Nicholle's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree586Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I had a really fun holiday this year! DH and I left for Philly on Thursday afternoon (12/20). Initially we were going to leave on Friday and drive all day, but we decided to leave on Thursday for 2 reasons; one to split up the trip (it takes about 9 hours + to drive to Philly from Dayton) and two because Dayton was getting snow Thursday night. We drove five hours to Somerset PA and spent the night there. We missed the snow in Dayton, but it was a little icy in Somerset Friday morning. Once you got passed Somerset, about 10 miles, the roads were fine. Friday morning we drove to Philly to spend time with DH's family.

Friday, when we arrived, we went out to lunch with DH's brother and parents. Then spent time with DH's grandmother--went shopping and went to dinner later that night. Of course, we went out to eat almost the entire trip, so I've gained so much weight!!! Friday night, DH's brother and sister-in-law threw a little party at their house and we got to hang out with some of their friends. We knew them as they were part of their bridal party at their wedding last year. We had a lot of fun that night.

Saturday morning we drove to NJ and took the train to NYC. We got to NYC in the early afternoon. We tried to check-in to our hotel, the Hilton Times Square, but the room was not available yet, so we checked our bags and met my friends for lunch. One of my best friends from Chicago was in town with her boyfriend, visiting family, as he is originally from Brooklyn. The six of us met up at this great bbq place in midtown. We then went to Bryant Park where they had this outdoor art festival with an outdoor bar. We had several drinks there and then went back to our hotel. My friend Rachael and her boyfriend had plans for the rest of the weekend, so that is the only time that we got to spend with them. When we got back to the hotel we completely passed out. With all of the traveling and walking, we were exhausted. After our naps, we went to Rockefellar Square and saw the tree and the ice skating rink. Took plenty of pics, you can definitely see them on facebook--pm me if we aren't friends yet on fb. Saturday evening the four of us--DH, his brother and SIL and myself--went to Zum Schneider for dinner and drinks. My husband's family is almost 100% German. I'm at least 25% and my SIL is close to 50%, so German food it is! We drank lots of yummy beer and all had pork shanks for dinner! We then went back to Times Square and did the touristy thing, going to all the shops and walking around. At the end of the night we decided to get NYC cart hot dogs and they were delicious! Though it was only a little after midnight, we were exhausted so we all went back to our hotels.

Sunday we had breakfast at our hotel and then met up with BIL and SIL to explore NYC. We went to Chinatown/canal street first. DH decided to buy a watch, cologne and a hat. I looked at the jewlery, but didn't purchase anything. We then had hot chocolate--it was freezing this past weekend--and then we went to the 9/11 memorial. DH and I haven't seen the completed memorial as we haven't been to NYC since 2007. The memorial was free, but you had to obtain tickets to get in. The memorial has tight security (think airport security), so it takes a little while to get in. The memorial was beautiful, but it was so sad seeing all of the names printed on the pools. I almost started crying when I saw a woman's name "....with her unborn child". Still makes me sad to think about it. But I'm so glad that I went and we truly can never forget! We then went to the Shake Shack for lunch and got great burgers (everyone but me also got some great shakes). After lunch we went to Central Park and walked around for a bit. Went back to our hotels and took another nap. Oh, first before the nap, we got cupcakes from crumbs--delicious! I got a Baba Booey cupcake (HS reference) which was a chocolate cupcake, half chocolate and peanut butter frosting and peanut butter filling. Yum!!! After the naps, we took a subway to Katz's Deli. We have eaten there before and loved it, but our BIL and SIL haven't, so we had to take them. I ordered the pastrami on rye and got a kinish as well. It was so good!!!! I tried to eat all of it, but couldn't! We then went to a bar in Times Square and talked and drank for awhile. It was another fun night!

Monday we checked out and took the train back to NJ. That afternoon we just hung out, then went to dinner with DH's parents. After dinner, we stayed in and watched funny Christmas movies/shows. We watched It's always sunny's Christmas special and Bad Santa. Both so funny!

Tuesday, BIL and SIL made brunch for us and SIL's parents. It was so good! She even made vanilla/cinnamon/banana pancakes from scratch!!! We then went to DH's parents house for Christmas. We opened gifts, spent time with the family and had a wonderful yummy Thanksgiving type dinner. Oh, so DH's sister is complete drama, so the four of us played a drinking game every time she or other people said certain words. Yeah, we totally got drunk on Christmas! It was that kind of holiday! We got back to BIL and SIL's place (we stayed with them while we were in Philly) and went to bed early, as we were getting up at 4:45 to drive back to Dayton.

