Christi's TTC #1 Adventure

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Just keep taking your temp. Sometimes you can have an off temp. Just keep temping and testing with your OPK's.

Sorry about your car
August 24th, 2012, 07:06 PM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
CD 9, Cycle #3

The biggest news for today is that I finally got the results of my b/w that I had done on CD 3. Here are the results:

FSH: 5.5 IU/L
TSH: 0.91 mU/L

Both are within "normal" range! Woo hoo! This makes me very happy. In the large scheme of things, however, I know it's only the tip of the iceberg as far as things that can go wrong, but I can check two things off the list of a million or more.

Now, I guess we schedule DH's SA. I know this is only cycle 3, but I cannot bring myself to wait a full 6 months to start trying to figure out what might be wrong. As far as I know, there may be something else (say, diabetes?) that could preclude getting PG at all. If that's the case, at least we don't waste 6 months trying when it wasn't possible at all, anyway.

As far as ME, we try for cycle 3 and 4, then maybe do cycle 5 naturally with no temping/charting/obsessing. My membership to FF will be over by then, so then we'll see where we are at that point. We may already have a foster child placement, as well.

Personally, I'm having a hard time believing that being able to get PG, carry to term, and deliver is even something I'm capable of doing. When I think of being PG, I think of OTHER women, and not me. Could I do it? Could I go that long? Could I manage the diabetes sucessfully enough? Could I go through the potential problems? Could I rebound after a miscarriage? Could I see myself giving birth? All of the answers are, "I don't know." And that's scary.

I also know that we can do things that we previously didn't think we would be capable of doing successfully. I am FERVENTLY hoping that this is one of those times, should I even get PG. That, in itself, is going to be nothing short of a miracle, IMHO.

In other news, just as I suspected, Virginia's mother ONCE AGAIN stood up her 13-year-old daughter. For the WHOLE weekend. She claimed that she told us (and Gin) last weekend that she wouldn't be able to have her this weekend. Conveniently, and not very surprisingly, none of us remember this. And I know Gin would've remembered because she would have been bummed about it. What a (rhymes with sucking witch). And don't get me wrong, I seriously love the girl; Virginia is a rare gem of a teenager, truly. But I was hoping to have some quality time with DH this weekend. Once again, however, the ex-wife interferes with our lives. Shocker.

What makes this even more annoying is that Gin doesn't have any close friends that she can go hang out with, either. She has friends, of course, but none that she can just go over to visit on a whim. I don't even think she has any of their phone numbers. And that's just sad, but I think as a result of her early childhood (her mother lives in an area of Tucson that is quite remote) she got used to being alone, or playing with her half-brother who is 6 years younger than she.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on... I just get so frustrated with her and DH is also frustrated, but he doesn't ever say anything to her. Just to put this in perspective, we give her $600/month, and she has Gin an average of 4 days for that month. 4 LOUSY DAYS!?! REALLY?! And we certainly aren't rich... it would SURE be nice to put that money to something else other than her nail appointments/makeup purchases.

Ok, I said I was sorry to ramble. So I'm stopping now.

Thank you to everyone who reads/responds to these posts... It's nice to be able to "talk" to someone else about all of this.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

-Christi

Me: 40, DH: 44 (He has a 15-year-old from a previous marriage)
I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (Dec, 2013 - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

TTC for roughly 2 years now with no hint of success.

Started with an RE on 7/23/2014 and so far:

SA came back with 44 million, 27.3% alive
Fibroids present, endometriosis suspected
HSG normal - both tubes open

Cycle 1: August, 2014
CD 3 - 7: Clomid
CD 14: Post-Coital test (cervical cells look great, no sperm present)
CD 16: Ovulation
CD 21: Progesterone @ 12.0
CD 28: Ultrasound to check for evidence of O - present. Also determined fibroids are relatively small. Also the presence of endo is undetermined.

Waiting for AF, or + HPT for Cycle 1!

August 25th, 2012, 05:18 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I think it's common to have fears about giving birth and pregnancy but I tell myself everyone does so I can do it lol. I hope the diabetes don't put a damper on you carrying to full term. When you do get pregnant, is there something the doctors can do or will do to watch the pregnancy to help you carry to full term?

