said it so innocently that I ALMOST believed he wasn't trying to poke fun. ALMOST.

Now, we're trying to figure out what to do for dinner. Nothing sounds good that we have in the house, but neither of us want to go out and get anything, either.

Well, that's it for now. I'm trying not to think about testing tomorrow, instead of Sunday. I may cave and do it, though...

Have a good night, everyone!

-Christi

I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (Dec, 2013 - currently 5 lbs away from goal weight)

June 30th, 2012, 09:34 PM
CD 27, 12 DPO, Cycle #1

Not a whole lot to report for today. DH went out to our church today to help them distribute food to needy folks in the community. I stayed home and putzed around the house, watching 48 Hours on ID (I love true crime shows). My back was bothering me, so I ended up laying on the floor in front of the TV for a while.

Bad Kitty had an appointment at the vet at 4:15 for vaccinations as he will be boarded during out trip to WA and one of them is due while he'll be being boarded. So, I needed to get that taken care of before leaving. He was pissy about the whole thing, of course; his meows were pa-thet-ic, like I was killing him single-handedly. He did fine, as usual, however, and was back home in the safety and comfort of our bed within a couple of hours. He will be, however, on a diet now as he's now 16 lbs. (He's a Maine Coon so he will be a big cat, but even 16 pounds is a touch much for him. 15 would be ideal, according to his vet).

So, both he and Daytona will NOT like it when I do not allow them to graze anymore. Now, I just keep the bowl filled and they eat whenever the mood strikes them. Daytona is also a Maine Coon, but she's only 15 months old and can self-regulate better. Although, she's already at least 10 lbs, but again, because she's a Maine Coon, she will be bigger than most other MALE breeds.

Anyway, I started writing a list of things that I need to do before we leave for the trip. In about 10 minutes of thinking, I came up with 23 items. Looks like it will be a very busy 11 days coming up.

Cycle-wise, nothing new to report. Still no signs of the . Still have the mild cramping, but it went away for a bit today. I may have felt a LITTLE nausea, but it was gone before I could recognize what it was. The plan is still to test tomorrow morning with FMU. At this point, I don't know what to think, of course, but I can't help but think it's going to be a BFN. I'm an odds kinda girl, and the odds are that I am NOT pregnant. Even though I know BFPs happen, I have a hard time believing they could happen to me. We'll just have to see. Even if I think it's a BFN, I'll post the result as there have been others posted that I would SWEAR are negative, but others see the pink line.

Well, I guess that's it for now. The plan for the rest of the night is just to chill and watch some TV and then head to bed a bit early as I'm pretty tired. I guess that's from doing nothing today, really.

Have a good evening, all...

Christi

June 30th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Oh, I forgot to add...

For those of you who may be wondering, my avatar picture is called the "Cougarhead Logo" from Washington State University (my undergrad alma mater). Whomever designed it was brilliant, as the W, the S, and U are contained in the actual drawing. And, my screen name is broken out this way: WA = Washington, ST = State, and COUGR = Cougar. When I lived in WA, my actual auto license plate was STCOUGR, because it already had the "Washington" on the plate. I considered it my one moment of brilliancy that I'm allowed in my lifetime.

Also, does anyone know what this smiley means?! I can't figure it out:

Ok, now I'm REALLY getting of this computer and watching some TV before bed...

-Christi

July 1st, 2012, 09:18 AM
CD 28, 13 DPO, Cycle #1

Well, this cycle appears to be a bust. My temp dropped dramatically upon testing this morning, and as expected, I got a BFN when I tested.

AF hasn't arrived yet, but I expect her to in the next day or so now. My temp is still above the coverline, BARELY, but being 13 DPO means it's not too early to see the 2nd line, and there was nothing. I did upload the pic to Photobucket, but for some reason my phone takes HORRIBLE up-close pictures so it came out really blurry. And, I don't know how to inverse the colors. I've included the pic here, but it's almost not even worth looking at it's so blurry.

I'm really happy to know that I may be having multiple days of cramps for no reason now, as well. I've never had that happen before, and I guess having them on CD 1 isn't enough anymore. :-\ Sorry, the cynacism is rampant in my house right now.

Well, here's on to another cycle... :-\ And GL to everyone still in their 2WW!

-Christi

July 2nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Sorry about the temp drop and BFN. But you've got one cycle under your belt learning about your body, so that's a huge plus. I always found with my cell phone pictures, if I backed up a bit, the blurriness went away. Sure, it's not as close, but it will be much clearer!

