Christi's TTC #1 Adventure

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
for OPKs that are POSITIVE! Keep em comin!
August 2nd, 2012, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
GREAT temp for this morning...if the next couple stay like that i think you can safely assume you O'd this month! yey!!
wastcougr likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 2nd, 2012, 12:24 PM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
CD 28, Cycle #2

I think this was O-Day! After today's temp, I'm pretty sure I O'd sometime during the night. I had ANOTHER + OPK last night at 9pm and DH and I were going to BD, but we were both so tired that we said we'd wait until morning.

So, this morning, I temped and saw the jump! YAY! It was only 13 days later than last month, but who's counting?! I did another OPK and it was positive, too! Good grief... But then I realized this was FMU and perhaps the hormone was leftover from the night and it's not being produced any longer. Pretty soon I'll do one more OPK test for this cycle and I'm hoping that will be negative. We shall see.

All in all, despite the lateness, I'm feeling like there's nothing else we could have done to help our chances this month. I still haven't had any blood work or anything else diagnostic done as we're all waiting for CD 3 of the next cycle (unless soemthing miraculous happens and I don't HAVE a CD 3 for 9 more months). And that's the frustrating part for me... Doing all of this and investing all of this energy, and it may be for no reason at all.

I'm excited to (presumably) be in the 2WW, finally!

I've updated my chart, as well.

-Christi

Me: 40, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (8 months ago - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

TTC for roughly 2 years now with no hint of success thus far.

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids and endometriosis evidence present
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014
CD 3 - 7: Clomid
CD 14: Post-Coital test (cervical cells look great, no sperm present)
CD 16: Ovulation
CD 21: Progesterone @ 12.0
CD 28: Ultrasound to check for...? Not sure at this point.

August 2nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Update: I just POAS again the Clearblue Digital reader said it was +, but after looking at the stick itself, I don't think it was. It was the same shade as the control line, although it was a little wider. Now, however, it's VERY negative. I was going to take a pic and post, but there's no need now as the test line is almost gone.

So, I'm thinking that the surge is done and it's starting to fade. Which would make sense so I'm happy about that. I still think I O'd last night due to my temps.

Anyone have an advice or experience to share with this?

-Christi

I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (8 months ago - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

August 3rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
CD 29, 1 DPO, Cycle #2

First off, an update from yesterday that I didn't get the chance to post... I did ANOTHER OPK last night and it was clearly negative. So, I think the positives I got earlier in the day were just LH tapering off, or being collected from the previous night, before O'ing. IDK. It's great how we come up with crazy justifications for things when we don't understand them.

Anyway, temp was up again this morning! Actually, not only was it still up, it was the same as yesterday's which does not happen very often. So, I'm now thinking that I'm 1 DPO based on that. I'm anticipating that FF will give me CH tomorrow! Woo hoo!

So, now the fun part begins. Waiting.

Oh, and I checked CM this afternoon and it was very egg-white-like. Which is odd. But whatever. Now I just want to get the next 10 days over with... I might do another OPK tonight when I get home just to be sure nothing strange is going on...

In other news, I made an emergency trip to Target this afternoon during lunch to get some things appropriate for a 17-month-old. We realized we didn't have things like a sippy cup, or finger food/snacks, or toys/books for the girl we're doing respite care for this weekend. She's a doll! She's in love with our animals, and while the cats ignore her for the most part, our Golden Retriever has sworn to protect her in the event of a nuclear meltdown. Hank and I can fend for ourselves, I'm sure she thinks... Whenever we get a baby in for respite, she claims her as "Mollie's baby." It's adorable.

That's the extent of our weekend plans. Virginia will be with her mom most of the weekend, so Hank and I will probably watch a lot of Olympics coverage, and figure out how to solve issues related to the child.

Now I just need to find out if kids her age can eat things like Oreos, Goldfish, and animal crackers. I'm hoping so!

