Christi's TTC #1 Adventure

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM
wastcougr's Avatar Adopting One of Each!
CD 15, Cycle #2

I know it has been a LONNNNNNG time since I updated my journal, but not really anything new to report happened, so don't feel like you missed anything.

Cycle-wise, I'm waiting to O, and I'm sure it will happen soon - maybe later today or early tomorrow, I believe. My temps have been a little weird because I believe I got a fever with my cold in the last three days. I've never had a fever with a cold before (or, maybe I never knew I did because I was never temping before) but in any case, it was nearly 2 degrees higher than "normal" pre-O so I decided to disregard it for now. Today's temp wasn't great, either, but more in line, so I kept that one.

And, I've been using my OPKs and checking CM quite often, so I'm sure I haven't O'd yet, even though my temps are "up" by the usual definition.

So, the plan is to test later night and see what happens. If that's not positive, then I'll test tomorrow, as well. I O'd on CD 15 last cycle, but I'm thinking that the stress of being sick may have postponed it a bit.

Finally, I will say that it's very interesting charting/temping/etc. and especially BDing, while at the parents' house.

Other than that, the trip up here was BORING and LONG. And we'll be leaving ID Monday morning, but we'll be stopping outside of Vegas to visit a friend, so that will break up the monotony a bit on the way home.

My 20-year high school reunion was a BLAST. I'm really glad it was, too, since I did most of its planning. But it was CLEAR that everyone was having a great time, and the fact that there was an after-party as well, is proof enough for me.

So, I'm glad to be getting back to the animals, and our own bed, but I'm not anxious to be back in 105+ degree heat.

More in the next couple of days...

-Christi
July 23rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Glad to hear your reunion and trip was a success! Ya, doing any sort of charting can be tricky when you are away from your normal routine. We go on a camping trip every august, and that was always super fun

Thanks for checking in! x
July 23rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Glad you had a great time! Sorry about the cold but yay for charting! After a couple months you most likely see a pattern.

Forever missing my angel 2010

July 28th, 2012, 10:37 AM
CD 23, Cycle #2

Yeah, you read that right... Still no DPO yet. According to the MILLION OPKs and my BBT, I haven't O'd. Yet. Still. Whatever.

Obviously, this cycle is a bust, and I'm not sure if it was because of the cold, or the travelling, or both, but it's REALLY frustrating to completely miss out on an entire cycle for whatever reason. I thought I would O late, certainly, but not at ALL?! REALLY?!

And yes, I've gotten some symptoms regarding my CM but nothing that I would consider EWCM. And the OPKs have shown lines, immediately even, but not even CLOSE to being darker than the control line. I'm so frustrated that this cycle is apparently going to be annovulatory since it's not like I have years to spend doing this...

Other than that, the trip was fun, albeit too short, and disregarding the fact that I got a cold for most of the trip. But, we got to spend some time with family and friends and that what was most important.

Well, I just wanted to give a brief update (and rant a bit, as well) and now it's time to go read up on other people as I'm hoping to brighten my mood a bit...

-Christi
July 28th, 2012, 09:28 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Hi Christi! I just read through your journal! Welcome! We have been TTCing on and off since April, but I have been having really uneven cycles - for example, my previous cycle, I O'd on day 25 (for a total of 36 days) and then the cycle I just finished was a perfect 28 day cycle! I wasn't temping, so I have no idea when I O'd, but it just goes to show that there are cases of people Oing really late in the cycle.

I'm glad your vacation went well! And speaking of reunions - I got an invite to my ten year high school reunion, less than a month before it's actually happening! We live halfway across the country so we won't be going

I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
wastcougr likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

July 29th, 2012, 05:12 AM
It is possible to have annovulatory cycle every now and again. It is actually crazy how every little thing can play a factor into affecting when you O, if you O. I hope you O soon!

July 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
CD 25, Cycle #2

Yeahhhhh... Still no O in sight. I'm running out of OPKs so I ordered some Amazon cheapies today. It would figure that THIS cycle is looking pretty anovulatory, given that DH and I have been BDing like crazy (this is not as easy as it sounds... DH has ED and we can only get a finite number of "helper" pills each month).