July 2nd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks, Karin, for the reply. I tried backing away to see if the focus would get better, and it did, but then it was too far away to see ANYTHING. So, I'll have to dig out my digital camera the next time (whenever that may be).

CD 29, 14 DPO, Cycle #1

This will be a quick update as I have a meeting to attend in 19 minutes.

Strangely, this morning was temp was up again. And not just a little up, but a LOT up... Almost a full degree. And no AF. One of the biggest signs of AF for me was water retention, and that's not happening, either. So, I'm not sure what the heck is going on.

I did eat like a horse yesterday, and I was very apathetic to life in general, which happens when AF is scheduled to visit, so I'm just waiting for her to barge in, unwelcome. But now, I'm hoping she does it quickly so that I can get on with the next cycle. Sheesh.

The good news (and there HAD to be some, I suppose) is that IF my DH and I decide to do TTCMA, TriCare will cover the hormones necessary for IVF. They won't cover anything having to do with the IVF itself, but at least the $3k/month drugs will be covered, should we decide to do that. I'm still on the fence about that. I suppose no decisions have to be made yet, but if, at the end of this 6-month period, I'm still not pregnant, I will only have one shot at making the decision to go for it. If we decide not to, then I don't think I'll ever be able to change my mind based on my age and health issues.

And, I'm actually starting to think that PCOS may be a problem for me, as well. I'll have to be very observant in the next few months and do some research, but since my sister had it, I wouldn't be surprised if I was afflicted, as well. Just another thing stacked against us, I guess.

Well, don't mean to be such a Debbie Downer today, but as I'm sure all of you can relate, it's hard to be positive with the realization that another opportunity has been missed...

-Christi

July 3rd, 2012, 09:44 AM
CD 30, 15 DPO, Cycle #1

Be forewarned...

I wish my body would just get on with it, already. I had another HUGE temp drop today, and now my post-ovulation temps look like the Swiss Alps. My reaction this morning was, "Ok, SERIOUSLY?!" And, even though I've gotten many of the symptoms of AF, still no AF yet. HURRY UP SO WE CAN GET TO THE NEXT CYCLE!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr.

I did some research into IVF and local REs around Tucson last night, even though I told myself that I wouldn't and that if it didn't happen naturally, then we would just let the foster care option progress to adoption. But whenever I think that, I always come back to another thought, "If we don't try it, and try it as soon as we can, then we'll never know." Obviously, it depends on a LOT of factors (the most obvious being getting pregnant without MA, of course) but I truly believe that if we had to use donor eggs I think that would be a deal-breaker for me. Most of the reason for me going to extremes to have my own child is because, well, it would be my OWN child. There are too many unknowns dealing with donor eggs that I'm not willing to explore. Everything else, however, is still on the table, in my opinion. My husband isn't as convinced, of course, but mainly because he knows how much of a strain it would be on us financially, emotionally, physically, etc. I'm still REALLY bothered by the fact you have to wait the prescribed amount of time before seeking assistance. My philosophy is, why wait 6 months to find out there's a problem that would most likely have prevented pregnancy from the first day? But whatever, it's my own frustration to overcome, I suppose.

Oh, and did I mention I'm STILL having cramps?! Lovely... (And yes, being in a pissy mood IS a symptom of for me, as well. So good of you to notice.)

And I don't know what it is about TTC and now noticing EVERYONE around you is PG, EXCEPT for you, of course. A gal I work with every so often (she's in another dept and I typically chat with her via e-mail) came to a meeting with me yesterday, and she's PG. Then, on the way home, I hear that Adele (the pop singer) is PG. Oh, and last week, I met with a gal who I'd never met with before in-person (again, just e-mail), and she's WAY PG. Of course.

Ok, rant over. For now, anyway.

So, on the positive front, today is July 3rd and that means that tomorrow is a day off! Woo hoo! More importantly, it's a chance to celebrate (again) all that our veterans have done to ensure our freedom. My DH gave 22 years of his life to the USAF; I can't tell you how proud of him, and his family, I am. It also means that we're a week away from leaving for vacation. While that is exciting, of course, it's also scary. I have SOOOOOOO much to get done between now and then, it's not even funny. The list I created a few days ago has grown, exponentially, and I'm certainly not crossing things off as fast as I would like. So, this weekend is going to be BUSY. Oh well, maybe I can keep my mind off of my TTC frustrations.