Yay for your tests coming back normal! Every little thing test that comes back normal is one thing to cross of your list .

An SA is a great way to start. I did a couple simple blood tests in the beginning which came back normal. Then we waited a few months, I had to have the doctor put in an order for DH to get an SA. I did that before we left for Vegas, when we got back I scheduled the SA and then i got my BFP Anyways...good luck! I hope everything comes back good!!!

Sorry about the ex-wife; that sounds awful! Do you think you will ever fight the fact you have to pay $600 a month???
August 27th, 2012, 02:24 PM
CD 12, Cycle #3

Nothing really significant to report TTC-wise today. I'm doing OPKs every day and so far, they've been blaringly negative, although this morning's WAS a bit darker than the previous ones. I guess that's good. I informed DH that we will be BD'ing on CD 10 (done), 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20. He doesn't seem to be upset by that fact.

In other news, Virginia had one of her friends come over on Saturday for a few hours. I think that was good for her on many levels, even though she told us later that she still had homework to do. We informed her that she is not to have friends over before her homework is done. SMH. Oh well, kids will be kids, I suppose.

And, last night she had to call her mother for something, and she did this while standing in the kitchen with DH and I within earshot. Typically, I tend to ignore these conversations as I really don't care about ANYTHING the ex has to say, but what both the DH and I found interesting is that Gin actually asked her mom what was going on this weekend that she couldn't spend time with her. I wanted to say !! Stephanie needs to be called on this crap as she pulls it so often and it probably gets ignored if it comes from Hank. But GIN saying something should make her take more notice. One would hope, anyway.

Also, yesterday afternoon, there was a quick power surge that caused our computers to reboot, etc. and we found out later that it fried our landline phone. So now we have to get a new one at some point...

As for DH's car, we still don't know if that will be totaled or not. The body shop called me on Thursday and said that more damage was found, but the adjuster hadn't come out to determine anything. Hank called the shop again today and they told him that the adjuster was coming today and they'd call us when they had more information. In a way, I hope it's still fixable and not totaled, but in another way, I hope they do total it, as long as we get a fair price for the car. I'd like to get something else as I'm not in love with Pontiac Vibes, and DH wants another car because the Vibe has a manual transmission. He can drive a stick, of course, as can I, but a lot of what we do is city driving and he's got minor knee issues. So, getting a car with an automatic transmission would be much better.

Anyway, as a final story, I was driving in to work today and I was flipping through radio stations. One of them had a good song on, so I left it there. The song ended, and the radio personality was aking for people to call in if they had an exercise device they weren't using. The first call he takes is from a woman that says she bought a treadmill 5 months ago, AFTER HER BABY WAS BORN to get rid of the baby weight. She hasn't used it, however, because she's too tired after getting home from work. And probably WON'T use it now for a while because SHE'S PG AGAIN. I turned the station at that point.

Finally, these last couple of days have been interesting trying to keep by blood sugar under control. I'm not sure why, but I've been craving dark chocolate, and yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about philly cheesesteak pizza from Domino's. I ate WAY too much and pizza is one of the worst things you can eat as a diabetic because the effects on blood sugar can last as long as 8 hours. So, needless to say, a lot about me has been messed up the last 48 hours. Ick. At least I don't feel bad, and I'm going to work out tonight.

Well, I suppose that's enough rambling for one post. I'll do another OPK tonight to see where we are. If all goes well this cycle, I'll be O'ing on Thursday which is my day to work from home. DH doesn't leave the house until early afternoon to go to school, so we'll have some time in there for BDing beforehand. Woo hoo!

Happy Monday to all!

-Christi

I'm a Type 1 diabetic (27 years and counting), and I've had gastric bypass (Dec, 2013 - currently 15 lbs away from goal weight)

CD 28: Ultrasound to check for evidence of O - present. Also determined fibroids are relatively small. Also the presence of endo is undetermined.

August 27th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
When you do get pregnant, is there something the doctors can do or will do to watch the pregnancy to help you carry to full term?

Sorry about the ex-wife; that sounds awful! Do you think you will ever fight the fact you have to pay $600 a month???
Dawn,

I'm not sure if there's anything they can do in the early weeks if I do get PG... That can be good and bad, I suppose, as I'm aready doing things that will help (I wear a pump, which is great, and I wear a continual glucose monitor, which would be an absolute necessity if I get PG). In the later weeks, they could require bedrest, but that's not unique to the diabetes. So, I guess to answer your question, I don't know if there's anything "special." I'll just have to find out if I become PG.

