Christi's TTC #1 Adventure

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
wastcougr's Avatar TTCMA as of July 2014
The Beginning!

CD 20, 5 DPO

Well, after stalking several other journals (Karin - I am SO over-the-moon for you and Patrick!), I decided to create my own. Mainly, I'm looking for a way to pass the time as the days go by, and to draw some emotional support - not only by putting my thoughts on "paper," but moreso to connect with others in my same situation (or similar). Isn't that why we're all here?

So, a little background about me first...

I'm 38 (39 in December), and my husband, Hank, is 42. He has a 12-year-old daughter from his first marriage whom I love dearly, of course. We've been married for roughly 18 months, and this is my first marriage. I had never seriously thought about having my own children before now, largely for two reasons: 1) I'm a type 1 diabetic, and 2) my irregular cycles probably meant it was a near impossibility. Also, I had never been in a relationship that was conducive to raising children until now. And, like many women I suppose, I felt that there was always time for children when I got older.

Well, as of the last several weeks, I realized that I WAS older and now was the time, if I was ever going to try.

Several months ago, my husband and I had been talking about the child possibility, but from a completely different standpoint: foster care, with the intent to adopt. We are now licensed foster parents through the state of Arizona, and I am committed to provide that need for as long as we are able, but I have also decided to try and conceive one naturally in the meantime. Besides, our preferences for a child (to be matched to us) is quite specific and infrequently found, so TTC would give us some distraction while those wheels were turning.

Additionally, on June 19 of 2011, I lost my big sister, and my best friend. She was 42. I miss her terribly every single day, and I realized that I wanted my step-daughter to have a sister - to have that same connection that I did with mine. That is really where this adventure began, with the realization that not only did I want my own child, but it's important for my step-daughter to have the support that she would get from having a sister.

I have been a type 1 diabetic since the age of 13 and for many of the years since then, I have not been diligent about taking care of my diabetes. I don't have any significant complications, but I knew that it would make conceiving/carrying/delivering somewhat problematic. I have also never had a regularly timed cycle, so I knew that might be a significant roadblock to conception. As if I didn't need anything else to hinder this process, I've also been overweight since childhood. And yet, the weekend of June 2/3 of this year, I decided we were going to TTC.

I have a wonderful endocrinologist, and I called her office to make an appointment on June 4. She could see me the very next day. Incidentally, AF came to visit the same day, June 4, so at least I had something to say when asked when my last period started. I also tried to get in to see my OB/GYN, but she didn't have any appointments. They would call me if there was a cancellation, however, so I agreed to take that option.

The next day I saw my endo, and she practically led a cheering squad for me. She was SO encouraging, that she gave me the name of a perinatologist, gave all sorts of pointers (like using OPKs and charting), and allowed me to come off all of my other medication (except for insulin, of course). Mainly, the reason she was allowing me to do that is because I was finally taking control of my health - I had joined Weight Watchers and had started losing weight, my A1C was 6.5 (ask any diabetic - that number is GREAT), and my blood pressure was normal even without medication. I left that visit with renewed hope.

As it turned out, I was able to see my OB/GYN on Thursday, CD4. After explaining to her what I wanted, she was much more reserved, of course, but just wanted me to know the facts and to be prepared for WHEN there were issues (not if) if I got pregnant. She wants us to see the perinatologist as well, for pre-conception counseling. We talked about some of the "what-ifs" but kept reiterating that if I wanted to do this, now was definitely the time and not to wait any longer. We agreed we would give it 6 months, and then see where we were at that point, if conception/implantation hadn't yet occurred. I asked if there was any "fertility test" you could take to see if this was even a possibility, and she told me about the FSH test, but I was a day late for that. I will have it done on day 3 of my next cycle, provided I am not pregnant during this cycle.

So, I started charting, expecting my cycles to last 40 days or so. Imagine my surprise when I ovulated on day 15! Because I wasn't expecting to ovulate then, DH and I hadn't BD'd very much, but luckily we had on day 13, and then of course, on day 15 after I realized what was happening. It was weird to recognize the signs after not knowing anything about my cycles for so long because of years of BC use (I came off of them in January/February, and this was my first since that time). I confirmed the O with a CBD OPK test during the evening of CD15.