So, the theme for this cycle is:

I'm pretty sure my whole reproductive system forgot what it was supposed to do as it's not doing ANYTHING... No symptoms of O, no symptoms of AF, no pain, no fluid, no nothing. Grrrrrrr.

Anyway, in other news, I get to move my desk at work. We have a cubicle farm here and I don't like where my cubicle is now - on the end of a row in a large room. So, as people meander through the room, they invariably pass by my cube and it's distracting to me. As such, I whined enough today and I'm being allowed to move my cube to another one. Woo hoo!

And, I have a funny moment to share with all of you, as well... This morning, I got up and started getting ready for work. As I was undressing for my shower, I realized that all of my clean bras were in the laundry room. So, figuring that due to the time, everyone (including my almost-13-year-old step daughter) would still be sleeping, I walk out into the family room with only my underwear on (i.e. topless). And guess who should be sitting in the recliner, quiet as a mouse?!?! Yep! My step-daughter. Wonderful. I'm probably going to get hate mail from her mother, claiming I've traumatized her for life and she now needs therapy or something...

Anyway, it's very odd for her to be sitting there, not watching TV, not playing with the cats or dog, not making ANY noise, so I was completely surprised to see her there. To her credit, she said, "Hey Christi. Good morning." I briefly debated walking to the laundry room, grabbing a bra, and calmly walking back to our bedroom, but thought better of it and retreated to put on a shirt.

I still don't know why she was sitting there, doing nothing and making no noise, but when I came out after the shower (completely dressed), she was now sitting on the couch, doing the same thing. She was still there, with no TV on, when I left the house. What a strange child... CLEARLY, she takes after her mother...

So, that's my story today... or LACK of story, TTC-wise. Here's hoping tomorrow will bring something different and more exciting.

-Christi

Last edited by wastcougr; July 30th, 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Grammatical corrections.
July 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Sorry this cycle is frustrating for you
That made me about your topless story! I've done that one too many times, and I often forget that if i'm not careful, my neighbors can see into our house at the right time of night. Yikes!
July 30th, 2012, 03:53 PM
CD 25 UPDATE!

I'm currently at work, and I just decided that I'd go use the restroom. On the way, I did my Kegel excercises as I realized that I haven't done any CM checking yet today... And EWCM here we go! I had a full 5 - 6 inches on the stretch, so I called my DH and told him to be ready for me in the next 30 minutes! :-)

(I'll confirm when I get home that the OPK agrees with me, as well, if I can sqeeze out a little more to test with - I'll hit the water fountain on my way out!)

Wish me luck! :-)
kbpeanut likes this.
July 30th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Good luck!
July 31st, 2012, 12:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yey for EWCM...hope the OPK agreed and you got some Bd'ing in!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 31st, 2012, 08:54 AM
CD 26, Cycle #2

Well, after the excitement of yesterday afternoon, I'm sorry to report that there doesn't seem to be much hope that I was actually ovulating. I POAS when I got home and that was negative. I even POAS 5 hours later, and that was even more negative, IMO. We still BDed, but I'm not very hopeful that anything good will come of it.

My temp this morning was a little bit up, but certainly not as high as I would expect if I had actually O'd. Sooooooo... we wait some more. Hopefully today will bring some other good news.

DH is meeting me for lunch today and we're going to the Cheesecake Factory as they're running a promo for 1/2 price slices due to National Cheesecake Day or some such thing. I don't really care what the occassion is, I'm just excited for cheesecake.

I'm also in the process of writing and sending invitations for Virginia's sleep-over party at our house on August 10. We have 8 invites, and her list of people to invite stopped at 13. Uh...that's an issue. When I explained there were only 8 invites, she looked at me like I had two heads. I swear, sometimes I cannot believe she's going to be 13...logic completely escapes her at times. But, I suppose that's the same with any pre-teen/teenager. Besides, all I have to do is remember her mother and the lack of logic makes sense.