And, I said my rant was over, so I won't mention how frustrating it is to get people to come to their own 20-year reunion. SHEESH! You'd think we wanted them to come so we could pull their teeth or something. Oh yeah, NOT mentioning that...

Well, better get back to work now. What a "blah" day today...

-Christi

July 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry you're feeling so crummy. Believe me, you are in good company here...we've all had cycles that are like that near the end...and we've all experienced those "why is everyone pg but me?" and the "why can't I just get pg on my own?" feelings. Trust me, you are not alone. Rant/vent away, that's what we are here for...

I am not going to my 20 year reunion Mostly because it's all the way across the country, and I'll be 7 months pg at that time, and it's over Thanksgiving weekend (which will cost a small fortune to travel), and my entire family will be out this way then anyway. But ya, I can see how it would be frustrating!!

July 4th, 2012, 08:53 AM
CD 31, 16 DPO, Cycle #1

STILL no .

And, I think I may be affected by PCOS. My sister had it, and I've got several symptoms. Yay.

That is all.

July 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM
CD 32, 17 DPO, Cycle #1 (STILL)

Yeahhhhhh... Still no .

I'm starting to be even more convinced that PCOS is the culprit here. I came off of BCPs in January/February (can't remember exactly when) and I was just chalking up my infrequent periods to that, but I wonder if it was PCOS, instead. Because I was charting temps the last month, I am pretty sure I O'd when FF says I did (CD 15), but I can't understand why AF is still MIA if it's NOT PCOS.

I've done two HPTs and both were BLAZINGLY negative, so that's not it. Besides, I don't have any symptoms of being PG.

And, I've gotten almost ALL of the symptoms of AF: acne (which is also PCOS-indicative), irritability (for the last two or three days), cramps (for the last week, at least), increased libido, and tender BBs. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So, I called my OB/GYN this morning and asked for an appt. ANY appt between now and next Wednesday as the DH and I are leaving for our 2-week road trip to WA next Wednesday morning. I'd really like to have SOMETHING done before we leave as I feel that time is of the essence. I'm waiting for my doctor's nurse to call me back. I've already decided that if she hasn't called by 2pm, I'll be calling them. Again.

Also, if it turns out that I DO have PCOS, I probably will start a journal in that forum and close this one. We'll see.

Once again, I'm feeling like precious time is slipping away as I'm sitting here, waiting. I wonder if DH can get an SA done before our 6-month mark if I've got PCOS. Probably not.

Sorry for the rampant discouragement these last couple of days. It helps to express it here, however, and I know you all are so supportive. I'm counting on that now.

-Christi

July 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let me say 2 things... Wow and Whoa!!

It's taken me a few evenings, but I've made my way through your journal! Wow! You've been through soooo much and I wanted to give you a and to both the TTCYF board and the journal section. I cannot imagine losing my sister... and just wish I could give you real

I'm one of the original "Vets" of this board... very few of the girls who were here when I started are still here. I'm 37 years old and on my 40th cycle... so I can relate to each and every feeling of frustration you're going through. Hell, I was just remarking to myself today how there are PG women EVERYWHERE! I swear! So, it's NOT just you!!

Now for the Whoa! Closing out this journal?! Slow your roll there, Missy! Even if you do have PCOS, which is NOT the end of the world btw and actually one of the easier fixes as far as IF issues are concerned... that's no reason to leave this board.

You will still be TTC your first child... and that's what this board is all about. There have been a large number of girls who were regulars of this board with PCOS. Most of them are gone, because they're mommas now! I personally know girls who had severe PCOS, to the point of having 60-70 day cycles who are either mothers or currently PG! So don't lose heart.

Now don't misunderstand... I'm not discouraging you from venturing over to the PCOS board and asking questions, educating yourself, etc... But I'd hate to see you leave us completely.
kbpeanut likes this.

July 6th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Karin - I'm sorry I'm just NOW responding to your post. I can completely understand about you not wanting to travel when you're 7 months PG. I wouldn't either! Thanks for the kind words and your uneneding support, as well.

Nikki - Thanks for the reply, and the much-needed hugs! Ok, I promise I won't close out this journal if I do end being dx with PCOS. Although, I hope to have to close it out for ANOTHER, much happier reason. You're right... I thought I couldn't handle losing my sister, and while that is generally true, she did happen to make it a little easier toward the end. She started pulling away from both me and my mom, the two closest people in her life, and though we didn't understand it then, we know now that she was specifically creating that distance to prepare us, I believe. But, I will still miss her for the rest of my life...

And now for the good news...