I am now in the 2WW, and hating the waiting! What I find very ironic about the timing of this is that I O'd on June 18th...the day before the one-year anniversary of my sister's passing. I told my DH that if I did conceive this cycle (don't think so because temps aren't looking real encouraging), I'm sure it's my sister's way of putting a positive spin on this time of the year for our family. I can imagine her thinking, "Ok, they don't like June 19th much now, but I'll give them a reason to like it a little better." Of course, I wish she was here with me to experience this adventure with us. I guess instead, I'll be glad for everyone else to be on this adventure with us, even if it is through the use of the Internet.

While I've got your attention, how does one see signatures? Also, how do you see charts? I've seen people comment about "take a look at my chart" and I don't see any link or ANYTHING that would allow us to do that... What am I missing?

Sorry for the long post, but thank you for reading and "listening."

-Christi
June 24th, 2012, 02:59 PM
CD 21, 6 DPO

I guess I'll try not to take the fact there are no replies to my journal personally, yet. Perhaps there are lurkers out there reading but not commenting yet...

And, I found out how to do the signatures, and I think I found out how to look at charts of others, but I still haven't figured out how to get and post the links. I guess that's next.

Anywho, this weekend has been pretty lazy thus far. DH and I ran around yesterday and did some much-needed errands (like finding HPTs at Dollar Tree). Virginia's mom picked her up yesterday at roughly 10am and just called and said she's bringing her back now... Apparently, she can't have Virginia for more than 24 hours at a time, I guess, even though she's her daughter. I'll never understand that. DH doesn't ever say anything, either. Sometimes I wish he would say more to her about how she's short-changing her daughter on time she spends with her. But what do I know? I'm just the (evil) step-mother...

I'll spare everyone the nasty details when it comes to the ex-wife... I guess it will suffice to say that I'm NOT friends with her, nor will I ever be; I only try and be civil to her because I know Virginia would suffer if we were otherwise. But still, sometimes I just want to punch her in the mouth and say, "Don't you understand what you're saying/doing to her by NOT spending any quality time with her?!" It makes me mad...

Cycle-wise, my temp was WAY up this morning. I'm not sure how to include the link to my FF chart, but I'll figure it out shortly, for those that are actually reading this and are curious. I've only been charting since June 4, but this is the highest it has ever been. It took a dive the last two days, and I was hoping that maybe it was an implantation dip, but I don't think that would have happened this early. Once again, only time will tell. That is one of the most annoying things about this whole process - waiting. And I know that it won't let up, even if I do get a BFP. Funny, I'd be OK with it then, I think.

As for any symptoms of anything, I'm not sure. I've been especially tired today, but it's probably just dreading this coming week at work. I've been super hungry, as well, but that could be AF-related. No other pain, or anything else at the moment. And, even though I got the HPTs yesterday, I'm not even remotely tempted to use them yet. So, once again, we wait.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow; it's going to be uber-busy. I've got several meetings tomorrow, then I go to Zumba, then I go to my Weight Watchers meeting. I won't get home until 7:30, and that's after I leave the house at 6:00am to catch the bus into Tucson. I normally do this schedule each Monday (the Zumba class and the WW meeting), but I usually don't have back-to-back meetings to go with all of that. It just means I will get pretty much NOTHING done tomorrow while I'm at work. Yay me.

Oh well, I guess I'll go back to stalking other people's journals for a while now...

-Christi

Here's my FF chart (see if this works):

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wastcougr; June 24th, 2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Adding chart info
June 24th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
Hi there Christi! I'm not usually one to do much posting but since things are kind of slow right now I can at least answer some of your questions.

Seeing signatures and adding a chart to yours are not working for you yet because they have a minimum post count requirement. I'm not sure exactly how many but it seems like it was 10-15 before you get access to those features.

Also, things are typically pretty slow on weekends for the TTC #1 area of the boards at least. You could probably get a lot more responses to your questions if you posted on the main TTC #1 forum because a lot of the ladies just don't visit the journals at all. But if you prefer to stay in the journals area then that's fine too, the other journal-keeping ladies will find yours soon enough.

Oh and we are just about cycle buddies, I am 7 DPO today. Your chart is looking good and I agree that you ovulated on CD 15. Your temps are a bit erratic in general and look like mine did before I stopped temping orally. If you happen to breathe through your mouth at night that might be why. Goodluck and I hope things happen quickly for you!

June 24th, 2012, 04:57 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Hi! Im here, just that I try and avoid my computer on weekends! Rest assured that you will get a proper reply from me tomorrow!

xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 24th, 2012, 06:49 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
and I'm Dawn on of the co-hosts. It is usually quieter around here on the weekends. People tend to post more during the week so I'm sure you will get more responses then . Also, feel free to introduce yourself on the main board and jump in on any posts you would like.