As for the ex-wife, I think DH is getting tired enough of her antics to seek legal advice. He was worried that she'd try and take Gin away from him, but family members (including some of hers) have pointed out that no judge would allow her to have full custody. I think he's just scared of pissing her off (i.e. reducing child support) because he thinks she'd deny visitation. But that can't happen if there's a court oder that he gets her in a joint custody situation. I hope he does confer with the lawyer as it just makes me sick every month knowing that we could use part of that $600 for other things...

-Christi

September 12th, 2012, 10:00 AM
CD 28, Cycle #3

Yeah, that's right. NO DPO yet as I haven't even OVULATED. I have NO idea why, either, as I'm not sick and we haven't been travelling. Was it the FertileCM? Was it the stress of having to buy another car? Was it the fact that I've gained some weight back? Was it all of these things, or something I don't even know about?

So, I don't know what the H&*L is going on. And, it would figure that this would be the month that I don't O as our BDing has been very regular. I've been doing OPKs since CD 8 and ALL of them have been LESS than negative.

On to other, not so stressful topics...

I have been remiss in updating my journal as of late, and I've been in somewhat of a funk recently, I believe. As a result, I haven't wanted to be on JM much. So, realizing that I needed the outlet to vent to others, here I am again.

Regarding the car, it was totaled and the other driver's insurance company gave us a fairly decent compensation price. We immediately started scouring Craigslist to see what was around, and then spent a couple of weekends driving around (in the rental car they provided) trying to track them down. In AZ, there is no sales tax charged by the state if you buy a car from a private seller, so that was our preference, but to do that, we had to make the 2-hour trip to Phoenix to get what we wanted. Of course, if DH had not INSISTED on a sunroof, the choice would have been MUCH easier. But anyway, we finally found what we wanted and he loves the car. He loves it so much, as a matter of fact, that he hasn't let me drive the thing yet.

So, in other news, my digestive tract has been tied in knots the last 12 hours, and I have NO idea why. Cramping, gurgling, gassiness, are diarrhea (sorry if that's ) are not making me happy today. Because of this, I'm wondering if I got a bug or something a while ago which is why I haven't O'd and it's just taking this long to affect me in a way I can see/feel.

OH! I do have a bit of good news to share, as well. For the last several months, my index finger on my left hand and my pinky on my right hand have been hurting. Specifically, they are stiff and ache if I move them. Some days are better than others, so I was thinking arthritis. My mother/aunt/grandmother had it, so I figured this must be it. I had x-rays done and those turned out normal, but my doctor was thinking it might be rheumatoid arthritis. This won't show on x-rays until a year or more of having the disease, so that can't be ruled out. Because of the symptoms and the research I did online, I convinced this is what it was. And, if so, that would mean no more TTC as the drugs to help stop the joint damage (so I can continue to use my fingers later in my life) are contraindicated to being PG. This means that if I did have RA, I couldn't be PG and take the drugs. So, a blood test was done and it turns out it is NOT RA.

Now, I'm going to see an orthopedic hand surgeon to find out why they're hurting and if it might happen to other fingers in the future, and more importantly, if it's something that can be fixed.

Well, that's enough rambling for now, I suppose. I'll go back to trying to catch up to what went on while I was away...

September 13th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about you not O'ing this cycle so far...it does sound like you've had a lot going on so maybe that has affected it a bit..i hope you body sorts itself out soon and decides what its doing!

Yay for getting a new car...i got a replacement after my car was written off last october but i havent (and didnt) love it - i just needed a car for work. I'm pleased you and DH love it so much...and I think sunroofs are great! lol!

Thats great news that you dont have RA, I was diagnosed with juvenille idiopathic arthritis when i was a teenager and some of the drugs i had to take for that were pretty toxic and the doc's were always so explicit about me not getting pregnant (even then). I was actually worried when we first started TTC but doc reassured me it wouldnt be an issue now. With regards to it showing on x-rays, it wouldnt show until there was some damage to the joint itself - which is why it takes time. Have you got an appt date with the orthopaedic doctor? I hope they're able to help with your hand. Do you find that heat or ice pads help with the pain/stiffness?