On another, completely unrelated note, WHAT does this smiley mean?! I can't figure it out!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Christi

August 6th, 2012, 09:16 AM
CD 32, 5 DPO, Cycle #2

Fertility Friend is saying that I'm 5 DPO now, but I think I'm only 4, roughly, as I believe I O'd later in the day, but whatever.

In any case, I finally got crosshairs for this cycle! I'm just glad it didn't turn out to be annovulatory like I had originally feared due to being sick and travelling.

Speaking of being sick, I've had diarrhea all weekend (although mild) and this morning I woke up with a headache and feeling mildly nauseous. It could have been a migraine, as those will make me nauseous, as well, but it's relatively gone now. So that's good.

Not much else to report on the cycle-front, other than just waiting. As usual.

In other news, we did our respite for the 17-month-old this weekend. She was a doll! We think she has a future in gymnastics, softball, or the discuss as she was displaying these skills in our family room as we were watching the Olympics most of the weekend. She was IN LOVE with our Golden Retriever (who isn't?) and was using her as a trampoline whenever we weren't looking. Mollie didn't care one bit, but would look at us every so often as if to say, "Really?" The cats completely ignored her and in fact hid under our bed most of the weekend so they woudn't be the victims of random tail/ear pulling. Smart cats.

Anyway, she went back to her foster mom in the late afternoon, and if I had any inkling that she would miss me, that was shattered when she exclaimed, as her mom was taking her out the front door, "MOLLIE!" So, as I suspected, the kids don't like us, they just like the dog.

Now, Hank and I will be getting ready for Virginia's sleepover party this coming Friday night. Yay for us... Not sure yet how many people will be coming, but we're expecting between 6 - 8 girls. Mollie will be ECSTATIC; the cats will have proof that we hate them.

Ok, off to get some real work done. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

-Christi

August 14th, 2012, 08:51 AM
CD 40, 13 DPO, Cycle #2

I'm pretty sure I'm out this cycle. I tested on CD 38 and again this morning and both were BLARING BFNs.

So, now I'm waiting on but once that happens, I will have blood drawn on CD3. I couldn't get it done last cycle as CD 3 was a weekend. I'm hoping to avoid that this time again, but we'll see. With my luck, it is likely to happen that way again.

Whatever.

What makes me mad, however, is that I really don't know how we could have timed/planned/prayed any more or better. And perhaps that's the point... Even if you do everything "right," that doesn't gaurantee anything. That's why I find this whole process so frustrating.

And I know what y'all are saying... "It's only been 2 cycles." "Even healthy couples take up to a year to conceive." I know, I know. Really. But I don't HAVE a year to try to keep doing this. And, what really irritates me is that I can't get any real testing done until after the 6-month mark. That just does not make any sense at all. Blah.

Whatever.

In other news, the birthday party and the family party the next day went fine. The ex-wife was her annoying self, but what else is new? She actually had originally planned on sleeping over at our house Friday night for the sleepover party. I don't think there are enough emoticons to correctly convey how I felt about THAT one. I love how she just assumed it would be OK and didn't think about actually talking to us about it. I guess she decided not to, and told Virginia that she changed her mind. We found out from Virginia the next day when she was telling her grandmother that, "Mommy decided not to stay here last night with us." DH and I looked at each other and basically did this: Her nerve should be given some sort of prize. She even bought all of this food for the slumber party and family party, and got two large ice cream cakes WITHOUT, of course, telling us about them so we could prepare our freezer space for them. She just showed up with these cakes and we had barely enough room in the REFRIGERATOR for them. So, the leftover cake was tossed because we couldn't save it. A little communication PRIOR to showing up with the cakes would have prevented that situation, but she doesn't think that far in advance. She just assumes everyone will bow to her bidding, I suppose.

Oh, and the other news is that the reunion company we went through for the 20-year reunion in July forwarded me 3 complaints that were received about the venue, communication, preparations, etc. etc. I want to tell these people that if they want to complain so much, they can plan the next one from 1600 miles away and see how far they get. Ungrateful little...#*&$#*()^%#)*(

So, I'm trying to think of anything positive to include here... Uh... OH! We got a new Wii game - Wheel of Fortune. Woo hoo!