Sounds like you are definitley on the right track by charting and seeing your doctor. I hope you don't have difficultly. I don't really have much advice to add but there are medicines and supplements made avaiable to help regulate your cycle if necessary.

Your temp looks great today, I hope it stays up! It's normal for some people to have a dip in temp a few days after O but of there is always a possibility of an implanation temp dip.

Good luck and I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Forever missing my angel 2010

Last edited by blueeyes25s; June 24th, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
June 25th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Melissa - Thanks for the being the first reply! I didn't realize that people don't typically respond on the weekends, but that makes sense. And yes, we are almost cycle buddies! I hope good things for you, as well. I did figure out how to attach the chart, and I did find some information on creating the signatures (or asking others to do so), and I'll get more into that a bit later. I'm just now trying to figure out how to do other things and get used to charting, so we'll take things a bit slowly for a while.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on breathing through my mouth. I do believe I do that, although I'm not sure, and if I do, how often that happens. The idea of temping vaginally doesn't thrill me, either, however. So I'll continue to do it orally for a bit and see how it affects things, in general, then make a decision at that point. Perhaps.

Karin - I didn't realize people were quiet on the weekends, but thanks for the quick post. I spent the time to read all 60 pages of your journal and I'm just so thrilled for you. I've already started reading your journal in the DDC forum, so I expect to keep tabs on you that way. :-) Also, your story about what Patrick said about Molly's timing was something that I had thought about before you said it because I believe I had the same thing happen to me. My cat, Jasmine, was 17 when she died on April 26, 2011 (about two months before my sister). I told my DH at the time that I believed she held on until she knew I was happy - DH and I got married on 12/12/10, we moved into our home two months prior, I would be done with my Masters in just another few weeks, so I told him that she was content I was OK, so she figured she could rest now. I'd had her since she was 10 months old, and she went through so much with me over the years - moves, boyfriends, family issues, school, jobs, financial difficulties, etc. etc. etc. Your story about Molly made me cry buckets, needless to say. I'll have to get a photosharing site going so I can post pictures of her and my other furbabies.

Dawn - Thanks for the information. I have already posted to the forum, I believe (it may have been the one for older members, I can't recall). Now that I'm charting, I can see if there are any issues with irregularity on the cycles, but I've started losing weight, working out regularly, and taking great care of the blood sugars. So even just those things should help even things out, I'm hoping. My mom could never understand why I always had irregular cycles as you could set your watch to hers, I guess. My sister's were never regular, but she had PCOS and never really tried to get pg. She wasn't the nurturing type, however, and children for her probably wouldn't have been such a great idea.

Thanks again to everyone for the responses and encouragement. I hope our collective stays are short and sweet! (We all know Karin has already escaped.)
June 25th, 2012, 08:52 AM
CD 22, 7 DPO

This will be a quick update as I'm currently at work and I'm preparing for my first meeting, but by the time I get home tonight I'll be too tired to move, let alone type.

Cycle-wise (stealing that term from Karin) I'm feeling a little fatigued today. My back, especially, isn't happy with me, I guess. It's just aches, all over. Not fun. I also think there's some crampiness going on "down there" although I can't tell yet if it's normal AF-type cramping or something else... I have NO energy today; it was all I could do to convince myself to get up this morning and come to work, especially given the schedule I have today. I was so close to sending an e-mail saying I would work from home today. But, I got my butt in gear and made it in. The appetite has been a stark difference from yesterday, as well. I was convinced that I was starving all day, and now today I don't really care one way or another. Weird. I am notoriously bad at drinking water, so I better get a start on that, too.

Ok, a little more stalking before meetings today...
June 25th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi hi hi hi

I'm Michelle and one of the chat cohosts here at TTC #1
Like the others, I tend not to be online much on the weekends since that's when I get all my housework/etc done.

Now that you're charting, you'll find out SO much more about your cycles than you ever thought you wanted to know And if you have any questions, definitely feel free to ask

I'm a PCOS'er so I know all about long and irregular cycles, so I can understand how you feel. I always felt funny going into the GP and they ask when your last period was and they'd look at me funny when I'd tell them it was 3 months before...