Anyway...hope your having a good day

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

September 16th, 2012, 08:26 PM
What kind of car do you have, Jen? I know there are different models depending on country, but I'm just curious.

Yes, I knew that it would take some time for the damage to show on x-ray, which is still making me think it might be arthritis, but maybe a different form. It it had been RA it would have shown in a blood test, which was negative. In addition, the test for lupus also came back negative. I don't have an appointment with the ortho hand surgeon yet as my doctor has to orchestrate a referral. I am hoping to have something done by the next couple of days, however.

So, on to other topics...

CD 32, Cycle #3

Even though I'm still not post-ovulation, I believe the today was the day. I'm SO axious to find out what my temp will be tomorrow morning. I got a positive OPK this morning and I've been taking them every 4 hours. I also had what I believe to be O pains about an hour after DH and I BDed. If that is what it was, I'm not sure that any better timing could be had. I'm SO glad I O'd over the weekend. Of course, this all depends on what my temp is tomorrow morning.

Anyway, since I tend to over-analyze things, my mind has been in hyperdrive trying to figure out why I waited so long to O. I think there may be a combination of several things: dehydration (reason for my diarrhea and headache recently), stress of finding another car (which took a couple weeks), and the stress of the possible RA dx. We shall see next month if I O more around CD 15 like I did the first cycle TTC.

I am NOT looking forward to tomorrow. I have a meeting scheduled with several people, one of whom is my former supervisor. I dislike this man more than any other person I've EVER worked with. There's a lot of history as to why, but suffice to say that I feel VERY uncomfortable around him (no sexual harassment or anything, it was basically just a lack of respect for me). As an example, he wouldn't call me "Christi" because "Christina" is my given name. A**hole. Anyway, I have a meeting with him tomorrow and I have made it a point not to step foot in his building the last year and a half that I've been gone (I switched departments and while I work for the same employer, it in a different area where I don't normally have to deal with this guy). So, I'm not feeling really good about tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll have to talk during the meeting as there will be others who are more authoritative, but who knows.

Other than that, I know why my DH likes his new car. I got to drive it yesterday and it's FUN! It has a lot more pep than my Pilot, but of course it's a sedan and not an SUV.

Well, it's almost time for bed now. Boo hoo. Weekends never last as long as they should, I suppose. I hope everyone had a good one!

-Christi

September 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Good temp jump Christi! I hope that tomorrow's temp is even higher!

I hope that your meeting goes well today! GL!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

September 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM
CD 34, 2 DPO, Cycle #3

So, FF and I are having our first disagreement. It thinks I probably O'd on CD 31, but I don't think it was until CD 32 based on OPKs. I could force the CHs to change, but in the end, what do I know? Maybe FF is right and my body just didn't all line up like it should (as far as O signs). So, I won't change it, but I'll assume that CD 32 was the day.

I suppose I could look at my OPKs for Saturday again (I kept them) and see if I think they could have been positive, but I really don't think so or I would have thought that the first time when they were wet.

I'm still not sure why I O'd so late this cycle. Based on the length of my LP, I'm going to have a 50ish-day cycle and that sucks. But, whatever. Maybe next cycle can be a little more "normal," whatever that means. I'm not sure if I'm going to chart next cycle or just NTNP... We'll see how I feel about it in the next couple of weeks, I guess. I'm still thinking that PCOS is a possibility. I may call my OB/GYN today and see if there's anything esle we can do now to test and find out.

I have told DH that I want him to get an SA and he seems receptive to the idea. I hope he calls and makes an appointment soon, or I'll have to just convince him more, I suppose.

Anyway, today is going to be a relatively easy day compared to yesterday. I don't have any meetings (unless they are scheduled late) and I'm not working out tonight, although I'll be doing some Wii aerobics after I get home. DH and I rode into work/school together so I don't even have to worry about the stress that comes from riding the bus.

There's a fitness club in Tucson that's offering 3 free sessions of "Boot Camp." I've heard others here talk about it, and I think I might be interested to try it out. Anyone here know what it is?

Well, time to go back to work, I suppose. Happy Tuesday, everyone!