Well, time to go back to work, I suppose. I have no energy to even CARE about doing any work today, but of course I have 2.6 million meetings today. I guess the day will go by faster that way...

I hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday and here's some for good measure. God knows we could all use some.

-Christi

August 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
newprincess's Avatar Member
I would still test tomorrow if I were you, but that's me. I have to stop myself from testing all the time
It's great you have such a good relationship with your stepdaughter. I've seen it go different ways... Sending lots of sticky baby dust your way
August 14th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I may test again, if AF doesn't show. I made the mistake of looking at the positive test photo gallery on FF and found people had posted their tests as "positive" that I wouldn't say were positive, even if an imagination stretch was involved. And, then I searched for charts where there was a BFN before a BFN on 13 DPO or more, and there were a lot... So.... Of course there's still hope until the shows, but I don't know. Not feeling too hopeful at this point.

Meanwhile, I'm sick of hearing about people being PG. And how is it fair that women who do not deserve to have kids AT ALL have one after another?! That's the side I see all the time being involved with the AZ foster care system... The injustice just makes me crazy sometimes.

Anyway, I digress. Thank you for the vote of confidence, and all that WE ALL NEED IT!

BTW, did I miss your first name in another post? I don't remember seeing it...

-Christi

August 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
And just in case I wasn't in a bad enough mood already, we all found out at work that our lead is PG. She's 37 and already has a 3 - 4 year old son. How lovely for her and how crappy for me.

Time for a pitty party, I guess.

August 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM
newprincess's Avatar Member
Oh I know how you feel. When I found that my husband's brother was gonna have a baby I was pissed. It's weird cause I didn't even ttc then. It was just after my surgery and I was told by the doc to wait 6 mo. No she's all huge and I'm still not PG.

I'm Marlena btw
August 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
CD 41, 14 DPO, Cycle #2

Well, I'm pretty sure the showed this morning, although I haven't been able to confirm yet. As far as FF is concerned, I've only been "spotting" today, until I can get confirmation of an actual flow. I'm assuming that will be happening in short order, however.

What's odd is that I have NO cramping. I ALWAYS get cramps on CD 1, but I got nothing thus far. But, I've seen pink on the TP twice now, and one was after FMU. So, I don't know. I should probably go back to the bathroom and see what's going on now, but whatever...

I suspect that if AF doesn't come in full force later today, then it will be tomorrow and then I won't know what to consider as CD 1. Would it be today? Would it be tomorrow? I still need to get my blood drawn on CD 3 and if CD 1 is tomorrow, that would be Friday and that's fine. But if tomorrow is CD 1, then CD 3 would be Saturday and I can't get blood drawn on a weekend.

So... that's all for now. I may write more later, depending on what AF does. Getting ready to go to a meeting shortly.

-Christi

August 16th, 2012, 10:24 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Yeah, CD1 is the first day of full flow - spotting doesn't count. But I usually go from spotting to flow pretty quickly.

As for the reunion people, I would just write them back that you appreciate their comments but you really did the best you could given that you were so far away, and that you also haven't received any thanks, so next time, plan it themselves. Seriously. Do you really care enough to make nice about this? But then again, that may be me and the fact that I don't care about almost anyone from high school talking.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

August 16th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If CD1 isn't until tomorrow (booo AF), then call whomever scheduled the blood test. I know I had one like that and they were fine with me getting the draw done on CD2 or CD5. So definitely something to ask

With the reunion..if you only got 3 complaints, then consider it a success. Some people always find something to complain about, and as long as it's the minority, I wouldn't even let it bug you!
WTTC #2
August 16th, 2012, 03:20 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Sorry about AF. CD1 is the day of an actual period with a normal flow. If you are just spotting, it would just be marked as spotting and would not be counted as AF.

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 16th, 2012, 04:51 PM
CD 1, Cycle #3

This emoticon is fast becoming my favorite one to use recently. Unfortunately.