Wednesday. We knew a big snow storm was coming, but DH still wanted to drive home yesterday. I drove the first couple of hours, while the weather was fine. Right before we hit somerset PA is where the weather got bad. The roads were snow covered and everyone was driving about 30 mph--on the PA turnpike. The snow turned to freezing rain as we drove down the mountain. We drove from New Stanton, PA to Wheeling, WV in freezing rain. Not fun! It was dangerous, but we have a good car and DH is a great driver--he did all of the driving in the bad weather! The weather and roads got a little better in Ohio. The roads didn't start to get dangerous again until right before we hit Columbus. Then from Columbus until we got home (about 1 hour and 1/2), the roads were poor (mainly just snow, not freezing rain). Beavercreek (where we live) got over 7 inches of snow in less than a day, so not bad, but not great. The trip took us 11 hours, it usually takes us 9, so it wasn't too bad. Glad that we made it home safe!

Today I have an u/s to see if my cysts have shrunk. Hopefully they have and I can start planning IVF!

BTW, if you read this whole thing, you have the patience of a saint!

you!
Belita likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

December 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Drooling from your mention of the Baba Booey cupcake from Crumbs. We don't have Crumbs out here, but I snag a cupcake when I'm in DC (at least once per year) at the Union Station location. Their cupcakes are so big!

It sounds like you had a fantastic trip! I enjoyed the pics on FB.
Nicholle ttc likes this.
December 28th, 2012, 05:14 AM
One thing I keep forgetting to mention is how much I don't like being on bcp! So since I've been on the pill I feel like I have less energy, my skin is horrible (yeah, haven't had breakouts like this since my early 20s) and my sex drive is almost non-existant. Unfortunately, I will have to start another pack of pills when AF arrives. Thanks for letting me rant!

This weekend will be a busy one! We're hosting a NYE party, which means that I have to clean the whole house. DH built a bar in our basement, so I have a feeling the party will be on several floors. I like hosting parties, but it can be stressful! Besides cleaning and organizing the food, decorations, etc...for the party, I think DH and I will go to dinner on Saturday and maybe a movie. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

December 29th, 2012, 03:13 PM
So mad at myself! You know how I said I likely gained 5 lbs from the way I ate during the last two weeks. Well, I did gain 5 lbs! My favorite pair of jeans feel tight on me. It's my own fault. I've eaten sooooo badly for the last 2 weeks, especially in NY and Philly--seriously going out to eat every day 3 times a day for a week. I know I can lose it, once I start eating normally again and I actually like to exercise; but still so mad at myself. I was only 2 lbs away from my goal weight, now I'm 7 lbs away. Ughhhhh!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

December 31st, 2012, 05:52 AM
So, I decided to write out my 2013 NY resolutions and what better place to do so than my ttc journal.

Resolutions:

Do everything in my power to make IVF work the first time! For instance, follow exact instructions, do not drink any alcoholic or caffeinated beverages, continue eating healthy and exercising, but no heavy exercising before/after egg extraction, relax, stay positive and utilize visualization techniques during the cycle.

Lose the weight that I put on during the holidays + 2 lbs. I've been able to lose 48 lbs, I can lose the weight that I put on + 2 lbs. My plan is to have this weight lost by the end of January!

Continue with my exercise routine. Only slow the routine down during critical points of IVF cycle.

Try meditating at least once a week. If that doesn't work for me, try guided imagery and visualization for relaxation.

Continue to spend less and save more this new year.

Happy New Years to everybody! I hope that 2013 is even better than 2012 for everyone!!!!
KatieKat, Belita and Jen@FirsAve like this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 2nd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Cycle # 18 (I think), IVF cycle

Happy New Year to everybody! As you probably know, we held a NYE party the other night. We invited about 9 couples and most (8) of them attended. I made a signature drink, Midnight Martini and made lots of appetizers (too many, imo). Everyone loved the food and drinks! DH built a bar in our finished basement, so the drinks were downstairs and the food was on the island in the kitchen. That worked out really well, as people kept moving and there was less grazing! We had a champagne toast at midnight and then had dance competitions until about 2:30am. The party finally ended at 3am. DH did shots and got a little sick. So I said goodbye to everybody and cleaned up. We were both feeling a little hungover yesterday (DH more than me). We figured this is hopefully my last big party before pregnancy (if IVF works).

So today it's back to reality; working, eating healthy, back to the routine, etc....

I hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 2nd, 2013, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy New Year hun! Glad you party turned out great, sounds like you, DH and everyone had a blast!

I love your resolutions and hope they work out for you!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

January 2nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
IVF info

I'm still in the very early stages of learning about my IVF process for this cycle. RE has sent me a packet of information with a calendar, which I should receive shortly.

Currently, I'm on bcp, taking my last pill on January 19th. On January 14th, DH and I meet with RE for an IVF education seminar and u/s. On January 15th I start the Lupron injections. I think that I'm on Lupron for 2 weeks??? I'll learn more soon. I take a low does HCG shot on January 25th. That's all I know as far as scheduled appts/injections, etc....I know that I will be taking ovidrel again (it made me soooo naseous last time!). It looks like I'll be taking insulin shots as well???? I guess I'll find out more in the next few days when I receive the packet of information!

Oh, the total costs of these meds, $3400.

