Nicholle's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree586Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 12:01 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Please KUP about the endo. Your summer sounds like a lot of fun! I love taking trips!
April 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Staying busy really does help the time fly!! I am hoping to fill up my next couple months like we have this past one. Although a weekend off might be nice too at this point

Sounds like a fun summer

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 26th, 2013, 10:36 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Looking forward to hearing about the results of the surgery! Things are busy here too - definitely makes the time pass!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

April 29th, 2013, 07:30 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Hey there - I'm going to take a JM break - but I wanted to wish you good luck on your surgery!!!! I'll check in to see how it went!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

April 29th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Thanks ladies!

I had a wonderful trip visiting my family in PA; but came down with a sinus infection. I'll try to post more later.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 29th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Sorry you aren't feeling well

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

April 30th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I'm so sorry that you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.
April 30th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nicholle feel better! Sinus infections are nasty things! I have gotten quite a few so far this year. I have been sending some good thoughts your way for the surgery. Hopefully soon there after you will get your BFP!!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
April 30th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Don't stop believing!
BabyBirdies, Mom2JDub and momology like this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

May 2nd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Lap surgery cycle

So I'm disappointed in my slowed weight loss progression.

Here's the rundown: I lost over 45 lbs and weighed 136 lbs right before Christmas. My first goal is to be down to 134 lbs, so only 2 lbs away from my first goal. I put on 4.5 lbs over Christmas--which due to my traveling and the Christmas holiday it made sense. I lost 3 lbs before I started my IVF cycle. So I was 137.5 lbs before I started taking gonal-f. I gained 5.5 lbs from IVF, so I was up to 143 lbs. I lost the 5.5 lbs in 2 weeks after failed IVF. So I was back down to 137 lbs. Sadly due to stress, sadness and hormones trying to regulate themselves I gained 1.5 lbs back, so I'm up to 139 lbs. I injured my knees and went to Cleveland for work and gained 4.5 lbs. So I was up to 143.5 lbs. I lost 3.5 lbs of that last week, so I'm down to 140 lbs.

I really wanted to be at my goal weight of 134 lbs by lap sx. Though I'm working out and eating right, I feel like I'm gaining weight. I started bcp about 2 weeks ago for lap sx and I know that it can cause some weight gain, but I have still lost weight after christmas/before IVF and I was on bcp at the time too.

I weigh myself on Saturday mornings. I really hope that I lost weight this week. I'm now hoping to be down to 137.5 lbs by next Friday, but we'll see how much weight I've lost this week to see if that's a possible goal. I'm just so frustrated. I know that it's not a significant amount of weight, but I'm super goal oriented and I'm so frustrated that I haven't met my first goal yet. I'm not running like I used to because of my knees still not being 100%. I have jogged twice this week, but only for 10 minutes each on the treadmill, as I want to slowly build up to running again. I also need to buy a new pair of running shoes and maybe a knee band....

Again, I'm just frustrated, thanks for letting me vent.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

May 2nd, 2013, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you're so frustrated! If nothing else you are so very close to your goal and you've done a fantastic job already!

I would highly recommend a juice or,smoothie fast if you were up to it. I was feeling really frustrated a while back. I was doing a low calorie, high excercise, loads of water diet, and lost two pounds over the course of a month. So, I did a ten day juice fast and lost ten pounds. (And I've kept it off).

Just an idea as it may help you break through a plateau! Good luck and know you're doing great already!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 06:39 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are feeling disappointing Nicholle! I am very goal oriented too so I know how hard it is to not meet a goal by a deadline. But you really have done so well!!! AND you still have a week to keep working on it. Just keep at it and don't give up.

A knee band can really work wonders! The only issue with starting to wear one is it is hard to ever stop. That doesnt make it a bad idea just something to think about. When I was a more serious runner my doctor warned me that if I started the knee brace the muscles in my knee would learn to rely on it so he suggested I start with physical therapy - so I did that and my knees are more or less ok now. But my sister who had the same issue did the knee band and she loves it. She wears it every time she runs and it has been years now and she still loves it. She just ran a half marathon with it. New running shoes can be REALLY helpful. So maybe start there and see how your knee does first?

Wow. . . that was a lot about knees! Hang in there and vent away anytime!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

May 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks ladies!

Anna, I love the idea of a juice fast! I may start that after lap sx. Could you give me your recipes and how often you juiced, etc...

Elle, great idea. I think I'll just buy new shoes this weekend and then after lap sx decide if I truly need a knee band.

Thanks again ladies!
momology likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

May 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
First, no matter what is going on, you have LOST 40 LBS!!! Let's just be really super excited about that!!

Then, yes, you want to keep losing - I totally get that. But don't put yourself down because of that last 5 pounds!! It's hard not to, when you are goal oriented, but don't let that get in the way of your current achievement.

I don't have huge advice for that last little bit of weight. Maybe when you are done with the surgery, see where you are and make a plan from there.
Nicholle ttc and momology like this.

May 2nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
I'm so sorry that the weight loss isn't going as quickly as you hoped. That happens to me sometimes, too, and I get really depressed. I am here to support you, though!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I haven't been keeping up very well lately. I hope you have Endo!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 09:58 PM
Super Mommy
The weight you have lost is impressive, I wouldn't worry too much about about a little bit coming back considering the circumstances, stuff like that always seems to happen when you get close to your goal. "The last five pounds is always the hardest to lose" or whatever it is that they say. Definitely don't push yourself too hard, take care of those knees!!!

Sorry I don't have any real advice... still trying to lose the first 5 pounds over here...

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
May 4th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I've lost .5 lbs this week. Not as much as I would like, but I'll take it. I would love to lose another 2 lbs by Friday, but I don't think that will happen. I will still try my best to lose more though. Wish me luck!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

May 4th, 2013, 01:15 PM
You are doing great weight loss wise! You will be able to lose the last couple of pounds. GL!!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
May 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A loss is still a loss hun. Or at least thats what i'm telling myself this week pending my friday appointment lol.

You have done such a great job with the weight loss, 45lbs is a massive achievement. I get feeling discouraged but try not to be too hard on yourself, you have been through a heck of a lot since christmas.

The only thing I would say about the juice fast, is its probably not the best time to do it right after your surgery as your body will need plenty of nutrition / vitamins to heal and get over the surgery. That will be especially true if they do find endo and there's alot to remove. I think at a 6-10 weeks post op plan though, it sounds great!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search