So, the showed today in full-force. She even brought her friend, Crampy Chris. Worst cramps I've had in a while, actually. And I'm in a pissy mood for many reasons, but whatever. At least, today is my normally scheduled day working from home so I could wallow in my bitterness without having to put a fake smile on for others.

Looks like CD 3 is going to be Saturday, as I had feared. I guess I just can't catch a break. I'll call them tomorrow and see if I can do it tomorrow, even though it will only be CD 2. We'll see.

Anyway, not much else to report on that front.

In other glorious news, my DH was rear-ended yesterday morning after dropping off Virginia at school. What's odd about this is that he was stopped to turn left, waiting for traffic, and where he was turning was in the middle of a school zone, so the speed limit is 15. The car that hit him did enough damage to make the insurance adjuster question if the car is totaled (it may be, depending on if the repair shop finds anything ELSE that needs to be fixed). Based on that, I REALLY don't think the driver (a young female) was only going 15 mph. And, this was on a straight stretch of road, so it's not like he was hidden around a corner or anything. He starts school on Monday, so he has to drive to the University of Arizona every day. His schedule is WAY off of mine, and I take the bus anyway, so he can't go with me. Beautiful. He takes it in on Tuesday to get fixed, and the driver's insurance company is providing a rental car, so that's good. Still. Another hassle we have to deal with. Life is full of them, though, isn't it?

Well, enough of a pity party for me for today... Back to work.

-Christi

August 18th, 2012, 10:01 PM
CD 3, Cycle #3

I didn't have any time to post yesterday, but thanks for all of the responses regarding my spotting vs. Day 1 issue. I thought that might be the case, but I was hoping...

Anyway, it worked out that I was able to get my blood drawn today, on a Saturday. There was ONE lab that was open so I picked up the lab order from my doctor's office yesterday afternoon and got it done this morning. And, not only are they testing my FSH level, they are also testing TSH to see how my thyroid is doing. My mom has a problem with her thyroid, but that's only been in her later years. She had NO issues getting PG twice in her life, and both were shortly after she started WANTING to be PG.

So, we'll wait a couple of days before I harass my doctor's office for results. I guess we'll go from there and decide what's next... For those of you who have had those tests done, what was the next step for you? I'm curious when/if an HSG will be recommended for me...

I decided today that I think we'll actively TTC for another couple of cycles (#3 and 4), and then, if I'm still not PG, then we'll do cycle #5 without charting or anything. It doesn't make much sense to me how NOT really trying seems to be working more than charting/temping/testing, etc. but whatever. I'll do it both ways and see what happens.

In other news, the strangest thing happened to me today. After getting my blood drawn, I headed to Tucson's ONLY Super Wal-Mart to see if they had something another Wal-Mart was out of (the Super is NOT close to the house, so I only go if I can't get what I need at the other one). When I was done, I got to my car and backed out of the spot, and drove the rest of way down the row of spaces. I passed a 2000 Honda Civic that was the same color as the one I traded in last November, when we upgraded to our Pilot. As I drove by it, I thought how FAMILIAR it felt, and I noticed that it had new tags (plate) on it, like someone had recently bought it. I decided to circle around and take a closer look at it, so I drove down the next row and in the spot directly in front of the Civic was my boss's car (she has vanity plates, so I KNEW it was hers)! What are the odds of THAT happening!? Anyway, I looked at the front grill of the Civic (I was looking for a dent that would be there if it were MY Civic), and guess what?! There was a dent! So I drove BACK around to the row that I parked in originally and drove behind the Civic again, parking a few spaces away. I walked back to the Civic, and sure enough, all of the familiar dents, scratches, and even the Sirius radio receiver on the trunk lid was still there... I couldn't believe it!