Welcome to journalling!
WTTC #2
June 25th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Hi again! Formally welcoming you to our little corner of the world! Again, sorry I didn't hop on this weekend...sometimes I do, but I often try not to. DH works so much, that weekends are our only time together...and I spend all week at my computer in my office, it's nice to have a break!

Anyhow, just wanted to formally welcome you, and say hi. I'm flattered that you've read my entire journal! I wouldn't even know what I used to post about back then! Hope it was somewhat entertaining!

This is a wonderful group of ladies, and i'm sure you can tell by my journal, I love it here. While yes, I am in fact not currently TTC, I am finding it really hard to leave!

I'm glad to see you are charting/temping. That's often my first piece of advice for newcomers. Now, how to get it into your signature. I thought the requirement was only 10 posts, but maybe that's changed?

In Fertility Friend, go to the link at the top of the page that says "Sharing". Select "Graphical Tickers". You should be able to customize a ticker there, then add it to your signature under the "User CP" selection on JM at the top (then select Edit Signature). Let me know if you can get that to work!

Have you also found the Siggy's R Us Board? That's where many people request signatures to be made for us. A lot of people make their own too...just personal preference! I always have the best intentions of trying to learn how to make half decent ones for myself, but I never seem to get around to it, and I love my siggy maker...she's made almost all of mine.

Again, welcome to the boards. Feel free to jump in on the main boards at any time! We are a wonderful group of ladies, and love new members!

xx

June 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Michelle - Thanks for the welcome, and the invitation to ask questions. There are a few I'd like to ask, but I'll do that in the main TTC#1 forum so others can see them more readily. I've never been dx with PCOS, but my sister had it, so it's certainly a possibility. I'm hoping that as I lose weight/regularly exercise/keep my BG in check that things will become more regular. We'll just have to see, I suppose.

Karin - Your journal was entertaining, even all the way back then! It really provides a great account of all of the troubles and struggles you and your DH have been through to conceive your "Scooter." And, the most recently posts certainly create hope for those that still struggling. Thank you for the help with FF and getting my chart posted - you were absolutely correct and it works now. YAY! I still need to figure out how to post pictures, but I'll tackle that this weekend, most likely. I was so excited when I O'd on CD15 that I took a picture of CBD OPK. It's a little late to post it now, but I'll use it to test the posting function.

Anywho, I'll do another posting update for today shortly, since I'm SURE everyone is waiting on pins-and-needles for it.

Thanks again for the thoughtful replies,
Christi
June 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
CD 23, 8 DPO

Cycle-wise, I'm just tired of waiting. My temps are still pretty good, and I'm not seeing/feeling any signs of yet. Typically, the only symptom of her that I normally get is cramps, and that's usually on CD 1. The fatigue that I was experiencing yesterday is gone now, and in its place I have a mild case of, er... diarrhea. Yay me. But, I think that may be more dehydration-related than anything else. We'll see. The same thing happened the day I O'd, and for a couple of days afterward, so we'll just have to take a "wait-and-see" approach (as with EVERYTHING else).

As for testing, I still don't feel a real need to do that yet, even though I could. I think for me, as others have mentioned here, seeing a is just too disheartening. And, I'd like to be reasonably sure beforehand. When I took the CBD OPK on CD 15, I was 100% sure it would give me the , and it did. So, once again, I wait. And who knows, maybe I'll be ing a different tune in the next few days.

In other news, work is getting busier now... But that's OK. It keeps me out of trouble (mostly) and makes the time during the day go back more quickly. I'm just tired of everyone making all these requests and they all want them NOW (or sooner, if possible).

I did have a nice lunch meeting today with our local representative from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I'm helping to plan an adults (and maybe kids, we'll see) camping weekend where people can come together and share their experiences living with T1 diabetes. I'm really looking forward to that as I didn't have many opportunities to learn from others the past 25 years. No one in my family has T1, and I also haven't historically gone looking for support groups and such. So, this will be good, I believe, for me and DH to get to know how others live with the disease. And maybe I have something to offer others, as well.

Anyway, not much planned for tonight as far as I know. I'm actually hoping for a quiet evening at home so I can catch up on some reading and maybe (gasp!) some house cleaning/organizing. DH is retired Air Force, going to the University of Arizona to finish up his Bachelors, and since he's on summer break now, he's playing the role of house cleaner. Lucky me! Oh, and did I mention that he loves to cook and is GOOD at it, as well?! Yeah, I know how lucky I am.