Also, DH and I will be providing respite care for an 18-month-old girl this weekend. We don't know the details yet, other than her gender and age, but we've not done this for a child this old so this might be interesting. For those of you who don't know, Hank and I are licensed foster parents for the state of Arizona. We did that because I always believed that getting/staying PG for me would be a significant miracle and I wanted a sister for Virginia. Because private adoption is cost-prohibitive for us, we went the foster child route. And, because I want a female baby, we'll be waiting a while (or longer) for one to be matched with us. In the meantime, we're TTC our own on the off chance it actually happens. Although, if it does, you KNOW we'll end up with a boy.

So, I'm excited about meeting this new little one on Thursday... I just hope that someday, there's a little one out there that won't have to go home...ever.

Well, better get to work. Happy Tuesday to everyone out there, and here's some for you all.

-Christi
July 31st, 2012, 09:30 AM
That is such an honor, to be a foster parent. My best friend from high school just finished her "training" and is now a certified foster parent in DC. She got her first child a few months ago, a 1 year old girl. She just loves her to pieces. What great people you are. I am adopted, so I can more than appreciate what fostering means.

God bless you for opening your home to these children!
July 31st, 2012, 04:06 PM
Wow....that is really cool you are a foster parent. I dated a guy who parents were foster parents and have say that's a pretty cool thing to do.

August 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks, guys, for your wonderful comments regarding our decision to foster. It took a bit of convincing to get DH on board with it, as he hadn't wanted children this late in his life - at least, not baby-age. But I wanted the baby experience from as early on as possible because I knew I'd only have one shot. Whether that shot be a foster child, or a natural child, I'm convinced I've only got one chance. So, based on that, he decided to jump on the bandwagon. Lucky him.

So now for the main event:

CD 27, Cycle #2

I got my first + OPK of the cycle last night!!!! I was so surprised as I wasn't expecting it at all... I had tested my CM earlier in the day and it was a LOT less stretchy than the day before, so I wasn't expecting anything. And BAM! There was the smiley face! I looked at the test strip itself and it was VERY positive. That was at 7:30pm. I showed DH and he said, "YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" My heart broke a little bit in that instant, but all I said was, "No, honey. This is saying that I'm close to ovulating, FINALLY." We BD later, without the use of any "helper" aids.

Based on last month's + OPK I got on CD 15, and the negative OPK I got the following morning, I was expecting that to happen this morning, as well. NOT SO MUCH!! I got ANOTHER positive one this morning! So, I brought a couple of them with me to use at work today so I can keep up on when the surge disappears. I'm going to see if I can convince DH to BD again tonight, although I think I might be asking too much. We've DTD Monday and Tuesday nights, so perhaps I should give him some recovery time. He IS old...

And, after temping this morning, I knew I hadn't O'd yet as my temp was LOWER than yesterday. So, I'm hoping tomorrow morning's temp show I O'd. That would be just swell.

I was really bummed that this cycle was looking anovulatory, and it still might be, but at least we're headed in the right direction, finally. I can't believe that the travelling and being sick with a cold delayed ovulation roughly 12 days... Grrrrrrr. Oh well, it is what it is, right?

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday, this first day of August (already?!). I'm going to actually try and get a few things done today before the meeting marathon starts in less than an hour.

Here's some for all!

-Christi
August 1st, 2012, 09:23 AM
YAY for OPK+ That is great!
August 1st, 2012, 11:22 AM
CD 27, Cycle #2 UPDATE

Just a quick update... I just POAS and got ANOTHER + OPK. Should I be concerned? Should I be happy as last cycle I only got one + OPK? This makes #3, roughly 16 hours apart. Anyone else experience this?

I'll do another one in another 4 hours and see what happens... I'm thinking if that one's negative, then I'll have to convince DH to BD again tonight, maybe...
August 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM
Totally normal. It for sure can happen!
August 1st, 2012, 03:57 PM
Update: ANOTHER + OPK just a few minutes ago. I think I'm trying to see how many I can rack up! :-)
August 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
for +ve OPK's!! totally normal to have more than 1 positive, just shows that your body is gearing up to O.

Just had a look at your chart - did you temp yet today? i'm curious to see what it is....

Also..im a bit late on this but i really think its great that you foster, i think it takes a certain sort of amazing, kind and patient person to open their home up so i just wanted to
wastcougr likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search