CD 1, Cycle #2!!!!!!!!!!

finally made her appearance this morning! So, apparently last cycle was 32 days, and my luteal phase was 17 days, if I O'd on CD 15 like I think I did. I'm just glad that we can move on to another cycle. I'm still waiting to hear from my OB/GYN about testing for PCOS, but now I have to call them again to find out about testing FSH on CD 3 (which will be Sunday). They're going to LOVE talking to me by the time we leave for WA on Wednesday morning. LOL

And, that means that we'll be staying with my parents in ID when I O. YAY! Well, at least my mom and dad know that we're TTC, so it could be more awkward, I guess. But on the other hand, I really don't want them to KNOW that we'll be BD in their house while visiting... (BTW, what kind of emoticon could I use for that?!) I guess this means I'll be bringing my BBT, OPKs, and HPTs with me.

Because this is CD 1, I've got pretty killer cramps today. And of course I'm at work, so that makes it funner. I think I've got some Midol somewhere around here; I may have to go hunting for that later.

I'm still thinking that PCOS might be a problem, even with a 32-day cycle and not needing meds to have AF come to visit. We'll just have to see.

And, for the record, I'm seriously thinking about doing a round or two of IUI if the time comes. The meds will be covered, and the procedure itself isn't that expensive, so that might be an appropriate compromise - medical intervention without the level/cost of IVF. We'll have to see about egg quality, SA, etc.

In other news, this weekend will be BUSY as it's the last weekend we're in town before leaving for two weeks. Last night, the daughter of a gal I used to work with came over to get instructions and meet Bad Kitty. He'll be the only one in the house during our vacation as the other two have temporary homes during our time away. Daytona is going to a friend from work who has another cat about her age, and they get along really well. Her cat would like some company, so that worked out fine. Mollie (our Golden Retriever) will be going to Virginia's grandparents as they already have a large dog, and Mollie and Bomber get along well, too. So, it's only BK that's the odd man out. But, he'd prefer to be in his own house than with a boarder, so that works out. And, paying the gal to come over every so often is cheaper than getting him boarded.

The Pilot goes in for an oil change, nitrogen in the tires, and power steering fluid topped off tomorrow morning, then I have a nail/hair appointment at 2pm. On Sunday, I'm going to get blood work done (TSH) and BK has an appointment at the vet to find out why he's scratching his hair off on his back between his front shoulder blades. That should be fun for all involved.

Of course, then we have to clean, wash clothes, pack, update the iPod, get stuff together for the reunion, and I have to find something remotely flattering to wear. I'm NOT looking forward to that. But it's one of those necessary evil things.

Ok, I've rambled on too long already. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and here's some baby dust for all!

-Christi
Coley likes this.

July 6th, 2012, 09:51 AM
First off, I agree with Nikki, PCOS or not, that's no reason to leave us! I'm with Nikki, one of the long timer vets here (and even though I could leave, I can't...I've been here too long!) There are LOTS of ladies that ebb and flow through here with PCOS, severe even, and still come here for support. I also agree that the PCOS board is a great place as well, but no reason you cant hang both?

So glad AF arrived. I always get a chuckle out of those cycles where we pray for AF, after spending most of our time and energy willing her to stay away!

I'm sure you will get all things sorted out for your "timing" during your trip. Dont worry about it, you'll make it work!

Have a super weekend!
x
Coley likes this.

July 7th, 2012, 01:45 PM
So glad to hear that you'll be staying with us!! I'll be happy to see you leave when you're moving on to create a Grads Journal and not a moment before!!

I think IUI's are a great option to consider... I just had one done today, as a matter of fact! They really are quite inexpensive on their own, and since your insurance will cover any meds you may require, I think it's an excellent idea, should it come to that.

July 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I am so glad you'll be staying, and I agree with the IUI. My first IVF cycle turned into IUI, and it was super easy, and many doctors will recommend this as a first course of action, especially if your insurance will cover your meds!

July 10th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I haven't been venturing much into the journals the last little while, so while I'm totally sad AF came, at least you can get on with that new cycle!!!

As for the PCOS stuff, I'm one of the resident PCOSers on this board, so definitely feel free to bug me if you need any help/support or have any questions. I used to hang on the PCOS board, but ended up just here since this is a more active board..
Coley likes this.
NTNP #2
July 11th, 2012, 07:16 AM
While I'm generally never happy to see the show up... I am somewhat glad for you since this means you've begun a new cycle which gives you a new chance to catch that egg!!!

Hope you're having a great trip!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search