Well, I suppose that's enough for one posting. I have some questions regarding fertility testing, etc. so I'll go post those in the normal TTC#1 board, and I'll look at the TTCMA board, as well, first.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!
-Christi
June 26th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Hey hey! There are plenty of folk here who have been around a long time, and many of us had have all sort of fertility testing done, so feel free to post your questions here as well. Not sure how the TTC #1 board is these days, but in the past, it's been a lot of "in and out" ladies...nothing bad, just not as many long timers....BUT, it's been a while since I've frequented that board, so it may be very different now. TTCMA is a great board also...LOADS of good advice to be had there!
xx

June 27th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Just a quick note for now... I'll post more later when the day winds down a bit work-wise...

I just made an appointment with a perinatologist for pre-conception counseling!! I'm sure I won't like how many bad things could happen if I do get pregnant, but these are the types of things we need to know going in so that we're prepared. When I was talking to the scheduler, she asked if I was already pregnant... <sigh>. I hope so, but it's doubtful, at best. NO signs/symptoms of AF yet, but what are the odds? Not good, that's all I know.

But, I'm just excited to be doing SOMETHING, even if it's information we'll never need to use.

The next step is waiting until CD 3 and getting my FSH tested, unless the perinatologist has other test she wants us to do, as well.

Do any of you know of any other tests I might consider having done considering the possibility of fertility issues?

Thanks,
Christi
June 27th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I also see a peri, and obviously, right now, my RE. My RE ordered all of my tests....I have had HSG, SHG, AMH (a different way of looking at FSH), and a TON of other blood work...one for cystic fibrosis, and I couldn't even begin to tell you the other stuff they tested for...I'm pretty sure mostly genetic stuff. The big things they test you for when looking at your fertility are:

AMH or FSH (egg quality)
HSG (are your tubes open or blocked)
SHG (how do your ovaries and uterus look)
Progesterone (to check for ovulation)
E2 (sometimes to check for ovulation)
SA (semen analysis for DH)

I'm sure I had more than this done, but honestly, it was so overwhelming, I don't remember all of it. I just know that of everything I had tested, the only problem was with my AMH. Everything else was ok, so it didn't stick out in my head.

If you are seeing a peri who is already testing you on CD 3, she will likely follow suit with the other appropriate tests...HSG/SA are the biggies, in my opinion.

xx

June 27th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Karin - THANK YOU for that lovely list and brief explanations. I'm compiling a list of questions to ask her and even though I know she's not an RE or other type of fertility expert, I'm assuming she can, in fact, get the blood work ordered. And, if I DO beat the odds and actually get pregnant, I can't even imagine all of the genetic testing that will then need to happen. I'm exhausted just thinking about it, but of course, I would like NOTHING better than to have that problem!

Did you see a peri before knowing you were pregnant? If so, any questions you think I should ask, knowing what you know now?

Thanks again,
Christi
June 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Well, sort of. I actually "was" pregnant when I first saw my peri. I called to make an appt b/c I got a +HPT. However, when I went to my appt, they didn't find the hb. So, technically, i was pg, but well, ya. So, we honestly didn't really talk about too much other than the situation at hand. She did say, however, at my follow up appt, that we should give it a bit longer, then seek fertility treatment, given how long we'd been at it and such.

I guess the only things I would think to ask are any special considerations given your diabetes, age, and the combination of those. If they do test AMH you might consider asking them to check that (vs FSH). They are different tests that measure basically the same thing. The biggest difference is that FSH can change from cycle to cycle, and AMH is the same no matter what cycle, and no matter what CD you are on. More accurate, in my opinion, especially when dealing with potential egg quality issues due to AMA (not saying you have issues, but it is a consideration).

Other than that, I would just see what your doc recommends for you!
x

June 27th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Christi, I'm Jen (25), sorry for not posting before - as everyone has said things are pretty quiet here on a weekend and I have been away for work this week so just been checking in on my phone which is a pain to post properly from!

Its great to hear your story so far and I think its fab that you've made an appointment to discuss things at this stage and get some bloodwork done etc.

Your charting seems to be working well considering you just started, it took me a few months to get into properly and even now its not my best talent as im a rubbish sleeper and getting the four hours your meant to have before temping can be a challenge!

I definately agree with Karin about asking questions about the fertility testing on the main board here, there are alot of ladies about who, at one time or another, have been very pin cushion like or have been probed and poked in the quest for #1!