-Christi

September 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
Right now your cross-hairs are dotted and that means FF isn't sure about the date either. FF will probably change your O date after you enter a couple more high temps. You could enter some pretend temps for the next couple days just to see if they change.

September 19th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Melissa - You were so right! I put in today's temp and voila! CD 32 is is!

CD 35, 3 DPO, Cycle #3

Just a quick update for now as I have a meeting in 15 minutes...

I just wanted to update everyone on the the disagreement I had with FF. We have resolved our differences, meaning FF has bent to my will. This morning's temp convinced it (correctly) that I O'd on CD 32, not 31. In the scheme of things it probably won't make one whit of difference, but who knows, right?

In other (quick) news, I'm going to participate in a "boot camp" session tomorrow that's put on by one fo the local gyms here. Several gals from work attend and like it, although they are in MUCH better physical shape than I. We'll see if I can survive an hour of it and if I (miracle of all miracles) want to do it again. I'm looking for something that will help kick me in the butt to start losing weight faster. I've been on WW since March and I've lost roughly 13 pounds, but I yo-yo a lot and I'd like to lose things faster. I know I have to change my eating habits a bit more, but I also need to be doing more physically. I do circuit training 2x week, Zumba 1x week, and I hope to add this boot camp 1x or 2x a week, as well. We'll see.

Anyway, off to my meeting. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

-Christi

September 26th, 2012, 06:37 AM
CD 42, 10 DPO, Cycle #3

This is the second time I've finished a posting, forgot to post it, and when I came back to post it, it didn't work.

So, nothing much to report as I'm in the 2WW now. I figure I'll test tomorrow morning as I work from home on Thursday and it's just more convenient to do that. I don't really have very high hopes, but whatever. I'll test every day until the shows, which I'm assuming will be right about Sunday-ish.

I'm trying not to be worried that this is the 3rd cycle I've charted/temped, and it's the 2nd cycle that I've ovulated REALLY late. The first cycle, I O'ed on CD 15. The second one we were travelling and I got a cold, so I didn't O until CD 28. Now this month, I didn't O until CD 32. I'm hoping the reason for that is that I was under a lot of stress while trying to find DH another car. So, here's hoping that this next cycle will be a bit more "normal."

I can't remember all that I had written in my first version of this post, but now that I'm thinking about it, I really don't feel like writing much. So, I'll save the rest for later, I suppose.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

-Christi

September 26th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get your BFP this cycle

How did you get on at the bootcamp?

You asked before about my car - I drive a citroen C3, its red and has 5 doors. Not sure if its a model you guys would have?
wastcougr likes this.

September 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hi Jen!

Thanks! I hope so, too, but I'm a realist. :\

I was SORE for a couple of days afterward, but immediately afterward I felt GREAT, as expected. It's something I can do without the instructor, I believe, as it's expensive. But we'll see.

No, we don't have that model, or even that manufacturer, over here. Unless that name "Citroen" is under a different name in the US.

-Christi

September 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM
CD 44, 12 DPO, Cycle #3

So, cycle-wise, the most interesting thing of note is the temperature dip yesterday. I figured for SURE it would continue its fall until Saturday or maybe Sunday when the would show. To my surprise, however, the temp was back up. And overall, my temps have been EXTREMELY steady this cycle after ovulation. This is also different than the other two cycles. And, I was looking through FF charts last night, and there are a LOT of charts that look similar to mine, with an implantation dip as late as 11 DPO.

So that's the good news.

The bad news is that I've taken 3 HPTs thus far (one with FMU yesterday, one in the afternoon yesterday, and one with FMU today) and I believe all of them have been But I'm not 100% sure. I realized this morning after I'd left for work that I do have an FRER at home, so I'll use one after I get home tonight and see what that says. The three previous tests were ICs. And, I'm not sure if I was seeing things on the one this morning, or if there was SOMETHING there. I highly doubt it as I really don't have any symptoms that couldn't be attributed to AF. Something does feel different, though. I'm just not sure if that is truly the case or if I'm imagining it because I want it to be so badly.

So, I guess more on that later. I have NO idea how to take pics of these tests so that they aren't completely blurry, or I would post them. Anyone have any advice?