I'm starting to get really excited, but also really scared. Of course, I'm worried about it not working, the cost of the whole procedure and what all of these hormones will do to me.

F/X'd that this works the first time!
Belita likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i'm so for you Nicholle, I really hope this cycle works for you! Although I can imagine all of that information is overwhelming, hopefully after your next appointment you'll feel a little more prepped and ready! I cant wait to follow your IVF cycle hun!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

January 3rd, 2013, 05:31 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I can't believe it's all starting so soon! Really excited for you! Just out of curiousity, I read my RE's IVF brochure online the other day, and man was I overwhelmed with information - so I can imagine you must be as well! Hope everything becomes clear in the next few weeks and then you'll end up with a lovely BFP!!!!!!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

January 3rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Received a call from RE this morning.

Oral meds: doxycycline (antibiotic) for both DH and I, Xanax (apparently not only does it relax the mind, but also your uterine wall--or so I'm told by RE's office!), Medrol (steroid) and prometrium. My body is going to freak out! It's very sensitive to meds, but it also responds well to them. Again hopefully this will work!
Belita likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 3rd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicholle ttc likes this.

January 3rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Glad your party was fun!

The IVF process can be very overwhelming, I can attest to that. My best advice, ASK QUESTIONS. No matter how many times you think you are asking the same thing, ask again if you aren't clear. And when you get home, if you forget (like me), call and ask again.

My meds ran about $3600 too...make sure to ask your RE's office/nurses if they have any coupons or samples. I got a lot of samples of this and that, which added up in the long run!

And never forget, both of you, if you have questions, I'm only a PM away!
January 3rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Thank you, thank you Karin! I didn't think about samples. I just emailed my RE! As I learn more, I'm sure I'll have many questions and will likely take you up on that offer! You are the best!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 3rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I would have never thought of samples, either, but I had one really great IVF nurse who told me to always ask for samples. I got a few samples of Follistim (about $300/each), and something else too. Sometimes, they won't have anything, sometimes, they will, but it never hurts to ask! When you're paying $3600 out of pocket for meds (on top of all the other IVF costs, also OOP), ANYTHING helps!!
January 3rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Sadly RE does not provide samples. They directed me to Gonal f compassionate care program. The website is not working from my work computer, but I think I've already looked into this and we make too much to get assistance (if I'm remembering the right program). I'll check it out from home tonight.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 4th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I received my IVF packet yesterday! Lots and lots of info! It looks like I'm on shots from 1/15 to 2/23--woo hoo! Honestly, I don't mind shots, i just hope it works!
KatieKat, Belita and Jen@FirsAve like this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 7th, 2013, 08:35 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I am getting very excited for you!!! You'll be starting your IVF cycle soon!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
January 7th, 2013, 06:38 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
How exciting!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
January 11th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Prepping for IVF

So, DH and I see the RE on Monday for our IVF education class. We have already reviewed the packet and initialled the consents, as we were told not to sign anything until after the education class. Also on Monday, I'll have an u/s and a mock transfer. I'm getting excited (and nervous) as this is getting really real!

I have a couple questions that I need to ask: 1.) Just wanted to confirm--no alcohol starting with the Lupron shots. I'm not a big drinker, but we are going to Cincy next weekend for a friend's birthday and I would like to have one beer, but I don't think that will be happening. 2.) Review the success rate again. 3.) Ask, What could stop the IVF cycle? 3.) Ask, Can I take over 1,000 mg of folic acid? My RE stated that I should take 1,000 mgs. My prenatal only has 800mg, so I picked up 400mg tablets to supplement. I could cut these pills in half, but if it's ok to take 1,200 mg, I'll just do that.

Tuesday, January 15th, I start the Lupron shots. This will overlap with BCP for several days. I'll have a short AF and then start stimming (tentatively) on the 25th.

At Monday's appointment I have to pay the deposit, which includes the cost of everything but the anesthesia, medications and embryo cryo. The deposit is $5,750. Good news is that the meds are going to be cheaper than expected. We were quoted at $4,300, but it looks like they will be less than $3,500. Hopefully, that won't change!

Again, I'm so excited, but nervous too. I'm utilizing visualization techniques and continuing to think positive thoughts. I'm also reminding myself that it may not work the first time, but that I will get pregnant!

Currently, still getting side effects from BCP: weird acne, yeah, I feel like I'm 15. And I think, my BBs are getting bigger. I noticed this weeks ago, but I thought it was from gaining weight over the holidays. As I'm losing weight, they are not getting smaller. I was at a small 34/36D (Victoria Secret measurements) about a month ago. I'm definitely a full D now. It's really not that big of a deal, but with the hormones I will be taking, they will get bigger and when I get pregnant, they will get bigger. They do not need to get any bigger!!!!

Non-IVF news: My parents are coming in this weekend to celebrate Christmas with us, as we went to DH's family's place for the holidays this year. I'm looking forward to their visit. Their last visit for my birthday went well, hopefully this weekend will go well too!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2