I hope your stay here is short and sweet but in the mean time I look forward to getting to know you better!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 27th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Karin - Thanks again for your wonderful insight. I've seen "AMA" a few times before in other posts, and I can't find it in any abbreviations lists. I think "American Medical Association" first, but that can't be right. So then I just came up with "Advanced Maternal Age" or some variation thereof. What's the real definition? Thanks for the recommendation on tests, as well. I'm wondering at what point my insurance will cut me off at the knees, so-to-speak, but since this is all trying to dx infertility, not treat it, I'm hoping they'll at least cover the initial b/w. We'll see, maybe.

Jen - No need to be sorry! I'm just glad to have your input! Thanks for the feedback on the charting. I got TCOYF, even before I knew it was the popular choice around here (thank you, Amazon, for a great suggestion!) and I've pretty much read everything except for the chapter/info on contraception. I like it, too, and I'm hoping that my cycles can resemble some of the pretty ones in that book.

I think I'll find out what the perinatologist tells us on Friday before asking my questions of the board, but I will be doing some research for already-asked questions I may have. And, I'm compiling a list of questions to ask the dr. I'm excited, but I'm nervous, too... I just hope that we're not in for more than we bargained for, even though I'm VERY aware of the dangers. My problem, mostly, is that I don't know what I don't know.

Thank you, ladies for your support and inspiration, and I do hope my stay here is short and sweet, as I hope for others, as well.

Christi
June 27th, 2012, 08:32 PM
CD 24, 9 DPO

Today was a busy day, but many of them will be that way into the near future. I've got a HUGE project at work that I'm working on (in conjunction with many others) that will affect a fair amount of people when implemented, so we're in the testing stages of that now. The project is so large, in fact, that it will be phased in to standard operating procedure in three phases, or roll-outs, spread over 3 months. And, even though this is going on, of course this isn't the only thing I'm working on, either. :-\ So, needless to say, these next few months will keep me busy. But I LOVE the work, I LOVE the people I work with, and this project is going to make MANY people's life easier here. So there is that.

I'm working from home tomorrow (every Thursday) as I can do my job from anywhere, at any time. that! Although with DH and DSD (Darling Step-Daughter) at home because of summer break, it's a crapshoot whether I get anything significant done. But, at least I don't have to spend the gas to drive in to work (almost 30 miles each way).

The weight loss and working out are continuing, although the weight loss is EXCRUCIATINGLY slow. But, it has been steady, and I know Rome wasn't built in the proverbial day. So, I'm trying to be patient... Oh look, something ELSE that I'm waiting for... But, in the meantime, my BG readings are GREAT and I feel so much better. I actually had a co-worker pass me in the hall this afternoon and comment on how great I looked. I told her she's my new best friend.

Cycle-wise, nothing much to report. No symptoms of AF/PG as of now. I've decided that if AF still is MIA this Saturday, then I will test. Crap, now that I've said it, out loud, AF will come tomorrow or Friday, guaranteed. Saturday, in the unlikely event that AF is STILL MIA, I'll use FMU to test. I've got one FRER and 5 Dollar Tree tests, so we'll see how that goes. I've figured out how to post pictures, so no matter what I think, I'll post them for you all to comment. The ONLY things that seem to be different than normal is that I had one day of fatigue, specifically located in my back, and I've had REALLY mild cramping over the last few days. I've never had either of those happen, so who knows... I know the chances are small, even on a good day, so I'm REALLY not getting my hopes up, but it's hard not having SOME, right?

Well, time for some real work before bed tonight. Tomorrow we're going to go to the local Air Force base and check out DH's medical benefits to see if fertility services are covered. If not, maybe we can get them to cover my RXs - the copays for insulin and my testing strips will be increasing and since I'm covered under TriCare, it would be nice for them to pay the copays. Again, we'll see.

Have a good night, everyone!

-Christi
June 27th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastcougr View Post
I've seen "AMA" a few times before in other posts, and I can't find it in any abbreviations lists. I think "American Medical Association" first, but that can't be right. So then I just came up with "Advanced Maternal Age" or some variation thereof. What's the real definition?
Yep, you guessed it, Advanced Maternal Age. Old. Though my doctor will argue with me anyday that I'm still a young chicken!

I hope your insurance covers at least your diagnostics. Our insurance covered ZIP for our infertility treatment, but covered a good portion of our diagnostic testing, including the HSG. I think I ended up paying about $40 for what I'm sure was a far more expensive test.

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search