In other news, I talked to a gal on one of the adoption boards here at JM and she told me of an agency that she's used twice now and has had really good luck. I've sent in an application as I'm tired of waiting for foster care, even though we'd prefer that route if for no other reason than $. I know that private adoption is expensive, but I'm thinking about the timeline now and how I'm turning 39 in two months. It's time to get serious about this or forget it. I had a conversation with my parents last night letting them know what we're thinking as the money would need to come from my possible inheritance. I'm not sure they were all that thrilled with the possibility, but we'll see what happens there, if anything.

Other than that, not much else to report. We've got a relatively laid back weekend coming up, and Virginia will be with her mom all of next week. I guess miracles never cease to happen.

I'm hoping for one for me right about now, as well. And others for all of you.

Have a great weekend,
Christi

September 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Ohhh! fingers crossed for an implantation dip!!!! Mine dipped on cd 11 during my chemical, then went back up, and I got my first bfp the next day!
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew&Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel&Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d, Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d, Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d, Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Me: Hashi's, PCOS, Insulin resistant
175mcg Synthyroid, 1500mg Metformin
Colposcopy = CIN1+CIN2 cells Polypectomy - August 21st
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motillity
Seeing MFI specialist/RE in 2015. Vitamins started August 2nd
Trying a few cycles of clomid and progesterone. FX this is all it takes.
September 30th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you temped this morning? the last two days temps were looking pretty good, FX for a implantation dip on CD11

I hope virginia does get to spend some time with her mum next week, from what youve said before it sounds like she deserves some quality time!

Also great news about the potential link with a private adoption agency, i hope you get some contact back from someone, KUP x

October 1st, 2012, 07:59 AM
CD 47, 15 DPO, Cycle #3

I have so many things to write about here, and unfortunately, none of them are looking real positive at the moment. I'll start with the most obvious negative, and that is the PLUMMETING temp drop this morning. I halfway expected it, of course, since all of the HPTs were negative, but still... Seeing it in front of your face makes it all the more real. So, the should be here later today or tomorrow I'm guessing. Yay.

Knowing that was coming, I've been spending the last week or so researching private adoption. This is the second time I had done this, but the first time was before I had illusions of grandeur that foster care wouldn't take this long to help us get our baby girl. It's been almost a year that they've been looking for us, and not even a HINT of a possibility. We've only provided respite care to three kiddos: one was a boy and was being adopted by the foster mom, one was a girl and was PERFECT for us, but her loser of a mother is likely to get her back by the end of the year, and the third one was too old for us.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed having each of them in our home IMMENSELY. I'm just tired of having to give them back, especially when I could provide a better home for them. It just makes me crazy sad.

Anyway, because of the time consideration (I turn 39 in two months), I was investigating private adoption. I know that even that option can take time, but it could ALSO take a lot less time than foster care, especially since we want an infant. The only problem, of course, is the cost. I thought I had an answer to that, but it turns out that wasn't the case.

So, last night I had an emotional breakdown, wondering if this is even a good idea at all, and maybe we should just stop and get on with our lives. DH doesn't know what to think because he's already got a daughter and having another one wasn't exactly a priority on his list. He was going along with it, I think, because he knew I wanted it, and he loves me. But would he be unhappy if we stopped? I don't think so.

We do have an RV we could sell to help raise the money for private adoption, but it's an older model and it's not running at the moment. We would have to spend some money getting it running, and move it from its current location, THEN try to sell it. We bought it two years ago and haven't driven it much, but I'm still thinking we coudn't get more than $15k for it. And of course, this doesn't even take into account the fact that I think DH would rather cut off his right arm than get rid of that RV. And because he's not committed to our "cause" like I am, I doubt he would even consider that.

My parents can't/won't help us, and they're the only family that would even be in a position to help AT ALL between the two families. So I guess I don't know what to do now... Anything? Nothing? Forget about this?

What's highly ironic is that as of Saturday, the nursery is 90% done. Of course.

-Christi

Last edited by wastcougr; October 1st, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
October 1st, 2012, 01:00 PM
CORRECTION

Today is actually...

CD 1, Cycle #4

AF showed about an hour ago. I've got cramps, as well, so I can expect them to get significantly worse over the next couple of hours. Tonight at Zumba should be fun... NOT.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search