I actually waited around for about 30 minutes to see if the new owner would show up, but no one did and I had to go as I had groceries in the car that wouldn't make it in the Tucson heat, so I wrote a note on a McDonald's receipt and left it on the windshield. I still have a set of keys for the car that we forgot to give to the dealer when we traded it in, so I'm hoping they call me at some point to connect. I was the original owner of that car, so I mentioned that if they had any questions about it, I'd be more than willing to answer them, and that the car was GREAT for me, just became too small for my family. As of right now, they have not made contact (I left them my cell number and e-mail address). Even if they don't contact me, I feel good knowing the car is still in the Tucson area, and it was CLEAN inside. They're taking good care of it. Even a few of the scratches had been rubbed out, so they're trying to keep the exterior in good condition, too. I had that car for 12 years, and I still feel like I abandoned her, sometimes. It's weird how we get attached to objects like that.

So, that's the story from today... Tomorrow I'm taking Hank out to lunch for "Date Night." We thought about doing it tonight, but the restaurant we want to go to gets EXTREMELY busy at night, so we thought it best to wait for lunch time.

Nighty night, all...

-Christi

Last edited by wastcougr; August 18th, 2012 at 10:04 PM.
August 20th, 2012, 02:27 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I have not made it to the testing point but I did call the fertility clinic to find out what more information and what they said is to start with having DH to an SA and if that was all clear then next they would do a consult appt to get me going and after the consult my first test would be and HSG.

Hopefully others will chime in on there experiences bec it could be different .

I hope the tests come back good!!!

That is crazy how you ran into your old car....weird how those things happen!
wastcougr likes this.

Forever missing my angel 2010

August 22nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Dawn - Thanks for the information. I have warned DH that I want him to look into this now, so that we can get it done the second we think it should be. He says he had it done 2 years ago when he retired from the Air Force (probably wanted to make sure that nothing he was exposed to while on active duty caused issues with his little swimmers) and that was fine. I told him things could change in 2 years and to get used to the fact that he'll be doing it again.

CD 7, Cycle #3

I already wrote this post once, but for some reason it didn't actually get posted. So here we go again...

Cycle-wise, I am still waiting for signs of O. I don't expect it for another few days, but in the meantime I'm still temping. I have toyed with the idea of NOT temping, but I'm up at that time during the day anyway, so why not? On the weekends, however... IDK. I'll see how I feel about it then.

I started taking FertileCM last evening. I don't necessarily have a PROBLEM with my EWCM, but I could use more of it, AND it's supposed to help build up the lining of the uterus in case implantation wants to happen. I'm also thinking that if it increases the amount of EWCM, then we may not need PreSeed. Anyone have any thoughts on that subject?

FertileCM is also making me have horrible gas and mild diarrhea. Anyone experience that, too?

I think I've decided that no matter what happens with TTC, I don't think I'll ever take BCPs again, unless medically necessary. I've given myself a limit of age 40 to TTC (including giving birth) and if that doesn't work, then I'll just NTNP.

In other news... DH has a rental car now that his car is getting fixed at the body shop. They said it will probably take 3 weeks or so. Glad we're not paying for the rental! Which is huge, by the way. I have a Honda Pilot and it barely fits in the garage, and that was expected. This is a Chrysler sedan of some kind, and IT barely fits. Huh?!

I can't remember all that I had put in my first version of this posting, but I do remember that it was quite long. So, I guess lucky for all of you that it didn't post and I don't remember everything.

-Christi

August 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
CD 8, Cycle #3

Just a quick update for now...

My temps have SERIOUSLY been weird thus far. The one I had today was as high as it is after O'ing, so I'm not sure what the heck is going on. I even did an OPK that was WAY negative. I know the timing would have been off, and the OPK would have been negative even if I HAD O'd, but it still seems strange to me. I'll continue to test and temp the next few days and see if today's temp was because I was already awake, or something.

Also, you all may recall that I had b/w taken last Saturday. I hadn't heard anything from my OB/GYN's office as of this afternoon, so I called them. Left a message, of course. And I never heard from them. So, I will call, again, tomorrow.

In other news, we got a call from the body shop that's fixing DH's car. There's more damage than what the insurance adjuster estimated. Naturally. So, they're waiting for him to show up at the shop to reassess. I'm thinking they're going to total the car and that will SCREW us.

Tomorrow is a busy day for me, but at least it will make the day go by much more quickly.

for all!

-Christi

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search